OOC: A few basic notes -

1) This is, in some ways, a revision of my old story "Ghosts of The Past"

2) The chapters in this story will directly reflect each scene in my upcoming film - casting for which can be found in the "Casting Call" threads in Life on Rimor.

--------------------------

Shadows of The Past - Prologue

--------------------------

The cool night air whispered softly throughout the mighty fortress of Adonis. Even with over half the city beneath the waves, the capital was an ominous yet elegant display, a silent testament to the power of The Chosen.

Suddenly, the silence was broken by footsteps echoing throughout the streets. A cloaked figure made his way towards the bridge leading to the castle.

Slowly did he pace himself, each step resonating loudly throughout the cold stone passageways, accompanied by the hum of various spiritech machines.

Crossing the bridge, the winds picked up strength. The man's cloak billowed regally, as though he was being wrapped in the essence of darkness itself.

At last he came to a large platform. Two portals glowed with a mysterious azure light at each side of the platform, and above was a balcony, perhaps once used by the leaders of The Chosen to give speeches to many minions who would gather here.

Standing at the center, the man pulled back his hood, revealing smoke-grey skin, sinister pointed ears, and eyes glowing red with vengeance.

He concentrated for a moment - focusing his energy towards the ether. The world around him grew silent - until at last an ominous voice spoke. The voice was raspy, tired, and yet strangely confident.

"Ah, so you have finally re-awakened" spoke the voice - cold and heartless, seemingly coming from all directions.

Nodding, the cloaked opifex addressed this mysterious voice. "With the recent invasions from the Kyr’Ozch, the world is in turmoil. Neither Clans nor the Corporation are certain of their allies or their enemies." He grinned. "Of course, there are still some fanatics - but the majority of Rubi-Ka is malleable. In these troubled times, people shall herd to me like silvertails."

"You know well your agenda." Came the voice once more... "With Sallust’s departure from this world, you shall be free to execute your plans without interference. It was wise of us to choose you for this particular assignment."

The opifex bowed his head. "The wisdom of the Chosen is unsurpassed, Master. By my hand I shall bring Rubi-Ka under our reign, and crush the Faithful."

"Go now, there is much to be done. Within you lies the coming of a new age for this world, an age that shall soon be realized. May your Shadow forever be strong." As this was said, the voice faded away leaving only the silence of the castle once more.

Placing his hands together in prayer, the opifex spoke softly. "I shall not fail you, my Master."

As the winds grew in strength, the man turned swiftly on his feet and made his way back across the bridge.