Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Omni-Tek Monthly Department Meetings (Concept)

Interesting and encouraging idea. I like it. I will be watching for future updates.

"I am a little concerned that Neutrals are being excluded. The Neutral roleplaying community is comparable in size and quality to both Clan and Omni, we should not leave them out in the cold yet again, they have been neglected too often."

As the Council of truth is clan based the Omni board will be Omni based. The CoT project was at first a player inititive that we got involved in later. The Omni one is more our inititive due to the way a Omni-Tek meeting would be run.

Now, if there was a movement by Neutral players to make the initive for something similar I am not saying we would ignore it. Just like with the CoT we would look into what we could do to get involved, but as it stands the priority is and always has been the Omni/Clan conflict, and that is why we are making the move on the Omni meetings.

We have in the past supported Neutral player inititives. ie: the Newland guards

The other thing to concider in this, is the ICC has a headquarters on Earth where the corporations meet, and there isn't really a reason at this moment for these discussions and negotiations to move to Rubi-ka.....in fact even less reasons now that there is a alien threat. They would want these meetings in a safer environment.

Thank you for the feedback everyone. Keep it coming =)
    Last edited by Socialfly; Jan 6th, 2005 at 22:54:35.
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Please send your feedback to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

The Starters Guide to the storyline

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

I would definetly love to get involved in this.... Given my RP characters past though, it might not be a simple task =) I think I might have to go give my old buddy Equimon a holler about getting into the OP. Sounds good. Hope it goes well. I would love to be apart of it, been looking to get back into RP ever sicne I got back from "vacation"
    Courage, Wisdom, Power, Faith, Life, Death, Change, Dream, Fear, Freedom, Friensdhip, Honesty, Honor, Intelligence, Justice, Knowledge, Love, Peace, Time, Future, Truth ; Everything needed to be great.

Malcom "Shadowgrider" Kenley - R.I.P.

"There can be no opinion about Truth." -Bret "XSerter" Kenley

*briefly hijacks the thread to smack Xserter around*

Beesh.

*returns the thread to it's rightful owners*
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

OOC:

Happy to read about this. Definitely good news here.
    Amado "Ramiyana" Kuiper
    President of |REBEGIN|Strength, Purity, Vision

Co-Founder of The Nanomage Liberation Front

Tonight at about Midnight EST, Socialfly made a visit to Channel42. Unfortunately there weren't very many denizens on at the time, but I and a few members of the People's Republic became very inquisitive very quickly and I figured I'd post the conversation that ensued for my fellow Omni-Tek directors to share with their organizations.

It goes without saying that any questions Socialfly answered are only tentatively answered until such time as the plan is enacted. Nevertheless, I figured you would all appreciate a look into some of the thinking behind this project as we were able to ask about it.

[Channel42] Socialfly joined the group.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: So this is Channel 42
    [Channel42] Daewen: Eek! It's Socialfly!
    [Channel42] Socialfly: aha! role players really do use this =)
    [Channel42] Socialfly: hope no one minds my dropping in
    [Channel42] Daewen: Role players? What are those?
    [Channel42] Daewen: (( ))
    [Channel42] Socialfly: You know...those people..who like...play roles n stuff...sorry I should probably add a ooc: in front
    [Channel42] Socialfly: ooc: Are there many people on the channel at the moment?
    [Channel42] Daewen: Wow. Quiet hour. We can probably rustle up a few others.
    [Channel42] Llucioth: ((Just us PRoR's, really.
    [Channel42] Cudayne: well first citizen looks as if we have a monopoly on the channel tonight
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Quite so.
    [Channel42] Daewen: Impressive.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: ooc: what is the busiest time of day for people? i basically wanted to have a chance to discuss the Omni-Board idea in a environment that was more interactive =)
    [Channel42] Llucioth: ((By the way, typically, we put OOC chat in double brackets of some variety.
    [Channel42] Daewen: ((7 p.m. EST (midnight GMT?) and following until about midnight EST (5 GMT?))
    [Channel42] Socialfly: ((yeah I usually use the double brackets myself, but when I am Socialfly, i am never sure how I should approach that ))
    [Channel42] Llucioth: ((I Imagine people would start flocking to the channel once they find out you're here.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: ((cause basically Socialfly is always kinda of out of character. lol))
    [Channel42] Daewen: ((yeah, I could pretty much guarantee that we could get more people on if they heard you were here.))
    [Channel42] Llucioth: ((Or, we could just crank up the OOC gas, and lose the brackets.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: ((Well the best way to do this then I think is arrange a day and time I can come on and we can have a little huddle on it))
    [Channel42] Socialfly: ((just wasnt sure what the best time of day was for people to be around))
    [Channel42] Socialfly: ((lose the brackets? but I was just getting good at them again :P))
    [Channel42] Socialfly: Is there anyone here right now who hasn't seen the post on the Omni Meeting concept?
    [Channel42] Daewen: ((Friday's are generally good nights for people to be on. Thursdays as well thanks to DJ Veldron's show. again between midnight and 5 a.m. GMT is most likely. if you wanted to get something earlier for Europeans, Saturday evening and Sunday evening GMT are usually good for that))
    [Channel42] Daewen: Heh. I believe we're all Proles here, so we've all seen it.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: ok
    [Channel42] Llucioth: And, by the way, are quite pleased with the idea.
    [Channel42] Daewen: And we certainly all like it. :-)
    [Channel42] Socialfly: well while I am here now, does anyone have any questions or thoughts you would like to share with me?
    [Channel42] Daewen: Actually, yes. How many departments of Omni-Tek (Omni-Trans, etc.) have you considered using and which are they?
    [Channel42] Daewen: The People's Republic of Redemption is a bit...unique...and I'm trying to think of who we would be most likely to work for.
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Any idea where meetings would be held?
    [Channel42] Socialfly: Presently we are doing a healthy revamp of the department listing....let me grab what we have so far *searches her paperwork*
    [Channel42] Socialfly: Omni-Pol, Omni-trans, Omni-Reform, Omni-Internops, Omni-AF, Omni-Com, Omni-Mining, Omni-Special Ops
    [Channel42] Llucioth: ((Gee. Wonder which department Omni-pol is gonna be in? *chuckles*
    [Channel42] Socialfly: heh
    [Channel42] Socialfly: that is not the finished list however
    [Channel42] Daewen: Hmm. Omni-Reform? What are they about? And SpecialOps vs. InternOps?
    [Channel42] Socialfly: and as for where the meetings will be held, we have, with help from the Funcom events representative we work with, Submited a request for a meeting hall to be built
    [Channel42] Daewen: Inquisitive bunch aren't we?
    [Channel42] Socialfly: reform is where they send bad employees to get good again. heh
    [Channel42] Daewen: Mental Hygiene Police!
    [Channel42] Llucioth: And since they consider all rubikans to be "Employees"
    [Channel42] Socialfly: As soon as we get a final list, we will post descriptions of the departments
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Oh Come now Terese, We can't be with omni-reform. We havent had a good purge in weeks.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: right now the main goal is to turn the concept into action, and that is why we are working very hard on getting feedback
    [Channel42] Daewen: Right.
    [Channel42] Daewen: Hmm. Omni-PeaceCorp? :-P
    [Channel42] Socialfly: What is your org about?
    [Channel42] Socialfly: maybe I can hint at a direction
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Ooooh... Now *theres* A pointed question.
    [Channel42] Daewen: Ours?
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Indeed there is.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: yes
    [Channel42] Llucioth: We're all about... er.....
    [Channel42] Socialfly: pie?
    [Channel42] Socialfly: mt sorry
    [Channel42] Daewen: We're a bunch of peace loving hippies. Actually, our stated purpose is peace on Rubi-Ka at all costs. Which of course, can entail quite a bit of war and mayhem, but we also work to improve Clan-Omni-Neutral relations.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: hmm..Omni-Admin, public relations division? er....
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Peace and love- Or else?
    [Channel42] Daewen: I had actually figured us for Omni-Admin actually. Probably makes sense as an organization.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: well that's where all the hippy's would be
    [Channel42] Llucioth: True, True.
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Hippies, working for the man.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: heh
    [Channel42] Daewen: Oh yeah. Hmm. Then there was the "cake and eat it" question I had. Would it be possible for an individual to be in an organization that was in, say, Omni-Admin, but to work on contracts for SpecialOps or other departments?
    [Channel42] Daewen: Actually, I'm not a hippy. I'm a radical anti-Sentinel, but that's just me.
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Oh. Like the Hippies LOVE sentinels, then?
    [Channel42] Socialfly: heck yeah! One of the things we are hoping comes out of this, is departmental crossover assignments...or events that involve more than one department to reach the goal
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Ooooooh! Shiney!
    [Channel42] Daewen: Excellent. I likes it, I does.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: and as a Omni-Tek employee, you are more than welcome to assist the company in reaching thier corporate goals =)
    [Channel42] Llucioth: So we're hippies... with guns, essentially?
    [Channel42] Daewen: Big ones.
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Thats just me. I'm overcompensating.
    [Channel42] Daewen: Long story there. Short ending though.
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Ouch.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: Ok, well I think what I will do is try and arrange a time to meet and discuss this further with more of you guys.
    [Channel42] Daewen: But anyway, this certainly sounds quite good, and I think I can safely speak for all the OT roleplayers when I say, Bring it on and bring it quickly. :-)
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Rock, Rock on.
    [Channel42] Daewen: Excellent.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: heh I am pretty excited about it as well. Been pushing for something like this for over a year now
    [Channel42] Socialfly: its nice we are one step closer
    [Channel42] Daewen: Well, we all luff you very much for that. I can assure you.
    [Channel42] Llucioth: Ah, Much Luff indeed.
    [Channel42] Llucioth: We could dedicate a statue, or something like that.
    [Channel42] Daewen: Heh. We've even got a desk set up for you on the stage in our HQ already.
    [Channel42] Socialfly: Don't forget to pass on your love to funcom too on this. Without them we wouldn't be able to do it...and as much as it seems they may not be listening i guarantee they are =)

So there you have a bit of it. I know I'm looking forward to having more of a meeting with Socialfly and the other Omnis interested in this. Oh, and I figured I'd also add:

*MUCH LUFF TO FUNCOM*

:-)

In the Service of the People,
    Terese Ramirez

Quote Originally Posted by Xserter
    I would definetly love to get involved in this.... Given my RP characters past though, it might not be a simple task =) I think I might have to go give my old buddy Equimon a holler about getting into the OP. Sounds good. Hope it goes well. I would love to be apart of it, been looking to get back into RP ever sicne I got back from "vacation"
    (( That better we one damn good reason, in RP retrospective... :P I'll leave it to you too think about that one *cough* ))
    "I wont let my precious comrades die..."
    207|11 Equimon Solitus Soldier
    150|0 Wildcardz Atrox Enforcer
    092|0 Bloodnerve Solitus Doctor
    075|0 Layered Opifex Meta-Physist
    030|0 Gunpriest Solitus Ranged Keeper Gunpriest Chronicles <- Currently Under Construction

Very interesting Daewen

But, but... where is Omni-Med? I'd like to dedicate myself into the study of the nanobreed.
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

I think this is a great idea. In addition to getting OT folks more involved in RP, I'm sure we can find creative ways of unfairly harrassing the clans if we put our heads together, then maybe the CoT will get out of it's funk!
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

I would very much like to meet with omni players for a meet and discuss on both servers. Looking at my calender i have a opening next Saturday (Jan 15) and again on Sunday (jan 16). i would like to try and find a time zone friendly time in GMT to meet. my Suggestion is Rimor on Saturday the 15th at 21:00 GMT and Atlantian on Sunday Jan 16 21:00 GMT.

Now in order to keep these meetings somewhat structured I want to invite one guild representative from each guild interested to join the meetings. main reason is too many people in one chat can get messy and hard to pull out the bits that we want to catch.

So in order for everyone to have a voice, I suggest the Guild reps discuss this with thier members prior to the meeting and make notes on thier concerns and questions. That way you can take the information back to them as well.

If you are not in a guild, but are active in RP you can request to attend as well. I totally understand the solo player perspective =)

please post below if you want to attend the meet, what guild you represent or if you are a solo role player, and which server you are on.

Cheers

Socialfly
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Please send your feedback to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

The Starters Guide to the storyline

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

well actually I dont bother much about a 'omni' board.

but there is a question I have non the less.
    As far as I know OT officially counts us neutrals as there employees,
    therefor I wonder if we will geta seat too?
    An official representative that could relay all the complaints from the neutral citizens to the board... oh I see, guess it will never happen then.
    besides there is not nearly enough bandwith on this planet to handle the traffic this would cause.
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

I or one of my subordinates should be able to make it on either day. We'll plan for Sunday however, since we're Atlanteans.

Me, Daewen, representing the People's Republic of Redemption, Atlantean.

In the Service of the People,
    Terese Ramirez

Either I, Banishedsoul or my General Naefen representing the Disciples of Omni-Tek, should be able to attend on one of the days.. Most likely saturday as we are an Rk2 org.
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

"Demongun" Blackwind, representing the ~Society of Salvation~ on Atlantean. RP-guild, would like to attend. *grin*

-Black
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

Jacobstroud, solo player, will attend on Rimor
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Interesting...

veeewwy interesting =)
    meta "msice" gaviglia
    Loving President of the ~Society of Salvation~
    www.societyofsalvation.net

Shadehawk will represent RUR
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

This is something OT has needed for a long time - and I'm glad it's finally in the works.

My only concern is that organizations not be limited only to OT:RK affiliation, but also Omni-Prime affiliation. Some of us like to serve our Unredeemed masters directly

In any case, Lord Vayde, overseer of Project Shadow, shall attend on Rimor.
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

Thumbs up

Well about damn time Events took up on my suggestion!

When Fantaghiro took over events after Tchu stepped down, I told him to consider making a 'counterpoint' sort of project with omni players. With the same concept, no democracy, monthly meeting with Ross and evaluation of current corporate goals & tasks.

At the time Fanta said the CoT was still on a trial basis, and until they saw the player run CoT worked well...then they MAY consider my suggestion...it has taken over a year since a group of players planned, organized and actually suceeded in rebuilding a new Council of Truth.

I've had a hell of a time as one of the founders, clerical staff member (I retired in July of last year after 10 months of working on rebuilding the CoT), and representative of my clan (which I no longer am, since I stepped down as leader of my clan).

I will say that it will take a group of dedicated omni players to get the corporate project off the ground.

Here are a few suggestions:

- Get at least 5-6 People who are active to be the core group to handle meetings, announcements, etc.

- A website with basic information about each department, and forums for IC & OOC discussions will be a GREAT way of communication between department leaders as well as getting and keeping in touch with ARK Events.

- Never assume ARK will be there for you 24/7, it's just not realistic. ARK is voluntered based, and if someone has a bad day or has a RL problem...they just won't make it to meeting as a greenie, be it Ross, Ivan Sergeyich (Director of Omni-Pol) or any greenie which MAY be scheduled to appear.

- Learn to 'wing it' without ARK present, this includes 'security issues' where usually a hidden ARK will deal with players who are not meant to be in a meeting...if ARK is not there, you need to be able to convince a player to leave in a nice way.

- Clan representatives argue, they have the freedom to do that. If you are involved with the omni side, thing yourself as an EMPLOYEE...you don't argue with superiors unless you want to get fired right? Make your point, and be 'professional' about it as if your career depends on it.

- The most important thing...HAVE FUN WITH IT!

That's all from me, anything else...ask Socialfly =D
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast