"Well...The leader's dead now. Check His pockets." A small, wiry man stated excitedly, waving his claws in an animated manner.

"Hmm...a few swords..a nanocrystal....2 guns....and a piece of armor...that's it!" Tahrus exclaimed after looting the body of the dead boss.

Just at that moment, as Tahrus was spreading the wealth his communicator sounded, with the emergency tone.

"Hmm...Emergency tone, must be important.." The Bureaucrat thought to himself. He tapped a button on his communicator, switching the frequency to private.

"Tahrus here...what is it?" he asked.

"Tahrus, this is Ramid."

"Ramid, good friend...what's going on?"

Ramid replied in a very serious tone.

"You must come to West Athen immediately, it is an emergency of great magnitude. I will explain when you get here, just hurry and get to The Cup."

Tahrus, noting the serious tone in Ramid's voice said a hasty goodbye to his teammates and sprinted to the Mission Exit. Once outside he proceeded to climb in his Kodiak which was waiting outside for him, and sped off into the distance. He reached Tir, and sped full speed to the Grid Terminal, ignoring traffic signs and Guards yelling for him to slow down. He hastily uploaded himself into the Grid and made his way through the Grid to the Athen door. He downloaded from the Grid and entered The Cup, a small tavern right next to the Grid Terminal. There he met Ramid, along with a few of his soldiers.

"Ramid, Leader of Vox Populi. What's the situation? I came as soon as I could." Tahrus asked.

"Who is this, Sir?" A voice sounded from the right of Tahrus.

Ramid took a deep breath and then spoke.

"Agreth, this is Myles T. Barchus. He is President of the West Athen Militia, and a good friend of mine. He has requested the Vox's assistance in monitoring the City, as many of his soldiers are occupied in other ventures."

Agreth nodded, and Ramid continued to speak.

"A Murderer is loose in the City. We have found several dead bodies over the last few days. However we could track down the source, until today. We have reason to believe that a man named Nuek is responsible, and that he is still in the City. His weapon of choice seems to be a Knife of short sword, similar to a Hunting Knife,but a little big larger. Every body we have found has looke the same. It has had a circle cut in the stomach, and ritualistic slashes on the face, ears, and neck."

"I understand." Tahrus said quietly, apparently in deep thought. "Any Idea where in the City he might be?"

"Not yet Sir." Agreth answered.

"Well, Shall we commence a search? Split up into small teams and sweep the City. If our killer is indeed here, we will find him. If you do find him, alert the others via Communicator. Do not engage him alone." Tahrus said.

a few moments later.........

Tahrus checks his communicator again and Ramid's voice sounds..

"There is a small ruckus at the gate, Tahrus. Some are accusing one of your guards..."

Tahrus made his way down the front gate to try and diffuse the situation.

"It's the guard! She's got a sword! and she's not responding to my questions! She's and Omni Spy!" Mellithin exclaimed.

"No Mellithin! It is not the guard. The killer is not Omni. We have reason to believe the culprit aligns himself with the Clans, or is neutral. Why he would murder his own clansmen I cannot tell you. But, to satisfy your curiousity, let's question the guard."

The small group approached the guard and begin to sputtter questions in an unorganized manner. The guard was never afforded a chance to answer her accusations however, because an Atrox who was passing stopped to hear the situation. The confusion, and gargle of talking was abruptly disturbed by the loud sound of assault rifle fire, and a failry large burst. When the bright muzzle flash was cleared, the guard lay dead before the entire group, and the Atrox stood above her grinning.

"YOU BONE-HEADED ATROX!!!! YOU JUST KILLED OUR ONLY LEAD!!" Agreth shouted, as everyone else in the group angrily voiced their disapproval of the Atrox's actions.

to be continued.....................