Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm starting to get a little tired of hearing....

Thanks for the reply, Truwind

Truwind, I agree with your comments about players being jealous of your place in the spotlight. Human nature I guess. Also, I understand the kind of pressure (both in game, and personal) it must have put on you during that trial (shudder).

As for the actions of random individuals of the guild - unless everyone in the guild is willing to abide by its decrees, and role play ALL the time, then stuff like this is bound to happen. Its just a pity that some players aren't taking their responsibilities seriously... (DC isn't the only group up for this criticism though...)

As you so rightly say you have a big place in the player-driven story on RK1. I hope that you can do something good with it - it would be a pity to waste the chance.

And, by the way I do not envy you being the leader of a guild in this situation - I would hate to even have to try... (well, thats not actually true - I would love to try, but I don't think I would be able to handle it any better than you have...)
    Last edited by The Interactor; Dec 11th, 2001 at 23:52:14.
    The Interactor

"If it was easy, then everyone would do it"

OOC:
    I have no personal opinion about DC or truwind since I dont know any of them personaly. And my only two comments would be.

A) It is good that someone acts as the hardcore fanatic

B) It would be even greater if the whole guild would try to act some more IC. Then again, I my self being a hardcore RP:er and actor, I know I cant expect to much from others.

But I have to say that they seem to have fun while doing whatever they do, and that cant be wrong, can it?

You tired hearing about them, and think thay got to much attention? Well, then ignore them, and take your own place in the spotlight.

I have no problems feeling in Im in the spotlight, and I never been seen in any Funcom sponsored articles. But still I have "members" and "followers" from all over RK1. I got tells and information from all folks within different guilds.

It all depends on what you make for yourself. DC made theire own break at the story, and got (kinda) famous, and I have made my own break and got (kinda) famous. So Im not a "planetary celebraty" like some others might be, but then again, I never aimed to be, since I knew 39999 others would have that intention.

Instead I made my own story, and have somewhat of a succes at that. Hell! I got "followers" in TBA and DC and had quite an intresting time during this whole situation, and there were no FC sponsored events at all...

So if I can make this work, why shouldnt you be able? Common, its easier then you think, and its hellofalot more fun, then just get the story served before you.
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

((OOC: I love the politics. I love the line of where things are going. Yes things are starting off quiet in the way of war, just a bunch of people yelling political slogans... but that my friend is how they all start. WWII started with a bunch of catchy slogans and bitter feelings at how people were being treated... then suddenly the blitzkrieg happened one day and war was unofficially declared. The Palestinian and Israel conflict really resembles what is happening in AO right now, Leaders screaming for peace yet rogue groups are commiting suicide murders, which cause a mass retaliation, which cause more terrorism which causes... well you see where I'm going. Anarchy first starts with words, then a few skirmishes, finally after no one can take it, it devolves into what it truely is, full scale anarchy.

Now on to Dark Carnival, who cares? Yes they caused problems and in the story Omni-Tech "SAID" they were being punished... but it just might be that they weren't really a part of the story too? I mean Omni is a big corp and will do as they please all the while spin doctoring to make it seem different [God I love playing Omni-Tech ].

If your tired of hearing about DC, then do something and send it in to AO to publish on the site. If you are a loyal OT, then find the infidel DC members and met out justice for the masses and ofr the OT way for not taking punishment the proper way. If you are Clan do the same. If you agree with what DC is doing make alliances with them and go out and cause mischief together, If you are tired of hearing the situation with them make your OWN situation and become a part of the story, Funcom makes the main plots and base structure for the story.... we are the ones that create the subplots.... and sometimes, sometimes our subplots become major plots.))

"Of course I want peace! I just want to raise a little Stefan by a fireplace and live the dream....

Its up to the big wigs on how they make that peace... whether its them talking blue in the face until the other guy just can't talk anymore, or they ask me to help..."

*Strokes the butt of his rifle and locks a clip of ammo in it.*

"Hey! Was that a Duster? I thought he dropped something."

*KraKOOM*

*Silohouette of an ant sized person drops like a log*

"Shoot! I thought for sure he was... but ID said differently.... Oh well, you never know. Can't be to careful now a days."

Ah haha

I can never get tired of reading these boards. Anyone? Can anyone else agree? There is not a bit of happiness. If there aren't enough events and not enough players changing the story people complain like, well, you know. Then some players manage to change the story line/be involved and people complain about that. If DC didn't do anything, we'd all be holding hands singing songs. Get me a Clanner and I'll trun him into bacon strips!

As a few others, I have no Organization yet, and I still support DC. They did something with the game like they were meant to. They were involved enough in the game which got the attention of the higher-ups and changed the story in their own way. If I was at the head of DC during these times, I'd say you're all jealous because your idea of power-leveling and mission running isn't getting you noticed by the Higher-Ups. I'd be one helluva proud guild leader.

Cheers to the Guilds who are still trying!!
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12