Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angry At Funcom? A Message To You...

Angry At Funcom? A Message To You...

It's the imagination and pride of the players in the world of Anarchy Online that keeps the game going, not some self-deluded notion to cry false advertising because you don't get to help Radiman or Ross appearances crash the zones.

Sure, Funcom has problems. They've had to completely rethink their strategy behind the game's developement when they realized that the servers cannot possibly handle the amount of idiots who clump around Ross when he makes his oh-so-longed-for appearances. They've also had to rethink the game's marketing value with the upcoming release of Star Newbs: Galaxies.

I don't blame them for any of this. They took the MMORPG market by storm, and got greeted with the world-wide known marketing traits called Competition and Finance. To handle these things, they've had to create new mechanisms in the corporate machine, and that's why the storyline suffers.

Meanwhile, the world of Rubi-Ka is a beautiful one. It's rich, it's full, it's complete (with additions both possible and soon-to-be), and it's full of thousands of people all willing to be a part of it and many striving to make it more than it is.

Funcom knows this, Funcom sees this, and Funcom reacts to this by not giving attention to the naysayers, but rather focusing all their efforts on upgrading, patching, and preparing the world of Rubi-Ka for it's true trials during the competition battles that are soon to be here.

If you care about Anarchy Online and Rubi-Ka, and if you agree that it has the potential to be the greatest MMORPG on the market, then stop spending your time shooting it down. Support it. Help them acquire more players (you can still get free game time by doing so, you realize, I've utilized this several times), support the player events that take place, and enjoy the world as it is. Ask questions, offer opinions on subjects.

Don't flame them and try to convince others that the game isn't worth it. Naysayers, your angst at FC because the game has evolved into things that go beyond what was printed on the back of the box is not well displayed by your public flames. It only creates more problems by convincing people of something that is simply not true.

AO is not dying. The Storyline is not dead. Yes it is currently "not running". I've already explained the reason for this. It is only temporary, and it WILL be back.

Funcom cares about preserving the world so that others may not become like the naysayers, bitter and scorned because you're convinced they owe you more than a great game world. They have had to focus their attention in the preparation for what is to come.

They are about to face the toughest thing any company could possibly face: The fight for the number one spot in an entire genre of the online gaming industry.

Personally, I believe the things AO could offer outweigh the things competitors like Star Wars: Galaxies could offer a thousandfold. This is an original universe, not some worn-out drum beat that's been danced to a thousand times already. This is a new creation by new minds.

That being said, I support Funcom and I support Anarchy Online, and I'm behind Funcom 100% during this period in the hopes that this will indeed become and stay the #1 gaming world on the market. I know there are thousands more of us out there, but very few of us ever come to these forums because of the negativity so often vomitted around here.

Again, it's the players that make the game. It's those of us who support the staff at FC by contributing what we can to make the world of Rubi-Ka a more enjoyable place to be, we have the ultimate power over what happens to this game.

SW:G isn't a cool concept. It's a 1970's storyline that's been drilled into my head since I was a child, and now it's rearing it's overplayed and ugly head once more in an effort to defeat true originality and promise. It won't succeed.

Dunno about you, but I'm sticking around. And the more of us that do, the better the (already good) chances are that we will see this storyline all the way through to it's conclusion, and still be around for the sequel.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Cool Tarryk

Tarryk, I agree with You!
    Anarchy Online is worth keeping alive!

But beware of your language though. You talk a lot about the naysayers. But You are yourself a SWG naysayer
    I will probably try SWG when it arrives. Not because it's Star Wars but because it actually might be worth playing.
    I try to keep an open mind about these things. Maybe it's good. Maybe it's not. It might be all the things I miss in AO. But there's also the chance that it just doesn't feel right... That it doesn't feel like AO

Btw. You talk a lot about the story starting up again. Actually You sound like You have a lot of inside knowledge about that. Care to comment on that?

/Ghump
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

I agree to some aspects of that post the most parts about the naysayers etc, Funcom does have alot of those , myself at times have been one although i have tryed to keep a well explained ideology behind my times of weakness .

Where to start , AO is the first .. on a modern scale .. sci-fi game able to compete against the best of them but i do feel it will all come to and end, not just because of Star Wars Galaxies but because of other high quality games that are and will be released onto the market.

Technology is a thing that advances on a curve it just gets better ,faster and this i feel is the down fall to many online games , its reason is the base of programing that is unable to be adapted to new and better programming ideas,
    Look at Ultima Online .. in its day it was considered to be the best ,it pulled a huge market and even tryed to keep up with modern aspects of the online industry,but because it was to far programmed in a certain way , because the players liked it that way as they were used to it , the Ultima Online : Third Dawn was a good idea in a sence to attract new players , but for players it became laggy , unplayable , and buggy.

EQ was already out on the market by this time , a *true* 3D world ,it soon took the top spot with the most subscribers , yet it was continually hounded because it had so many players in its midst and if 1 player complains about something another 10 players will back them up, its just the way of human nature , even thought the view of the 10 people backing them up isnt exactly on the point of what the first complainer made , they lack the time or effort to condense the complaint into thier words and usually say .. *i agree*.

Both these games I have played , I then moved onto Dark Age of Camelot , and it was my first experiences with a launch of a game and i was very lucky in reguards to that.

I had heard about AO , i was following its progress , but it had been classes in mine and many many other people , people like Lumthemad , Unknownplayer Sanya etc etc and many other well respected and popular players/companys who make it thier business to and lifes work to extend themseleves into this industry, that AO had the waorst possible launch in MMORPG history thus a trend was started.

In comparison to other games of thier time era , AO is still lagging behind with Beta bugs and such , however it has to be said that MMORPGs are built on the players , people play these kinds of games for interaction , and the there is no better interaction yet, but that of another human soul.

SWG I believe will be a huge sucess , and i think your half right in mention to the kids Tarryk , but for me Star Wars the original series wasnt drummed into my head, it was something i enjoyed , George Lucas made an inspiring and original story , a story so full of so many possibiltys that it captured the imagination of *millions* of people , and it still does today.

My second attraction to SWG is it is run by Everquest and Ultima Online Programmers with thier ideas and experience Lucas Art have been thrown in there to make this a sound business venture,these guys have already been down the road of what AO Programmers are doing right now they known the ins and outs of basic program engineering and they have had the players views *drummed* into thier heads for the last 5 years.

Players dont want level based games .. Everquest proved this by the invention of the level treadmill.
    Players do want graphically pleasing gaming worlds on a large scale , AO and DAoC have proved this by the beutiful scenes and small envirnoments , the players want big beutiful world , so big that it would take years to explore.
    Players do want huge amounts of trade skills with a sucessful economy to drive it,like UO.
    Players do want a patch of it to call thiers and for that patch to be modified in many different aspects.

All of the above is being offered by SWG reguardless if it was based on a Star Wars theme or not and its these points that attract me the most.

AO is good, but it needs to be consistant , it has to keep the players interested , and i think this is the main cause of many worries , as it isnt offering the players what they are needing so much , stability and content , once you hit a certain level , it becomes the same ole routine for those that are interested in leveling,there are still bugs that stop you in your tracks in reguards to that also.
    But it has a healthy community ,with players from all walks of life mingling and enjoying each others company ,this is a good thing.

SWG , from my past 7 years experience of online gaming , is telling me its going to be worth a very good look at.

Peace.

(please excuse the spelling errors , i just woke up *yawns*)

Re: Angry At Funcom? A Message To You...

Originally posted by Tarryk
    upcoming release of Star Newbs: Galaxies.
    THATS BRILLIANT!

Talking Nay Nay Nay Nay godammit Nay!

Yeah indeed.. Admire the clip art bugs.. The as*cough*es GM's The wonderful combat procedure.. The SPLENDID nerfs and yeah ofcourse the lovely lag
    "How do you prove that you exist...?
    Maybe we dont exist..."

"Love goes, Like night... Its a fading dream"

"15 candles
    Redeemers of this world
    Dwell in hypocrisy:
    "How were we supposed to know?"

Great post tarryk, i totally agree with you on that post.. (finally a post that isn't flamed)
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

oh wait, i spoke too soon *looks at methlons post*
    Eldridge "Thewanderer" Shelling
    Clan Martial-Artist
    3305 Local Diplomat

Yeah indeed.. Admire the clip art bugs.. The as*cough*es GM's The wonderful combat procedure.. The SPLENDID nerfs and yeah ofcourse the lovely lag
    Must be horrible being forced to play the game, Methlon. I mean, after you're banned (gee, wonder why...) you just keep coming back for more, and spend all your time flaming it. So I'm assuming the only rational thing: someone is holding a gun to your head, forcing you to play AO.

Any rational human being with your outlook would have left a long time ago and spared the rest of us from your negative attitude over those bad ol' GM's who refused to give you a God crack and a weekly paycheck for playing.

Then again, any rational human being wouldn't have your outlook in the first place. Go home and spare us your quest for pity.

AO rocks.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Talking Flame Flame Flame Flame i need to FLAME!

Whos spreaing rumors im human again.. God damnit.. You dont see the truth.. Gaute is not from the planet.. Hes an AYEEEE *gets shot in the back* /Ive ran out of coke....
    "How do you prove that you exist...?
    Maybe we dont exist..."

"Love goes, Like night... Its a fading dream"

"15 candles
    Redeemers of this world
    Dwell in hypocrisy:
    "How were we supposed to know?"

Arrow well

The first post seems to be aimed at my previous post and others like it so... This may get a little long but I am going to explain my postition ...I dont think you have been here all that long so a bit of history...

I and many others joined AO in beta 4 and when I was finally able to download the entire client with no "corrupt files" or "improper password" I was blown away... I had never seen any game like this before and I was very very excited to play... Now I attempted to test the beta (I sent in my bug reports when I was d/c every 5 minutes and other bug reports)... Myself as well as most other testers repeated over and over to FC that the game was not ready... We said "wait and release a game that works"... Anyone that was here at the begining know they did not listen... (The game when "gold" with still 2 weeks left in the beta)....

Well, I told myself to listen to the people talking to "wait for a month or two before buying the game" but I didnt... I went out and purchased on the first day it was available where I am from and began to play...I believed FC when they said "its only beta the game wont be like that". Oh, how wrong I was... I indured the constant disco's (every 5 mins) the "playshift failed" message (there were times when you could not change areas for hours at a time) as well the constant out of sync problems (there were times when if your pressed the "sit" key the action would not take place for as long as 5 minutes after.... But, I believed things would get better...

Things did get better...The constant patches (good thing) began to iron these as well as other exploites and bugs out...We were promised a storyline that we could influence and many stayed (myself included) with that promise in mind.... God, there were nights when you couldnt do a mission because you could not zone into the buildings, nights when you couldnt sit or stand, nights when you were disconected every 10 mins but I truley believed that things would get better... And they did...

Then patch 12.6 went live (this was before a test server)... When this patch went online nearly every person I knew in entire game quit... This patch was released on a friday and did not allow you to, for all intesive purposes, attack... We got a message saying "take it easy"... Now I was/am a MP so this didnt matter much to me anyhow (you dont know gimped unless you played MP pre-MP patch)... But, I stuck it out and KNEW the game could not get any worse and with the storyline on its way shortly I stayed....

Then on halloween the storyline was launched.... It had the movies to go with it and a new dungeon (SOM)... I still have my "childhood memory"... Now this story did not make much sense but I and the few remaining players played along... Soon more movies followed... The clans and omni were trying to make peace... Radiman and Ross were making apperances (not only in game but in the news as well)... My guild, along with others were trying to kill this peace and FC took that into consideration I believe... Snarf was actually in the papers in a movie, Albriec killed "Radiman" and a trial was held.... The players felt at this time that they were a part of the story...

This progressed along these lines for a while (some guilds anti-peace, some guilds pro-peace)... Funcom created an actual channel on our chat that brodcast the events and news that was happening so we as players could keep up with the current events... Soon the peace was ended (if we had anything to do with that I doubt but it still seemed like we made a difference)... Soon after omni was KOS in clan towns and Clans were KOS in omni towns... Something changed and I/we believed that the story was moving along... Mort became 25%... EFP became 25% and now rather then an attempted peace there was a war...

(I intentially am leaving out the "Dust brigade" thing because I still dont know what that had to do with anything)

Anyhow, it was around this time (late jan, feb) that we never heard of anything to do with Omni/Clans again.... Ross/Radiman have never (that I know of) made a statement since... (I am not even asking FC to have these chars make an appearnce just make a statement) The other characters that are in the manual have not been seen from since either...

Sure there are these little so-called "events" that at the end of the day mean nothing, but that is a long way from a story... You say we have to make our own story, well that is impossible without the help of FC...For the story to forward itself we need FC to implement some actually real world changes (changes the players cannot do)...

It nice that you are doing the DJ thing at the club but that is not any story...Do you think I or anyone else would have stuck through the things I mentioned (as well as many more) if we hated the game? I have put in over 100 DAYS /played on Crazyhorse but my moral is shot and I think many many others think as I do... Of the probably 15 people that actually read this forum I would bet most are players who, like you, are still staryeyed and full of hope... The rest are gone of just PvP in Camolot until something else comes along...

I was once a fanboy/girl too (I went from excited to frustrated to hopefull to disapointed to sad to disgusted and now to angry) but the game has been out over a year now with the promise of a story starting in Oct (which it did) and continuing for 4 years (which it did not- it seemed to end in feb)...You can say "wait, give it time", well myself and others have waited and givin it time and if this is all we are going to get each year I will restate myself again and say - Story is dead... delete forum...

If it were at all possible for me to delete that whole post just to spare people from the meandering whining I would.

If anyone has the fortune of reading this before the post directly above this one, let me just sum up for you:

"I am leet, you are noob, I play since beta, game suck, patch a little, suck suck suck whine whine whine ever since."

FYI, Crazyslag, I joined AO the day it hit shelves, and I've been dedicated since. I'm aware of all that you mentioned, despite it's being blown completely out of proportion. And it's still nothing more than pointless whining.

So your morale's shot because you think you deserve more? Do us all a favor and clam up about it. Or better yet get constructive and offer real suggestions instead of childish complaining. And no, "delete this forum" is not constructive.

You think that DJing is the only thing I've been involved in? Guess again, I've been here through it all, but I've got quite a different take on things. This game has progressed from a buggy disaster to a very powerfully active game world FULL of dedicated roleplayers.

You say we have to make our own story, well that is impossible without the help of FC...For the story to forward itself we need FC to implement some actually real world changes (changes the players cannot do)...
    You could not be more wrong.

Go read the definition of "roleplaying game" and get back to me.

Refraining from flaming people like you takes every ounce of my self-control. I respect that you put so many hours into the game as I have.

The respect ends there. Get over it.

Tarryk

Tarryk

What is your message ??? That we should be happy about the state of AO. That dispite what we where sold is not what we have that in some way we should still be thankful.

I have been playing this game over a year, most of the time I defended funcoms actions, expecting things to improve, so did a lot of people.

Sure things are better now than there where but we are still a long way from the advertised game we where sold over a year ago.

I think we have a right to expect the game to be better, the main part of the game was suppose to be the story. This key detail was the reason it made a difference from EQ. You must understand to for 3 months to have a story which was just getting interesting taken away from us.

A story which just stopped like that, without anyone from FC saying anything !!!!!

I think most people would have accpeted a reason, or a game plan perhaps even for them to say the story is on hold for a few months.

But no FC said nothing, thats why people are angry, we feel let down, and rightly so. We raise questions which never get answered ?

So my message to you is we have a right to be angry at FC, we have a right to express that, we pay our money and when things go wrong we should be told why and how and when it will be fixed.

Arrow T

Well quite frankly if you had been here from the beginning you would know that none of what I had posted was "blown out of proportion" in fact the first couple months of the game were much WORSE then I put, but like I said I too was fanboy/girl like you and defended FC... God, you think the complaining is bad now, they deleted the forums and locked them down in November there was so much complaining...

Kirrana is exactly right on in her post.... She is another person who put hours and hours of work into her news and reporting and site... And yes it is WORK...Enjoyable work, but work none the less... You think what she did or what we did to create events and news with FC was not? It was work and, like any work you expect after it is done to have some sense of accoplishment... Well, there is none...What did we get for our many many hours? We got a storyline that dissapeared without rhyme nor reason...

Again you seem to think that people walking around talking to each other in a roleplaying sense is a "story"... No, you are soo wrong...I and many others expect/expected a story to be unfolding around us, thus creating a "virtual world" so to speak in which we would be apart and roleplay inside of... You can only roleplay the DJ or the bad ass or the Omni/Clan war etc... so often...It gets stale, things need to unfold... I think you need to step back and look at what you are actually defending...(A sinking ship unfortuantly in my opinion)

However, I am going to continue to post and be angry at FC for the lack of respect and comminication that has been put to the players in regards to the "story"...
    Last edited by Crazy; Jul 11th, 2002 at 15:50:58.

Very good post, Tarryk

AO has problems, but what game dosen't? Funcom has problems fixing them currectly all the time, but what company doesn't? The next MMORPG could kill AO, but that's been said all before hasn't it?

I support AO much like I supported UO in it's early days. Funcom, in releasing AO, also did several firsts that no one had tried before; a single server and a single story based on an original Sci-Fi idea. It is not always easy to be the first, the first at many things are usually the first to fail, the first to be mocked and the first to be cast aside for others who ride their coat-tails.

Funcom, as difficult as it can be after a frustrating death due to a bug, has my support because I know what it is like to start something new, something many have high hopes for but many more feel will ultimatly fail because they think they know better. AO has my support because of the great game it is, the potential it has and the great people I have been honored to meet inside it's world.

Yes, i will try other MMORPG's. I will likely try them all as I have tried all the ones that have come (except that racing one). But, I will do so knowing that they, much like all those they follow, will fail at times to meet my expectations, they too will know what it is like to be mocked and they too will have multitudes hailing their end as the newest titles hit the shelves.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10, 000 ways that won't work."
    -- Thomas A. Edison
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

Agree in principle, even if my outlook differs.

Except with the one particularly braindead bit:

"SW:G isn't a cool concept. It's a 1970's storyline that's been drilled into my head since I was a child, and now it's rearing it's overplayed and ugly head once more in an effort to defeat true originality and promise. It won't succeed."

Great DJ. Completely clueless market analyst, apparently.

SWG will succeed above and beyond all other MMORPGs to date.

I won't play it. Maybe you won't play it. But they would have to try _very hard_ to make it fail. (And I mean deliberately, full-scale assault with the total weight of all the corporate machines that are behind it trying their damndest to get a tax write-off.)

AO was the last great chance for a small company to make a difference in the market.

"The Clans", represented by Funcom and perhaps Mythic at the moment, will at best be rendered irrelevent during the next assault by "Omni Tek", represented by Verant/Sony/Lucas, EA and Blizzard. Hell, who knows, maybe even MS's ventures will make a big splash (with AC2 and apparent publishing deal for McQuaid's next baby).
    ...you live, you learn
    ...you die, you learn faster

Man, the initial post really gets to me as to why FunCom lets this game go down the toilet. Gotta respond.

Here's about as close to flaming as I can get. Remember the attack is mostly against the ideas presented and not against a person. But:

TarryK,

You so need to get over yourself. If you think that some guy spinning records in a nightclub is a 'storyline' then you have some interesting thoughts. As far as I knew that is called 'roleplaying'. Quite enjoyable for those involved and sometimes fun to watch.

Don't delude yourself that playing some retro-grunge on Tuesday night has any impact on the guy up in Mort investigating Cyborgs or Joe Schmo shopping for armor in Tir Fair Trade. Likewise if you or your clients get arrested we could give a flying fart. Hurray, for you and your personal gang of roleplayers. You're fleshing out the world. You're adding life to the Stage that the Story is supposed to be told on. Still there's no Story being told on that Stage.

You can't do it. You don't own the stage. FunCom didn't give you the stage and we the other players don't relinquish our rights to be told the Story by the author of The Longest Journey.

Sorry if I'm not interested in 'The History of Rubi'Ka' as told by some egotistical player who portrays a DJ. But, I'm just not interested. Maybe if you are Tom Clancey, Stephen King, or Frank Herbert in real life, I'll retract that last statement. But as far as I can tell, you're just some schmuck paying 13 bucks a month just like me. You and your troop of actors' actions during your playtime mean nothing to me.

Your Story is that of a bank robber sticking up a QuickieMart over on 10th and Grove. My Story is Chernobyl melting down.

Your story is Rodney King getting beat up. Mine is Al Qaida flying planes into the World Trade Center.

Your girlfriend breaks a nail and starts crying. I'm driving on a road in Nevada and a beam of light takes my girlfriend away.

Trying to force your little roleplay sessions on the rest of the paying customer base with the poor justification that it is some kind of 'Story' is both egotistical and unfair. We wanted steak and your offering us your sorry Boca Burgers. To make it worse, you defend the people who told us we were going to get steak.

What is your defense? 'Tough luck, we realized we don't know how to slaughter a cow. No steak for you. Here's a pile of crap. Enjoy!'

Wrong answer.

People have a right to be pissed. They have a right to demand so much as a simple explanation as to where the story went.

They stopped the story with Ross and Radiman breaking off negotiations. How god damned difficult is it for them to tell us what happens next? How difficult is it?

People want to know about the things that matter. Things that affect the planet. They pay thirteen dollars every month to follow the unfolding politics and side-stories of the people who shape the world around them. They pay money for this. They don't pay money for you and your buddies to be patronized by 'greenies' sucking up into your RP-elitism.

Whether you know it or not, there are a HUGE number of non-roleplayers who are sick of the story being stagnant. They don't roleplay a lick and still want to know what's up with Ross and Radiman. Can you get that simple fact into your skull? People want the STORY. They can't be bothered with roleplaying, yet they pay to have the world change around them.

Is it too difficult for you to grasp the concept that a non-roleplayer wants to buy a news chip out of a commodity terminal and read on his PDA that Ross is considering shutting down the ammunition supply lines moving through Omni territory to Clan territories. Don't you get the fact that bullet prices being doubled and having a Story context is what we're all asking for?

I'll tell you what few of us want: friggen blurbs about Storm or some other group killing NPC's in Clon**** written about all flowery and posted on the Story site like it actually meant something. Or even worse like it had some validation from Ragnar with respect to the eventual revelation that the Shadowlands is inhabited by creatures that molded the first Adam and Eve and that the Shadowlands are actually the Garden of Eden and Man was not cast out from a place on Earth but from Rubi'Ka itself and that we lost 'life eternal' when we were ejected from the only place in the universe where Notum exists and makes resurrection possible. OK, go ahead, play some Techno and we'll read about it on the 'Story' site.

Give us a break. Shut up and play your records. Roleplay away. You guys do a great job and enrich the Stage for the rest of inhabitants. If you weren't trying to claim that this was 'Story' in some fashion, everyone would be cheering you on. You make things seem 'real'.

But don't EVER defend FunCom for stopping the Story. DON'T encourage them to force the players to live in a stagnant world where the global leaders are on permanent vacation. It's not fair for you and your group of merry troubadors to advocate what FunCom has done to what was once an intriguing Plot. It's not your right nor your duty to make posts like this that essentially proclain 'All is well, all is well!'

Remember Kevin Bacon in Animal House during the parade scene? Reminds me of that.

Crazy and Kirrana, the answers to every point raised in both your posts are on the very first message of this string.

You just looped it with the exact same arguements that were presented there, so instead of replying, I ask that you take the time to read it again.

AO is not dead. The storyline is on hold. I do more work than I would wish on my worst enemy for AO. I have no life outside of working on the news bits, commercialism, PR, and production for GridStream every single night. I have a news show on Wednesdays. Yes, we talk about news and events on AO. Yes, we have content related to the storylines that are unfolding while you guys are complaining--yet again--that the little quote on the back of the box isn't being 100% satisfied.

Cry me a river. I'm still working my ass off in this game, and not only is it fun, but it pays off 100-fold with the reactions from the roleplayers and storytellers out there who are NOT related in any way with the Funcom storyline.

It's all part of the hiatus that we are taking while anticipating the resurgance of the AO storyline, and it's hands-down fun all the way. I'm sorry that you are so influenced by your dependance on spoon-feeding. Again, go read my first post in this string.

It won't succeed."

Great DJ. Completely clueless market analyst, apparently.
    Agreed, Therion. That single 3-word statement was slipped in without regard to fact. Allow me to reword:

It is my belief that it SHOULD NOT succeed, and my hope that it DOES NOT.

You so need to get over yourself. If you think that some guy spinning records in a nightclub is a 'storyline' then you have some interesting thoughts.
    Bio, that entire post was an unfounded attack. Basically, F you too. I do not recall at any point in this string where I even mentioned my DJ'ing (aside from the above statement in THIS post). You're the one that jumped to the conclusion that any references I made were even related to DJing. It's a jumped-to conclusion and probably one of the DUMBEST retorts I ever read. You're apparently the one not listening. It had nothing whatsoever to do with the original post in this string, except for that last statement.

I will support Funcom because I want this world to succeed, and I'm not going to let my own ego step in and cause me to throw a tantrum at them because they nerfed my range or broke their storyline. I'm going to tough it up and continue playing, and wait for the storyline to come back. And it will.

In the meantime, I play alts. You probably know them. They have nothing to do with DJ'ing. Consider that retort shot down.
    Last edited by Tarryk; Jul 11th, 2002 at 17:49:28.

In regards to the storyline I think that it would help immensely if Funcom would produce an article that stated officially that the storyline was on hold and why and when they expected it to start up again.

It seems to me that they were blindsided by how much work the game needed to get into shape and that they had to devote full resources to the game mechanics and the storyline suffered as a result.

That's ok. I can accept that provided they come right out and say that circumstances have forced them to put the storyline on hold temporarily. I think what is frustrating people is not knowing what is happening.

I suspect that Funcom is planning to restart the storyline just before the expansion ships. I don't know that for a fact, it's just a hunch that I have. Again, I can accept that. I just need some official reassurance from Funcom that YES the storyline WILL start up again.

In regards to the storyline I think that it would help immensely if Funcom would produce an article that stated officially that the storyline was on hold and why and when they expected it to start up again.
    I agree wholeheartedly. This is something they should definitely do, and it is the only true concern that I have. It is a poor decision (or indecision) on their part to not keep us updated on the status of the storyline or when it will be re-implemented.

I suck at flaming and I'm being yelled at to get off the forums :P

So, since I have ZERO time to type anything out:

/me defends Tarryk with a magical apple pie staff
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast