Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 sec server lag every 2 minutes

4 sec server lag every 2 minutes

About 32 days ago on a Friday, there was a message in the server status area on the logon screen that read something like
    "the servers are all messed up and we don't know why, we're looking into it"

The message ran all weekend long. The problem that started that Friday is still in the game 32 days later. About every 2 minutes or so, the servers shutdown for 3 to 8 seconds and no one can cast, sit, or fight. You notice it most if you are a casting profession, like a doctor. Everyone in the team (and in guild chat's) will say "lag" so I know it's not just me.

If you are not a casting profession, you may not notice it at all.

It's very annoying and it didn't used to be there.

Please explain and fix this one, it gives me a sick to my stomach feeling, like an experience-hickup. Very ugly.

WOAH!!!

Buddy your not alone!!!

Ex. 1 -
    About a week ago last weekend my Organization buddies and I are in a huge mission 70-80 team in a 127 mission. We go up on the lift to the 3rd floor and all of a sudden we cannot sit, cast heal, etc. for a total of 10-15 mins. Low and behold the servers catch up and all of a sudden I get hugely spammed with a bajillion spells and people running around... Very funny

Ex.2 -
    Last night im blitzing missions and on the way out with my item I get a$$ raped by the FC server. This mission had nothing but chaos minions in the damn thing and im level 80. Just as I hit the exit door the server catches up with my client and warps me back to main room where 5 or 6 chaos minions are sitting at the dinner table with chemical plates waiting for my tasty wolf self.

So yes the servers are F.U.B.A.R 'ed!!
    Wizard's First Rule, people are stupid.
    Wizard's Eigth Rule- Deserve Victory. -Terry Goodkind / Author

My 100th post!

I Am A: Chaotic Good Elf Ranger
    Find outWhat D&D Character Are You?

S.H.Y.E.N.I.A.: Synthetic Hydraulic Youth Engineered for Nocturnal Infiltration and Assassination
    What Cyborg are you?

Last night the server lag was horrendous, worse than just the normal 33-day-old issue.

Did the patch fix it in any way? There are no patch notes. I'm at work and can't play for 8 more hours, anyone have any observations?

Are the 3 to 8 second server lags every 2 to 4 minutes still there, too?

Yep still there

Yessir,

The lag is still there even after two maintainence patches. I especially notice it during peak hours of 8pm-3am PST -8:00GMT
    then it goes away almost to non-existence. This is probably due to most of the playing world going to bed for the next 3 or 4 hours. So if you want lag free time *if there is such a thing* best do it after 3am PST

My 100th post!

S.H.Y.E.N.I.A.: Synthetic Hydraulic Youth Engineered for Nocturnal Infiltration and Assassination
    What Cyborg are you?

Does FunCom even know about this critical issue? We are on day 34 and still no fix.

The servers have been busier in months past without this problem. Although it may happen more when the servers are more populated, it way beyond normal lag.

The game is unplayable as it is.

Last edited by Beaker; Jul 11th, 2002 at 19:37:22.

Weird...
    Just had a couple problems yesterday, but a GM told me nothing was wrong.
    I was in the middle of a battle when all of a sudden the server side stuff went dead. I was still in client side for a few minutes, able to run around and wave to enemies but not interact with anything. Then I dropped completely and came back to a ton of xp missing (I was near the end of a big mission ).
    After that it seemed I was getting a lot of minor hits of lag. Then the same as above happened again, luckily it was right after a fight this time.
    The only other time I had crashed like this was when I first started, but it went away and I passed it off as a setting on my machine I had fixed...

Very annoying .

sounds like they may think it's not an issue

this is not good news

I'm having this, too. I just logged off, actually, because my lag is too bad to play.

It's noticeable when a morph or fp wears off, but you can't refresh because although your client thinks that the nano is no longer running, the server doesn't agree.

Lag has been terrible since 14.4. I never get it outside mission areas, but when in a mission, solo or team, the lag is in full force.

First for team missions...

I play a MA so I tank a lot. This past week especially has been hell. I receive ghost damage on every single mob that attacks me. It goes something like this...

You hit mob for 1500 points of brawl damage.
    Mob hits you for 238 points of melee damage.
    You hit mob for 378 points of fire damage.
    You received xxxxx amt of xp.
    Mob tried to hit you but missed!
    You hit mob for 435 points of fire damage.
    Starting attack failed...
    Starting attack failed...
    [Team]Dezzie: uh oh ghost damage, start healing guys
    You were hit for 439 points of damage
    You were hit for 342 points of damage
    You were hit for 300 points of damage

That's just one aspect of this lovely lag that's afflicted us players. Mobs still warp through walls. One minute they're standing next to me, the next instant they're across the room, or in a completely different room running into a wall, I start running towards them, only to find that in the next second, they warp back to where I used to be standing. Doors in team missions do not open when a teammate passes through it, they just kinda disappear through it, very annoying when you're supposed to be following. Finally the HP bars. These are FUBAR Funcom. A person can be listed at full health (even when I have them targetted), then after a few seconds of them being hit, I ask, is that mob even touching you? 5-10 seconds later I see their health drop from full to half (or less).

In a solo 'subway' mission in Clon****. I get about 5 rooms into the mission and suddenly the next door is blacked out. I end up making my way through it only to find that every single door after that is also blacked out. Every room I entered after that was empty and full of blacked out doors. I back track and end up getting stuck inside because one of the doors wouldn't let me through. I petition stuck in mission, twice. After 30 minutes (this long a wait for that type of petition is insane if you ask me, it used to take 2-5 minutes), I finally get an ARK, and he tells me that the server has my position listed as being at the mission entrence room. In the hour I was inside, the server never recognized me as moving around.

I say to the ARK, ya know this sort of problem has been around for quite some time, are the dev's even investigating this? He says yes, but its not necessarily Funcom's fault. He says a lot of times its the players ISP, and server that uses. In response to this I laugh and remind him that the majority of players have the same lag problems I do, and the the ONE thing we players all have in common is Funcom's game server. All he said in response was, ok, well do you need anything else?

-Dez

Couple things

2 points I would like to make:

1. If your getting lag pop up your browser, if you play in windowed mode, and log onto yahoo or google. If the page pops up in less than 3 or 4 seconds. Your connection is good and it is FUNCOM's servers that are to blame.

2. In all my 5 years of playing games online our ISP is less than 5% at fault. It is always either heavy internet traffic, a relay post somewhere in tin-buck-too just died, or the server at your destination just died.

So the next time an ARK or GM tries to claim ISP tell em to shove it. It's just an excuse to get you off their petition board.

My 100th post!

What Cyborg are you?

It's FunCom's servers, there is no doubt about that. When you have a team of 6 poeple from all over the world and you have a guild with people from all over the world and they all say "LAG" at the same time, it's not everyone's ISP at the same time.

We need to make sure FunCom knows the servers are unplayable.

llllllaaaaaaaggggg

it feels like their ISP's ATM ring is overloaded, and they are running Compaq / MS servers

Here's a clue funcom, reorg your DIM1 and DIM2 to be DIM EU and DIM US

This problem seems to be getting worse. This weekend was unbearable. I tried Rubi-Ka 2 and it even worse than Rubi-Ka 1, it seemed.

FunCom, what is going on? Please fix ASAP.

FunCom's ARK's response

Last night was the last straw I could not keep my mouth shut in game any longer. Having dropped from the server, FunCom's side disconnect mind you, I had to relog 4 times in the Broken Shores zone. After losing 1.6mil (equivelant to 2 levels) I decided the servers were F.U.B.A.R.'ed to the point we could not do missions. So I petitioned and sat in Omni HQ waiting for an ARK. Guess what I dropped another 2 times while in Omni HQ. So a total of 6 server drops and 2 levels of exp lost I was getting peeved.

When the ARK finally replied I gave my account of events as well as the names of my other guild mates and friends who were in my team and organization who got dropped at the same time. Quoting that they were in such differing locations as

BC Canada
    California USA
    Iowa USA
    Forida USA

The ARK finally admitted that the server we were on was having troubles and that they should be gone by now. My response was to ask if the servers worked on a zone-to-zone basis or per population. FunCom would not disclose that so I moved onto my complaint which was:

"Well if FunCom Realm servers are based on a server farm then is FunCom working on server stability because there is a post on the boards that a lot of people are citing similar issues."

The ARK's response.
    "Server crashes are not an uncommon occurance. They do happen. However FunCom is aware of the server side drops and are constantly working to improve the situation."

To this I say
    BAH
    I worked in a corporation selling servers. The promise we had to make to the customer was to guarentee that our servers would not be down for more than 3% of the year!!!!!!! FunCom servers are down around 10-15% of the year. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE by corporate standards.

Cosmik, Cz
    If you read this you should let your engineering/MIS department know that their servers are subpar and need to be overhauled cause your promise to us customers of constant online time is quickly faultering!

edit
    ----------------------------------
    Cosmik Cz:
    Sorry that should not be your promise, but FunCom's promise
    Last edited by Shyenia; Jul 17th, 2002 at 00:45:18.

My 100th post!

What Cyborg are you?

lol, week goes by and not even "We are looking into it"?

I was disconnected? Must have been a bad girl...bad, bad, killing all those nice creatures.
    postcount++

I hadn't played a mission in about a week and as a result I was beginning to think the server lag was gone, but I played a mission last night and it was there.

2 to 15 seconds of lag every 2 to 4 minutes.

FunCom? can you comment on the source of the lag? It is your servers or your ISP?

It makes the game very difficult to tolerate.

Yeah

Yesterday.... A major lag on me. I with my grp went missioning. As the tank of the grp, I rush in and start fighting....... Hit brawl and slient -.- .. by the time I "wake up" , My teammate bodys are lying quite nicely on the floor and I get spammed. :/
    Dreamerxx - Doctor Current Setup Future Hope

Dreamerll - Soldier Babe

Dankala - Loved MP

Wound on the bone can heal but a wound from words may fester

I played about 4 hours of missions last night, healing almost 100% of the time and the ServerLag was very bad.

Any word FunCom? is it your servers or your ISP for your servers?

Talking Yesterday Sux

The whole team of us are fighting bots and after killing it, I dinged.... and 2 mins later while running aroung abit, i heard "oofff ahhh ehhh hooouuuaaa" -.-

My lazy MA is lying on the floor dead ........ Another time one of my other teammate supposingly died, (damn Bots) he loses his items, and he is recovering from shock from being dead..... mind you he is still standing IN THE MISSION AREA..... lol He has to go back to town from the mission for his items in the reclaim....... Anyway i got a good laugth at all these.
    Dreamerxx - Doctor Current Setup Future Hope

Dreamerll - Soldier Babe

Dankala - Loved MP

Wound on the bone can heal but a wound from words may fester

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast