Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PETITION for Apartments

Please get our apartments in there. I, and many others have been asking for this for a LONG time. Its killing me to not be able to use my apartment or put a table, chair, couch, bed, etc in there.

This was something I always loved about UO! HOUSING!

*signs the petition*

Talking Yes!

Lev's suggestions gets the old "Bump and Grind" action from me.

I suspect the reason why apartments do not have windows is that for reasons for lag, when you zone into your apartment your physicially on a different server outside that of say Omni-E. So if you could go out onto a balcony and look down, you'd need "portal" access to Omni-E which might be a lag-a-riffic nightmare if some slick programming was not done. It could be that you could zone out to your balcony [which effectively takes you to omni-e] and if you jumped off [assuming you survive the fall] you'd be in the zone and able to go about your business.

This might also liven up the news -

"Lev Rivers, the Assassin to Starts Plunges to Death in Omni-E"

Upon recovery at reclaim, Mr. Rivers assures us that it was just a miscalulation, not a suicide attempt."

Thumbs up Breaking and Entry

How bout a nano for agents for breaking and entry high level agents only of course. And if they do break and enter into your apartment an alert is sent to you that JOHN DOE HAS BROKEN INTO YOUR APARTMENT!

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Let us put food in the fridge first... then we'll worry about breaking and entering.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Lightbulb comp's

And let us have computers in our appartments, that we can play AO on...ehhhh. Actually....just supporting the appartment idea!

Thumbs up *bonk*

*BUUUUUUUMP*

lol avatarius

na, i didnt mean actual overlook of omni-e, but if you've ever gone into an omni backyard, you'll notice its a highrise and you can zoom out n see other buildings, i meant something like that.

There are so many good ideas here, if FC does just some it would be stunning

a big concern which people forget when getting lost in the heady ideas of furntiure and stuff is the key system.
    dont forget the keys, i hope the dev team in their lil hobbit hole can think up a good way of

1) making sure either my key is named after me or has my addess on it (or preferably, BOTH)

2) Getting people into my apartment, i wouldnt wanna have to team 4 times to get 20 people in
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

Let me buy a mansion hehe

Would love to get an apartments sorted
    Different apartments sounds nice too, as does all the furniture that the missions have.
    I loved the IKEA idea. We have all the adverts already as we walk through Galway, so why not a few big Coke or Pepsi signs up to? And how about when you go in to buy a Yalmaha the stores got signs for Volvo urmm I mean Ford stuck up in there or something? You have basically a captive ordiance to market on to, and I know myself it does work as I once set up a system for a Internet Cafe to have scrolling adverts along the bottom of the screen. Nothing like a bit of brainwashing to bring in the cash as Omni-reform would say :P

p.s. and as someone else said, it is very Bladerunner like...which has to be cool
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Keys, Furniture, News

- I vote for named keys. "DASGee, backyard 4, apartment 4, TIR".

- Purchased apartments: takes care of guild apartments, just buy a second apartment, dupe the keys, and hand out to guild members.

- Furniture - Shelves/chests - store all of those social items and tools. Business oriented guilds can store the items that they are selling to their customers.

- news - buy a TV, use the TV and have the description window pop up with the latest events and stories. Have channels that players can post to. "The GridRunners are having their monthly meeting in Tir City in their new guild headquarters, Tir City, second level, first building to the right when leaving the N-E bridge from the whompas" (/news GridRunners The GridRunners are having......")

They don't need an actual window looking out over Rubi-Ka. It could be a fake one with a scene of one's choice. Just something to break up the monotony of a square box.

I wish they would do something soon about the apartments. Maybe we don't whine as much as the pvpers do.

(That's...I say...that's a joke, son.)
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

YES and a TOILET PLEASE! A very nice toilet and a boudoir.

I have a special boudoir dance I want to do for my special friends.

I would also like a bed and a kitchen and some cable tv.

And i want to be able to recline in my bed and maybe do some other things ;]

Also let us choose the gas in our apartament, if we want our apt to be mayhem so be it!

simple console cmds, /gas 100, /gas 75, /gas 25, /gas 0.

I would also like a few monsters to spawn in my apartament, a pet roller rat or 2.

I want to be able to paint walls as well or choose "environment themes". Maybe I want an acid cave apartament or a swamp cave? I find these missions all the time in the cities, why not have apartament buildings that are whole swamp caves or nortum mines?

A shower would be nice too, some place to clean up after having a few friends over for some play time.

Also a wet bar and some cigars would rock too.

I was visiting my own apartment today. I realised quick , that it was too little! We have to be able to buy more space for our apartment! And while I was visiting , I put a nice picture on my wall (wich took up about 1/4 of my enitre wall section) and then I thought "I want a couple of chairs , so I can have a guest! but.... no.... they dont sell chairs in Omni-Trade. Common , just put in some furniture/apartment stuff, I would love it!

-Hitikori-

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar

Re: Keys, Furniture, News

- Purchased apartments: takes care of guild apartments, just buy a second apartment, dupe the keys, and hand out to guild members.
    Let's get some working holovids. Then we can have something like those home show displays on community tv, or even better yet, "The Home Shopping Channel". Then, you don't need to put in new shop terms :P

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Maybe let us loot mission environment stuff. Nothing would be as funny as seeing a few clanners humping it out of an omni outpost carrying a sofa between them, and a table stacked on top of that. We could have special player modles for characters in "environment looting mode" that look like they have a ton of furnishings on their backs, or even small u-haul wagons they tow behind them (see product placement and co-op advertising).

Then we could take the furnishings from those lush environments and put them in our places.

r0x0r!

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    Maybe let us loot mission environment stuff. Nothing would be as funny as seeing a few clanners humping it out of an omni outpost carrying a sofa between them, and a table stacked on top of that. We could have special player modles for characters in "environment looting mode" that look like they have a ton of furnishings on their backs, or even small u-haul wagons they tow behind them (see product placement and co-op advertising).

Then we could take the furnishings from those lush environments and put them in our places.

r0x0r!
    LOL, with a bunch of Keystone Omni-Pols Cops waving batons at you as you scamper toward the grid, THAT would be pure comedy!

I love it...

/wave, sup Ultra1 ...same Noe as on aovault boards, how ya been?

=]

Hey NOE! Nice to see you man! Went to the vault boards today to try and post but had to do this board merge thing, and they wanted all this personal info. Was there reading a few posts today. Love the pony, he sounds like a marketing guy.

/wave

send me a tell in game sometime if you catch me on, or ill try to catch you with one of my alts.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast