Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PETITION for Apartments

You know that long corridor before you get to the apartment proper? Well I would like to line that corridor with plants. But I can't do it right now because we can have only ten items in our apartment.

Please fix this! Pleaaaaasssse?

And a table for my table lamp. And a chair that I can sit on.

While you're at it a BRIGHT lamp for that smaller room. For some reason in clan apartments, that room is really really dark.

And some rugs, and some flowers and some new paintings and some trunks to put clothing in, and.....um...oh...sorry.....

got carried away

But I would really, really, really, REALLY like to decorate my apartment some more.

Just thought of a x-marketing scheme that would be a nice solution for all.

Missions to the IKEA store. Mission Item ID

Full BAD
    FUll MONEY

Set diff to EASY

Each major city would have an IKEA outlet.

There would only be friendly NPC's in these dynamic dungeons, ie NO aggro, but if you double click them, they talk to you and tell you another piece of the story line, kinda like Ulgrim(?) the Unpleasant in Ayan Baqur.

"ARRR, what do you want! Give me a an iced coffee and Ill tell you something of worth!"

You give Fresh Clan Fixer an Iced Coffee Mug

"Well, ty friend! Did you know that Radiman and Ross held a public Press conference? THey agreed to extend the amnesty and the CoT decided to offer that same amnesty offer to Omni Employees to join the Clans! WOOT!"

You successfully unlock chest.
    You received 1000xp.

- inside is a working sofa that you can place in your apartment.

You received 1000xp.

- inside is an Omni-Med Chest Piece gives 14 to Treatment, 14 to First Aid (already available item)

You received 1000xp.

- inside is a pair of "Hotpants with TigerLily stripes"

You received 1000xp.

- inside is a Jensen Gem Cutter (QL dependent upon YOUR level, sorry this WOULD have a negative effect if trying to make a nano that is Higher than your level.) Would satisfy Trade skillers and allow them to avert the HUGE costs involved w/ making Nano's/Items.

You satisfy numerous factions w/ this setup.

Clan , Neutral and Omni specific missions. (of course Omni-med clothing would be for all factions, unless they made "new" suits for each faction.)

Lockpicking is USEFUL and gives XP (ie, satisfies those who want and continue to lobby for the ability to make XP w/o combat.

Contributes to the imparting the story to those who want more immersion.

Contributes to Roleplaying both while IN the mission and dispenses items to wear in order to RP at any time.

ONLY RP/Clothing items can be obtained w/ the EASY setting. This would satisfy MOST of the poplulation in AO by allowing all other settings to ONLY give items that are useful to combat and development of their character/skills.

This would also satisfy the oft mentioned (mis?)quote that a character on Rubi-Ka could spend his time entirely in the cities w/o venturing into the wild or have to hunt in a mission.

X-marketing scheme w/ IKEA (this part...I want a cut... my take is 1% of the total contract offer, hehe) to infuse some much needed cash to Funcom.

(now...who all thinks FUncom should offer me a job in Story/gameplay development???)
    Last edited by Noe; Dec 13th, 2001 at 06:43:52.

I Agree, I would really enjoy decorating my appartment.

Also, Check out this thread...another thing needed..Guild Houses:

Guild Houses
    Sinclare
    LV 63 Adventurer
    RubiKa2

Just added my name to the list of those who agree.
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

If everybody agree, why are we waiting ?

id like to be able to decorate my apartment and then be able to sell it to another player, and then go buy another apartment and decorate it

mayby even allow homes out in the world, small houses across the landscape with the owner required to keep the area clear of mutants

Bumpidybump

I dont bump threads --- soooo Ill just say "Bumpidybump" instead
    Kohistan
    Proffesion: (Fixer)
    Black Dawn Syndicate

It's highly likely new furniture, apartments and guild houses will be included in one patch. We do not wish to give an ETA on it right now, but hope to not have you waiting for very long. I've already seen progress on these, so I'm glad to say they're on their way.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by gardner1
    Just thought of a x-marketing scheme that would be a nice solution for all.

Missions to the IKEA store. Mission Item ID

Full BAD
    FUll MONEY

Set diff to EASY

Each major city would have an IKEA outlet.

There would only be friendly NPC's in these dynamic dungeons, ie NO aggro, but if you double click them, they talk to you and tell you another piece of the story line, kinda like Ulgrim(?) the Unpleasant in Ayan Baqur.

"ARRR, what do you want! Give me a an iced coffee and Ill tell you something of worth!"

You give Fresh Clan Fixer an Iced Coffee Mug

"Well, ty friend! Did you know that Radiman and Ross held a public Press conference? THey agreed to extend the amnesty and the CoT decided to offer that same amnesty offer to Omni Employees to join the Clans! WOOT!"

You received 1000xp.

- inside is a working sofa that you can place in your apartment.

You received 1000xp.

- inside is an Omni-Med Chest Piece gives 14 to Treatment, 14 to First Aid (already available item)

You received 1000xp.

- inside is a pair of "Hotpants with TigerLily stripes"

You received 1000xp.

- inside is a Jensen Gem Cutter (QL dependent upon YOUR level, sorry this WOULD have a negative effect if trying to make a nano that is Higher than your level.) Would satisfy Trade skillers and allow them to avert the HUGE costs involved w/ making Nano's/Items.

You satisfy numerous factions w/ this setup.

Clan , Neutral and Omni specific missions. (of course Omni-med clothing would be for all factions, unless they made "new" suits for each faction.)

Lockpicking is USEFUL and gives XP (ie, satisfies those who want and continue to lobby for the ability to make XP w/o combat.

Contributes to the imparting the story to those who want more immersion.

Contributes to Roleplaying both while IN the mission and dispenses items to wear in order to RP at any time.

ONLY RP/Clothing items can be obtained w/ the EASY setting. This would satisfy MOST of the poplulation in AO by allowing all other settings to ONLY give items that are useful to combat and development of their character/skills.

This would also satisfy the oft mentioned (mis?)quote that a character on Rubi-Ka could spend his time entirely in the cities w/o venturing into the wild or have to hunt in a mission.

X-marketing scheme w/ IKEA (this part...I want a cut... my take is 1% of the total contract offer, hehe) to infuse some much needed cash to Funcom.

(now...who all thinks FUncom should offer me a job in Story/gameplay development???)
    Crazy guy.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Crazy Guy

He might be Crazy but his Idea Makes Sense. Its BS to look for Full Hard Missions only to find the reward is "Pink leopard Panties"

As for the IKEA idea that also Brilliant! getting some real corporations to purchase Advertising in your virtual real-estate would be an Excellent revenue generator. (I know it might detract some from the Future Atmosphere of the Game but if Done right......)

THATs Creative marketing!
    I used to be an Agent now I'm a Gimp
    I'm paying how much for this?

If you've ever seen BladeRunner, you know the beauty of this kind of advertising...

So many years in the future, and the Atari logo shines....

So Funcom? Go for it. If you CAN do it, then do it. It's a great idea, and while you're at it, order me a dozen freshly hot krispy kreme donuts... I'm at work, finals are over, and GOD am I bored.

*wink*

-Nietya

Originally posted by Cosmik
    It's highly likely new furniture, apartments and guild houses will be included in one patch. We do not wish to give an ETA on it right now, but hope to not have you waiting for very long. I've already seen progress on these, so I'm glad to say they're on their way.
    Cosmik will the patch include a fix of the 10 item limitation bug? Because if it doesn't then all that nice new furniture will only cause frustration.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Originally posted by Cosmik

Crazy guy.
    Crazy?... Im a VISIONARY!!! yall need to hire ME!!! hehe, and dont think i wont hold you to the 1% cut either! My lawyers are MEAN! hehehehe, jk.

no but seriously, how likely would something like this be in getting to the devs.... even though it is my idea (hehe) I think it is a great one, and solves ALOT of the problems w/ the game on several fronts, and doesnt seem all that difficult to do. (naive maybe, but like i said, im a VISIONARY!...I dont DO details! heheheahahahah)

He might be Crazy but his Idea Makes Sense. Its BS to look for Full Hard Missions only to find the reward is "Pink leopard Panties"

As for the IKEA idea that also Brilliant!
    hey, THANKS!

/pushing the "Hire me as a dev" idea day 1!
    Last edited by Noe; Dec 15th, 2001 at 02:22:49.

disguised bump.... lets call it

/hire me as Dev day 2!

Great Thread,
    I now really know what i missed from UO to AO.
    Houses with Vendors in it!!!
    PLEASE WORK ON IT!

when i first got my apartment, it opened a new part of the game. i was heady with the possibilities. i was spending time shopping instead of fighting.

then the shortcomings popped up.

it has been quite a while since i visited my apartment. my friend, who introduced me to apartment life, has almost forgotten where her apartment is.

---

i want to have a personal apartment, not a metal box that lets me put stuff on the floor. metal walls are depressing, no wonder RK citizens fight so much; they are driven to it by sensory deprivation.

when i do missions and find that mobs life better than i do, it pisses me off. i want to ransack their stuff after i kill them. it upsets me. ggrrrrr

---

some very good ideas in this thread

Apartments

Apartments... Furniture... Even since before AO came out I'd been incredibly interested in the ability to have an apartment... Coming from EQ (ohh the horrible memories), I was glad to see we weren't all going to be homeless bums roaming the landscape. Anyway... Here are a few ideas:

News Terminal: You know that weird machine thing on your wall in your apartment? They could make that into a News Terminal, which would act as a weekly newspaper. Every Sunday (IRL time, for the sake of simplicity and to make it easier on those writing the articles) they could update the e-newspaper, with coverage on the war, interviews with Ross, and even restuarant or club reviews if they had the time. I think this would give even the non-RP'ers reasons to visit their apartment, so they could check if anything new has happened since they staged an attack on a rebel outpost and if they should be careful now (Headline: Rebel Outpost captures huge plasma shipment)

Static TV: This would be a TV, but instead of showing actual programs (incredibly difficult and really not worth the effort), it would have a few pictures that it cycles through and a static sound. They could even make it so you could have a choice between 4 general channels for different pictures (action, comedy, romance, horror - ala The Sims)

Working Stereos: Make it so we can use those stereos we decided to save up for the minute we saw them back at level 2.
    You could just have the music from the clubs playing, and if the player uses the stereo, it plays the next song.

Furniture as Containers: This is a popular idea, and I think it should be implemented. Certain furniture could have an extra feature "something like 'container' in the description" which lets people know what they can and can't put their precious food into.

At this point that's really all I would like to see (except for chairs and tables, which are in progress), and I think it will be a great day when people actually want to hang out in their apartments rather than go out to club... Simply because their apartment looks so much cooler.

This might be a good idea for Funcom

Going back to what Nietya said about BladeRunner gave me an idea and its in relation to gardner1's idea. What about actually getting furniture companies to post adds on billboards with in the game? Like those floating drones could go around the city with an IKEA add or something like that? I've heard rumours that FC hasn't been able to stablize its customer base and thought if they needed to increase there revenue they could do it this way to help keep the game alive. Sorry I knew this was a bit off topic

Yo!

Hey Cosmik, what's the status on these requests? Have the developers decided yet what they're going to put in?
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast