Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roleplaying Question

Question Roleplaying Question

Hello,
    Can someone please clear this up for me as It's not something I can figure out for myself it seems. I have been told that Vixen Entertainment now runs/owns Rompa's in Omni-1? I have heard this type of thing often and thought oh that's great people are RPing and taking it to a whole new lvl but I didn't think it really meant that this particular group or individual owned and could set rules for other players in such a mainstream locale? I 100% support RPing and I like many of the members of Vixen, but every other player who pays $13 a month should have just as much right to RP in Rompa's. Why can't I get up and dance for tips or serve drinks if I wish? I also run a radio show..does this mean I have to ask Vixen Ents permission to broadcast my radio show from Rompa's? This severely interfere's with my (and others) desire to roleplay and have fun too. If Vixen want's to 'own' a building and Funcom wants to let them, which I personally disagree with, can't they at least use some other place that isn't so mainstream so people can go there for the sole pupose of RP with VE? There's a major lack in clubs/bars in RK and my favorite just got way too political.

Thanks very much,

A Concerned customer

WE own nothing.

Vixen Entertainment does not Own rompas. We work for the manager Throll who manages the bar for Omni-Tek. << Throll is a greenie who RP's managing the bar.>>

Everything that everyone is hearing about "ownership" is a Rumor. No one can own anything in this game. Omni-Tek owns all of Omni-Ent.

Right now, there are about 5 people that have decided that it would be fun to start a war among the entertainment Companies. I have had an imposter named "Akktrez" try to say she lays claim to the bar. Devil's Advocate even had their share of imposteres too. These are all the same people. So, to do this, they start rumors. We know who at least 4 of them are. We are trying to figure out the others.

I have heard everything from "Aktrez says she owns Rompas" to "Aktrez, you are going to be banned from Omni-Tek if you don't claim that Clanners can't be served here"

Dont believe anything you hear unless you see a screenshot. I would love anyone to send me a screenshot of me saying I "own" Rompas.

My guild works the bar exclusively <meaning we don't work any other bar>. We have parties at Reets... and at Rompas. But, nightly we work Rompas. I have worked in the bars of Omni-Tek since my days with Belle Rouge Entertainment. We merged with Lunar and created Phoenix. Pheonix Ent. had fallen.. and I took Vixen and started really RPing the Rompa bar. Now, we bring in customers every night!

Imagine this scenario. You work at Toys R Us. One day, you are helping a customer when out of hte blue a random guy walks off the street, stands right in front of you and says to the customer "Sir, may I help you?? I work for Toys R Us" Would that not be annoying?? Not only to the customer, but to the employee who was just trying to help that person?? It's a free world too. And we have the ability to say and do anything. But, you have to remember that there are people's feelings and effort involved as well.

We never EVER said that no one else can work Rompas!!!!! One person missunderstands me and now the whole world thinks that I'm trying to have a dictatorship over the bar! All we are trying to do is get a collaborative effort together to make it so the atmosphere is not damaged. Chaos does not a good RP bar make!! We have been RPing the bar more like a restaurant. We have host staff to seat the guests, waitstaff to take their orders, and dancers to provide Table entertainment. That is why there are so many more customers in the bar. They enjoy this type of Hardcore role playing! We are willing to work with people who wish to RP with us. We have one group we are working on a storyline with now. And it's going GREAT!!! <We have recently found out that why the bottles keep dissapearing on our bar. Rompas is haunted!>

I am an adult. I play games, but, in real life. I am a big girl.
    I very much dislike having to feel like I am back in high school playing the "he said she said" game. Unless you see proof, believe nothing. That is my suggestion to you.

Thank you,
    Aktrez
    Dir. of Vixen Entertainment
    Last edited by Aktrez; Jul 8th, 2002 at 03:25:16.
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor
    ~*~ Director of Vixen Entertainment~*~
    Manger of the Rompa Bar, Omni-Ent.

Unhappy

I aggree with Aktrez, The Rompa is not owned by VE, it's just merely run. Aktrez does this to have fun in this game. I find it personally disgusting that imposters would try to put the blame on the people that serve me drinks every time I go to the Rompa. Vixen Entertainment is very helpfull and they are a very nice group of people. I don't play the "he said she said game either" it's a very childish way to go about things, plus I get enough of that in RL. I come to the Rompa to enjoy myself and have fun, and I get these imposters coming by saying bad stuff about VE and their leader Aktrez. Not once have I been treated rudely by a VE employee, and I'd like to meet the person who thinks otherwise. I support VE in everyway. Please let these stupid childish games stop, and learn to enjoy the game.

Tempest in a Tea Cup

As a happy regular customer at Rompas let me say that I've never seen any of the VE staff prevent, discourage, or otherwise interfere with others who want to work the place independently.

Unless you yourself <looking over to CuriousGuy> have been prevented from working at Rompa by bona fide VE staff then you're just propagating hearsay.

Here's an idea, give it a test. Drop by and hop up on a table surrounded by a bunch of Atrox Omni-AF soliders and offer to dance for them and see if anyone from VE tries to stop you.

I, for one, am glad to see the initiative that Aktrez and VE have taken to put some life into the joint. You have to admit the permanent staff (the bartender, party mixer et. al.) are a bunch of stiffs. But...they're probably Throlls in-laws...so what's he going to do, eh? Anyway, thanks to the efforts of VE and those independents who work Rompa, a place that used to be like a tomb is busy most times I drop by for a shot of the finest imported Scotch Whiskey on the Planet.

Alex "Sejanus" Thompon
    Bureaucrat
    Omni HQ
    Dept L, Office # {Blocked by Omni DataSecurity}

I applaude the entertainment guilds for doing what they do on Rubi-ka and Im almost forced to wonder if its just an issue with Rompas or if its more aimed at Vixen ent.. more specifially Aktrez.

The reason why Im curious about this is..
    1. Im very very tired and think I od on peanut m&m's.. its almost 3:30 am and I really want to sleep but decided to check this out first for some odd reason.
    B. Well what was my point?? Oh yeah.. well Aktrez manages Rompas and Vixen Ent works it. ok.. Well Thyme manages Baboons and Devils Advocate works it..(damm I hope Im right on that one..anyway did I mention Im tired and its late?) .. Well someone just took manage ment of Neutrs R Us in NLC and whatever and Reets is managed and operated bye Ignis and Wyldthing so ... how come this was just pointed at Aktrez..cause that one club is your favorite? Well so what ..it can still be right?

So if anything I can possibly see you get bent over a "Clan" management of a neutral club ..( though all who knows Wyld knows she has a neut stance on stuff yadda yadda yadda ..Im just trying to make a point). Insted of whatever , griping about something when there is nothing to really gripe about...

as far as you wanting to DJ your own station... Im sure if you were to go into a place where any DJ be it from Gridstream Productions or Electrica or who ever else is broadcasting.. you will have the people there tell you that its wrong and disrespectful..and I mean the players listening to the stations ..not the management. Though yeah its rude to go shouting out your station addy during another DJ's show to try to take listeners from that person so there are alot of things you could be complaining about and pointing fingers at..but it seems to me that your singling out one person.

Ok.. now I can sleep.. Damnit I better be able to sleep. g'night!

Lux

I agree with what everyone has posted so far. Before I left Rubi-Ka, Aktrez and her band of merry men were the REASON I went to Rompas. I am not a roleplayer by any means. I enjoy the leveling and hunting myself. But, the place was a dive before Aktrez came in. There we strippers in there and lap dancers and people just doing whatever. Now there is finally some REAL roleplaying and organization

I like the toys R Us comment. That is so true though! It gets damn confusing when one girl is serving you drinks then all of a sudden some chick comes over, walks right through her, and asks you the same thing. HAVE SOME RESPECT!!! Aktrez and her team make Rompas what it is today. If you want to work there, work WITH her... don't just start working. She's a nice girl, and I have heard her tell many people that she is willing to work with them. I have even seen her offer stray dancers jobs with the company. That's pretty cool if you ask me.

I think one of the reasons she gets stepped on is because she is too nice. Too trusting.. girl needs to learn to be a *****. So, lay off the nice people! THEY are what make this game fun. All you people who come in to harrass her, and to cause trouble. You screw it up for hte rest of us. You aren't proving anything but that you are a whino who is jealous that someone else thought of it first.

So, VOTE FOR AKTREZ!! Wait.. no... just go to Rompas. She's hot she's damn good at what she does, and btw, have you heard this girl sing????? OMFG!!! That's all I have to say.

You know...

I hear people complaining about Vixen not letting others work the club, but the thing is, I have never seen it happen nor have I ever seen a screen shot that someone posted or any other proof of it. Personally, I think the people doing the finger-pointing have some personal problem with Aktrez or her guild so they find it easier to throw stones (even false ones) rather than be brave enough to confront her to her face and tell her what their problem is.

So, either post a screen shot, confront her yourself, make your own entertainment guild to compete or live with it. Doesn't anyone try to remedy anything for themselves before crying to the boards about it anymore?

((Just so there's no excuses, you press F12 to take a screen shot and they are conveniently stored in a folder called "screenshots" - C:\Program Files\Funcom\Anarchy Online\Screenshots or wherever you installed AO))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Never met Aktrez, haven't been to Rompa's in ages... but in general I think it's great that entire guilds of people are willing to spend their time on serving others.

That's what this comes down to. The entertainment guilds are serving others, both literally with dancing and music and food, and in a larger sense by providing a better environment for us to socialize. It's kind of disgusting that people are complaining about that, and even worse that there are imposters and saboteurs trying to undercut them.

I guess though that no good deed goes unpunished.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Smile My thoughts...

If you are involved with the entertainment organizations, then you know that many of them have claimed management responsibility of the various clubs across Rubi-Ka. This helps promote roleplaying, and provides a context for patrons who visit the establishments. If an org is doing a good job as Vixen is, what is your complaint? If you have an issue, then take it up with the management! Anything that promotes roleplaying and cooperation between reasonable people should at least be within the realm of consideration. I'm confused as to why you are targeting Vixen, given that this is common practice on Rubi-Ka. Rompas is a great bar, and Vixen is a great org under strong leadership. Accept it for what it is and enjoy yourself at Rompas.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

I must say i visit rompas alot and everytime i receive a warm welcome even if im clan. I know Aktrez a long time and she always doing a great job. Its indeed a hard for full of competition in entertainment bussiness but i would like to say there only 2 girls i know that always Welcomed me . Aktrez and Nevver.

So both of you have my support on your guilds aslo if you need any help call me anytime.

Doompie

CLan Soldier

Smile

That's so kind of you to say, Doompie! I think I can speak for Aktrez as well as myself when I say that we just want to have fun and we like to see everyone else doing the same. In no way do I feel that my idea of what is fun is right and someone else's is wrong, but if someone else has the same idea, I'll drag them in! After all, if it isn't fun, what's the point?
    Last edited by Nevver; Jul 8th, 2002 at 17:25:46.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I think the whole thing has blown out of all proportion.

If someone wants to go in there to RP barstaff, thats fine, whether your VE or anyone.

If someone wants to create a character called Ak*K*trez, to p*ss off another player and try and annoy their enjoyment, thats plain childish.

The base line is though, no one owns Rompa's. And anyone can RP whatever the hell they want in there.
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

Last edited by Yorkforce; Jul 11th, 2002 at 22:25:42.

I remember the early days of Rompa's, in the beginning of all this, the silence, the boredom and the dust gathering on all the tables.

I return from a four month break to find Rompa's alive with people and someone asking me if they can get me a drink. Amazed and impressed are two words that fall short of how I felt. In past couple of weeks I have been spending more time (probably more than my supervisor likes) at Rompa's because of the environment that Vixen creates there.

I was almost equally surprised when i entered one day to find a competitor asking to serve me. Competition is almost always a good thing, it drives innovation and better service, so I thought how nice it was to see someone else trying (and from a RP view I thought it would make for some great moments). Unfortantly, where as I have seen nothing but the best behavior from those employed through Vixen's, the outburts and general rudness towards Vixens by this competitor left an awful tast in my mouth. Unfortunately, many there that night (and following nights) mistook these girls and some others as employees of Vixen's. Of course, they were not as they offered both services that Vixen's would never offer and dressed in ways while working that was muuuch different from Vixens.

I think this may be the root of some of the rumors, people placing blame on Vixens for activities by non-Vixen individuals. In the past week I've gotten to know several of their staff well and I know in my heart they are a good company, hard working and honest folks. I've heard some of the rumors floating about and certain that they are based on situations and events Vixen had nothing to do with.

It really all comes down to, support those working there that you agree with and don't support those that you don't. I'll support any polite and curtious company (and players) that work in any club.
    Last edited by Tuxx; Jul 8th, 2002 at 19:10:48.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

I hope a little ooc is ok. Just wanted to contribute my 2 cents.

First off, I am biased. I am a member of Vixen and have been from the second day it existed. I have spent most of my in game time working there. I enjoy both the waitressing and the dancing and basically stopped leveling my character when I was high enough to use the grid to Reets.

Second, no one in the game--unless it is with FC's backing--can keep anyone from doing whatever they want in Rompa. I presume that the original poster knows that as well as everyone else. So, I might ask, did you actually post as a "concerned customer" or do you have another agenda?

So, anyone can come to Rompa and do what they want. They can even come in and try to wait or dance at tables that someone else is already working. Like every other activity in the game the limits on what you can do are the conduct rules and the attitudes of you fellow players. If you violate the conduct rules FC can take action against you. Otherwise, your fellow players can ignore or shun you or argue with you. I have always tried to act courteously to everyone who comes to the bar even if it is to wait or dance at tables that I am working. (one notable exeption is a person who emoted fondling me; I would not tolerate that in rl or rp). Not everyone will feel that way however. If someone has been working in the bar for hours only to have someone else come and try to wait or dance at the same tables, that person may well resent it. It should hardly come as a surprise to the latecomer if harsh words are exchanged.

One question worth asling here is why does someone want to go and dance at Rompa or do a radio program from there? I think the answer is that they can make money or reach a bigger audience at Rompa because people want to hang out there. I personally think that an RP entertainment guild is part of the reason why they people are there.

MM

Sure, concerned customer..

Hmmmm... who ordered the fish?

/em Looks around Rompa for concerned customer, Mr. CuriousGuy.

Maybe it was bait? Sure smells fishy, though.

Thumbs down Geezus H christ!!!

Honestly, Can we get on with it now? How many different ways does this SAME subject have to come up?

Aktrez- my hats off to you girl. Your what-lvl 11? Right?
    From these rumors going, you "force people" out of the club ALL the time Right? That's what they are whining about?
    mmmkay..
    Seeing a few of these folk are a bit higher then level 11. I'd say that makes you one bad motha (shut yo mouth!)
    You GO girl!!!
    Send me a tell later I'll teach you my "Karate chop!"

Folks she's got pig tails for god sakes. If you must whine about SOMETHING - Whine that a lvl 11-singer-owned your ass in a 100% zone. That's how I see if from now on. HEY! Lets get bumper stickers and tag them all. " I gots owned by Aktrez!"

Seem stupid? So do these rumors. Move along folks. Next subject? Damn.
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

First off, I agree, no one in this game "owns" anything. What they do however is "manage". And being given this task by a Roleplaying GM they ARE in a way being backed by Funcom. HOWEVER... NONE of the entertainment guilds on this planet that I have seen have ever minded someone else working a club as long as they did so courteously.

You want to DJ a club? Fine... just don't spam your station address if another DJ is already there with their station.

You want to wait tables or dance for tips? Fine... but don't follow right behind someone who's already there. Or try to jump in on a table someone's already dancing on.

Most of the "problem" as you see it can be solved by just talking to the other players and working things out with them.

Aktrez has done a wonderful job of turning Rompa's around... let's not spoil it with childish finger pointing and name calling.

/me takes out her box of " I gots owned by Aktrez!" bumper stickers and sets them up at the bar

Just 5 credits folks!!!

T-shirts to come soon!!
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor
    ~*~ Director of Vixen Entertainment~*~
    Manger of the Rompa Bar, Omni-Ent.

Eureka!!!

Then we can have an: "I gots owned by Aktrez" wet T-Shirt party.

Of course, it would have to be after the Toga party, and the Leet fight club event, and the thing at the Dancing Atrox, and...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast