Thread: A New look at Permanent killing.

A New look at Permanent killing.

With having seen permanent-killing weapons in the game the idea intrigued me.
    If some kind of system could be implemented that wouldn't delete your character permanently per-say but just prevent your character from respawning/logging in for a day or so when hit by only permanent killing weapons.
    Have these weapons still only do 1-2 damage though.
    It would add a nice element of terrain movement as both Omni and Clan could take control of areas without having the immediate threat of characters coming back to attack without having proper organization of larger reinforcement groups.
    (characters that have not been 'permanently killed')

They will never do it.
    Funcom's policy (one of them at least) is to do what they can to keep the playerbase playing the game....this would be doing the opposite.

yah i guess.
    ahh well.
    Just interested me personally.
    I'd like an aspect like that in the game, I can see how many others would hate it though.
    *shrugs* people want realism but not 'too much' realism.
    people want psuedo-realism.

Well, you can, of course, impose this sort of structure on your own characters, no?

"but just prevent your character from respawning/logging in for a day or so when hit by only permanent killing weapons."

It would be a very bad thing and no one would like it. This is why no newer mmorpg has had jails or "die and be a ghost in hell and have to find your way out". It is not fun. It is not challenging. It is just time consuming and play interrupting. Not being able to play for a day when the GAME chooses you can't is just not fun.

"Gee, I'd like to play today.. oh.. I can't?"

*cancel*

People want more freedom in games of this type, not less. Perm death, or variants of it, does not happen because its a very bad idea.

"With having seen permanent-killing weapons in the game"

? What? There are perm killing weapons in the game? I hope this is not true.

*cancel*

Maybe Lagorin is referring to mission descriptions? Some "kill a person" missions mention that the target posesses a Permenent Killing weapon. If memory serves, he wields it and hits you with it - but it doesn't do anything special. It's just a generic knife or something.

So, it's just a little bit of fiction, explaining why you've gotta kill the guy.

Which reminds me, anyone seen the assasination missions that are written in the form of a l33t d00d challenging you, complete with horrible typos and l33t-speak? I got a kick out of those.

the second that would be implemented (which it never will) your going to have exploiters and general lvl200 a$$e$ picking of lowbies just so they can cause greif
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!