Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Title farming.

BUMP

some people....
    ~Lone

People i know farmed it. or at least got it from thier own side..

azzazzimon, sodie.
    I know I didn't farm a single kill, I duelled clanners from novice->neo tho.

If you think that Syrah, Angelicnova and the rest only killed people on the other side of the conflict you must be dumb, most of them have been in arena "ganking" people on their own side alot..(I don't mean that they have ganked lowbie people for title, but they havn't only killed people on other side)

I don't think a single Neo have only killed people on other side of conflict.

I really want them to remove gain and loss of points if you kill people on same side tho, would make it alot better and would be a more "fair" system

I hate being called title farmer when I really don't care about the title (fun to have tho, but I wouldn't cry if I lost it) and when I didn't even try to get neo.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Zerosignal
    Just saw Neophyte Dennise in 2h0..... 2 days ago Apprentice.....

LAME!
    I teamed with her 2-3 days ago, she was Apprentice then..

Point I am trying to make here, is Novce to Neo takes more then one kill people..

it takes more like 6-7 i think.

killing that many novice is tough to do in a short time. and if you die to one then it just takes alot longer.

getting novice-neo is either getting really easy to do.. or people are farmin heh.

EDIT: Dennise? bah super green enforcer neo that was apprentice like.. what 2-3 days ago? argh who wants to kill me to neo? fuggit.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

I have been asked several times to help people title farm..tsk tsk =(
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X

I know for a fact Gravyomlet did not gank/kill anyone in Trinity for his Neophyte simply because there are no folks with Novice in Trinity

I agree he did get from Apprentice to Neophyte very fast, but he's around the arena alot and he hardly ever teams in 2h0/Camelot...

Im to lazy to try it but someone was telling me there was a BUG in the system, and there probably is as it is with everything in this game.

Dennise? Even if he did get Neo......Heh... ??????

Nothin.....its just hard to believe .....that some people actaully get neo, but the only way is to do it with other people, and run when in trouble.

And caol Im not exactly saying its fair to go, "hold on let me put my bracers to counter your dmg type...sec" :P

Ummmm

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

I know I didn't farm a single kill, I duelled clanners from novice->neo tho.

Um. You said that you and a friend dueled eachothers alts and then you killed your friends alt. If going from App to Neo overnight from doing what you did isn't farming, them I don't know what is. "Clanners" would imply that you killed more than one person. You make it sound like you were dueling multiple other clanners for your tittle. I think everyone knows where your tittle came from.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

I was really suprised when I got it, I didn't notice until I was in Tir and Nikoz saw it.

Me and Nikoz have been duelling all day with our diffrent characters (Nikoz(soldier), Kyoze(MA), Azz(MA), Anti(MP) and Nuubi(trader)) Nuubi is abit low lvl so she didn't have much chance against any of Nikoz characters.

Nikoz killed Anti pretty easy almost every time.

Azz killed Nikoz like 75% of the time

Was pretty even between Azz and Kyoze, Azz won most fights cuz he had better scope and a bow.

Anti killed Kyoze probably like 50%, when MP hit with nanoshutdown and manage to keep some distance they are pretty dangerous for MAs.

I got novice first kill this morning so that's probably why it looked fast.

You can kill alot more if you duel than you do in 2ho or Camelot, atleast for a MA. And you only need to win 6-8 duels to gain a title..
    Last edited by Phearm3; Jul 6th, 2002 at 22:27:27.

Originally posted by Giventofly/Nothinman

People i suspect cheated/farmed

Gravyomelet, wenzell.. Grave because he went from apprentice to neo in like 3 weeks. As a regular pvper i know that it takes about 6 novice kills to get neo.. and no F'in way he killed 6 + novice in that time... Look at all the pvp'ing novice out there there that are always always pvping and have had novice for months or more and never got neo.
    your opinion would be slightly more respectable if you showed up in camelot/2h0 raids once or twice. Maybe we're on different sides of the world so the timing is bad, but i've yet to see you in a pvp zone. I've pretty much been pvping nonstop for 3 weeks and earned my title fair, but if you wanna get all pissy about someone you don't even know, more power to ya bro.

stop title hugging and grow some huevos, you can be neo too.
    GravyOmlet
    200 Martial Artist

Gravy, I've spent more time in pvp zones then you have /played.. I've played AO since beta, ive been everywhere done almost everything.

i've been to camelot alot, i mean alot, I have been going there since the damn thing was put in the game, snarf killed me there.

because i decided to take time to level and not always be in pvp zones makes me suddenly stupid, and nullifies everything i had done before that?

I have been novice for probably 3 months or more, I am not a gimp, if you wish to compare equipment go ahead.. i think its silly.

I'll use people in my guild as an example for this one..

myself, zerosignal, noer, misimu, and 1-2 others that have hopped from novice to apprentice have had novice and have been pvping regular since you were a newbie, and none of them have neo.

does this mean that you farmed it? no... does this mean these people are gimps and cant kill anyone even tho they spend ALOT of thier time pvping? no..

it doesnt say anything. but if you think about it, it sure seems odd that some people can insta-neo while some, who fight the opposing side ALOT will never see it.

don't accuse me of not being places enough, because i was pvping in 2ho when u were a noob and on ebay.. yes, i saw your character for sale on ebay, flame me.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

Don hate Gravy cause he's sexy

I'll also vouch for Gravy. I haven't ever seen him ganking or farming. Between X and my PvP alts I have seen him win quite a few duels in the last 3 weeks. I even saw him put some smack down on Sodie(neo). His points are earned. If you wanna flame someone Nothing, then aim it at Azz McDonald (I think you know the song).

I'd just like to comment that I don't believe Gravy got his title by farming. I'm only rookie but i'm in PvP zones alot and I ALWAYS see gravy there... Now I don't know all the facts i'm just saying that the guy has been pvping non stop for like a month or so. It's not too hard for someone to get from apprentice to neo if you pvp straight for 3 weeks. And I agree title farming is sh!t and should be stopped if possible but i disagree with Angelic's idea about a rule preventing someone from killing a person over and over. I got my title by killing people on my side aswell as clanners. Of course I killed more clanners then omni but I still killed some omni in ent arena but thats the point of an arena isn't it? I don't see anything wrong with getting pvp points from killing some people on your own side but it's lame if you ONLY kill people from the same side. My 2 cents

-Jigga
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers

I never actually said he farmed it.. I supsected he did as many others have recently like sodie.

I think Gravy is a nice guy, I'm just abit annoyed at all the neo's running around and am a little fast to jump the gun.

I also had a few ppl in game off handedly mentioning that he farmed it, but thier not people i know or trust.

If you earned it fair and square grats man, people vouchin for ya.. as it is, my prof is gimped and because i used to pvp 90% of the time i played i decided to switch to leveling until the new soldier love comes along.

If i flamed Gravy its only in defense of myself, he said i dont know him, and i dont. he also doesnt know me.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

I'm also pissed there's so many Neo's running around... mainly cuz that means less rookies for me

I know Gravy's a nice guy and like I said, I don't know whether or not he actually DID title farm, I just know that he's in the arena enough that it's not that far off of a possibility.

I wouldn't mind seeing the PvP ranking system changed so that it requires more kills to get the next title level... however I would like to see some 'experienced' guys running around... i'm fed up with the titles that all mean newbie
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers

I doubt that dennise got neo for any other reason than to show how sad pvp in ao is. I hope atleast.

As for the rest, who cares? Syrah/Garv etc killed as many from their own guilds as not from...prolly more to be honest.

Caol is the only one that I think is "clean" when it comes not to accepting free kills. But I could be wrong.

Pvp in ao is kinda lame though, nothing else to say about it.

The last thing we want to do is go on a witch hunt and start throwing around false accusations of title farming.

I couldn't care less about title farmer. Maybe now people will realise how worthless titles are, stop the lame duels, and get out in 2H0 or something for some decent group PvP.

Re: lol

Originally posted by Blanch
    Prehaps something to block people from killing same the same person over and over too.
    That is irrelevent, if you kill someone a couple times their point value should drop low enough so that you no longer gain points off killing them.

Title farming is not done by killing the same newb over and over, probably with some form of pyramid scheme involving alts and guild mates.

It would require a lot of logistics but it wouldnt be too complicated now that the formula is known.

Angry low

makes me sick really i bust my balls all the tiem in pvp i was rookei for what over 6 month then i finallt get apprentice and all this **** happns makes me sick. i have never seen them in 2h0 either. i even saw more people titel farmin in arena today i advise all omni to gank them as much as pobble while i sit and watch. every day for me goes liek this "no i will nto duel you" 6 months oof that i finally get a apprentice after all that hard ass pvpin glal day logn every day and these n00b ruin it by doign jack ****. GG and dotn expect and hp form me!

very bitter, Compromise

compro don't pretend like you've never seen me in 2h0 didn't you trap me in a bunker just the other day?

/me cries cuz he can't kill a doc
    GravyOmlet
    200 Martial Artist

gravy=beast
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast