Thread: To dual wield or not to dual wield (info please)

To dual wield or not to dual wield (info please)

Having played a MA, MP and Engi, the problem never poped-up in the past. Now i started a new smurf and am wondering about dual wield. Is it really usefull? Whats the difference with single wield (beside the loss of IP to pour into the dual wield skill..:-)) ?
    Hit faster?
    Better to hit chance?
    /me wonders

Thanx for all the info you got..

I can't speak for fixers since i don't know much about SMG's but i'm pretty sure that multiranged follows the same trends on them as on pistols.

Advents have green or teal multiranged (cant remember, i'm too lazy to check) and up until ql100 you can generally keep a good balance between primary and offhand weapon. After that most weapons shift from +3-+5 per ql to +7 or so per ql which if you do the math causes your offhand weapon to drastically lag behind the primary's ql... I'm currently 143ish and in 14.4 I got a +80 multiranged buff and still havent upgraded my offhand weapon because it simply isnt worth the effort of going out and +8 or so QL's on a pistol when it's already lagging a good 60-70ql behind the primary.

Funcom claims that they are aware that multiranged is much higher req's than multimelee almost to the point of making their worthyness seriously debatable but to be quite honest I'm skeptical at best.

I really cant speak for fixers and SMG's though since i think there are some decent non multiwieldable SMG's if im not mistaken.

A general rule of thumb is if your wielding 2 of the same QL weapon which will only happen in the actual game when you are seriously underequipped or using a unique weapon (gamma ejector, customised reet, etc) you will get roughly 1.2x the damage.
    Last edited by Tetra; Jul 8th, 2002 at 13:13:18.

The fixer concensus is that the only weapon worth dualwielding in the pre-150 game is the Gamma Ejector. Even then, the multiranged spending is questionable.

Single wield an OT Kerans, MPS, MCS, Sol, or GE is the way most go.