Hi.
First time posting on this message board.

I got AO about a week or so ago. So far it's been fun, and I've had a great time, leveling and stuff. The leveling so far has been pretty easy (team missions are great) I like being able to level fast, IMO that means less time chilling in dungeons and more time getting out and pvping, etc. (i.e. having the real fun =)

I went to Rk2 instead of Rk1 because of the size issue, more people = more lag =/ (even though more people also means more kills in pvp... *drool*)

Well, I started with a soldier, the basic class, right? No real strong side's just pretty average. In about a weeks time I've leveled him to about level 43 respectively, got a full suit of recruit issue omni pol armor, and a nova flow + flashpoint for FA's.

Anyways, to get down to it, I've stood back and realized I had sort of blindly been throwing in points when it came time to my leveling/adding skills. I've been maxing str, stam, agil every level, assault rifle, burst, flingshot, and keeping FA really close. Maxing first aid and treatment, though I've recently slacked on treatment. IMO first aid is more important then treatment... seems how first aid can be done IN battle when regaining HP is really needed. I've also maxed ranged init, evade, and dodge? (I think it is...), and body developement too.

I've slacked on my nano skills, and I don't know if that's truly a problem or not. I haven't had any chances to speak with any higher level soldiers who really know from experience whats good and whats bad. The main nano skills required by soldiers nano's I've kept at a little over half my (maxed) range skills...

This comes to my true problem about whether I should slack off in my main skills, range skills and perhaps my ability scores, to boost the other skills. I want to pvp later on in my AO career and don't want my character to be gimped... what skills that I haven't maxed, should I boost for pvp later on? Nano resist? Duck? Should I slack in run speed and just upgrade a vehicle skill instead?

Could any higher level soldiers, (or maybe even any higher level class that pvps) tell me what I should be upgrading so that my character will be prepared the best he could be when it comes time that I join in on pvping. Either by posting here or PMing me. My character name on Rk2 is Phontain.

Also... I've been browsing these boards since I have got the game. The thing I've noticed is there's always that one person that says just add it in to what you want... blah, have fun. Well, later on when I find pvp the funnest thing to be doing in the game, and it sucks because I decided to have fun adding points and in the meantime gimping my char for pvp... I won't be having fun anymore =/ have to think about the future!

Thanks for anyone's help with tips on what skills are used in pvp...
I'll also be posting this in the soldier profession forums for added input.