Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Omni-Tek Monthly Department Meetings (Concept)

Well, my org isn't really big on the roleplay but I am. I'll check with the pres later but im sure he wouldn't mind, I Shalex, would like to represent HUGE, Inc. RK2 at the meeting (may change if org leader wants differnt people but theres another for rk2 )

Edit: I'm not so good with the time zones....21 GMT i think is 15 (3 pm) on US Central time..right?
    Last edited by Shalex; Jan 11th, 2005 at 10:27:30.

Perhaps this will make some Omni start acting like they are in a corporation again instead of some independent that thinks they can do whatever they want and still stay employed.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Because the percentage of Rimor sign ups is not as large as the Atlantian sign ups, I am thinking of maybe taking the advice of Naefen to have us all meet on one Dim.

At least for this meeting

So new question: can everyone on the list come for the Sunday meeting on Atlantian server? Rimor people will have to make alts of course.

I also thing this is a possitive thing, because it is a discussion and feedback meeting, to have representatives from both servers there to share thier thoughts.

updated list of attendies:

Atlantian

Daewen - People's Republic of Redemption
    Demongun - ~Society of Salvation~
    Ukblizzard or Gencop - Realization
    Shadehawk - RUR
    Trybes - Devils Advocate
    Equimon or Virta or Jadeshimmer - Omni-Pol
    Rheena (maybe) - The Honored Maidens
    Kithrak (maybe)
    Kastagueule - Space Sapin
    Swiftmind - Omni-Mining
    Edliner - First Order
    Undyne - Omni-Reform
    Shantah - Corporate Justice
    Haminie (couldn't find your playcharname Tax) - MR
    Headexplody or Arimathea or Poutiney - Obsoleet(IC)

Rimor

Banishedsoul or Naefen - Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Jacobstroud - Solo player
    Vayde - Project Shadow - Vayde1 on Atlantian
    Shalex - Representing himself (possible his org)

Cheers

Social

Edit: added some more names to list
    Last edited by Socialfly; Jan 16th, 2005 at 19:36:11.
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Please send your feedback to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

The Starters Guide to the storyline

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixentrox
    Perhaps this will make some Omni start acting like they are in a corporation again instead of some independent that thinks they can do whatever they want and still stay employed.

Hehe you are just jealous becasue we have better weather down South. Hmm.. I wonder who runs the weather machines? :-)
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Hehe you are just jealous becasue we have better weather down South. Hmm.. I wonder who runs the weather machines? :-)
    A Leetbot?
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

Well.. me and Naefen rarily agrees on anything

I will say.. if it is made so that there will only be one meeting I am not quite sure if we can make it. (Not making it as a treath.)
    AO for me often comes down to planning ahead if I shall have any time to enjoy it since I am an org leader. For sunday around that time we have already scheduled an org meeting. And unfortunatly for that day we have alot of topics to discuss so I don't know if we could be done in time, I highly doubt it.

That said.. I'm not quite sure if I even like the idea of a gathered meeting. The roleplaying community on rk1 and rk2 is quite different from eachother. As cause of that there might need to be a made special modifications of some sort to the boards depending on which server.

Also as Omni roleplay on rk2 is quite lacking atm (as the list of people wanting to attend shows) I fear that the voice of rk2 will be drowned by rk1. Not only cause they have larger numbers but also because they all know eachother (well mostly I guess?) they know how they RP and interact with each other that way.. Rk2 people would maybe be left sitting and shutting up cause they don't know where to jump in.

Rk2 (omni) roleplay needs a jumpstart and I think it needs to be focused on specially, not included with rk1 cause it's lacking.

Altho I understand in some way if Social decides for one meeting as the meeting on rk2 might become a bit short and not much coming out of it. That depends to see how active me, Vayde, Jacobstroud and Shalex might be. We could always include Naefen from Disciples as well but as I understand he will not be able to attend due to his brothers birthday-party. That remains to see.
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

One of the hardest things the Council of Truth has had to deal with is trying to keep things paralel on both servers. Communication could be better and of course, the climates are somewhat different between the servers. It's a real challenge but we were basically told that we work together or it was a no go. Feel free to contact me if you want a "lessons learned" type thing to help things go smoother with the Omni effort. No need to completly re-invent the wheel.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I agree with Vixentrox that it's best if the two dimensions learn to work together (and therefore keep the storyline intact between the worlds), however I also agree with Banishedsoul that Rimor RP needs a jumpstarts.

My proposition is that we hold the meeting as a merged-meeting on Atlantean, however I would also like to see a meeting of all the roleplaying organizations and solo-player representatives on Rimor (Omni, Clan, and Neut) similar to the one that occurred with Fantaghiro - only with Socialfly this time, and with a different focus.

Rather than discussing event planning and such, this meeting (again, Rimor-only) would be to discuss various ways to get in touch with the roleplayers on Rimor who are hiding in the dark. I assure you there are many roleplayers out there, but with the situation as it is, they are intimidated to make any attempts at being known.

This would - hopefully - be the much-needed boost we need to RK2 RP
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

I don't have very much time at the moment to respond to some of the questions raised but I will when I get back at my desk tonight. Just want to remind you however that this meeting is just to share ideas and brainstorm together with you on the concept. Lets not jump ahead of ourselves and start assuming the worst.

As a side note, there is no intention to exclude Rimor from RP on our end, we have people dedicated to only that server just as we do with Atlantian. I will go into this more later.

Cheers

Social
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

I think with Rimor it's gonna be a case of "If you build it, they will come." Not too many people are going to come forward for the planning stages, but I think once the meetings are up and running people will become a lot more interested.

I personally have no problem with the planning meeting being held on Atlantean. I would like to see Banishedsoul and Naefen get a chance to weigh in though. Maybe if they can't make it we could try to get the meeting log to them so they can send suggestions to Socialfly via e-mail or PM.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

social fly i love all these new events sooo much :P party at ark hq for j00! <3 <3 <3
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

ok now that I have a few moments more to spend =)

AO for me often comes down to planning ahead if I shall have any time to enjoy it since I am an org leader. For sunday around that time we have already scheduled an org meeting. And unfortunatly for that day we have alot of topics to discuss so I don't know if we could be done in time, I highly doubt it.
    I fully understand where you are coming from, as for me everything I do comes down to planning ahead. I knew it may have been short notice for some by changing this, but had hoped all would make it. It is not my intention to ignore the Rimor players. In fact I have a great deal of respect for and 2 years of RP events with Rimor players that they do come as a priority to me.

That said.. I'm not quite sure if I even like the idea of a gathered meeting. The roleplaying community on rk1 and rk2 is quite different from eachother. As cause of that there might need to be a made special modifications of some sort to the boards depending on which server.
    Again, no decisions have been made on if there will be a one server only setting for these meetings. This has yet to be discussed. As a side note though, as different as Rk 1 and RK 2 are, Omni-Tek as a corporation is the same on both, so one meeting on RK 1 could very well be exactly the same as a meeting on RK 2.

Again, these are some of the things we need to discuss. Omni is not a democracy and that is something we intend to keep true to.

Also as Omni roleplay on rk2 is quite lacking atm (as the list of people wanting to attend shows) I fear that the voice of rk2 will be drowned by rk1.
    This meeting is not about what server you are on, it is about the concept in the works. So it is not anyones voice over another. Everyone will be treated the same. I also have a tendancy to ask people directly how they feel when they are being quiet, so I doubt anyone will be left out =)

Rk2 (omni) roleplay needs a jumpstart and I think it needs to be focused on specially, not included with rk1 cause it's lacking.
    Because this is a concept we want to have both servers involved in, it makes sense for players from both to be there to share feedback. No one server is going to be focused on specifically with this concept. it is a concept to be brought forth to all Omni players who are interested.

Again due to the nature of the Omni-Tek Corporation, the concept itself is being written universally, so everyones feedback plays a role regardless of server.

One of the hardest things the Council of Truth has had to deal with is trying to keep things paralel on both servers. Communication could be better and of course, the climates are somewhat different between the servers. It's a real challenge but we were basically told that we work together or it was a no go.
    This is true. For Council of truth there are server specific things that will come up for discussion that won't involve the other server, but there are also universal stories that require both servers to have input on.

The omni's are going to be a bit luckier in this respect i think, mainly because (as I say too often) Omni is not a democracy. I can see slight differences in perhaps if Omni is more dominant in tower wars on one server than another, but storyline and department objectives I can see being quite universal...

Of course we will discuss this further

My proposition is that we hold the meeting as a merged-meeting on Atlantean, however I would also like to see a meeting of all the roleplaying organizations and solo-player representatives on Rimor (Omni, Clan, and Neut) similar to the one that occurred with Fantaghiro - only with Socialfly this time, and with a different focus.
    Player meetings are something i plan to continue as we have done in the past. I will of course post regarding this as soon as we have one planned.

I assure you there are many roleplayers out there, but with the situation as it is, they are intimidated to make any attempts at being known.
    I think that is a very true statement. I am more than happy to discuss finding ways to bring them out of the dark and into the Role Play more. We can discuss this as well =)

social fly i love all these new events sooo much :P party at ark hq for j00! <3 <3 <3
    um, thanks. hehe. Didn't you know it is always a party at ARK HQ? =)

Cheers everyone and thank you so much for the continued feedback

Social
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

I very much want to attend this, but as i just looked over my work schedual i would miss it by 1 1/2 hours (4pm my time, i go into work on that day at 2:30) but well see what happens.

Socialfly I cant say how proud I am to be in a game with a ARK like you right now
    Your daily answers and tight grip on this idea just really impress me.

With that fresh in mind I think, like Stroud mentioned, a log and update so all who couldnt attend meetings(gather-meeting and the future ones) is simply a great idea. And if/when a site like CoT model appears I am sure that will be no problem.

I dont really care whether this "gather-meeting" is on Rimor or Atlantean or some Super Mario Bro`s server as long as it is held and information gets to flow freely twoways

What I really mean with wanting the RP meetings on same server is to stress the importance of the two servers working together and none of them overshadow the other. I guess its not completely necessary but would be a huge improvement in my opinion.
    Also, a members only forum(for all dimensions and no splitting) and eager reporters at Editor News are both good ways to further cooperation.

Just want to throw in something here while we sort of on the difference between dimensions topic.
    How many reporters are there on Atlantean vs Rimor? Or do they cross over when they want to?
    Also Id love it if more of our events were covered by reporters. I mean, we can be fighting "green" people/aliens/mushrooms/ and whatnot witch seems part of the storyline and the next week all I see in Editor News is three reports about aliens on Atlantean, a research convention on Atlantean and one about RUR....on Atlantean.
    I think that is the main reason why people on Rimor feel ignores slightly. Because we have to roleplay as if we were on Atlantean since they have dibs on the real storyline. Ummm ..was that clear???

Dont get me wrong...VERY happy with ARK these days!!
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Socialfly I cant say how proud I am to be in a game with a ARK like you right now
    I'll try not to let that go to my head =)

Just want to throw in something here while we sort of on the difference between dimensions topic.
    How many reporters are there on Atlantean vs Rimor? Or do they cross over when they want to?
    Also Id love it if more of our events were covered by reporters. I mean, we can be fighting "green" people/aliens/mushrooms/ and whatnot witch seems part of the storyline and the next week all I see in Editor News is three reports about aliens on Atlantean, a research convention on Atlantean and one about RUR....on Atlantean.
    Just to address this quickly. right now there is one reporter on Atlantian and none on Rimor...as far as Event team reporters that is.

A while ago we did a exchange with the CR department, who handled reporters before, that we would take over the reporters program and they would handle weddings.

Since then we have been in discussion on the best way to proceed with reporters, and in doing so created one reporter to test it. We used Atlantian at the time due to some events that took place at a Council Of truth meeting there. We are now about ready to make more reporters to hit the streets of Rubi-ka, and there will be a balance between Rimor and Atlantian. ie: if there are 2 reporters on Atlantian, then there should be 2 on Rimor.

The Articles that are player submitted are not Events Team related however. That is ARK CR, so I can't speak on that.

I think that is the main reason why people on Rimor feel ignores slightly. Because we have to roleplay as if we were on Atlantean since they have dibs on the real storyline. Ummm ..was that clear???
    Clear yes. Not Accurate however. In the last year specifically, everytime we have done a event that is tied to the real storyline of AO we have had it on both servers. So if Phillip Ross was addressing a crowd, he did it on both servers. If omni's broke into the Council building, it happened on both servers etc...

Main reason for this? In the AO universe there is only one Rubi-ka.

One situation that happened recently that may seem to contradict this was when Silverstone kicked the council out of tir, that was a in character reaction by Silverstone to accusations some council members made at him...it was not a planned event, it was reaction based on how that character would react to that situation. Had it been planned, you can rest assured that it would have taken place on Rimor as well.

Certain event plans for Rimor have been written as a direct result of this as well...so we didn't forget you guys. Like I said before, Rimor is just as much a priority to me as Atlantian.

Back to the Omni meet this Sunday, please let me know if there is anyone else to add to this list

Cheers

Social
    Last edited by Socialfly; Jan 12th, 2005 at 13:56:49.
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

I will be there just need to know where and when. Might not be able to stay for entire meeting but this OT meeting is very important to me.

Meeting information

When: Sunday Jan 16th 2100 GMT

Where: I will send you a /tell at the meeting time and warp you to the location =)

If you want to come to the meeting, and I don't already have your name on the list, please post by the end of Saturday. I am looking forward to having a chance to sit with you guys and chat =)

Cheers

Social

PS: Rimor people who are coming, please let me know what your name is on Atlantian.
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

That will give me enough time to sleep for 3 hours before work, I'll try my best to be there.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

2100 GMT = 4:00 PM ET, yes?

Name on Atlantean: Vayde1
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

Talking

Obsoleet(IC) wants in on this. Headexplody and Arimathea and/or Poutiney. hope to see you all there.
    Hunter "Metaljedd" Shelling, Martial Artist - Squad Commander of Obsoleet (@.@)/'
    Katia "Headexplody" Niss, Fixer - General of Obsoleet (@.@)/' Equip
    Pedro "Xdash" Niss, Bureaucrat - Unit Member of Obsoleet" (@.@)/'
    "Pytha" Shade - Squad Commander of Obsoleet (@.@)/'
    Explorer 73% Killer 46% Achiever 40% Socializer 40%

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast