Thread: Once upon a time in penumbra

Once upon a time in penumbra

Raavek X. rolled over and vomitted. Shadowlands has known to be cruel, but occasionally, it seems the gods themselves have personally placed these monstrocities upon the face of the lands as a personal grudge against humanoid kind. This particular minion was no different.

Raavek picked herself up from the cold slab of the spirit collecter in the garden of Adonis.
    "That thing is killer," she thought painfully "damn, nearly ripped my arm outta socket with the first swipe of its claws." Raavek whiped her mouth off with a nearby Nano Technician and tipped him 2 creds.
    "Have a wash on me " She stated.

She could still hear the agonizing screams of pain comming over her comm ports. She chuckled to herself and got onto the mass comm port for her organization. "No pain, no gain, my friends!" she shouted over the screams of her dying comrades. They'd give her hell in the same situation, shes just returning the favor preemptively.

She glanced over her shoulder to witness her friend Dieradiodie stumbling out of the body recompiler. She casually walked over to him as he fainted and lay flat upon the ground, she slapped him in the face. The glaze over his eyes seemed to receed and he recognized her.

"So dier, what do ya say we try to kick that things ass again someday?" Raavek smiled. Dieradiodie vomitted. The NT ran away.
    "Violence is never the answer, but it might be the solution." --me
    "I would fight and die for my country, but not for my government." --me

Former General Of The league of Fabulous Ninjas on RK2
    NINJA POWER!!

Present member of NATO Corps, The Darkside

'I'm loosing it! I'm running out of time!' the echos in Raavek's head were deafning. Instantly dropping down at the sight of the so called 'redeemed' and popping a new clip into her Explorer pistol she dubbed 'the gat', Raavek muttered a curse when the clip slipped from her hands an clattered to the ground. Steps drew near.

Her hands were shaking as she tried in vain to slide a new clip into her pistol. The pain was unbearable. Whatever toxins the minion of the 'light' put on his blade ripped across Raavek's face like a searing iron. Blood oozing from the gash previously obtained by her face, Raavek tried desperately to retreat and load her pistol to oppress the oncoming slaughter.

"You are not welcome. You are not one of us. You are not the redeemed." The blue liquid-like monster hissed, swooping down again with its massive blade, catching Raavek in the back. It bit deep. The clip fell yet again from her hand. the blow was powerful, it knocked Raavek to the ground. As she was crawling away, she heard the bloodthirsty cackle of the supposed redeemed.

Raavek moaned and propped herself up against the cold white stone of the city walls. She knew this was the 'end' oh her existance for now, whatever that meant to her. Yes, there is a downside, oh, the whole "extremely painful death" but Raavek was so numb to pain at this point she didn't care. She reached into her pocket once more. She was determinded if she was going to die, she was going to take half of her killers face as a consolation prize. If only she could reload her pistol. The minion laughed at her and swiped the clip playfully away. Like a game of cat and mouse, only this mouse has a broken back, and the cat is like satan himself, thought Raavek.

The demon breathed heavily on Raavek's face. Raavek stared into its eyes unweilding. She suddenly laughed heartly, enraging the demon, and the blade ended the life of the adventurer.

[I Hate the Reload bug btw, plz fix]

NINJA POWER!!

((Im really enjoying this))
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

The reunion of an unsure friendship.

Raavek had been in a coma for a couple of months do to a nasty spout with a heckler. She had awoken back on Rubi-Ka, to her demise, realizing that her old org had drug her to sleep underneigh Tara (aka the dragon).
    Raavek woke and rubbed the crud from her eyes. How long had she been out? She checked her rolex 2000 and noted the date. Wow, its been a while.

Needless to say Raavek made it out safely. Since then, Raavek joined a new org, made friends, made enemies, got the speed racer helm and has killed aliens.

Raavek was chilling at the Jobe Platform, mass spamming over her organizations comm port for people who wanted to get Tier 2. Suddenly, out of the blue, someone tapped her on the shoulder. Raavek turned around and quickly noted the rotting goat skull placed atop his head, rifle, and the pads of her sworn enemy. Raavek quickly grabbed her pistol and aimed it dead center to his forehead. The man laughed.

"Laugh now pud, I ain't playin!" said Raavek as gangsta as she could. Which was very gangsta, cause she was a thug from the streets.

As soon as she spoke, she realized that it was her long lost friend KMFDMDogma. She laughed and shot him in the arm regardless, because thats how she rolls. He laughed and shot her back.

After an hour or so, they were both riddled with bullet holes, and bleeding everywhere. Raavek found that NT she used once before. Before she said anything, he tossed his cloak at her and ran. Raavek chuckled.

Read here for part 2 of the history of Raavek, KMFDMdogma and The league of the Fabulous Ninjas.

NINJA POWER!!

Raavek stood at the brink of Shadowlands. She was bleeding pretty bad from a nasty fight from a chimera, but she was victorious. It was a long way down to Rubi-ka.

Raavek reflected on her past. She has made many friends, as well as many enemies in this world. She knew this.
    "oh well..." she muttered, and did a swan dive as gracefully as a ninja would, off of the cliffs of penumbra.

She journeyed to Rome Blue Basic, where she was to meet up with her friend Drunkninja. Standing around, she noticed a lot of her fellow ninja brethren. This was not unusual, for Rome Blue Basic was where the ninjas chilled.

Drunkninja was standing around, not doing much of anything. There was a nervous tension in the air. Over Raavek's mass comm port, she could hear the pleas of her ninja brethren, asking drunkninja to reconsider. She just laughed to herself. This was the day, and dammit, she wanted it to be a blast.

"Look, I'm tired of running this." Stated Drunkninja.
    "Pass the lead onto someone else then!" the ninjas cried.
    "Why? all thats gonna happen is the org is going to deteriorate into crap. I want the ninjas to be known as vile and ruthless, not an org who had power and died off into nothingness." Drunkninja stated firmly.
    Raavek smiled to herself. The org was at its peak, and like the ninjas would do, which is something noone would expect, they were disbanding. This should be interesting.

Drunkninja opened his console and typed /org disband.
    Rubi Ka shook.

The earthquake was massive. The destruction of the ninja tower sites send vibrations across the ground, deafning everything around it. It also seemed to disrupt the entire power grid on Rubi-ka. Everything went offline.

After what seemed like 3 minutes, Raavek regained conscience and laughed heartliy.

[When we disbanded our org on RK-2, we crashed Rimor for about 5 seconds. hah!]

NINJA POWER!!

((good read. hope there's more. ))
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

(If you haven't noticed by now, these are all stories about general adventurers I've had in Anarchy Online. None of these are meant to follow in order, nor should you read them in like they are meant to be in order.)

[This is my favorite adventure I have ever had in Anarchy Online.]

Raavek minimized the map she had floating in her view. She was geared up and ready to go. She looked at her friend Grydlocke, and he looked back with a look of determination upon his face. They geared up, got their Scheol Rings, and prepaired for the Journey that layed ahead.

Adonis, here they came.

They materialized at the north exit in Elysium. The air was clear and crisp, the smell of the ethereal sea washing upon the shores of the sand threw a crisp smell of Notum unto the air. Raavek summoned the powers of her nanomachines and logged into Grydlocks internal network. With a large crack of energy and a slight smell of burnt hair, grydlocke stretched his newly grown wings and took flight. Raavek Logged into her internal network, and soon the two were flapping towards Ergo, the master of Shadowlands.

Raavek and grydlocke passed by Ergo and gave him a warm smile, for a robot, the little creation had quite a unique personality. They flapped on and reached the portal. Reaching into their packs, they each withdrew their rings and placed them upon the circular device at the base of the portal. It made a slight hissing sound and the portal opened. They flapped through.

The atmosphere changed dramatically. The air was moist and heavy, filled with the scent of Decay. Raavek wasn't sure of the exact meaning on the word Scheol, but she did think she remember reading it was a place of lost, darkness and desolance according to an old religion long lost in the ages. She could tell how this place had recieved that name.

Raavek and Grydlocke flew saftly to the ground of Scheol from the massive cliffs that harvested the portal. Raavek turned and looked towards Grydlocke and motioned him to follow her. They began travesing accross the plain and barren lands of Scheol. The ground was was a mixture of green and brown, muddy patches of tangled weeds were strewn about. Grazing on the razed lands were unusual creatures named Biets, long legged creatures with powerful, muscular front legs. Raavek was glad these creatures were peaceful and docile. But in a moment, she would find all in Scheol was not this calm. They flew further and came across a herd of large overgrown spiders, whom have apparently been altered from the overabundance of Notum in the waters. And to Raavek and Grydlockes dismay, these spiders were a little more then hunger.

After a couple quick bouts with the spiders, Raavek and Grydlocke passed a lake pitted with rock formations. Along these rocks were more spiders, overgrown and hairy, venomous fangs dripping with the thirst for blood. They circled a wide girth around these spiders and continued on to find their fortune...

to be continued...

NINJA POWER!!

continuation of The adventure to Adonis...

Raavek and Grydlocke flew past the pool and continued north. They flew past up upon a rocky ledge and followed a ravine down into the rocky structures of northern Scheol. The atmosphere was changing more and more before their eyes, grass was being replaced with mud, which then turned into rock. Exotic fungi glowing with the power of notum crept through the cracks, and ravinous chimeras and Haithlaans prowled the rocks, in search of weary travelers to feast upon. Raavek was used to this, she hadn't live this long without learning the tricks and the trades of her profession. Becoming one with the wild was a part of her, much like the breath the breathed and the blood that pumped through her veins.

Grydlocke on the other hand was lost. As a city fixer, one who was at peace with himself inside the beating heart of the inner city, running errands for 'employees' whom bid the highest offers. He was good at what he did in his environment, and this, needless to say was not his environment.

Grydlocke followed close behind Raavek, tailing her as to not get lost in this new, spiritual world. Soon they came across a large, pulsating overhang hanging over a bridge. This intrigued Raavek, and she made a mental note to examine it at a later date. As for now, they continued on down the path less traveled.

They soon came upon a cliff with a strong updraft. Raavek motioned for Grydlocke to follow close behind. She backed up away from the ledge as close to the backdrop as she could, and flew forward as fast as she could, lauching herself over the ledge of the cliff. Grydlocke flew with all of his might, and they both were caught up in the updraft. They sored into the air with the pressure of the updraft and glided to the rocky bottom below.

This is where all hell began.

Immediatly as soon as they hit the rocky bottom, a pack of Haithlaans picked up their scent and started hunting them. Raavek and Grydlocke flew through their clutches, ripping their wings in a bloody mess of feathers and sinew. Raavek flew into the clutches of what seemed like the main Haithlaan. As the beast gripped Raavek, she could not acces her control panel to release her nano program. All of the sudden, shots blasted through the air as 3 rounds of hot burning lead ripped through the Haithlaan. The beast through Raavek against the rocky outcliff, jarring her. The beast ascended towards Grydlocke, who was pumping round and round into the monster, seeming to not phase it at all. Raavek regained her senses and released her nano program just to see the creature swipe at Grydlockes head. But the fixer was too nimble for the beast, an evaded his attacks. Raavek, drew her pistols and took aim at the beast. She send 2 slugs into the monsters back, drawing forth a stream of blueish-blackish liquid. The beast let out a roar and slammed Grydlocke off to the side, crumpling the poor man into a heap. It charged at Raavek with bloodlust in its eyes.

Raavek called upon the forces of another program stored within her Nano program unit and interfaced it with her own central NCU cerebrial cortex. The sound of muscles ripping, bones snapping were sickening as the shape of Raavek transformed into that of a 12 foot long, snarling, deadly looking sabretooth. Raavek clawed at the beast with power and might, knocking the monster into the rocky outcrop. The creature was not all at a loss, as it had grabbed a hold of Raaveks throat and tore a gash through her neck. Raavek snarled, tasting the blood in the back of her throat. The creature circled Raavek, while she did the same, each finding a mutual respect for one and another. the creature snarled, licking the blackish ooze dripping from its misshappen head.

The creature lunged once more and caught Raavek in the side. The force knocked the wind out of Raavek, sending her snarling to the ground in a pile of fur. the creature loomed over Raavek, assured of its kill when shots rang out like thunderclaps. Silence echoed though the caverns afterwords.

Grydlocke walked up to Raavek as she canceled the nano program. Raavek and Grydlocke were a bloody mess, each barely recognizing eachother let alone themselves. Raavek's last sum of energy she had was calling upon the powers of her healing to send herself and Grydlocke into a peaceful numb.

to be continued...

NINJA POWER!!

part 3 of the adventure to adonis...

Raavek and Grydlocke rose from their rest. The smell of the rotten corpse was sickening. Raavek couldn't sleep, she was racked with a fervorous cold as she fealt the venom of the monster slowly fill her head. The gash on her neck was healed, but the venom remained. She vomitted a pasty mixture of blood and a brownish black material, and slumped to the ground. Grydlocke grabbed a piece of fungi growing out of the rocky outcrop and drainded the water within it upon Raavek's head, the water was cool to the touch and the notums properties restored some color to her face. Within 5 minutes, they were traveling again, in the flight of a bird, heading to the exit of Scheol.

The next 5 minutes were the most horrible moments in their life. Flying past all sorts of horrors, Clift Dwellers of massive size, more Haithlaans, unforgiving spirit minions, Raavek and Grydlock managed to shake the monsters from their backs as they limped, cut and bleeding, up the stairs to see a famaliar face, the one of Erog. After a brief conversation, and the aquisition on new gear, including a new ring, Raavek and Grydlocke stumbled through the portal to smell the damp smell of the Adonis world. As they entered the world, they crumpled to the ground and rested.

[I had a lot of fun traveling to Adonis for the first time, primarily because I had never been through scheol and me and grydlocke were homies traveling through a hostile territory, fighting to find our way and survive. Was really fun]

NINJA POWER!!

Old ninja stories from back in the day. (about 1 year ago)

Raavek polymorphed herself into a two-headed beast and starting running through the temple of the three winds. The cultists gave her a sharp look and attempted to spear/club/hurt her in any way possible, all in vain. She was too quick for them, and she knew it. She ran through the long halls, bypassing cultists in the troves. She came to the 3-way split and decided to take the right route.

It was time to pay her old friend the Guardian of Time a visit.

She ran into the room where the Guardian of Time materalizes and noticed a group of people standing and waiting for the moment when the Guardian of Time would populate the huge room with its presence.

Among this group of people was an Atrox named Knightzilla.

Needless to say, Raavek join up with this team of Atroxes and took down the Guardian multiple times.

Knightzilla and her became friends soon afterwords.

[sorry its short, im at work, and this was a LONG time ago, I probably messed up some details, but I do have a screenie of this that I will post]

NINJA POWER!!

Talking

So one day after sitting around in Borealis for about a half an hour drinking pulumbo-xxx beer and talking crap to organzational aquaintances my long time friend Raavekx politely asked for some backup with getting her first peice of Tier-2 armor completed.

My communcation transponder hissed and i heard Raavekx's lovely feminine voice speaking at the other end.

"plx need backup getting joker glif, im noob and i don't know where to git it. kthx"

The sound of Raavekx's voice over the transponder brought a smile to my face. It had been quite some time since i had heard her, much less a request for backup in a time of need. I gladly responded with :

"hey raav honey meet me in adonis garden"

My grisley atrox voice rattled the microphone and im sure that raavekx was please to hear that someone cared for her.

So several whompah jumps later im sitting in the unredeemed garden of adonis patiently waiting on raavekx to teleport in. Sure enough, raavekx's sexy opifex female body appeared in front of me. We equipped our underwater breathing gear and took the adonis abyss garden exit.

Once Raavekx executed a morphing nano-program and transformed us into the form of a small birds we were able to proceed towards our destination with great haste. I lead raavkx south towards an under water cave which contained the legendary beast known as Eradicus.

Once inside the cave the bird form morph programs were immdiately terminated as they were no longer useful because the prohibited us from other actions. Raavekx instinctively executed a dog morph nano with gave us great speed and increase attack abilities. I also prepared my robot comrades with the best nano program enhancements i could offer. I knew that once we made it through the dungeon we had quite a fight ahead of us.

With great speed raavekx followed me through the dungeon-like cave running past the indiginous life forms that were hell bend on ending our lives. Insane unredeemed mobs and spirits tempted to stop us and inflict bodily harm. Level after level we carefully evaded the evil that dwelled within the cave until we finally came to the arena in which Eradicus was kept in his eternal prison.

"Ok raav this is the big test, we can't fail after we have came this far."

We executed any nano programs that we might have forgotten and prepared ourselves for the final fight. Eradicus was awaiting a new challenger on the second level of the arena. We approached cautionsly up the stairs and i looked assuringly over at raavekx before i activated my robot's combat mode.

My slayerdroid charged forward and engauged Eradicus in full force, with my robotic pet dog beside him. Eradicus's ancient fists smashed into my slayer's hull and it tore at his flesh with its crystalized claws in return. I looked over at Raavekx and she was looking down at her fully automatic Jobe Explorer pistol in horror, as she realized that she had left her ammo in the reclaim booth back in the garden of the unredeemed. I let out a sigh and began to cast bot repair nanoprograms on my slayerdroid one after another. I knew this was going to be a touch and go fight, a guardian class slayerdroid against Eradicus wasn't exactly a fair fight without and other backup.

"I r out of bullet! plx help!" raavekx exclaimed as she watched my slayerdroid go toe-to-toe with the ancient beast.

Luckily raavekx was able to assist me by casting heal nanos on me when Eradicus occasionally lashed out and struck against my notum tank armor. My flux pistols weren't much use to me when i was constantly casting bot repairs.

Luckily after a long fight Eradicus finally collapsed to the dungeon floor and raavekx was able to obtain her Jokers glyph, completing her amazing speed racer helmet.

"U r best blaz, i r lub joo" raavekx said warmingly after the battle.

Blazi smiled, "all in the day of a ninja my dear raavekx" he replied.
    Last edited by Blazinendo; Jan 28th, 2005 at 17:12:34.
    Omni Fixer "Towerman" level 161 - My GA4 blitz bish

Omni Engineer "Blazin0" level 200 - Trox engy's are a bad idea ok? - Current Setup

Former Member of The League of Fabulous Ninjas on RK2

And what really happened...

Raavekx had completed an ancient glyph to increase a nonexistance helm to the next level of acheivement. The only problem was such a helm she did not have. So she broadcasted over her comm port.
    "Which one of you people would like to bask in the glory that is Raavekx? I need assistance." Immediatly she recieved 20 private messages asking if they could be her humble servant. Raavekx just picked one out of the blue. Blazin0.

Blazin0: oh please let me bask in your glory.
    Raavekx: k

So Raavekx and Blazin0 traversed to the underwater realm in adonis in search for the cavern that held the key to their success. The terrain was difficult, and was rarely traversed, thus an overpopulation of monsters was enevitable. Raavekx and Blazin0 glided upon the wings of Raavekx falcon form (for she didn't have that weak parrot form, oh no) and acended into the depths of the cavern.

The air was putrid inside. It stank of rotten flesh and the essence of hatred.

Blazin0: oh glorious one, a thousand pardons, but may I please aquire a transformation from you?

Raavekx mutated both parties into a massive overgrown beast with sharp canines and a will to kill. They started sprinting. The beasts of the cavern, unaware that such a powerful force with an engineer sidekick were traversing through their lair started to fret and an uprising occured.

Finally, after reaching the last level of the lair, the 2 stumbled out of the the teleportation device. The monster uptop looked down and began to worry. Was this the legendary Raavekx, the slayer of everything, the princess of the universe?

****grumble grumble yeah i forgot ammo, so what****

After the beast was slain, from blazin0's little robot and the evil stare of Raavekx, she looted the joker's glyph.

Signing off, this is Raavekx, speaker of the TRUTH!
    Last edited by RaaveKx; Jan 29th, 2005 at 20:06:23.

NINJA POWER!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaaveKx
    Blazin0: oh please let me bask in your glory.

Blazin0: oh glorious one, a thousand pardons, but may I please aquire a transformation from you?

Signing off, this is Raavekx, speaker of the TRUTH!

ROFL OMG nice raav
    Omni Fixer "Towerman" level 161 - My GA4 blitz bish

Omni Engineer "Blazin0" level 200 - Trox engy's are a bad idea ok? - Current Setup

Former Member of The League of Fabulous Ninjas on RK2