Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all RK2 RP Guilds and Players!!!!!!

Calling all RK2 RP Guilds and Players!!!!!!

Please make yourselves known in this thread!

*A slim, yet abnormally tall, dark-skinned Solitus steps up to the podium. By his side is an automated assistant, who is holding a rather large stack of paperwork....*

*The Solitus steps up to the microphone and begins to give his speech...*

I know you guys are out there hiding somewhere in Rubi-Ka.

It's time to step forward!

The Roleplay Community on RK2 has been dormant for too long!

Every day, every time I read the forums, I read and hear of things happening on RK1. A radio show. A tavern, complete with bartenders, dancers, and waitresses. All Player run. A police force and MANY different departments, headed by Player Characters, and populated by player characters. Motivated.....ready to make things happen for themselves. It is called initiative folks...the ability to make things happen without the proper direction. I applaud the Roleplay Community on RK1, they are doing wonderful things, and not letting the lack of a feasible 'official' story stand in their way.

Now it is our turn RK2. If they can do it over there, then why can't we do something here? Why are we content with waiting to see someone with a green name pop up to Roleplay? We should not need a green name tag in our midst to roleplay and enjoy ourselves. That is simply an excuse not to. I am not talking about everyone of course. I know there is a few out there who openly roleplay. Who create their own guild events, and storylines. I applaud them as well. It is time we made our own world. We should not wait for Funcom to dictate to us how we are supposed to act, or feel...or do when in game. It is OUR game. Funcom made this game for their profit, of course. But while they rake in the credits, who are the ones out there playing? Hunting? doing Missions? WE ARE. Funcom may have made the game..but Rubi-ka is OUR WORLD. Not theirs. WE hunt, live, party, socialize, and enjoy Rubi-Ka. Funcom does not. Funcom merely provides the atmosphere. It is up to US what WE do with it. WE should shape the story of this world. Not them. Besides, if we don't do it ourselves, who will? Funcom? I think we all can agree that they will not.

For the few that do create their own things, I know it is a difficult task. I am in the middle of trying to plan some things as well, and it is taxing my brain heavily. But it CAN be done. It is not impossible. Given what we have, it is really not that difficult, as proven on RK1. Yes, we could use more means of entertainment in the game, but we can also manage fairly well with what we have now. We have clubs, we have arenas....*"An official sports league would be interesting, Sir..." The Automated Assistant whispers into the Bureaucrat's ear.* ....errr...where was I? Oh yes...

We have Clubs, we have arenas, there have been ideas of a professional sports league tossed around on these very forums *Glares at his assistant sharply*....a truly interesting idea. It is ideas like this that can make this server extremely fun.

It will take work, but it can be done. The few guilds and clans and departments that do create things for themselves are a bit too spread out in my humble opinion. We should make things like this, RP events...storylines known to all. This way everyone can be involved in the storylines if they wish, or can simply spread word about it, it can be the hot topic of the moment throughout Rubi-Ka. I envision bing able to walk up to someone who is in any of the guilds participating in the event, and them to be able to say to me "Did you hear about those murders in West Athen?" even though he has nothing to do with the murders in question or the investigation. If word of these types of events spread around to enough people on our fair server, then eventually it will be accepted as the norm, a rule, a fact...an 'official' incident. Word of Mouth is a wonderful and equally deadly device. Do not underestimate it.

With all this being said, I say to you, the roleplayers of Rubi-Ka 2....

STAND UP! Make yourselves known! Let us congregate and collaborate in order to make this server an enjoyable home, with or without the help of Funcom! Don't use the lack of 'official' story as a crutch any longer! Band together! A whole host of minds, and ideas, ar better than one or two. Share your ideas! Make your best attempts to use these ideas!

I will conclude this speech with an Old Earth saying which was very popular back in the 21st century....

If you want something done right, you must do it yourself.

Thank you very much for your time.

*The Solitus Bureaucrat raises his arms in a gesture of motivation, then steps down from the podium. He waits patiently, hoping that another will step forward and offer supporting words.*
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    CEO Freedom News Networks Inc., RK2
    Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

*A tall Opifex, wearing a Pandora's Wrath t-shirt starts to walk into the room with the solitus giving his speech to empty seats, stops, says "maybe I will try back when he's done.", and walks back out, throwing up a "peace" sign*

An average sized female Nonomage sits in the back nodding in complete agreement. Her small voice speaks from where she sits...

I am in complete agreement. Seems to me the world has lost it's passion for the cause for freedom does it not. People seem to think of it as just a simple way of life forgetting what it is they fight for. It is time for us to stand.

Staura
    Lvl 21 Clan Doctor

*steps up*

Passion for the cause of freedom? That's a little aphoristic of you, don't you think? Heheh, "cause of freedom."

I agree that this is needed and that many people could benefit from and enjoy what you've laid forth. However, I'm not entirely sure that there are a whole lot of people on RK2 who want this. Those of us who do have formed organizations: The Mercenaries of Hythloth, Free Souls, etc. Frankly, the neutrals seem to be some of the more interesting people to talk with. I didn't realize that this was a serious issue until I read your posts -- maybe Clanners and Omni-Tek employees are simply content to gather tokens like good little zealots and wageslaves. They're certainly among the more unimaginative, bland people I've ever met....

Anyway, what do you propose? You want to start something, well, what do you want to start? You can't get this ball rolling just by spouting off a few inspirational words and letting the pieces fall wherever. Organize something. Get people to show up. Organize something else, something bigger. Get more people. Rinse, repeat. It takes not only a concerted effort, but also constant pressure.

*steps off*
    Dierdrah -- President, Baker Street Conspiracy (RK2)

"No, I'm not some transgender roleplaying pervert. A distinction would be appropriate, thanks."

Very nice speech. Pat yourself on the back. I myself am one of those ppl with imagination. My guild is currently having its own story developed and its members are already enjoying them selves. One day i hope that when i ask for a meeting, ppl will give me more of a chance with my creativity then just ditch me like most guilds do. I would like to know why r2 is full of ppl that just dont care about roleplaying. I really hope things change around here.
    "God made dirt and dirt dont hurt." Oh, yea? "Well God made tigers too!"

So what is it YOU fight for? Evryone is a part of this war whther they believe it or not. Killing for the heck of it is the worst crime possibly able to be commited. I personally think the neutrals are too scared to step on either side of the fence so they sit on it.... getting in the way of the crossfire.

Please check out Project Revenant at www.projectrevenant.com

We have an Omni org (Division 3: Omni Reclamation) and a clan side (Vox Populi). We are also looking to add some neuts to the fold and are always looking for allies to our cause.

We develop our own stories and conflicts, have rping events, etc... I welcome all of you to register for our forums and get active there.

Please ignore the news section. The person who set it up for us has left the game. We are working on new forums and a website, but until them our current forums will work.

I look forward to meeting all of you planetside.
    Chang "Nortsrum" Brockmeyer,
    President/Commander-in-Chief,
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation] -- RK2

Originally posted by Staura
    So what is it YOU fight for? Evryone is a part of this war whther they believe it or not. Killing for the heck of it is the worst crime possibly able to be commited. I personally think the neutrals are too scared to step on either side of the fence so they sit on it.... getting in the way of the crossfire.
    *in character; take no offense*

I fight for the almighty credit, you stupid drone. Sophomoric ideals like "order" and "freedom" don't appeal to me -- in fact, they make me feel physically ill. And if we neut's are just straddling the fence, then why is it that we're the ones most prone to actually think and behave creatively? I'm most frequently in Borealis, and that town is being overrun by clanners. I swear up and down that they are some of the most humdrum morons I've ever met on Rubi-Ka. Remaining non-political isn't the same thing as fence-sitting, especially if you don't espouse political views. There's no fence, anyway. Take a look around. You'll see clanspeople teamed with OT employees, OT employees buying Clanners stuff from OT shops, and vice-versa. There -is- no conflict.

As far as killing for the heck of it...you realize that we can't kill except in self-defense, don't you? I don't know what kind of crossfire you're talking about, either. On more than one occasion, I've encountered people picking fights with opposing factions, then casually sold weapons and armor to -both- sides prior to the ensuing engagement.

Although you and I appear to be on the same side of this topic, and I do applaud your desire to get things going, I must recommend that you stop regurgitating tired generalizations that don't hold up under the most basic scrutiny.

"No, I'm not some transgender roleplaying pervert. A distinction would be appropriate, thanks."

*no offense taken.. good roleplay comes from conflict *

*Stands up from her chair looking directly at Nait*

Ah so you preferr to sit back like some spectator in ancient Earth times watching the gladiator fights after providing them the weapons to do so? Barbarian!

The almighty credit... BAH! Sounds to me like your just another corrupt OT but just in another form.

You say you dont care for freedom? If it weren't for the clans having the courage to stand up for that wich is right you wouldnt have the freedom to stand there and do your petty swindling.

Staura
    RK2 Clan Doctor

*sits, propping her legs up on the empty row in front of her*

The nature and meaning of freedom are wholly subject to debate. I can only speak for myself when I say that my idea of freedom isn't taking active part in a war that will never end and certainly can't be won. If you want to kill each other by my hometown, and turn my favorite patches of wilderness into so many warzones, I might as well get something out of it. Aside from that, I have no substantial rebuttal -- I am as you have painted me, more or less.

*smirk*

Talking

*Out of char* It is about time people that play on rk2 feel the itch to do something other than roam the country side and slaughter what they feel they can kill or crowd around the devil's device it's self the mission terminal. If we want any story line at all in the near future it loos as if we are going to have to make it ourselves, which I have no bad feelings in this. I know that there are people out there that can make this work, hell, if we all pull together, this can't fail.

*In char* A medium build Opifex male enters the room. - Damn, there is one hell of a cat fight going on in here. *looks over at nait* I gotta admit though you got one strong point in the "All mighty credit" statement you made, in this land if you dont got the credits then you dont get the goods, least not from me you dont, unless, you make a reasonable proposale of a let's say, future favor, you would be willing to do for yours truely. You two speak of war, the only war I see is the fight to keep good merchandise at a good price. I mean sure, I have killed just as many OT as the rest of you, but that was while under contract to get my customers what ever it was that they wanted. As for this whole "Sides of the fence" crap you speak of, show me where it exists. My fellow clanners would just assume kill there brother for a faster weapon or stronger armor. I enjoy the company of the fair neutrals as apposed to the OT biggots or the blood thirsty clan members. At least the neuts think about more than power. Me sure I keep the best equipment that I can handle just incase I run into a not so satisfied customer, or just your local bloke that had a bad day at work. On one last quote Tahrus you want to inspire people to do something, let me know, can't say I have been on Rubi-Ka as long as most of you probably have but your good friend Drethnor can around and make thing happen...for the right price.

Fredrick "Drethnor" Shone
    LVL 19 Fixer Clan

*sighs dramtically*

I am not going to sit here and continue to argue with people who cannot possibly understand. I am obviously wasting my breath.

*takes a seat and listens to the others talk*

Staura
    RK2 Clan Doctor

Red face

*n char*

A tall slender soldier stands and look displeased by what has been said

"Sensless killing? War can't be won? Freedom is a dream? What are you talking about. How can you only care about the mighty C? Yes I am a soldier and I am proud of it and after what I seen Omni do to my family in the mines and what there guards did to my mother so many years ago.......[hmmmhmm], my sister and I barley escaped with our lives" the soldier glares down at the ground for a min " and then to see Omni ops senslessy beat her to death at lush fields before we could make it to saftey. Yes I am a soldier for the clans for that reason, for freedom from the Omni scum that ONLY care about the ALMIGHTY C! No your no better not at all."
    And yes sir we need to get RK2 together and organized. Your plans sound great and promising. Also we should get the VoF running on RK2 and spread the word of the clans joining arms and getting life together on RK2 so we all can enjoy this world the way it should be. That is all I have to say"

The tall angered soldier sits back down and grunts "who cares about the f****** C"

I disagree, actually. I don't find killing people to be particularly enjoyable, but 'bots aren't as messy when you shoot 'em in the throat. Mixing it up with those guys is a lot more fun, and it won't stain my coat. Leastways, I don't want power. I just want money, easy money. You live to kill Omni employees. That's fine. So long as you're not after my hide.

LMAO@me did'nt realize I had that typo in there..to much beer in the keyboard...lol....<shrugs>
    bla

Out of character:
    Question #1: Is there a place I can get a brief history of Rubi-Ka and what's happened in the story up to now? So that people could get to know a little more of what's been happening and why without having to trudge through a hundred pages worth of story(and a novel.) I think more people (including myself) would put a little more into roleplaying if they had more information, so that they have something to form their own stories around that everyone knows about.

Question #2: Did this post make any sense? I've been awake too long.

This link gives some basic info on what went on/has been going on. http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...imeline/rubika

Hope I helped.
    Kamelot lvl 89 Agent

Irvin Miollnir Lene lvl 20 Enforcer

((ooc - I RP And Im Proud!!!

Neutral Agent 16!!!! (yes, still young)

Newland City, often out in front of Neutr's R Us!!!

Available for Stories (as player, or npc, or set decoration), Chatting , Drinking, Dancing, Teaming Missions... etc...

Look Me Up!!!

/ooc))
    .................................................. ......
    -Talanthus

Phoenix Rising

A chosen few will not continue to speak for everyone. Opinions only matter when brought to bear in numbers. Regardless of experience. Regardless of rank. Everyone will matter.
    "My dear boy we are actors. Actors are the opposite of people."

-----First Player, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast