Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Introducing Project NEAMO

[ Roflmao!!!!!!! ]
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

-Press Release-

35 Yalmahas arrived this morning at fixergrid 3 in Wailing Wastes.
    The vehicles lined up along the river and started moving west towards the NEAMO-sludge.
    At the edge of the sludge First Order personnel in protective suits deployed from the vehicles.
    Each one held a green bar. They aimed their bars at the edge of the
    sludge and executed a nanoprogam. Clouds of watervapour
    and carbondioxide appeared as the sludge disappeared. A smell of soap filled the air.
    After about 30 minutes 10% of the sludge had gone. The group then gathered and warped out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edliner

First Order! Cleaning Clanners since 29210!

To all concerned re: NEAMO Incident

RUR applaud the actions of First Order and their patented hi-tek soap, the FOO bar. This action came as the result of very complicated deal involving Devils Advocate, First Order and RUR involving money, shares and more Kit Kats than you can shake a stick at.

In the meantime we are slowly trying to put together the money to pay 2.6 million credit to pay the Omni-Pol's fine. It'sd not going to be easy, but I think we can just about do it without losing our town.

Investigations are in still in progress as to the cause of the disaster and foul play at this stage cannot yet be ruled out.

This should close the chapter over the environmental impact of this incident. If the Wailing Wastes still just look like one big toxic dump, that's simply the way it was even before NEAMO. It's saddly ironic that it took this incident to draw attention to the state of the Wailing Wastes.

Dabblez

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Further Updates Implicate The Assembly

To all parties concerned
    Re: NEAMO Investigation

Now that the damage caused by the NEAMO oil spill has been cleaned up, we have been focusing our attention on the causes of this disaster. The results make for an interesting read and may once suggest The Assembly knows more about this incident than they care to reveal.

We have identified this to a malfunction in the maintenance robots working at the NEAMO site. Among said robots, mostly reconditioned models returned to RUR from their owners, we found had been infected by a computer virus.

Tracking back to the original source of the infection lead us to a specific model Pfft! Robot which had been previously owned by a neutral citizen called Irathel. We asked Omni-Pol to help us find Irathel so we could question him. Omni-Pol's general Jadeshimmer revealed to us that they already knew the man, as she and several other police officer had been involved in a recent, violent altercation between Irathel and Tussa, the leader of the Assembly.

If we can establish that Irathel and Tussa knew each other, then we can establish that the Assembly had the means, motive and opportunity to cause this virus infection of our robots and consequently are to be considered responsible for the oil spill. Means: we have no doubt the Assemby hackers with the ability to design computers viruses. We have evidence of them even trying, and failing, to break into our systems via RUR's AI , Xerves. Motive: It has been well documented that the Assembly disapprove of Clan investors having financial ties with RUR. Opportunity: If Tussa does indeed know Irathel, then it is safe to assume she may have had access to his robot at some point. The fact that RUR Pfft! Range was to be recalled to factory was public knowledge. Who is to say she did not use this opportunity to infect the robot and discredit our company?

Of course this is still conjecture. We at RUR would still very much like to interview Irathel and hopefully get to the bottom of this sordid affair. If the link to the Assembly is proven, we will demand they pay half of the fine (1.3 million credits) imposed on by Omni-Pol over this incident.

Regards,

Dabblez

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots

Here we go againnnn, Same ol' shhh just a different day, here we go againnn,

I really wonder...you had to take all the bots back, because they mallfunctioned. Now they mallfunction and cause an oil spill and again you blame us for this?

*walks off singing*

Here we go againnnn...
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Quote Originally Posted by Tussa
    [sadly enough, I think Irathel has left the game]
    [Hmm... how convenient for you. The plot thickens! ]
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Virta
    [Hmm... how convenient for you. The plot thickens! ]
    [*snicker* While I would love to say "Aye, indeed" I can't.

The signal rang. She didn't know why there would be such a ringing tone, as the call was hardly placed through physical lines, gridconnections or local signal routers. Calling home to Miralen was a long process with lots of dispatching through some sort of intergalactic central of radio signals or whatnot...she would never understand. That it worked was all she cared about. There was a faint click, and then the voice of Reed, her fathers personal secretary rang through.

"Office of Aarman Godfray, how may I help?"
    "Hiya Reed, it's Jenny"
    "Miss Jenae! How lovely to hear from you again. I hope all is well with you over there on that..planet?"
    "Yeah, I'm fine, Reed. How's mom and the twins?"
    "Oh, they're doing very well, Miss Jenae. Mrs. Godfray has recently taken an interest in sculpting and is doing quite well, and Masters Rory and Deckan are busy preparing for their final exams."
    "Oh wow, yeah...they're growing up, aren't they..."
    "Turning eighteen this fall, yes."

They chatted a little bit. He was clearly glad to hear from her again. Reed had always been part of her family to her, like an uncle sorta, always around during her and her brothers' childhood. After a few minutes she asked to speak to her father, and Reed patched her through.

"Godfray!" her father barked.
    "Hi daddy...it's me."
    "Jennypuff! How's my darling daughter?" he chippered back, his voice very different from the initial one. She had always had this effect on him. Daddy's Little Girl.
    "Daa-ad...don't call me that...I'm almost twenty years old..." she sighed.
    "You'll always be my little baby and you know it. No argueing. So...how's my favorite redhead doing? Tell me everything!"
    "I thought mom was your favorite redhead, daddy..."
    "Well, she's not a natural redhead, you know that. These days, she more a copperhead to be honest. Anyway...bring that sweet face up on the holoscreen, Jennypuff. It's been too long since I saw you"

She cringed. She didn't look forward to telling her dad what she had to tell him and sh would rather not see his expression. He could get mighty mad if he wanted.

"Uhm..it's...eh...my comlink is broken. Anyway...I'm fine. The clan's good, my education is good, the council is good. All is well."
    "Lovely, lovely. Will you be coming home for summer vacation, darling?"

She sighed and shifted. Just as well to tell him. She didn't want to. She hated the idea, but no amount of tracking or grid search had come up with where Clyburn had put the credits and it was nothing she could do about it whatsoever. With Omni-Pol's pathetic excuse for investigations and ICC filing it as "too local", she was left on bare ground.

"Uhm..daddy..there is something I have to tell you..."
    "Yes?"
    "My..eh...trustfund..."
    "Oh yes...I hope you're managing it well over there. I hear the cost of living has increased with those towns you're building and.." he chattered, oblivious to the tone in her voice.
    "Daddy...it's gone. The trustfund is gone..." she said, the lump in her throat growing.

He was quiet for around a minute before he said anything.

"Gone...did...did you spend it all?"
    "No, daddy! You could say I was robbed...I..something happened and it..."

She went on to tell him the story, between tears, about how she had been robbed for two hundred and one million, seven hundred and twentyfour thousand, eighthundred and sixtysix credits.

Trybes sat on the red leather couch in the dark corner of the Heads or Tails nightclub in the Omni Red Light District, his arms draped over two very beautiful, highly cosmetically augmented girls both naked except for the meager fabrics of their thongs. Pulsing lights, thick smoke, and a vast bio-mass of people dancing to loud bass heavy music made his already cloudy head swim.

The table in front of them was littered with empty liquor bottles, crushed cans, and dozens of shot glasses spread out like trophies of a night well spent. The girls were drunk and busied themselves running their hands over his chest, pushing back the fine silk material of his suit and popping the buttons off his shirt. He was too drunk to care about the shirt, he was happy, he was drunk and he was rich.

He had recently came into a hefty sum of money, two hundred and one million, seven hundred and twenty-four thousand, eight hundred and sixty-six credits to be exact. One hundred and eighty million he invested, another twenty million he scattered to multiple secure bank accounts off planet. The rest of his hard earned credits he kept on him, he wished he could turn the credits into a tangible form so he could take these two girls home to roll around in all that money. It was a shame he had to take all that money from the clanner girl, she was cute and Trybes was sure he had started falling for her.

There was also the matter of R.U.R., he had recently bartered a deal between them and the First Order organization. R.U.R. had agreed to give Devil’s Advocates a large sum of stock of their company in exchange to clean up the mess they made in the Wailing Wastes and First Order had given DA a large sum of money to get R.U.R. to place their technology into their bots. He wasn’t sure how this technology worked, some sort of subliminal messaging of some sort, he didn’t care one bit as long as DA’s technical advisors said it worked and that they had successfully reversed engineered it to sell on the black market for more profit.

The R.U.R. stock was a different matter all together, the company hadn’t made money in years and the stock was all but useless; however with some help for some shady business dealings Trybes was sure that he and DA could easily make money off this brand and even get a majority control of the company through the stocks.

Trybes moved his arms from around the girls, reached over the table a poured another round of drinks for the group, gave a drunken cheer to himself and downed the liquid. He smiled coyly and leaned back into the arms of his girls. It was good to be rich.
    Last edited by Trybes; Apr 16th, 2005 at 05:39:49.

To whom it may concern

Re: The NEAMO Incident

There will be a brief RUR press conference on Friday 22nd at 23:00 GMT ( 7 Pm EDT) in Newland City, next to Neuters r Us during which will we reveal our latest findings from the NEAMO incident and take questions from the public.

Dabblez
    Rubi-Ka Universal Robots

((Sorry this should have been put up a week or so ago, I'm slacking ))

Seemed ironic how cold the desert sand got at night, as well as the air. Nothing could be heard for kilometers except his own slow paced drawing of breath. The sky was clear and still. It struck him suddenly that he had been staring at the stars for almost a half an hour. So relaxing. He almost forgot this silly "mission" he was on. A you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours kinda deal. His curiosity would more then likely be the end of him, but in this case he had nothing to lose.

He punched the commands into the unregistered comunit, and connected with his target. the security programs were a snap to disable, and the download went off without a hitch. After the process finished he plugged the comlink up to the inanimate bot on the ground in front of him. A grin crossed his face thinking about how once again he contributed to being a thorn in Loccin Water's side. His breath crystallized in front of him from the cold air and the unit flashed showing the upload was complete. Kotts tapped in one last command while terminating the link between the bot and the comlink, and tossed the device into the sand.

The comlink began to make a winding sound increasing in volume and speed until it began to vibrate and smoke. There was a loud pop like a gun shot, pieces of the com unit flew all over the area from the violent explosion. It was time to make the delivery. Kotts lift his wrist mounted comlink to his mouth. " Ok it's done, where do you want to pick it up at?" The voice responded and He answered back. "Fine I'll find a place, don't forget your part of the deal".

Below is the full text of the press release made RUR on Friday in Newland City.

A few weeks ago we started an investigation into the causes of the NEAMO incident. We have identified this to a malfunction in the maintenance robots working at the NEAMO site. Among said robots, mostly reconditioned Pfft! robots returned to RUR from their owners, we found had been infected by a computer virus.

Tracking back to the original source of the infection lead us to a specific model Pfft! Robot which had been previously owned by a neutral citizen called Irathel. We asked Omni-Pol to help us find Irathel so we could question him. Omni-Pol's general Jadeshimmer revealed to us that they already knew the man, as she and several other police officer had been involved in a recent, violent altercation between Irathel and Tussa, the leader of the Assembly.

This seemed a very exciting finding. The Irathel link showed that the Assembly had the means, motive and opportunity to cause this virus infection of our robots and consequently are to be considered responsible for the oil spill.

As it were, this has turned out to be a red herring. Further tests have shown revealed that the robot sold to Irathel was had in fact infected before it was shipped out to him. The source of the infected was tracked down to a RUR employee, who shall remain nameless, carelessly downloading pr0n from the grid at work.

So where does this leave us?

1. A public appology to the Assembly is due for alleging they were involved in an act of sabotage, though their behaviour was more than enough for use to suspect foul play.

2. We will try to arrange with Omni-Pol for our 2.6 million fine to be commuted to a set number of hour of community service.

3. Research on alien motor oil will be suspended for now. While the NEAMO oil spill was just the result of an accident and alien-based lubricants may still be the way forward, the event surrounding NEAMO may have turned public opinion against this invention.

Thank you for your attention.

Dabblez

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots

/ooc

When so many people are working on the same stroyline in parallel, it is hard to tell when the story had truly run its course. However this story fades away I would like to express my special thanks Dracostrife. Although he did not feature very prominentely in the adventure, it was his original idea which got the ball rolling.

To whom it may concern

Official press statement

Following the press release from RUR on Friday April 22nd, 29479, the clan Assembly hereby withdraws any the open bounties on all employees in RUR. This does not mean our political views are altered, but we will no longer pay out any reward in the event of any RUR employee is sent to reclaim.

The oilspill incident is indeed a tragic one, both for the fauna and ecosystem in Wailing Wastes, and for the personnel involved. We can only hope the culprits are caught. While it is established that RUR was not directly involved in the spill, their behaviour and consequencing actions are still objectionable.

The bounty on the shade Ravvyn 'Sundai' Div will still stand.

Tir, April 27th 29479

Jenae Godfray, President - Assembly

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar

Epilogue

"er... Boss!" shouts Slotine as she leans over the bar counter to catch Dabblez walking by. "Can I have a word with you?"

A reluctant sigh escapes from Dabblez. "Sure, but make it quick, we've got a lot work to do and a fine to pay off."

"Okay okay... well... considering we had quite a lot of left over supplies from that.. um..." Slotine looks about and leans closer to Dabblez to spell out in a whisper "N.E.A.M...."

Rolling her eyes, Dabblez interrupts, "Oh quit it, you know we already went public with that. There's nothing to hide anymore."

Slotine blinks at the remark and stands there staring at Dabblez. Several moments pass before Dabblez finally gives in and asks "Randa, what was it you wanted?"

"Oh... oh!" recalls Slotine suddenly. "We'll with all that stuff laying around, I decided to experiment a little. A dash of tobasco here, a bit of oil there - oh btw, thanks for the food processor, it makes grinding monster parts much easier - anyways, where was I? Oh yes... here you go."

The RUR bartender reaches under the counter and produces a bottle of RUR.Cola, which she slaps on the counter in front of Dabblez. "What is that?"

Slotine starts to giggle maniacally and between fits "why, it's our latest product of course! I figure we can Di-versify. And to boot, it also greases robots!" The giggling continues.

Minutes pass before the giggling dies down enough for Dabblez to ask "Randa, have you been sampling your own concoctions again?"

Slotine blinks at the remark and stands there staring at the woman across from her. Suddenly, an outburst "er... Boss! Can I have a word with you?"
    Last edited by slotine; May 9th, 2005 at 21:52:43.
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456