Thread: Idea...

Idea...

The other day, some whacko fixxer dropped enough items on the ground to spell in big letters: "Fixxers Rock".

Since we can't pick the items up, it stayed there and ent eventually crashed and a couple of friends of mine lost items that they were trading.

Why can't we pick items up that we don't own? If someone drops an item on the ground, anyone should be able to pick it up...ANYONE.

I thought it was cute when that ''Someone'' (It's Achmed BTW) wrote ''RUN'' next to the 2HO grid. Heh.

Give creative poeple some credit.

I always loved graphitti. =)
    @-----}----,---'------------
    For Ragnar Tornquist, the Visionaer.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--
    N00b, but HardCore Fixer, RK1.

Good Point

Naraya makes a good point, though... why CAN'T we pick up items on the ground, anyway? Maybe I missed a post or forgot, as it's been so long since this has been implemented, but I can't think of a reason.

It seems lately, (last couple weeks), there has been a rash of litter all over the place... even in the grid!

Picking up stuff and selling it can add a little extra income. I used to do this in UO as a n00b, and it would probably help new players here as well. What a high level player may consider junk is treasure to a younger person.
    Cyrus "d'Artagnan" Bacarella
    Solitus Fixer for the Omni-Tek Corporation
    President of Draco Legionis
    Draco is Family, Legions Unite!

"The darkness must go down the river of nights dreaming...
    Flow morphia slow, let the sun and light come streaming...
    Into my life."

a if items on the ground were enough to crash a zone, BS would be dead every 2 seconds with all the dropped keys.

i'm sure its not his fault ent crashed.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

No, probably not...

But the crash isn't the issue...

Anyone should be able to pick an item off the ground, regardless if we weren't the ones who dropped it. I mean, it would be fun one day to be in the nubi pit and /shout "QL 10 Nova Flow has been DROPPED for one lucky nubi to find it...the first one to pick it up owns it!".

Post um

Nanos glue the object down.. yep , thats right, nano glue.

I have some nano glue in my belly button, wanna see?

Jabba.

PS: Im giddy today.
    Devil's Advocate is cooler than you.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
    - George Bernard Shaw

Careful not to get that nano glue near your peepee. To my knowledge, there is no nano called "relieve nano-peepee of nano-glue" in existance...

it would be acceptable for a shorter timer on how long the item will be player-locked.

it would suck for a noob to accidentally drop something because s/he doesn't know how to really use the game yet and have a scavenger snatch it up instantly.

same would go for a player that drops something useful due to lag, only to have a scavenger pick it up instantly.

Scavanger

"one players useless junk is another one's treasure" (or something to that effect)

I recently started a Fixer. Imagine my horror when I found a good-QL Russian Good Day laying out in the middle of Trade. It was out there for what seemed like hours, and no, I couldent pick it up. Broke my heart.

Do folks have SO much money now, that they can callously dump stuff they dont use all over the place? Theres been a huge amount of this lately, and I dont understand why. In a year of play, I've never seen this phenomenon before.

And yes, if picking up someone elses castoffs makes me a scavanger, then I'll wear the name proudly. Put some kind of timer on dropped items.
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

It's fun to put Grid armor or some such infront of people and let them watch it disapear. That's why. FC is all about torture, didn't cha know?

Its so easy..

Its so easy to fix this item-drop-issue.

Just make it so that every item dropped on ground will vanish in 2 min. After 1 min everyone can pick up the item and from 0-1 min only the owner can pick it up. everyone is happy.. right?

dude...

man.... nano-glue.

issue explained..

pay attention.
    Devil's Advocate is cooler than you.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
    - George Bernard Shaw

Pssstt....alot of the peeps doin tis are fixers...using summoned weapons, which disappear in six hours

But yea, i say, drop somethin you got 5min to pick it back up or something, after that...freebie for someone else
    The Sammich Master is Back!
    Boci - Retired Soldier
    Flashgordun - Smurf in Training
    Mussashi---Boci Reborn---Sword Saint
    xxxxxxxx Keeper Twink of Dewm

I think that maybe the have it where noone can pick up the item but the person that droped it is becasuse of twinking. You have a high level char, go to a secluded building, drop a backback full of items for your alt. Log in with your alt and pick it up. It was way to easy to twink that way back in the day.
    Spongebobby 215 Crat : Rimor
    Magnatta 177 MA : Rimor

"Feeling lonely and content at the same time,
    I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" -Nightwish

Or you could also have a friend hold the bag for you while you log onto an alt.
    ~Chris

but i didnt' really have friends
    Spongebobby 215 Crat : Rimor
    Magnatta 177 MA : Rimor

"Feeling lonely and content at the same time,
    I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" -Nightwish

nope

it IS possible to pickup stuff other ppl dropped.. I remember i ran into HR8 one day and resta had spelled out "Resta" in all ql200 armor....I was able to pick it up...hell i woulda made millions but i thought shed find out and kill me =/ so i ran like a wuss..

I'd like if it was possible to pick people's dropped stuff up.

I'd use my fixer to summon some stuff, then drop it. Imagine the disappointment he would create, when that weapon, that someone picked up suddely disappears mid-mission.

Wham, whit light, 'Hello Reclaim.'

What can I say, my fixer's not a very nice guy.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!