Thread: Hooray mirror bug being fixed

Thumbs up Hooray mirror bug being fixed

Of all the myriad bugs in the game, this is probably the one I've found most annoying. Not only did it horribly mar the appearance of the mission levels, but for some bizarre reason I've been unable to run nanos through "mirrored" (XOR-bugged?) open doorways.

The newly updated (10 Dec.) progress report indicates it's finally been fixed. Congratulations, Funcom. Note the almost superhuman effort required to repress any snideness in those sincere congratulations.... Oops: looks like some crept in anyway. Whatever, it's still nice to see that bug fixed.

-Strycker

Angry When will it be fixed?

I did missions today(dec 11) and the doors where still fozzy and blurry with the mirror effect.

not fixed

nope, i still get the mirror effect, nothing has changed.

Unhappy

Sorry, but risking being concidered a pessimsit, I belive it when I see it.
    You have fixed it before and it comes back when you fix something else, so I think we are stuck with it untill the rest of the game is fixed.

Mirror bug fixed

Same to me mirror effect still present.
    Last edited by Klattu; Dec 14th, 2001 at 13:53:03.

Exclamation "being" fixed

At the risk of appearing to defend Funcom, I should say that I assume that the mirror door fix will appear in the next patch. That was why my original post emphased the gerund in "being fixed." I believe that December 10 progress report I referred to was listing upcoming changes. I will be shocked -- shocked, I say -- if I see mirrored doorways after December 18. I probably should have waited to praise Funcom until after the patch is deployed but my enthusiasm at the promise of the bug-fix got the better of me....

-Strycker NT 64

Sigh, I take it back

OK, it's on the "on live server" list. But of course I get the "mirror" bug all the time, in every mission level and level type. So much for the fix.

why the "mirrored door" bug apears (as I have concluded after many mission studies)

Lag if its server or client side its hard to tell but lag is the main reason that you get mirrored doors and that they are unpassable at some time. how I have come to this ? well when I run a mission with about 12k ping (or so does the ping meter tells me, actuall lag to server is more close to 2-3k) I can run into rooms and yet no creature has spawned there due to lag .. 3 sec later it spawnes and in most cases the door that continues deeper in gets mirrored (it was when I entred aswell) and unpassable since the server thinks im still at the main room (and funcom has made it so that you cant use your camera to find out whats inside the next room, by simply blocking the path even tho the door apears open .. that will be next -> next room if you get my view )
    2 sec later the mob decide to attack me since the server now knows that im in the room. still door is mirrored but it allows me to pass trough.
    If I change the rules a bit and put more lag on (wich you can experience at peak hours) I can get trapped in rooms cause the server does not yet know im there .. also mob aggro is somewhat partly decided by the client (or those packets got a higher priority)
    So i get attacked and killed since I cannot escape (no big deal realy my own fault for making more lag on the server and my computer by running trough rooms aggroings 30-40 mobs. but I got to do it as mobs are too hard at my current stage to solo)

Also you must know that the lag im speaking off is often related to gfx lag wich is your computer not being able to process all the commands it get at the time it should hence dropped frame rate and skipped procedures. also its in most cases not the server who got the lag problem, its mostly routers and gateways your passing by. some ofthem i have traced that leads to the servers are having a packet loss percent of 40-80% wich is way to high to have a streaming game or any other media .. only thing that can survive that are file transfers (i.e. site surfing and downloading) trying to re-route often leads to worse gateways
    one of the big badies are KPNQwest in NY and Exodus Comm. (world wide) they realy stink since their routers are way over worked.

So my worries are that we wont see the "mirror doors" go away unless funcom removes the code that allows you not to use your camera to go deep trough many rooms inside the cave. or we get a lagfree client and server connection and program
    the lagfree client and server is a posebility but the lag free internet connection will never happend

but there might be that funcom has put in some extra code that actually fix this .. but I have yet to see it with my own eyes before i think it will happend.

Mirror effect is still very much present. It was also a "silent" fix. Ie, there was no link on the login page to the changelog after that patch went live. That's been the case during the past 2 minor serverside patches, actually. Is this intentional, FC?

This one will probably end up like the container gnomes. Fixed on the third attempt (possibly)

Thumbs up Woohoo! Fixed! Really!

OK, so far as I'm concerned it really has been fixed in the 13.4 patch. The fix was obviously misfiled as a 13.2.x fix; it shouldn't have ever been "on live server" prior to 13.4. I've done 5 missions since the patch and would ordinarily encounter the bug about 3-8 times per level, and haven't seen it once.

-Strycker

I got it the first mission I did after the patch.

I dont know about you guys, but for me the mirror effect is a problem of the past. It seems that they have solved the problem by making the doors open and close a lot more often. I can sometimes see the mirror effect just as i enter a room, but what happen is that the door that is mirrored shuts and opens again real fast and the effect is gone.

I have done over 300 missions since the patch so i know what im talking about (Low level token hunter).

- Khayne
    Bane 43 NT
    Othar 16 Enf

Lol yeah that could explain it. It would be just like FC too. It always fixed itself with doors opening and closing, so instead of fixing the bug they made doors close faster.