Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADDED 13.4 : Nano attacks in PvP will trigger auto-attack from the target

Exclamation ADDED 13.4 : Nano attacks in PvP will trigger auto-attack from the target

Using offensive nano programs on an enemy to initiate PvP will now trigger the target's auto-attack if (s)he has the def-agg slider set high. This is the same functionality as when attacking with a weapon.

Currently the auto-attack will trigger at the start of executing the nano program, not at the point where it strikes. We are aware that Nano Technicians in particular would like it to be triggered at damage dealing, and will look into this.

Cz

w00t! (from all points of view..and mine happens to be that of an NT)

Although, would it be possible to have some sort of button to target OUR target? It's a bit excessive to have to hit f1 and then hit our /assist macro to find out who we are currently targeting with our weapon...

Oh yeah, and why is this thread not sticky? Oversight?
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

I would hate to finally get Izgimmers last word and not be able to use it because the target auto attacks as soon as I start casting. Hmm... I would probably be dead. Oh wait.. I know I would be dead. I know that this isn't the most effective nano to use in PvP but if I wanted to use it..... It REALLY would get me killed fast.

Cz, I do hope that that changes. Give us NT's a little chance. We no longer have range, and if you leave the auto attack on we pretty much dont stand a chance.

Regards,

Originally posted by spydr
    Oh yeah, and why is this thread not sticky? Oversight?
    Yes, oversight. I was looking for it myself, and was about to start searching the other forums for it.

Cz

Not even an NT and that request just makes sense. Element of suprise is a must for long casting time nukes.

Whee

I would DEFINITELY prefer the message to happen at the moment of impact rather then when you start. Especially for those long nano progs.

This is nuts. NTs just gets even more gimped in PvP than they are now. Well, on other words PvP is not for NTs.

Attack must be initiated when impact happens.
    ~Lone

I have the same concerns as listed above. No one is going to stand there for 9-20s to let me nuke them.

Either

A) Give us range back so they we have time to cast before they close in.

or

B) Make the "attack" message come up on the target's screen when the nano executes.

Re: ADDED 13.4 : Nano attacks in PvP will trigger auto-attack from the target

Originally posted by Cz
    Currently the auto-attack will trigger at the start of executing the nano program, not at the point where it strikes. We are aware that Nano Technicians in particular would like it to be triggered at damage dealing, and will look into this.
    Am I the only one who saw this part? Mine is the only post that seems to reflect that CZ said that they want it to trigger on impact, but it can't right now.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Re: ADDED 13.4 : Nano attacks in PvP will trigger auto-attack from the target

Originally posted by Cz

Cz

You will look into it? This is unacceptable! This change cannot be released UNTIL this problem is fixed! Are you joking me?

*Why do I try? I already *KNOW* they won't fix it before they rush out another patch...

Unhappy what a joke..

not only do I have get in close now do a nano now the target will take my head off before I even get that good old 9 second nano off.. so much for NT being useful in pvp..

Yeah! By all means keep allowing NT's to root and nuke through buildings and not get auto-attacked back!!!!!

I agree, should be impact - But this is better than nothing for now. Oh and for NT's not being viable in pvp.. why do I see so many with titles? Whoa! They must be only attacking other NT's!!!!!

Angry Nope

NT's use actually have range Mike we use actually be able to do damage but now our nano damage is capped at 40% no matter what we cast so basically now Funcom's wants NT's to become some sort close combat profession. Let me ask you Mike if you nice gun with 40m range and is cut down 5 m range would be real happy about that?

Root and complain

Well, NT's can not whine about being worse off than the MA's here - 'cause few MAs got ranged weapons to use even at 20 m. So to all NT's - continue picking on those MA's, they really don't stand a chance against rooters. And we hate it

Good luck.

I'm not really concerned about balancing one-on-one PvP and with group battles, having auto attack start when the nano starts to cast is not much of an issue. Wait till someone else attacks first, the target will auto-attack them then you can start to cast without fear.

Originally posted by spydr
    [B]Although, would it be possible to have some sort of button to target OUR target? It's a bit excessive to have to hit f1 and then hit our /assist macro to find out who we are currently targeting with our weapon...
    Does that actually work? Last time I tried I couldn't /assist myself. Very annoying, especially when I'm hunting in a mixed-political group and have to tab 5 times just to get to mobs.

Re: Re: ADDED 13.4 : Nano attacks in PvP will trigger auto-attack from the target

Originally posted by Lucid Flow
    You will look into it? This is unacceptable! This change cannot be released UNTIL this problem is fixed! Are you joking me?
    Geez people, show some PATIENCE here. Do you HONESTLY expect them to drop EVERYTHING to put in ONE item for ONE particular class? They have to A: Figure out if it's actually possible with the code base, B: Figure out HOW TO DO IT, C: Program the actual changes, and D: Put it on the test server for testing. It's not like they can wave a magic wand and have everything JUST the way they want it, and it's not fair to everyone else to hold up everything else just to make you happy.

Re: Re: ADDED 13.4 : Nano attacks in PvP will trigger auto-attack from the target

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

*Why do I try? I already *KNOW* they won't fix it before they rush out another patch...
    They will look into it, and will prolly do something about it, calm down.
    NT phone HOME!!

As an NT I DON'T PvP cause I can't.

I would get wiped by almost every other class out there. Sure we hit really hard but what good does it do if you die from a burst, a fling, a random hit and an aimed shot? HP is our biggest weakness. In a mission today I got hit by an NPC NT nuke for 817 points. With my Efraams protection running i have 1192 HP, its PISTOL (npcs have godly pistols for some damn reason) had already hit me twice for 96 HP dmg each (amazing how it hit me for the same EXACT number each time) . Im level 60 and the mob i was fighting was conning in at |-0---+-----| . Good god! I had to run for my life. I don't have crap armor (I have Basic Nano Armor appropriate for my level). My PvM example of what we get to deal with an nanomage NT's.

Our only advantage NOW in PvP would be a an opening sneak attack. And HOPE our first hit lands hard. My best nuke NEVER hits for its max on NPCs and a almost always hits for only 500 or so. It takes TEN seconds to cast.

If a player gets an auto attack the instant I START casting my nano - odds are I will die by the time it finishes casting. If the nuke I'm casting succeeds and lands on the target THEN he can auto attack me. If I fumble, which happens 50% of the time on the large opening nukes, then he shouldn't even know I tried to hit him.

Also, overequipping nanos IS NOT the same as over equipping rifles. With an MP mastery buff we can upload nanos yet out of our reach but once the mastery runs out we can no longer use them. I would propose that once we get seomthing uploaded that we be able to use it whenever we want. Just like over equipping a gun.

I agree that auto attack should not activate untill the attack lands. However, it would be cool if 1-3 seconds(depending on your nano resistance) before the attack lands, you get a message like:

"The hair on the back of your neck stands up. Something is not right...."

This message should appear even if the attack does not land, but should not directly give away the caster. This would limit someones ability to cast over and over again untill the attack lands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast