Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Community answers - part 3

Re: Update

Originally posted by Cz
    Greystar, suggestion noted, and will be handed to the designers, but I seriously doubt it. We have IP reallocation for that, and if we want a new full IP reset I'm pretty sure we're gonna do it as a limited time offer.
    I never got why it is not limited when you can do it only once for each character in its lifetime, that sounds to me like it's very limited already
    Additionally if it only works level 100+ it can't be used to twink some 2 day old char.

But more importantly, did you read my looting proposal ? The worst thing in AO at the moment is the problem that you always suspect everyone of stealing loot, a loot message would fix these nagging doubts about other players forever.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Kajpin, read my reply on your post about being frustrated. I have the issue on my list, as said to Bionitrous here. Don't have more than that for now though.

Greystar, I have added looting messages as a suggestion for the designers.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cz
    [B]Kajpin, read my reply on your post about being frustrated. I have the issue on my list, as said to Bionitrous here. Don't have more than that for now though.

TY

I shall anxiously await a response.....

K

I don't know if this is on anyone's list, but:

I'd like to know whether player actions are ever going to "again" be able to shape the world and the outcome of the story, etc..

Yes, Gaute released some general comments indicating that "the story" and such will be "turned up" with the expansion, but I do not believe we have a hard, straightforward and direct statement about what direction the _mechanics_ of the story are going to be taking. ie: _how_ is "The Story" going to proceed beyond this point?

Ragnar talks about the eventual addition of better NPC conversations and things related thereto, but again, there exists no hard and fast outright explanation of how the in-game story will proceed and whether the players will merely be spectators, as at a movie, or participants.

I think this is one of the things that AO "owes" the players at this point.

Also, something Funcom seems to have failed to notice: a lot of players generally _do not buy_ Expansion Packs. That's why they are "Expansion Packs", rather than, you know, the game itself.

Funcom _appears_ to be expecting every single player to purchase the Expansion Pack. I'll assume that Funcom needs this to happen to meet various business goals.

Funcom needs to address what is in store for players who choose not to purchase Shadowlands. You will note that "they" are already having their game changed in fundamental ways for an expansion they may never buy, and are getting "hurt" by changes to their "un-expanded" game because of things that will be available in an expansion that, again, they may never buy.

This looks like yet another area where FC is making assumptions based on what FC needs, rather than on what the actual human customers are likely to do. This has caused rather nasty problems for FC so far.

Official statements regarding these two issues would be professional and welcome.
    ...you live, you learn
    ...you die, you learn faster

woOOhoooOO

CZ , thank you very much for an incredibly informative post!

Can we expect more of this?.. as in is this to be part of normal procedure?

I know I have been VERY critical in the past, but let it be known that I will ALWAYS be among the first to spew forth accolades when just is due.

Thanks again

Re: Update

Originally posted by Cz
    JaydeStargunner, post was big enough. Maybe too big? If people start posting me to other threads and posts of a certain size, my time will be spent mostly on reading, which is what we have Cosmik for.

Neutral issues - sided NPCs, punching bag guards, "where are neutrals going in the future?" - noted.
    Well, tell Cos I'll give him some free Ice Cream if he looks at the post.

-Jayde

Thumbs down How sad.

Hello Cz,

I know this ain't the right place to post about professions specific issues, but now... well let's say I'm a bit depressed after reading the answers to the soldiers report .

Don't know why this is happening, but while other profs almost always get specific answers to their concerns, we end up with some "we're looking into it" or "who knows what the future might hold"... Nothing concrete at the end of the road, except for the new skill buffs.
    Why are we still no more than a friggin target once TMS is launched and we're rooted ? Why is every damn peep around is using assault rifles, and able to dish out nearly the same damage as I do with those weapons ? Why is that only 5% of the soldiers develop BioMet & MatMet Line ? Why do I read this on the PvP forums :
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Hothead
    fixers good against soldiers maybe even enfs i dont know yet
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL every class is good against soldiers
    ?

Why are the Developers not aware that you have a 0% crit chance on each of the three Burst shots, and why do they pretend the contrary (do you read the soldiers forums from time to time ?) ? Why am I not able to kill a healing prof, since the heals are not capped at 40%, just like the damage I can dish out ? Why should I launch TMS, as I could have a constant 72% reflect, just like everyone around ?

Lots of whys.. and nothing poppin up. Maybe the Devs dont like soldiers ? I don't know, but each time we raise some serious concerns, we get kind of humiliating answers... well, at least that's how I feel it.

Yes, that's been a lot of disappointment, you are hurting the soldiers feelings guys .

Regards,
    - Scarlito -

Concerning the storyline and RK2.

I have a suggestion, but it might be untenable. Make RK1 the sole environment for the story, BUT FIRST, ensure that players can move characters between RK1 and RK2 for free.

The reason this might be untenable is the need for unique names. Before this could be done, the names from server to server would have to be syncronized, with the younger character told he needs to select a new name.

What I'm really suggesting is to have RK2 as an annex of RK1. If you want low lag, you move to RK2 for awhile. If you want to see the storyline in first person, or even participate, flip back over to RK1.

Although the map is ridiculously small, (I can run across a zone in about half an hour, I'd guess, minimally buffed, no vehicle,) I suspect that this small area is supposed to represent a much larger environment. Walking across town is something to do to check the prices. Where I live, you'd have to consider driving, (most don't consider walking further than their car...usually parked as close to the building as possible, despite the weather. Some people can be rather limited, they look like MOBS.)

Thus Tir, for an example, would probably be a couple miles from wall to wall, at least. In a real situation, it'd be quite possible for someone on the wrong end of town to not even really be aware something serious was happening outside the gates until the morning paper was delivered.

My point is, if both Tir's were one Tir, for storyline purposes, both Omni1's one Omni1, then people could choose the server of the day and whether or not to play "story" or "low-lag", based on the moment.

I'd let them pick the character, then the server, instead of picking the server and then choosing the character available there.

Why is this Collins IX Bio-Energy Rifle Melee init based? I sure hope this is included in the weapon patch.
    "You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize."

If you're going to enforce team missions for whatever reason you deem "fitting", at least fix them. I'm still getting stuck in fight mode when I go down the lift to heal.
    Sgt. Majikian - RK1 136 Meta-Physicist
    Officer of Omni-Pol

[Setup][Buy Me!]

Agreed.

Being the Doc who needs to recharge nano, if my whole team comes down from the boss room to recharge and I last had aggro, I keep it and I can't recharge until someone else on my team runs up to the boss room and grabs aggro from everything, giving me time to recharge while he gets beat on, praying I can come up to heal him.

This affects everyone. Please fix it.

--Tsk

Since there's no actual zoning when going up and down, you're suppose to hold aggro. I'd think. So asking for something that's not broken to be 'fixed'....well, good luck.

Arrow

Yes, the trick is to not all go up at once after the initial rush... if you only have some of the team up at once, people can heal up just fine. Another trick, if you have a healer, is for the healer to not go up at all, but just heal those that come back down. It actually requires a bit of strategy...

Re: Community answers - part 3

Originally posted by Cz
    Self only skill buffs (Pistol buffs)
    Previous answer (in part 2) stands. The issue with the Pistol buffs is an exception. If you have other similar buff examples where a buff usable on everybody is better than a self only buff (and the two don't stack), let us know.

The Adventurer and Engineer buffs are not scheduled for any changes, so while the Engineer can buff better, the Adventurer does not need to have the Engineer around at all times.

So you say this, and then say that you made the self-only skill buffs for Adventurers because you want them to excel at their chosen weapon type over other professions.

You can't have it both ways. The Ballad and Wind nano lines need to be retooled a bit...

PLEASE STOP saying that x/y/z will be added/expanded upon in the expansion. I'm getting really tired of that line now.

I pay(ed) for this game, and want this game fixed before I buy another, I dont expect to have to pay for a patch (your just 'doing a Microsoft' here) so dont use balancing/bug fixing as an excuse to push your expansion on me. Shadowlands should sell on its content and features and those alone, it SHOULD NOT sell because you cant actually play the 'original' game 'properly' without it!

Penalising players for not buying the expansion pack (can you say level restricted nanos?) is the single biggest and easiest way to cheese your customers off.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Lightbulb Quick Monday morning update

Laisak, Collins IX Bio-Energy Rifle is on the fix list in the bug report.

Freshman Majikian, if you have a MOB on you, you're still his target. Get somebody else to get the aggro off you.

Well

-> still in fight mode, when changing levels in team missions.

These MOBs must have really good memories, because, even after all of the (former) team left the mission area, one of us was still in fight mode and we couldn't build a team again (I had died and came back). Only relog solved the problem.

I assume a bug here.

Though this is not of this thread's topic - I got even killed by my team mates pet (MP) after it attacked my pet (Engi bot). There is potential for some improvement in team missions.

And no, I am not going to report this - I am tired of all the bugs (atm) and don't want to invest any further energy into feedback that is most probabely not even looked at.

After Gaute's article about Shadowlands, I doubt, that I will be around at the end of the year. Great aims need visions - I even admire people with great visions - but the life isn't all black and white - even the most heroic idealists have to admit that. If neutrality dies - I die with her.

Nice example for the strong pronounciation of the 'two sided conflict'.
    I was hunting for robot parts (Alvin - boring like a dark pit) outside Rome - OT main territory. No 10 seconds out of the city gates - a bunch of clanners were hunting the same spot. In the end we all shared our surplus parts with each other - we even had some nice chatting. He, how does this fit in FC's concept?

'Nasty kids - you are not allowed to play together - even if you enjoy it.'

So long,

Max(imilian)

P.S. Nevertheless I am very proud about my first pads.
    100% curious

Exclamation New thread up

Maximilian, will look for reports on those bugs, or report them if I can't find any.

Closing this thread. We have a new one here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234