Thread: Escalation of Unicorn presence on Rubi-Ka?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Escalation of Unicorn presence on Rubi-Ka?

Janurary 8 29479

(IRRK) -- The IRRK has received reports over the last few days that seem to point to a marked increase in Unicorn Company activity on Rubi-Ka.

Whilst it is no secret that the Unicorn forces have been drafted to Rubi-Ka to assist in the defence of the planet against the alien threat, confirmation of their exact numbers and strength on Rubi-Ka have not been forth coming from Omni Tek.

Independent reports received in the last few days though are pointing towards a sizeable build up of Unicorn forces on the planets surface itself. We have managed to obtain leaked cargo manifests from several transport vessels recently commandeered by the Unicorn officers that suggest some kind of base has recently been constructed on the planets surface itself.

In addition several large troop transports were tracked by the observation facilities in Borealis heading out of standard airspace. Whether these vessels were using cloaking technology to evade further detection or headed out of orbit is unknown, but it would seem strange for large units of Omni-Tek forces to be leaving the planet under current circumstances.

The location of any possible fortified base remains a mystery however, but rumours circulating amongst neutral intelligence sources have suggested that this base may even be outside the approved terraformed areas of the planet. It is know that some regions on the fringes of current populated areas are suitable for inhabitation due to limited environmental engineering carried out by Omni Tek in recent years during several abortive attempts to increase the size of the terraformed regions of the planet.

Speculation has been mounting that the Unicorn forces may be engaged in some form of ground war against alien forces, perhaps if the Unicorn company has built a base on Rubi-Ka the invading forces have already found it, perhaps the Unicorn Company has discovered an alien foothold on Rubi-Ka?

Whilst these questions remain unanswered one thing is certain, the alien conflict shows no sign of ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK
    Whilst it is no secret that the Unicorn forces have been drafted to Rubi-Ka to assist in the defence of the planet against the alien threat.....
    Noone confirmed that's they main or primary reason why are they here.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK
    .... but it would seem strange for large units of Omni-Tek forces to be leaving the planet under current circumstances.....
    Why strange? There are several reasons to do so. It's standard tacticts to remove all nonessential personel, if area is unsafe. Another plausible reason is that they can't control situation anymore and are evacuating.

((I take that as a warning about new alien zones, but this article tops Tin Foils Hats.....that one was at least posted by OTPC, but I thought more of IRRK. ))
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

(( 15.8 must be getting close wewt ))
    Last edited by Rokinar; Jan 9th, 2005 at 22:06:48.

*imagines the price of notum is going sky high right now*

I think suggesting the Unicorns are here for other reasons than to fight aliens is like suggesting you can use potatoes in more coarses then one.
    Ofcourse the Unicorns are here for more than the alien threat. As Omni Tek personell they have a multitude of tasks at hand. Protecting Omni Tek workers I would guess being nr1. Wether its from aliens or some other threat.

((Yes seems like some stuff gonna happen soon))
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Protecting Omni Tek workers I would guess being nr1.
    They are endangering whole population of Rubi-Ka, including other Omni Tek personel. Didn't they threaten to level Borealis? And they attacked Omni-Pol’s 6th Division too.

No they didnt attack Omni Pol 6th. They "threatened" to attack them. Just like the 6th "threatened" to attack the Unicorns. That whole matter was cleared up in and was a result of poor cooperation between departments.

They are endangering the clan population. Not Omni and not Nautrals. Unicorns are acting as guards, alien defence and retaliation squads in the name of the corporation. They make me proud and I think the false statements and rumours should be stopped.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    ....retaliation squads in the name of the corporation.
    I have seen such lingo before. Sooner or later "preventive attack" school of thought kicks in too.

Retaliation attacks is a correct lingo nontheless. Unicorns are on this planet to defend Omni Teks interests. Incase it has passed you by it is the clans who wants to take what Omni Tek have. Not the other way around.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

"No they didnt attack Omni Pol 6th. They "threatened" to attack them. Just like the 6th "threatened" to attack the Unicorns. That whole matter was cleared up in and was a result of poor cooperation between departments."

This almost makes me wonder who is really in charge of the omni corporation... Remember when Philip Ross made his speech in the ICC? He kept having to look over his shoulder for approval from a guard. I find it very striking that the Unicorn armour looks very alien to rubi-ka. Who are these Unicorn people & who is running Omni-tek now? Seems odd that all of a sudden since alien invasion there is now a struggle within omni-tek...
    Kuahji 207 NT (Retired President of UW)
    Neutralguard 220 Solja (Protector of the People)
    Formally Iadpil

RK2 Neutral Orgs
    Why I Love Being Neutral
    AO Links

Omni Tek is run by the Omni Tek Board of Directors. They are located on Omni Prime. Philip Ross have never run the entirety of Omni Tek allthough he is the highest ranking official on Rubi Ka and in charge of Omni Tek operations on this planet. Omni Tek corporation is so much bigger than just this planet though...

The Unicorns are the supreme Omni Tek soldiers. Elite is a also a good name. Theyre armors the finest the universe has to offer and theyre weapons unmatched by anything else. They are here on Rubi Ka because "the **** has hit the fan" if you wanna put it that way.
    They have already proven theyre worth by not only reestablishing this planets communication with the rest of the universe and the corporation but also making Omni Tek cities on Rubi Ka extremely more safe from attacks both from aliens and terrorists.

The incident with Omni`s 6th Division, whom I also respect greatly, was just one of those things that happen. Orders can get mixed up. 99.9% of the time it all goes well just like it did this time. Omni officers dont just throw theyre troopers at eachother throat. It dont work that way in Omni Tek.

We protect eachother along with the rest of the planet.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

I do not understand. As we can all see in the animated series what is that "fuzzy-alien" like thing we see through a screen harressing the omni-tek employee? Surely this man was taking orders not from the omni board of directors but from "something" else. Perhaps omni doesn't know? Rumor has it the Unicorn guards want to level Borealis... As a neutral citizen of course I am going to question their true motive. Thank you for you explaination of everything. My sixth sense & from past experience tells me there is more than meets the eye in the Omni-Tek corporation.
    Last edited by Iadpil; Jan 12th, 2005 at 13:53:28.
    Kuahji 207 NT (Retired President of UW)
    Neutralguard 220 Solja (Protector of the People)
    Formally Iadpil

RK2 Neutral Orgs
    Why I Love Being Neutral
    AO Links

Exclamation

ICC Resistance is still searching for the Unicorn Base. We have hacked to the ICC Headquaters Mainframe not even ICC knows about the base location. And, what strikes me odd it is a top priority list to destroy. I firmly know that these aiens are in fact ICC Genetically Made Creatures using Notum. To destroy Clanners, Omni, and Neutrals; ICC will have no problem in reclaiming Rubi-Ka.

Let the Future Begin
    Freedom For All, Death to ICC

ICC Resistance Leader
    Royalty by birth. I now discovered my future. ICC Resistance Leader. ICC wants to reclaim Rubi-Ka. And, I am a fighter not a diplomat.

Quote Originally Posted by Iadpil
    As we can all see in the animated series what is that "fuzzy-alien" like thing we see through a screen harressing the omni-tek employee? Surely this man was taking orders not from the omni board of directors but from "something" else.
    ((ooc: Allthough it isnt said in the animated series I believe its ment to be a Dust Brigade bossman of sorts. I recall prior to where the omnitek employee is harrased/almost killed you see a short cut from the Outzone witch is where the DB hides from Omni,clans and neutrals repercussions.
    Notice also the whispering voice as the bombs blasts in the end.
    "Ashes to ashes.....Dust to dust.......etc etc" Ofcourse some might believe this to be a covert Omni department sort of thing and some, like me, might believe it really is the DB.
    In any case.... refering to the animated series is not a legit way to talk in character since your character never could have seen the animated series in the first place ))

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

"I firmly know that these aiens are in fact ICC Genetically Made Creatures using Notum. To destroy Clanners, Omni, and Neutrals; ICC will have no problem in reclaiming Rubi-Ka."

((ooc This would be counter to the whole bit of story line from pande where by u kill the keeper of the source (the beast) and hence the aliens come to seek vengance or wotever, just to make that clear to people who havent gone thru the besat thing or looked it up ))