Thread: What i really hate and would like to see changed

What i really hate and would like to see changed

I'm only 54, so i guess it get worst later. But i would like to know :

1- Root Spell lasting 2 min. What's the deal with that, most of the time the mob cast that on you just before dying and you end up not being able to move for a good 2 min. It's very annoying. roots spells should last 30 sec maximum, no need to make something unable to move for 2 minutes or more !

2- Run Speed Debuff. You know that one that make you run like the 6 Millions Dollars Man ? You end up with a run speed of -200 or so. Once again, what's the deal of making that last up to 5-6 min ???? It's NOT necessary, it's very, very annoying.

3- DOT. I've noticed that most mobs always cast that just before dying, once again you have to sit and wait for a min or two for the program to end. Why don't make the program expire when the mob die instead ?

4- Deprive Skill (Major and Minor). But especially Major, they last way too long. In my book a spell like that should last for the duration of the fight. That mob is casting that thing on you and when you kill it only thing left to do is to sit and wait....

See a patern here ? Too much downtime, when i go on a mission i don't want to always sit waiting for a root to end, a deprive skill to end, a DOT to end or a run speed debuff to end. Hope you're gonna do something about that.

Thanks for reading !
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

I agree with most things you've said, but....about #2...I guess you haven't run into the, what, 16 minute version...<UGH>
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Try this.

I play an NT and when I get hit with a root/slow nano I can usually break it by attacking myself with one of my own nano's. A debuff like bow incompetence (because I dont use a bow) or other debuff might break it. But I usually get the job done with a DD nano, low QL. Most of the roots I think can be broken by attacking the person who is rooted. Figure out a way to attack yourself. Gawd, I hope this is not an exploit.

As far as DOT's and deprives go I haven't had much luck getting rid of those. However I agree that it does cause alot of down time.

Grimmtooth, you can also calm yourself to break the root. Looks kinda funny going from the blue-green jello suit to the yellow-orange jello suit, but hey..color is sometimes good.

runspeed debuff and root

Both run speed debuff and root can be broke by a debuff. Just use one for a skill you don't use.

You may have to debuff yourself repeatedly (usual 3 times for run speed debuff).

Also attacking yourself with a dd nano or calm is workable. Or let the mob attack you 3 times will also break it.

well, if snares lasted less, you're basically killing fixers, i need my snares to last that long so i can Kite.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Thumbs down yeah

I know that roots, dot's and other inhibiting nanos are a pain.. Especially if the last mob in a mission casts a snare on you.

But, lowering the duration would hurt player-classes that use them.

for a LONG time people have begged for a treatment-kit style device that can be used while standing but requires you to not be in a fight that removes roots, snares, debuffs ect. And the idea is still a good one.

As far as I am concerned, the "casting inexperience to break roots and snares" is an exploit. Sure, funcom knows about it, and sure a lot of people do it.. But a lot of people rob, steal, and kill too, doesn't make it good.

Funcom needs to fix the debuff-rootbreaking and at the same time intorduce a usable alternative:

1) a basic nano in vaired QL's for removing roots/snares should be about the QL of the root it is trying to break. And should use the same amount of nano as a root/snare of the same level.

2) a stim/kit that one can use while standing to remove roots/snares requiring that target is not in a fight. Also others could maybe be implemented to remove DoT's and possibly debuffs (though traders and agents might be able to exploit this by removing the negative effects after a wrangle or false profession, so that would need to be prevented.)

This fix is long overdue.

jabba.
    Devil's Advocate is cooler than you.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
    - George Bernard Shaw

How a soldier is supposed to attack himself in order to break the nanos ?

A mirrror shield will break most roots and snares, but not DoTs/debuffs. The nano inop counts as being hostile. You're the judge if no nanos for 2 mins is worth it.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

This is all part of Funcom's evil plot to make us all raise the Nano Resist skill..

That's what I was wondering - I wasn't sure that the NanoResist had such importance at first, but when I see that my Engie teammarte is ransacked for half less long than me when hit by some Trader in mission, I guess it must be that...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --