Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WARNING!!! DO NOT PvP W/.....

Originally posted by Sheldon
    IT'S A BUG NOT AN EXPLOIT

The person isn't causing it to happen
    A bug is a glitch in the game's code.

An exploit is a person using that bug knowingly to gain an advantage which they shouldn't have over another person.

Thus the person is causing the exploit
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

OK well if someone is using this bug to solo cyborgs that most definitely is an exploit.
    RETIRED

runawayjim: point taken with nubs incident, i see what happened now.

now for nijea, i'm not nijea's best bro or whatever... and i see that he does kill people a LOT on PVP. in fact he is very very good at it; surprising. now that you mention this i'll have to look into it. But try not to think "oh, LC is the exploiter guild" thats why i was so adamant in standing up for nubs before.

Dunno about the rest of the omnis mentioned in this thread since i never really dealt wit them too much, but Orba climbed the ropes and paid his dues, no matter how u/I feel about his play style, u gotta give him that. I had a decent amount of dealings wit him in the past, including fair duels wit him. Those times, i never suspected him of cheating and still believe he didn't cheat. Now, having said that, this 0hp bug has been around for a while, and its really no big secret that its around. If Orba knew about this bug, he should've pulled back when Try stopped, plain and simple. I have no problem wit the ganking, ppl running towards guards, hell i don't even mind the team 75/25% zone exploit(don't tell me its not one) too much, but this kinda bug gives sumone 0 chance of beating u, which makes it pretty damn lame.

Scenario

I am also a member of Lost Chapter, and a friend of Nubs, Eedaba, and Nijea. I have two simple things to say. First, I want to reinforce that the 0/hp issue is a bug, not anything that can be caused at will. Second, I was not there to witness Nijea's jihad against borgs, but let me propose a situation. You are traveling around, alone (some of us still hunt and explore), and you get agroed by a Cyborg. You decide to try to fight back, so you get in closer (he is an MA). More cyborgs agro you that you didn't see. You immediately get smeared, but don't die. You can't stop attacking with the adds (unless you have the option turned off not to auto attack), you can't get in your yalm (because you are in a fight), and you can't outrun them. WTF would you do? I know I'd kill them then get the hell away from agro and relog. Could this not have been what you witnessed?

Sarelron

lol

Call it what you will. Spin it how you like. The word I use and like is 'exploit.'

Hmm, this might be some bug actually as well, and or an exploit.

It happend to me at a big fight few days ago in 2HO. Came out of wompa with some fellow omnis, and we got pushed back, and with 40-50 ppl there we was lagged awesome, I was at least. so I try zone back in the lag,running into the wompa for like 2 minutes, it wont zone, while 20-30 clanners are pumping me for a zillion dmg....Oh well, reclaim here I come, but miraculousy I emerge on the other side with 200 hp, even I had killed by weapon dmg numerous times...So it seems at least if lagged badly, strange things happens....

I tried fightign more in the spirit of jolly battle, and a bit later on the same thing happend to me, this time I emerged on the other side, friends couldnt heal me, then I suddendly died, so I ws prolly killed thistime before I could try to zone back...
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Well this is obviously a bad bug, but orbakay knows about it and exploits it. He has used it to solo tarasque

hehe

I know both Orb and Uberfix, and I'm often there when they PvP.
    First things first...
    Uberfix. The problem with not hitting him
    Try MK4 and maxed evades and agrobar not on 100%.
    I don't have to explaind the details, but he is next to imposible to hit regularly if you don't have insane attackrating.
    Orbakay. Mk X and bracers takes him to 100% reflect for the duration of the buff.

Don't know anything about the hp-bar, so can't answere there. But I doubt it they cheat on purpose.
    Grontha Enf lvl 214 R2 -Inner Circle Kingpin(/born Jul 29, 2001)

Hum, its a bug that doesn't just effect PvP. i don't PvP being a nanogimp NT, i wouldn't even be a speed bump for most of you folks. ("What was that?", "oh just a nanogimp Nt. don't worrie about it nothing important"

But i have seen sevral times out hunting where Lag has caused some strange issues..

One time at NW mines, a Lifebleeder came up and deside it didn't like me. and expressed its feelings apon my fragil person. 5 hits and i got zero HP.

But i don't go down! No, i'm still casting nukes, pounding my First aid kit. and praying, because i was only like 4k from lvl 50 somehting.

Well the LB goes down. but im' still standing. got zero HP, and i should be dead. But i'm not. i sit down use a treatment kit.

nothing. Use First aid kit. Nothing. had Doc try and heal me. nothing. used 5 treatment kits, lord knoes hoe many FA kits i use and my team used on me.. finaly i said to heck with it, and reloged. Came back in I had just shy of half health.

was that an exploit? i couldn't control it, can't make it happen on demand.

Seen it with mobs too. - Team fights Mob - mob dies, but stays standing for a few secodns to a min, and we can still attack it, and it's stll attacking. Finaly i falls and so does one of our team. Even seen the mob fall, then stand back up, only to fall a few seconds later 20 feet from where it was the first time.

Lag kills. i'm think that for some reason your system, the server and who ever else is involved, are getting out of synke, lossing packets or something.

And that causeing this.

jazger
    "Hum, guys, hate to bug you, but hum, i think i'm dead."

Its a bug, tried to walk away, but while getting rooted contineously.. what can you do. Tried to explain it to the people
    there.. but abviously didnt help much.

..Koma, pfft.. hehhhe

Oh yeah, I'm there all the time soloing.. duh..Cant be something
    else but irony in that .. post

Its a bug, tried to walk away, but while getting rooted contineously.. what can you do. Tried to explain it to the people
    there.. but abviously didnt help much.

Well i was there , watched the hole thing...
    but i dont seem to remember you trying to back off......
    i do remember when Trystar backed off you ran him down " With a totaly Black hp bar"
    Well you know the rest he Grided...

the funny things after the hole thing went down . you and Uber laughed about your new found PvP bug..
    and i do remember uber even saying " if you guys wanna gang bang him , let him exploit "..
    It was a one on one fair fight no one was Gang banging..
    Anyway like i told you that night live with your new title Orb

Synliquad lvl 166 soldier
    Speeddlr lvl 144 trader

The 0 HP bug is a bug untill someone uses it as an unfair advantage. If someone runs around Cyborgs and beats the sh!t out of them at lvl 90 then I sorta call it an exploit, but not if they are trying to get away or just get the cyborgs to stop attacking them so they can fly away.

This bug is being used to exploit and people will find ways to increase its chance of occouring soon. I have watched MPs take about 100k damage in half an hour, and that damage was being done by several lvl 125+ people at once (and me after the bug appeared). Then the person turned around and killed me, the lvl 75ish crat, who waited in the 75% area of MMD for five minutes to find a good fight then noticing he couldn't leave his yalm.
    I have a gew screenshots that I can email, I didn't tale a ton because I have 250ish already but they are enough to prove the guy killed me in 75% and he took a lot of damage while 'dead'.

My guess is that this is either server lag or something like what kept people from respawning after they hit the ground and 'died' (at least on the testserver).
    Last edited by Maxtor 1-7; Jul 11th, 2002 at 05:14:34.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12