Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Omni-Tek Monthly Department Meetings (Concept)

OOC: Omni-Tek Monthly Department Meetings (Concept)

Hello everyone.

Last years success with the Council Of Truth has been a joy to be a part of for the ARK-events team, so now we are interested in doing something similar for the Omni Tek population...

The concept is this. A Omni-Tek meeting with department representatives, and even Phillip Ross himself, to take place once a month. Now, one thing we have to keep in mind is Omni-Tek is not a democracy, so it would not be like the Council of Truth meetings where people get to vote on things.

The idea here is for more direct information and instructions from the Omni-Tek department you choose to affiliate with. IE: Omni-Med, Omni-Trans, Omni-Pol

The meetings would be structured in a way for each department head to outline the current plan and set direct tasks for those affiliated with them to follow. This in turn can be used by us to involve you more directly in Storyline happenings, regular events and event quests, as well give you the opportunity to do more role play with your faction.

What it will also do is introduce you to more Story characters and allow you to interact directly with them, inside the meetings and outside the meetings. complete a task for the department head and report in. Next meeting you get a nod from the bosses, and possibly a write up of your deed in the Editor news.

That is just one example...here is another.

A group of fugitives are on the loose around Rubi-ka. The head of Omni-Pol has given descriptions of them, and known locations to all the people affiliated with Omni Pol. over the course of the next month (before the next meeting) These fugitives can be found and arrested (or killed depening on the situation) and turned over to Omni-Pol. You won't know when or where they will be, but you have been given as much information as possible to help you find them.

Again these are only concepts at this moment. The purpose of this post is to gather feedback from you, about this concept and to see if there is enough interest to move forward with it.

One thing we would like to keep similar with this project and the council of truth is the player run aspect. Right now the Council of truth has a Clerical Staff who send out emails to players about meetings and happenings, have discussion forums and stay in direct contact with myself for updates on our end (they do this through a player created bot).

For the omni meetings we would also like to see player run message boards and a group of dedicated players who can stay in direct contact with us, and send out emails to those who are signed up for the meetings etc. Again, this has been a very possitive tool for the council of truth and I believe would be for the Omni meetings as well.

Please post your feedback below on this topic, and we can discuss the concept further. I myself am looking forward to this taking shape, and have wanted to see it happen for a long time. I personally think the success of the Council of Truth has been the perfect springboard to do this on the Omni side, and of course we will continue to support both as we progress through the year.

Cheers

Socialfly
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Please send your feedback to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

The Starters Guide to the storyline

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

Hurray! So glad Omni getting the fun now too!
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I like it. I like it a lot.

I know that I can speak for my own organization in saying that we have been aching to get involved in some more macrocosmic roleplay. The number of roleplay organizations on the Omni-Tek side on Atlantean has been dwindling for awhile and I think that this may well be something to revitalize us.

With regards to the two suggestions, I certainly like the ideas that have been presented, especially with regards to more involvement with the department heads. For an authoritarian corporation, Omni-Tek's various organizations haven't heard very much from our leaders. In this time of Alien Invasion, it has left us...disorganized and wondering if there is a rift between OT Rubi-Ka (Ross, OTAF, and most of the citizenry) and Omni-Prime (Unicorn Company and this puppet master who's appeared with Ross). So I think this would be an excellent step with regards to PC to storyline relations.

Then there's also the matter of PC to PC relations. I would very much enjoy having a force that would enable Omni-Tek player organizations as diverse as Omni-Pol and The People's Republic to interact with each other on a more regular basis.

That, of course, is on the organizational level. On the individual level, I think I can speak for all Omni-Tek Roleplayers when I say, "Yay!"

I will also say that I would very much enjoy being involved in an endeavor such as this one and would gladly volunteer my services to assist in any way. I'll even start now by passing the word on to my fellow rabble rousers.

In the Service of the People,
    Terese Ramirez

I could write a lot here, but I won't, since it's not really my wont to do so. However, it can all easily be summed up with one word, and that word is

WOOHOO!
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

Omni-Pol will be there, as always. Looking forward to meeting Ivan again.

I'm looking forward to many meetings, and arresting more villains, and blockading more and more clan shipments.

Protect the people - Serve the people,
    Commander Chris Thompon
    Last edited by Equimon; Jan 6th, 2005 at 05:06:50.
    "I wont let my precious comrades die..."
    207|11 Equimon Solitus Soldier
    150|0 Wildcardz Atrox Enforcer
    092|0 Bloodnerve Solitus Doctor
    075|0 Layered Opifex Meta-Physist
    030|0 Gunpriest Solitus Ranged Keeper Gunpriest Chronicles <- Currently Under Construction

Hehe, nice that omni finally gets some of the love....Still, I can't help but be worried by the status of the CoT on Rimor, nothing ever seems to happen there anymore...no events, no nothing. Is ark gonna be able to do the Omni version of this and the clan version at the same time? Sounds daunting o.o
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

((ooc))

This is an awesome step in the right direction I love the whole thing.

But,(yes theres always a but) I think maybe AO as a entirety would benefit more ,roleplaywise, if all three servers had theyre meetings together. That way enough people would come I think to really kick it into life again.
    What server should we all meet and when??
    Well the obvious choice is still Atlantean to me Im afraid. Even though I am a Rimorian. It really is a minimum effort to create a character on Atlantean server for us Rimorians and I should think all that want to go would do so.
    Time of meeting is extremely important. There are people in AO from all over the world with steady jobs in RL witch really dont have the chance to do a allnighter or skip work just to attend a meeting. Therefore I feel its a crucial point to have the meetings on different times of day each time. Have the meeting fit the Americans one month and the Europeans another month. The third month do a inbetween meeting. I cant say how important this is.

You already said,like most of us know, that Omni is not a democracy. I think its great that you intend to keep it that way in those planned meetings. GREAT!

The whole idea makes me squirm in my seat actually

Like someone else said above all of this could be summed up with one word.....

WOHOOO!!!
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Sweeet!! I'd love to get to work closer with Omni-Med! This sounds like a really great idea.
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

Glad to see this has caught some interest already =)

"Is ark gonna be able to do the Omni version of this and the clan version at the same time?"

Yes we will be able to do both..but certainly on different dates. the omni meetings will not be arranged on the same days as the Council Of Truth meetings.

the trick is balance. I will admit that the last year the clans got a lot of attention from us, and mostly because the council of truth project was so fresh and new and developed more so throughout the year. The things we learned from this, are going to help us with this project.

The key I think, is the co-operation between us and the players. Without the Clerical staff, the council of truth would not have been as successful as it has, and I feel this will be the same for the omni board. (I am aware of the situation with the Rimor Council of truth, and it is still a priority for me to work with the clerical staff there to boost it too)

Also because the omni meetings are more instructional and direct than the council meetings are, this leaves us in a much better position when planning the meetings than with the council. Where the majority of topics for discussion are created by the players who are involved, Omni-tek will be running the agenda here.
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Please send your feedback to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

The Starters Guide to the storyline

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

CoT isn't ARK driven, it's player driven, so if nothing's happening on Rimor, slap your local CoT reps and clerical staff people and get them to make things happen.

Two thumbs up for Omni-Tek Board of Directors.

**crys in her beer** An I meesed a direct message from Socialfly I am going to be crying all week now.

Ooh, Ms Eva Pourais!

*Dr Silvia adjusts her uniform in front of a mirror at her apartment and smiles to herself*
    Faithfully Yours,
    Dr Silvia, Omni-Reform

Sounds fantastic Socialfly!

(bleh, edited out stuff... I found out I was just repeating Socialfly. )

I love the idea of making OT feel more like a corporation, and actually meet/see Philip Ross, Ivan Sergeyitch and the folks. The chance to be a mindless drone in oppressive and greedy supercorporation was the reason I chose Omni-Tek in the first place.

The tasks set by the OT leaders (ARKs) I see as kind of macro-missions, but in a more dynamic world, rather than the missions from terminals, not to mention the difference in scale. ARKs can also maneuver the two factions into same stories/schemes, since CoT has not have as much contact as I expected with Omni-Tek.
    Last edited by Virta; Jan 6th, 2005 at 14:51:46.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

This does sound very interesting, and I do hope to find some way to get involved.
    Keep the good RP rollin'!

-Cham
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

Woohoo! This sounds great! Of course, this probably means now I need to go and find an organization to join... *grumbles*

Oh well, hoorah for more roleplay!
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

*applauds*

Lets hope those stinking omnis dont ruin theirs. (( :P ))

((Seriously though, Omni has needed something like this for a long time now. Thanks to ARK for helping everyone get involved! ))

(Thanks Social, good to hear I'm always on standby over here, hehe.....Sooo.....whenever )
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Well Now tha I can think again...
    This is a great thing for us finally....

This has great opertunities for all who like RP an were omni that felt basically left out. The idea of taking orders from leader of the company. Quit frankly I am really shocked this hasnt happend before.
    What company allowes there employees to go on ... an on ... an ... on an on without any structure or guidlines? Especially when they are fighting a war on two fronts.

This is of course very welcome. The worlds of mmorpgs are terribly static places, we need incidents, issues and personalities to stir things up and get people talking.

I am a little concerned that Neutrals are being excluded. The Neutral roleplaying community is comparable in size and quality to both Clan and Omni, we should not leave them out in the cold yet again, they have been neglected too often.

If this idea is still at the thinking stage, maybe these meetings could be run by the ICC, perhaps as way to prepare for the of post-Omni era. Remember Omni lease on Rubi-Ka is running out, it is time to start planning for the future.

Of course Omni-Tek would have a major stake in any ICC meetings about Rubi-Ka, not only is OT the biggest ICC mega-corporation but it hold the lease to the planet. However this way we could include Neutral orgs as well as NPC (greenies) from Sol Banking, TruSpace other mega-corporations. Just think of think about the possibilities for political intrigue!
    Last edited by Savoy; Jan 6th, 2005 at 22:38:20.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast