Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do you want Level 200?

to those people who fake LD or just sit around leechin XP, you will be on ignore forever
    Techno-Wizard

So I can say I "beat" the game. Did all, saw all, killed all. I dunno. so I can be uber and show off, and help those less fortuneate.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Couldn't care less about reaching 200, it's inevitable over time. What keeps me going? A lot of things. I find it a relaxing two hour break form RL. I like having no agenda. Sometimes just travel, everywhere and anywhere, and watch things. Sometimes just talk to people, who I meet by chance. Sometimes I improve my char. Sometimes I team up with strangers and level. Some people are interesting and cool, some aren't. Someday, there might be more interesting NPC's to search out. I just try to live in Rubi-ka's world. It's a pretty diverse place, with varied people from all walks of life. There's no pressure and it's fun.

Re: Why do you want Level 200?

Originally posted by Karrd

• Why do you want to get to Level 200?
    • What do you plan on doing when you get there?
    • Do you find missions borring?
    • What keeps your from canceling?

Dunno, As im not much of a Pvp:er i guess ill go for Item hunts...

Perhaps start an alt (which im bloody thinking of doing)
    And usally my friends is what makes me not cancel... ;p hehe this game has its flaws indeed... to little content at highlvls... much more is needed and much more then just killing... And seriously tho.. i never found missions boring... =/ guess im to addicted.. heh

Now if many people could stop complaining on just adding high lvl content cause they self just can use it it would be much better... =/ *me thinks more of lvl req's etc etc* Else i could have stayed on lvl 125ish where i could upload all nanos...

Edit: tired as hell... cant write.. ill edit this tomm perhaps hehe...
    Last edited by Hajkster; Jul 12th, 2002 at 00:03:52.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

It seems that getting to level 200 is the only way some of the bedroom ridden computer obsessed get your ass kicked in real life geeks can feel a little power. I think your real height, weight and image should be used for your avatars so we can all see what true pimple farming is all about.

"How's the crop this year?"
    -- Harry Solomon

Getting to lvl 200

If your only goal is to get to lvl 200, you're missing out on a lot. Diablo 2 has much less storyline, less places, worse graphics, and less character options and people still play it. The thing that strikes me every time I go someplace new in Rubi-Ka is how massive it is. Hell, go to Stret West to the Reet Retreat, it's 3 stories, with balconies and a glass dance floor. Most people will never see it. But when I was there the other day, there were a dozen people just chilling there, there's myriad levels to this game, and if the only one you can see is 'lvlz n l3wt' you're missing out on a lot. Hell, I learn something new every day. The system vast and complex, with many varieties of things to do, and places to see. Try RPing. You're an Omni Soldier? Then be one. It's not about your level, it's not about your stuff, it's about what you get out of the game. A lot of you are missing out on a lot. I've played MUDs with less content and no graphics just for an alternate reality. Funcom has given you a massive world to explore and play in, and you blame them for not introducing storyline and quests and whatnot. Make it happen! It can't all be spoon-fed to you. There are thousands of players, massive zones, a dozen tradeskills, and all people do is make cookie-cutter chars and level to 200. You're missing out on a lot. If you think it's shallow, it's only because you make it that way. I'm not a fanboy, I have just played a lot of MMPORGs, I'm only 23, and this line of thinking annoys me. Anyways, /rant

Nicely worded Xuric. I disagree with you, though. Funcom wants us to pay $12.95 per month to play their game. They should provide a little of what the community as a whole is asking for. Role playing is for the select few who get into it. A majority do not and are here for the content which, should be updating a bit more than it does at the moment. You can go new places and do what? Kill the monsters there just as you killed the monsters where you were yesterday and the day before. What players are wanting are new quests to persue on their way to 200, something that may actually affect the storyline like a city that can be controlled by clan or omni depending on who takes it or missions that involved something other than going room to room killing things. Put some puzzles in the missions that you must complete in order to gain an item. Make missions outside that incolved several steps like: Kill a Junkbot Techno-Scavenger and take his remains to John Doe in Newland who will give you the second piece of the mission which may be to head over to Rhino Cockpit and bring back some Blood Creeper remains which may not drop on every kill so you need to take out a few and so on and so on. These are things that shouldn't be that hard to do and the folks at FC _must_ have thought about before. Why they don't deliver is beyond me. Great graphics and sound will only take you so far.

Just cause.
    ~Chris

Well said Xuric, although a little punctuation end paragraphs would've been nice Just a lil advice.

I love reet retreat.

The only reason I want level 200 is so I can help out people in need as much as possible.
    Last edited by Orchid; Aug 7th, 2002 at 17:01:34.

I could care less about 200. If i did one day get there i would be happy as hell not to have to run the crappy lvl treadmill anymore!
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

When I hit 200 I will not have to mission unless I feel like it... I havent done any quests yet, maybe Ill do that. Maybe Ill PVP more , maybe learn some tradeskills. Maybe just hang out in a metal bikini and disco with my friends. Maybe go explore the world....get some items I havent messed with getting yet. Maybe roleplay a bit...

I wont have a number goal hangin over my head, (I , like so many others are driven by having a number like 200 hanging over me , to acheive it...human nature I guess?) One thing I WONT do, is do the level treadmill again with an alt...one time on this is all I can handle, unless Funcom makes some drastic changes in how leveling is achieved in this game.

If I cant find anything to do , Ill go play Everquest where my level 60 Druid is still sitting there waiting the last part of her eqic quest...untill another game comes out., or Shadowlands proves to be what we all wish it would be.

172 and creeping ever slowly to 200
    Last edited by Meegor; Aug 8th, 2002 at 00:34:09.

I want 200 because that is the "end-game" and there is no leveling treadmill to keep up with. It lets you do more in the game since you don't have to worry about levels.
    -BlueMagic

Blue "Zyian" Magic RK1

Once I hit 200, I'm gonna tweak, fix, build and generally finetune.

And then it's payback time baby!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12