Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Smurfs!!! feer the Smurfs!!

Originally posted by Argulace_MoK
    I'm robbed! I got 3400 evades??!! LOL, coldstrike your math is off

A LOT! As in 290 yards to home run and you got hit with the ball and walked to first base.

Like.... hmm, like so far off, if you were any further, they would have to use a GPS to find you.

Satellites do not see how far off your calc is for DMS.
    So how come I'm hit pretty much every shot, no matter where I put my slider, if I get up to 1k evades? That +2300 DMS does a lot..

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Let's not forget the +2300 DMS modifier on the GA, making it an effective 3400 evades.. Let's see, how are people gonna get that kind of attack rating?
    it doesnt work like that, the DMS modifier is like setting your aggro bar waaaay to the left, but it's not added like that to the evades. I whish they would say how the aggro bar works so we could see exacly what the effect is, but its not added or it would show on my skill chart
    The Original "The Man" and Level 200 Fixer
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02
    ... err Back on the 5th March 2003 for a nifty payed for 30 day comeback trial

Hextorr, you have the DMS modifier mixed up with the Aggdef setting.

It actually does add it (DMS) exactly like that. The thing is is that the *TOTAL* value is affected by your agg/def slider. (or aggdef setting)

So if you have 1100 evades + 2100 (GA MKIV) it's a total of 3200 which is then affected with the agg/def slider.

Someone with 3200 evades and being on full agg would be the same as someone with 1100 evades + GA MKIV on full aggressive.

I should also comment with my dance with Hextorr, I was actually able to land a few hits, I should also note that my ATK rating is *very* low for my level and class, and also the fact that my weapon being OE certainly doesnt help potential damage output.

Accedentially pressing the wrong hotkey bar to use challenger in a duel is not reccomended either.

I still feel that the prime combat classes should get something in order to land a few more hits on a fixer. I had a few ideas about reworking the soldier Nano Total focus to give a 100% chance to *hit* (note - not crit) for a certain period of time (or a real boost to atk rating). Taking the nano lock from the enforcer challenger line would certainly help this too.

You would also think that agents and MA's are very precise and able to land hits on a fixer at least some of the time. But as I'm not sure exactly how Concentration works, and the ATK ratings of level 200 Ma's, I think I'll just stop commenting now.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

With 1158 AR i still miss 9 out of 10 on a non debuffed GA IV fixer.

Concentration does nothing to change that.

Demi

Fixer needs strong point like any other class has one. Just being able run faster than anyone else (which pretty close to adv) is not great pvp advantage in really winning fights. Just like soldier has TMS, doctor has massive amounts heal, mp has nanoshutdown, trader has hella high attack rating and drains and for fixer would be massive amount of evades. Fixers damage is really not all that great. Wearing armor that can be debuffed isn't all that great either. Pvp is basically like fire vs ice. Were fixer can own a lot profession a fixer can get totally owned by another profession.

I meant to test my new attack rating against arg in the arena but got caught up in camelot (ganked by ninja looters grumble)

Basically my attack rating at lvl 200 will only be 20 points or so higher then it is now, and it will never be higher with nova, ever for any soldier (maybe a few more for solitus due to base ability)

regardless basically at this point my attack rating is very close to the limit for a self buffed soldier, can i hit a buffed GA 4 fixer? not sure ill let ya know : )
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Try using specials when you have them down. Haven't never had fixer really evade them even when not debuffed.

Originally posted by Blanch
    Pvp is basically like fire vs ice. Were fixer can own a lot profession a fixer can get totally owned by another profession.
    You'r absolutly right, my strenght is in evading, my damage is not very good appart from a fast burst recycle, takes me quit some time to kill people, and Fixers in GA are the ones who suffer the most (deffence-wise) when they get nano down (o% effective) or debuffed by trader, various amounts, maybe down to 25%. In duels it means get the hell out of dodge fast, in mass pvp means you are insta killed right after the debuff, cause you'r like standing there just naked.

GA is powerfull but has a hell of a big downside to it, a very big price if they put your pants (GA) down ;P

I don't "own" anyone my lvl, i have to sweat my way to victory and play all my cards right.
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02

Originally posted by Mike "Kinkstaah" Bond
    Hextorr, you have the DMS modifier mixed up with the Aggdef setting.

It actually does add it (DMS) exactly like that. The thing is is that the *TOTAL* value is affected by your agg/def slider. (or aggdef setting)

So if you have 1100 evades + 2100 (GA MKIV) it's a total of 3200 which is then affected with the agg/def slider.

Someone with 3200 evades and being on full agg would be the same as someone with 1100 evades + GA MKIV on full aggressive.

I should also comment with my dance with Hextorr, I was actually able to land a few hits, I should also note that my ATK rating is *very* low for my level and class, and also the fact that my weapon being OE certainly doesnt help potential damage output.

Accedentially pressing the wrong hotkey bar to use challenger in a duel is not reccomended either.

I still feel that the prime combat classes should get something in order to land a few more hits on a fixer. I had a few ideas about reworking the soldier Nano Total focus to give a 100% chance to *hit* (note - not crit) for a certain period of time (or a real boost to atk rating). Taking the nano lock from the enforcer challenger line would certainly help this too.

You would also think that agents and MA's are very precise and able to land hits on a fixer at least some of the time. But as I'm not sure exactly how Concentration works, and the ATK ratings of level 200 Ma's, I think I'll just stop commenting now.
    I stand corrected then on the DMS thingy.

And yep, you messed up, you cast layers on me (again hehe) and that chalenger misshap was your downfall. But like i said, in the midle of the fight you got some good hits on me and with my 5.5khp (can't go higher with GA) you just need a couple hits to realy see my HP go down. If i stand toe to toe with you i am one dead smurf prety fast, i have to keep you rooted all the time in order to win, and it's no easy fight, in fact i belive that the outcome can be diferent each time we fight.
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02

Originally posted by Blanch
    Try using specials when you have them down. Haven't never had fixer really evade them even when not debuffed.
    "you hit Grid armour 4 Fixer for 56 points of Full auto damage"
    "you hit Grid armour 4 Fixer for 122 points of burst damage"
    "you hit Grid armour 4 fixer for 243 points of Fling shot Damage"

Grid armour 4 fixer

"you were healed for 300 points of health"

personal experience
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Guess just boils down profession can kill profession then :\ Were I can kill fixer you cannot but you can kill me sorta thing.

Originally posted by Giventofly/Nothinman

"you hit Grid armour 4 Fixer for 56 points of Full auto damage"
    "you hit Grid armour 4 Fixer for 122 points of burst damage"
    "you hit Grid armour 4 fixer for 243 points of Fling shot Damage"

Grid armour 4 fixer

personal experience
    thats a sucky alpha, i've had people do much better on me ;P
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02

"Well, statistically, fixers have pretty good healing. The two hots will on average regenerate about 70-80 hp per second without the fixer having to do anything to make this happen. Compared to for instance the MAs 80 hp/sec average heal that requires them to cast a nano every 8 seconds, MPs 70-80 HP/sec average heal that involves some hard to control pet, Enforcers mongo HoT that lasts for only 20 seconds etc. I wouldn't IPR that bio met if I were you."

my point was, as i have stated before, is that the problem isn't fixer HoTs individually, it's 100% heals GENERALLY, which is why healing nanos alone should not be nerfed.

Fair enough. If my argument about nano resist is invalidated, then so is your claim about fixers not being easy targets. You've tested nano resist i assume, why else would you talk about it. However, were you a fixer before 14.4? Picture this:

-No viable healing (the 3 minute one is NOT 'viable healing')
    -Weak weapon, nerfed burst. Especially in the days of 100% dmg, we had no chance against any class, especially alpha soldiers and hammer users.
    -equal ACs to other classes if you aren't an opifex and are actually using flower-tech (primus is viable too, but that wasn't implemented till later) or kevlar
    - Disadvantaged HP
    - No NCU hacker interface, chances are the fixer's runspeed nano, which is all he/she has as a useful nano despite roots/snares, is a low one. Agents, crats, snare this bastard.
    -The only class-specific buff he/she will use is one that gives 6 to smg and 4 to burst. Oo! Scary.

That is not an easy target, an easy kill? come on now. I figured you didn't even need to play one to understand this...
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Coldstrike

So how come I'm hit pretty much every shot, no matter where I put my slider, if I get up to 1k evades? That +2300 DMS does a lot..
    Go try to hit gellanna, she has pretty near the same evades I do, seeing as MA's can buff evades 75% as much as grid armor MKIV gives us.

Go hit Dragongirl on her highest implanted evade with the max evades she can get running.

Same for any other 190+ MA who can achieve 1137 evades.

DMS does not modify evades like you say, those DMS are probubly equivilant to about ... I'd say maybe another 120 evades on top of what i show in stats.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345