Thread: Agility Buff!

Lightbulb Agility Buff!

The need for Agility buffs is growing day by day......as the need for high agility is now needed for the ever popualer Senpai line of armour (especialy coats). There are numerous stackable buffs for strength and stamina, but only one (non-general) for agility (to my knowledge) which is feline grace. Which in its self is not that great and agents have it? Why agents......hmmm......I would understand Martial artists or adventurers, but agents.......I think they have quite enogh to keep themselves well off.....without having the only agility buff.

Personally I feel Agility buffs best belong to MAs.....but that it would give a already powerfull class even more power!

Therefor I feel that Adventurers are the best class to recieve agility buffs, as they are in need of something that other class would depend on them for.

bah, pay an agent.. we don't have many other skills that we can market..

Wink

The point is not to remove the Grace Nano from agents, but to implament more Agi buffs in general.

Side note I do respect agents, but i hardly feel bad for them....IMO they are a very powerfull class, far more than adv, and have no reason to feel threatened.

I understand that agents have takken on some tuff nerfs.....but common they were way to POWERFULL. Im sure they were alot of fun then and they all felt a great lose, but it wasnt about you, agents, it was about the other classes and ballancing. Now, I am not sayin that the nerfs were all fair, but in the big picture they did close a LARGE gap.

So agents i wish you all the best, love playin with you, and i hope you get all that you deserve "fairly" in patches to come.

The fact is not many people relize the problems that Adv's face because not many people have played them to high lvls and that is a sign of a problem. Everyone knows what is goin on with agents because they were the top class for a long time and attracted many players.

If the game was ballanced perfectly, then all professions would be just as likely to have lvl 5, 65, 130, and 200 chars. Also there would be relatively equal amounts of them arround.

gtg for now,

DoughBoy

Why don't you go check on the number of int/psy buffs?

Oh, thats right, besides general, there is only one. And it's self-only metaphys. And high-level, to boot!

Odin's Missing Eye
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

My point wasn't to beg for pity for agents. I'm not talking about nerfs or fighting or PVP. I simply meant that agents have 2 skills we can really market. Sniper's Bliss is asked for, but the number one desired buff we have is Feline Grace.

And as Spydr said, agility isn't the only rare buff. At least you can buy/beg a buff of Feline Grace. Sounds like the int/psy buffs are nonexistant unless you can selfonly them.

If we're redistributing buffs, I'm sure I'd like our class to have a few too.. we could distribute things enough to all of the classes that *no one* would ever have to buy a buff from anyone else. After all, no one needs a way to make money besides missions and we know how well tradeskills are working out..

Originally posted by DoughBoy
    The point is not to remove the Grace Nano from agents, but to implament more Agi buffs in general.

Side note I do respect agents, but i hardly feel bad for them....IMO they are a very powerfull class, far more than adv, and have no reason to feel threatened.

I understand that agents have takken on some tuff nerfs.....but common they were way to POWERFULL. Im sure they were alot of fun then and they all felt a great lose, but it wasnt about you, agents, it was about the other classes and ballancing. Now, I am not sayin that the nerfs were all fair, but in the big picture they did close a LARGE gap.

So agents i wish you all the best, love playin with you, and i hope you get all that you deserve "fairly" in patches to come.

The fact is not many people relize the problems that Adv's face because not many people have played them to high lvls and that is a sign of a problem. Everyone knows what is goin on with agents because they were the top class for a long time and attracted many players.

If the game was ballanced perfectly, then all professions would be just as likely to have lvl 5, 65, 130, and 200 chars. Also there would be relatively equal amounts of them arround.

gtg for now,

DoughBoy
    Last edited by Hodaka; Dec 12th, 2001 at 16:14:10.

Originally posted by spydr
    Why don't you go check on the number of int/psy buffs?

Oh, thats right, besides general, there is only one. And it's self-only metaphys. And high-level, to boot!

Odin's Missing Eye
    Is the 250 HP sacrifice permanent or until the nanobuff wears off?

Originally posted by zugs
    Is the 250 HP sacrifice permanent or until the nanobuff wears off?
    I imagine that, like all nanoformulas, it wears off when the buff does.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Relax

Well how many skills to Adv's heav that they can market, umm zero ask any Adv no one wants our buffs ever.

If you read carefully I never said re-distribute, I said add.....

My point is that with the new armors requiring Agi to be high, we would all benifit from another Agi buff and I think that Advs deserve it.

It would probbally be less than FG so agents wouldnt loose out any.

As far as int/Phys buffs thats your battle not mine....GL.

DoughBoy2/Skyy2 SoR

Re: Relax

Originally posted by DoughBoy
    Well how many skills to Adv's heav that they can market, umm zero ask any Adv no one wants our buffs ever.

If you read carefully I never said re-distribute, I said add.....

My point is that with the new armors requiring Agi to be high, we would all benifit from another Agi buff and I think that Advs deserve it.

It would probbally be less than FG so agents wouldnt loose out any.

As far as int/Phys buffs thats your battle not mine....GL.

DoughBoy2/Skyy2 SoR
    Usually an ADV in every group I've been in and everyone always wants the run speed and AC buffs everytime.

*Sigh* Another player that only thinks about his class and is willing to take one of the unique buffs an agent has and can market.

Agents appear to be the whipping profession of the vocal minority of whiners

Hiya DD :)

I tend to think Advs really need some work....I am a 101 Adv and when I group ppl usually only want free movement (if another higher one is not available). I found out in a group last night that until I can get my next AC buff (greater wilderness protection) my current one is not sufficient (soldiers get a better one). And as for our dmg shields...well heh I have one that deals out 35 damage each time I am hit- heh um that's really not all that much considering most mobs we fight at this level have thousands of HP. I would love some sort of buff- ANY buff that Advs could have that would be marketable. (dual wield or dual melee buffs perhaps?) Otherwise for now Advs are sol when it comes to making money...if they fixed concealment or missions then maybe we'd have a chance....

Soldiers? Good god you've got to be joking. At lvl 83 I'm using our 112 pt ac buff. A soldier friend of mine is using the 154 ac buff and consider's himself to be lucky to have it. I'm pretty sure that every other class with ac buffs gets better ones sooner than any soldier will. I know engie's do, but I'm unsure of other classes, but by and large no soldier nano is going to be superior to any other proff's nano.

Unhappy Shields and Buff for Pay

I figured Agents might actually pay *us* for Eagle Eye, but thats really about the only buff that people might aggressively pay for and at least Feline's Grace is useful for agents as well as everyone else.

I've had a couple people tip me for "Reet" form but quite frankly what most of my team mates want is a Grid Vektor Buff - nothing I can offer. And of course now Reet form cannot cast nano, so no help to docs anymore. I always give AC and speed buff to anyone who asks, actually I find its Engineers that usually trump me.

But at level 54 with 60ish armor, most things hit me for min damage with the shield off anyways. :/

Re: Hiya DD :)

Originally posted by Ariana
    I tend to think Advs really need some work....I am a 101 Adv and when I group ppl usually only want free movement (if another higher one is not available). I found out in a group last night that until I can get my next AC buff (greater wilderness protection) my current one is not sufficient (soldiers get a better one). And as for our dmg shields...well heh I have one that deals out 35 damage each time I am hit- heh um that's really not all that much considering most mobs we fight at this level have thousands of HP. I would love some sort of buff- ANY buff that Advs could have that would be marketable. (dual wield or dual melee buffs perhaps?) Otherwise for now Advs are sol when it comes to making money...if they fixed concealment or missions then maybe we'd have a chance....
    Hi Ariana,

I hope you didn't take my message the wrong way. I'm all for giving some love to ADVs (especially you) but I just don't want it dilute the agent profession which is already nerfed into .....well I don't even know anymore...

I would like to see ADVs get a good INT buff or B&E buff or Pistol buff of some kind.

NERF THE WHINERS - STOP NERF MADNESS

Unhappy Right...

Let me put it this way.

Most of their armor is either STR/SGL or SENSE/SGL. AGL affects
    their attack rating, and Buffing Feline Grace gives, usually, around
    +5-6 to it. It suits them more than any other class, so.....

...don't whine about it, at all. It's an agent nano for a reason.

I agree Adventurers deserve a little 'tweak', but FG being an
    agent only buff is highly irrelevant to that subject.

if anyone should have agil/sense buffs.it should be...

MAs. think about it....agil/sense is the main requirement for our MA skill (psy too). plus...agil/sense armor has a higher sense requirement but can only be buffed 27 whereas agil can be buffed 49

str can be buffed 57 (essence of titan and MA muscle boost of 25 and 12 general) but muscle boost doesnt stack with iron circle so if u need 40 in stam then u have to get titan and iron..but then u cant use the 25 MA buff

and as posted above...there is NO psy/intel buffs...i would think an NT would be a good profession for those buffs...

there are those shades of lubrication..so rare and so hard to get (as the mob only spawns every 36 hours hehe..i know the location...and takes 2 or 3 full teams to kill i hear) that only a few uber peeps will have those glasses that ad 30 to intel/psy each) barely seems fair. luckily i know 2 people that have them so get to borrow them from time to time

so next question..how come those 2 skills cant be buffed but all the rest can?

Talking Beuno.

Excellent points, celestiness.

And how many times do you shake your head when you hear:
    "Paying XXXXXX crdits for a non-general int/psy buff!"?

Until you guys get your own Sense/AGL buff, just give Morthoseth
    a /tell, and he'll hook you up. However, might I remind you that
    Feline Grace, and Enhanced Seses are our only buffing nanos.

You have Wooden Skin, and Subcon. I think it was 'intended' for
    every class to have a couple of exclusive non-self-only nanos.

Personally, if giving MA's their own sense/agility buff got the agent
    class their own crit buff, I'd be more than welcome to that idea.

also a good point morth, however...

dont agents have a crit buff? but its called something else and is self only and ads to like some other ability like aimed shot or conceal or something.

i wasnt really asking for MAs to have an agility buff. agents do them fine and have never had trouble getting an agent to buff me in trade for my vuln seeker.

i was more trying to say that maybe MAs could get a +20 sense buff or +25 sense buff since we have a 25 str buff already. and most agil/sense armor needs WAY more sense then agility. currently i wear a mix of flowers, primus and obtru. was able to wear ql 200 primus flowers like 10 lvls before i could put on my ql 200 obtru sleaves cuz even with ql 125 sense implants and maxed sense and general buff and enhanced sense buff i was no where near able to put them on till lvl 148 i think.

would never take anything away from agents as they have been nerfed enough (not the aimed shot cuz i still get critted for 1400+ aimed shots by agents green to me..but my brawl crits to them are around 1100..but to the conceal nerf).

and the intel/psy thing...well..a few +20 buffs to some profession or another would be nice. maybe adventurers...they got to be good for something for once hehe.

Wink Unfortunately, no.

Nah, we have no crit buffs.

I think it would be good to see a higher than +15 sense buff, too.
    Many agents wear STR/AGL armor, for the simple reason that STR
    is MUCH easily buffed that sense. With an additional +25 buff,
    most likely not paired with Enhanced, it might make things a bit
    more interesting. MA's could use a good stat buff, certainly...

However, I think ADV's shouldn't get an intel/psy buff. It should be
    left to those who it inherently effects. NT's/MP's/and such.

INT/PSY raise nano stats and pool, which is their friend!

Adv's DO NEED something, though!
    "Ideas are more dangerous than guns.
    We wouldn't let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"

yes we do have a crit buff

Take The Shot
    +120 aimed shot
    4% critical increase

reqs 700 psymod and SI

and it is castable onothers

Whatever, woman...

Originally posted by Phionna
    yes we do have a crit buff

Take The Shot
    +120 aimed shot
    4% critical increase

reqs 700 psymod and SI

and it is castable onothers
    And how many agents under 120 have access to that? NONE!
    I seriously doubt there are more than a TINY handful that can
    regularly cast that nano, and even 4% isn't much. My LLS gives
    that much 24-7. I want to see a good crit buff useable at lv50,
    or so. Even though I'm Lv65, 50 seems a more appropriate level.

So what if we have one? It's not usable until WAY down the line..