Thread: OOC: Storyline Updates

OOC: Storyline Updates

From todays community update, but I wanted to give you guys a chance to provide some feedback and what we talked about

Storyline Updates

I wanted to talk a little today about a question we often get asked in community feedback and that’s how the storyline gets updated in Anarchy Online. The storyline for Rubi-Ka is constantly being updated through our ARK events teams and the updates released through our Editors News forum in the form of in-character press releases from the factional press agencies.

The articles in that forum vary from small reports on the many events run by the events team, through articles written by contributing members of the roleplaying community to official articles written and released by us here at Funcom to tie in with important changes or content additions (like the current mysteries related to alien transmissions and the outzone!).

Using the device of the ‘Editors’ allows us to give our roleplaying community more ‘in character’ updates to the story on a consistent basis, be it major developments or just fun background pieces. We feel that this approach allows us to both involve the roleplaying community more and have more interaction with the community in terms of the storyline, with any given piece just as likely to have come from a player initiative as from the pens of the storyline developers.

The most recent updates now appear in the game launcher as well as our main Story page on the official site. We hope to maintain a more visible progression of the storyline and background of Rubi-Ka through this process.

Rubi-Ka has a wonderful heritage and it is thanks to our dedicated roleplaying community that we continue to develop that heritage for those that like to get totally immersed in the world around Anarchy Online!
    Hopefully we will be able to keep the storyline more visible and on-going for the roleplay community
    Last edited by Famine; Aug 23rd, 2007 at 14:54:43.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Talking

Wohoo!

'nuf said
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Every time I see something like this, my love grows for this game, the incredible depth of the backstory and the anticipation of the future.

Great news, Silirrion

Hopefully the notable events on Rubi-ka will continue to be added to the Timeline as well.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

((tee hee ... anyone else notice that sil posted that over a year ago hehe))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Smile

((I've been playing since pre-SL; and, that's a long time. I've noticed a drop in the rate of random player/NPC RP as well as the scheduled RP events over time. Although, I must applaud FC for making the emotes simpler to execute. TBH, I've been ill and swamped IRL, the RP events I've participated in on one of my many alts... have unfortunately grown shorter in length just in the last year not taking into account previous years. I do however take my hat of to the FC/ARK Events Team that organizes the mass random invasions of cities and the holiday events that provide so many RP possibilities for all of us.

/bow to all orgs participating in RP

The mutual exchange is part of what makes AO fun. ))

Sina "Andilynah" Demesa
    (AoD) Anarchists of Destruction
    Last edited by aeriss; Nov 11th, 2006 at 11:48:37. Reason: to remove links already included in my signature