Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: --==(( A Fair PvP Title System ))==--

Lightbulb --==(( A Fair PvP Title System ))==--

Edit: This thread is now obsolete due to the thread

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...147#post558147

, thus i sign out and quit my Q&A basis routine and hope this troll/rant polluted thread will be forgotten, and be dieing into the deepness of the gigantic ocean of threads in the forum.
    -------------------
    This Solution promotes playing AO is it is to be played on a WAR setting.

Soldiers should kill Soldiers and leave Civiliens out of it.

Harry,who is without a Title, will gain PvP points upon killing a Titled OR Un-Titled Person, thus becoming Titled himself.

After Harry is titled he will LOOSE PvP points upon killing an innocent un-titled person.

However if an Un-Titled person attacks Harry FIRST, Harry MUST defend himself, right? In this case, he will infact GAIN PvP points IF he manages to kill the Non-Titled agressor.

If the un-titled person kills Harry, Harry will loose some PvP-Points and the Un-Titled person will get a gain in PvP Points.

If a Titled person attacks Harry, then the normal PvP Rulez apply.

Only through this way, will ''PvP'' be kept pure, and not turned it into ''Griefing''.

If poeple flame me on these points, then i swear i'm gonna go play Neocron instead cuz they use a similar system for PvP.
    Last edited by Natelie; Jul 12th, 2002 at 12:54:48.
    @-----}----,---'------------
    For Ragnar Tornquist, the Visionaer.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--
    N00b, but HardCore Fixer, RK1.

Red face

A anti pvp'er posting pvp ideas...

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?
    SS - Grandmaster of Fall Damage

Property of the Devil

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for anyone drops to zero

OMG shes still at it?!?!? She died once in a PvP zone that she choose to enter, and has tried to hurt PvP (even to remove some PvP zones) ever since. WTF does she think the games whole story is based on? Let them fight. Heck, there are not even alot of zones for Clan and Omni to fight in as it is.

If you don't want to take part in the war between Omni and the Rebels, stay out of the very few zones where it does take place. And no PvPers want to hear any advice from someone that has more hate for us than anyone else.

/me sticks foot in mouth
    geghahgakjs!
    214 MA - 3305|Kilotone | Kilotone

Pajama Party

Re: --==(( A Fair PvP Title System ))==--

Here is another one of Natelie's quotes from the fixer forum that was posted just today...

Originally posted by Natelie
    Adrenalin, i do not blame u for ur Hatred, for all poeple (except Fixers =P ) are all cold blooded Griefers (Terrorists), who hurt ur faith in humanity.....

Then you would see lotsa untitled ppl running around having a shoot at the neophytes and laugh when they can't kill them because they will lose pvp points (YAY!!!!!!)
    its what we always have wanted; a carebear system

Originally posted by Wrob
    Then you would see lotsa untitled ppl running around having a shoot at the neophytes and laugh when they can't kill them because they will lose pvp points (YAY!!!!!!)
    its what we always have wanted; a carebear system
    However if an Un-Titled person attacks Harry FIRST, Harry MUST defend himself, right? In this case, he will infact GAIN PvP points IF he manages to kill the Non-Titled agressor.

Please Pay Attention Wrob.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

Re: --==(( A Fair PvP Title System ))==--

If poeple flame me on these points, then i swear i'm gonna go play Neocron instead cuz they use a similar system for PvP.
    I flame you ...bye Natelie.

ops, you´re still here ?!

well *sign* have a look at this then: Honor & Crime System
    You will find some real good ideas there and some links to related topics too.

In fact, I´m quite tired about the same discussion again; why don´t you try to assemble 2 or 3 possiblities about PvP, start a poll and try to contact FunCom 'Look, 2000 players wanna see this change' instead of asking for flames?

I know you love getting flamed natelie, but writing a good flame is work too and even Crispy seems to loose interest, dear

have a nice day

who the **** is Ragnar Tornquist anyway???
    Last edited by Holmgehirr; Jul 7th, 2002 at 09:28:32.

A POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD IDEA HOLMGEHIRR!

Ur a genious. =))))))))))

*Speeds off to the Poll thing*

And thanks for the link!! =)

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

I remember once someone titled ganked one of my lower level characters for no reason really. So i logged on a high level character and ganked him resulting in the loss of his title. Now thats what i call revenge. Was funny cause the person went on ranting how i ganked them.

Intrepid......

I never thought i'd EVER say this but.... Ur a kewl Ganker.

I like you. lol

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

eek sorry You post so much that I only can se fragrances of every post before I'm bored but please stop your posting about this subject now. it will never be in the game.. deal with it

Intrepid......

I never thought i'd EVER say this but.... Ur a kewl Ganker.

I like you. lol
    Ahhhh... so your real nature comes out. I've been watching these threads with some amusement for as the duration you've been posting your drivle. So you agree with ganking if its in revenge... but are against ganking in period. :P Errr... excuse me.. kind of hypocritical. Maybe you're all on this huffy puffy anti-pvp outrage only because you don't have a higher level char that you can use to gain revenge. Bahhh... 2 wrongs does not make a right no matter how you look at it. And no, I don't PVP at all.

Interesting thoughts..but

Well, I've been playing this game since a week after release last year. I've died and won my share of times in pvp areas. Some of the ideas you propose are interesting, however the fact that you seem to think that all people only pvp for titles/points disturbs me. I for example pvp for fun, heh not much else to do at title lvl 6. If the system you are proposing got implemented the pvp community as small as it already is would get even smaller. A large portion of people pvp just to kill members of the other faction. After all there is an ongoing conflict in this game, and titles really mean nothing. To say that pvp'ing for anything but points is "griefing" is ridiculous. If you are of the opposing faction and in a zone that enables me to attack you..I will. One thing about pvp that I do think needs to be changed though is the lvl cap. A lvl 75 has absolutely no chance against someone well into title lvl 5 and 6. They need to raise the cap to at least lvl 100 and change it so that tl 5 and 6 people can only attack people one tl above or below them. You can have a hella lotta fun in group battles in Camelot or 2ho. Besides even with the current system..if you get killed in a 25% or 0% zone, you have no one to blame but yourself. With the fixes to the grace period anyone high enough lvl to get ganked by a lvl 200 should have a Yalm and be able to fly out of range within the grace timer..even with Lag. No offense, but from reading this post and your past post. You just seem to want PvP removed from this game completely, without even having tried it yourself. Just wait until you hit the higher lvls and are bored out of your mind and decide to try it. You may infact enjoy it.

Re: Interesting thoughts..but

To PvP for fun is as it should be. But if a lvl 200 have fun killing a lvl 100 while he/she was just trying to runaway I d question his motives of having fun. Probably he/she likes to beat 10 year old kids in RL as well. PvP should be dueling or organized Team battles. I think what Natelie suggested was a good approach.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

-Swire

FINALLY someone get's it.

Thank u Sware.

But I'ma give up this fight anyhow. Everyone's a bully, even on the boards so I'll just give it up.

It's hopeless.

-Dwraith
    ''You just seem to want PvP removed from this game completely, without even having tried it yourself.''

At first i did want to, but later I just wanted to De-Bullyarize PvP and make it fun.... Like this post suggests.

''Just wait until you hit the higher lvls and are bored out of your mind and decide to try it. You may infact enjoy it. ''

I am a MA with maxed out Dimach, tho it's gonna be hard for me to slap it on a Agent/Fixer/Beaurocrat/Trader/NT.......

Would appreciate some tips. I'm thinking I should finally stop whining and put on a Bandana saying:
    ''--==((Lez get Funkay))==--''
    and fight evil clanners to help fellow Omni's have a safe trip through 2HO.

I will also promise to myself that i won't kill a low Level Clanner unless he has a Title....

And besides... I won't PvP for the title now because i got shot so many times that i can forget about getting even Freshman. lol.

I was thinking Maxing out Concealement and Dimach......... Then use a Parry shield after Concealement is used up.....

Sneak up to an agent and place my nasty palm on his chest.... then de-cloak infront of him and splat his heart out of his chest with dimach, having his heart splat bloody on the wall behind him.......

lol

Naw. I'd prolly get owned.

I'm too low of a level anyways.

But hey. *Eats some chocolate to make herself feel better*

I wanna drop the Anti- PvP subject, K?

Not because I agree that PvP is fun, but because i'm tired of getting flamed. I'm getting depressions from these Forums.
    Sheesh......

-Majiir

''Maybe you're all on this huffy puffy anti-pvp outrage only because you don't have a higher level char that you can use to gain revenge.''

And therefore U should show some understanding that i'm not feeling very bright about this game, cuz i simply suck at it, okay?

But obviously U find it very amusing to flame me down like that, which doesn't make u a better or ''cooler'' person. U think ur so ubber now doncha?

'':P Errr... excuse me.. kind of hypocritical. ''

Urgh, it's like as if you are the male version of a California Valley Blondie... It's like.... '':P Errr... excuse me.. kind of hypocritical.'', you know? Acting Posh today are we?

''So you agree with ganking if its in revenge... but are against ganking in period.''

If u think that way, then u haven't paid attention to what i have written, like all other flamers do.

''Ahhhh... so your real nature comes out. ''

Look who's talking. Ur a snotty rude fellah arencha?

-Wrob
    ''it will never be in the game.. deal with it''

That's why I'ma join Neocron AS SOON as it comes out. =)

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

-Swire

FINALLY someone get's it.

Thank u Sware.

But I'ma give up this fight anyhow. Everyone's a bully, even on the boards so I'll just give it up.

It's hopeless.

You're the only bully here Natelie with your non-stop attacks against PvPers. Often there is a new thread with a new idea right when you find out no one likes your old idea. The idea of removing PvP didn't work, so you been trying to lessen it. No ones that takes part in the battle between Omni and the Rebels agrees with you much. Heck, even the ones that don't PvP can't even agree with you much. You're here for one thing, and that's to hurt PvP as much as possible. If that means in very small ways, you will take whatever you can get.

I'm interested in hearing ideas for PvP, from PvPers who care about it. Not from someone who has called us Osama, Terrorists, Black and living in the Ghetto (which you said to me once) and every other kind of remark you have used.

What I think about PvP, is that level restrictions should go up to level 200 so level 75s can PvP too. But this is not the thread to talk about it to say the very least.

Angry

- Mor
    ''Not from someone who has called us Osama, Terrorists, Black and living in the Ghetto (which you said to me once) and every other kind of remark you have used.''

Sorry but that's the impression that i get... Care to prove otherwise?

I'm not racist. If u think i'm racist, Fine. Make me a racist then. Give me that name, THEN we'll see who's the bully!

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

Question

P.S.

-Mor

Since ur so constructive, why don't u prevent urself from degenerating into a troll and explain me WHY my proposed system would ''Remove PvP'' ?

Again, Mor... As i stated aprox 4 times in the past (But no one bothered to read and comprehend) I was against PvP AT FIRST.

A-T F-I-R-S-T

But then

T-H-E-N

I decided not to because i saw that most poeple liked the idea of spoiling low level players fun by killing them. =)

Therefore i proposed the above system which promotes PvP in a war setting, following the traditional morale codex of war, which protects the innocent from getting killed, having the soldiers of Omni-Tek fight ONLY Clanner soldiers and Vice versa.

This promotes a storyline and organizations and more events.

But what you are doing Mor, is defending those who prey on ordinary poeple. Those who do not wish to PvP.

I know to stay out of a PvP zone, but you ultimately know aswell as I, that the PvP-ers true intentions are to have an unfair advantage over their Victims and use this to gain points.

Not everyone is like that. But there are VERY few honorable PvP-ers out there and their numbers are diminishing, because they do not udnerstand why other PvP-ers should gain a higher Title then them in a shorter time?

It's not the practical thing that disturbs me anymore.... It's the intentions of players that scare me.

My point is that I am trying to rule out ANY possibilities of innocent poeple being praid on, without disturbing the PvP community to their cause.

Why can't the blood thirsty kill amongst themselves and leave carebears like me alone?

Mor, I know ur a good debater. I need to clear this up with u.

Please tell me your views on this.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

Ur a genious. =))))))))))
    yeah, and it´s a pain in the ass, I can tell you.

I thought the poll wouldn´t catch your interest long enough ... so well ...

Natelie, you´re still mixing it up. Ppls attitude is nothing you can change by game mechanics and your 'carebear' attitude is something that can be cured.

But back to matters: you used the link? .. fine .... think this over

the only way to get down ganking and griefing (not eradicating it) is to open the playfields for even more PvP, but let the actions taken have EFFECT; maybe you would still complaining on a real world server, but you could reach some of your goals.

just protecting you from bad games dear

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast