Thread: ICC Accepts Omni-Tek Petition: Taxes And Surcharges Lifted

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

ICC Accepts Omni-Tek Petition: Taxes And Surcharges Lifted

December 16th, 29478

(IRRK) -- The Interstellar Confederation of Corporations (ICC) has announced today that taxes and surcharges usually levied on applicants for official Rubi-Ka citizenship have been removed as of midnight yesterday.

This allows immigrants and explorers seeking a new life on Rubi-Ka to arrive planet side with a minimum of red tape

An ICC spokesman said last night: “We feel that given the pressing danger presented by the alien forces currently attacking the planet, and the fact that diplomatic communication with that enemy has not been forthcoming, we were obliged to accept a petition made last week by the Omni-Tek Corporation to lift the current restrictions on individuals being granted Rubi-Ka citizenship.”

They did confirm though that the required additional licenses to mine notum, own cities and enter the Shadowlands would still remain in place.

The spokesman was not able to release the exact details of the petition sent by Omni Tek, but it is understood to have included further demands that the ICC did not feel were warranted, sources close to the ICC suggest that Omni Tek may have even requested permission to move an expanded military force onto the planet, but the ICC after careful deliberation felt that this was not warranted and that Omni Tek had sufficient resource on Rubi-Ka to defend itself, but had no objection to accepting the request for allowing easier access to the planet for their employees.

The clans are understood to have expressed deep concern to the ICC representatives on Rubi-Ka regarding the military aspect of the petition and a last minute addendum to only allow registered Omni-Tek employees onto the planet under this new waiver was rejected, presumably because the ICC feared reprisals from clan forces if they were seen to be allowing Omni-Tek to use the alien threat as a cloak for a major redeployment of military forces on Rubi-Ka.

Despite the diplomatic wrangling the waiver was agreed, and got a cautious welcome from Clan leaders when questioned.

Ramon Bauer of the Vanguard read a short pre-prepared statement from their leader Alan Jacobi:

“We welcome these new citizens to Rubi-Ka, and should they make the correct declarations and choose not to join Omni Tek then they are most welcome in the city of Athens and we look forward to trading with them.”

Sentinels leader Simon Silverstone, speaking from Tir was more to the point:

“Waiver or no waiver, my rules remain the same, only those who declare themselves loyal to the clan cause are welcome on the streets of this city, I don’t care where they come from, or what political manoeuvre made it easier for them to get here, as long as they are able bodied and ready to bear arms against Omni-Tek then they are alright by me.”

Omni-Tek officials expressed their gratitude to the ICC and denied that any additional demands had been made. The official statement from Omni-Admin read:

“Omni-Tek welcomes all new employees to the planet of Rubi-Ka in this hour of need and is grateful to the ICC for granting our petition to waiver the immigration levies against new citizens.

“We are saddened by the fact that at a time when all the citizens of Rubi-Ka should be showing solidarity against a common enemy that our political adversaries would seek to make ground and sway public opinion against us over an issue such as this’.

"There were no additional requests in our petition to the ICC and of course citizens arriving on the planet have freedom of choice and we in no way wish to influence their decision to join us here at Omni-Tek. We feel that our reputation speaks for itself and in terms of job security, safety, accommodation and reward a career with Omni-Tek is the best way to spend your life on Rubi-Ka.”
    Last edited by Socialfly; Dec 16th, 2004 at 15:57:25.

Hooray, down with taxes!

Dabblez

(( hehe I had to write this article 2-3 times before I figured out it was about the new free AO accounts! Very subtle. ))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Some new blood would do good for this planet. Only concearn is that if newcomers would have same rights as others, would that make them second grade citizens?

((Not that subtle, additional licenses=expensions))
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Again Omni-Tek has stepped forward and taken the initiative to secure the continued prosperity of Rubi-Ka. My congratulations go out to Omni-Admin in succesfully getting this waiver passed.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Indeed. Omni Tek once again stepping up and doing good for the best of our planet. More guns aimed at the aliens ships.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK
    Ramon Bauer of the Vanguard read a short pre-prepared statement from their leader Alan Jacobi:

“We welcome these new citizens to Rubi-Ka, and should they make the correct declarations and choose not to join Omni Tek then they are most welcome in the city of Athens and we look forward to trading with them.”
    Does this mean neutrals are finally allowed to buy refreshments and equipment in athen? I would realy welcome this change of attidue against us. It would show thta atleast the Vanguards have some good sense how to do business.
    We all know that the sentinels dont have and probably will never get.
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

I think as long as Simon Silverstone runs things over there neutrals can only dream of walking into that city left in peace.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Wow, This "article" fits in exactly with what I said here.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    I think as long as Simon Silverstone runs things over there neutrals can only dream of walking into that city left in peace.
    Who did you bribe to get post of Commissioner? Or didn't job requirement inclode reading skills? Silverstone don't run things anywhere. And Vanguards bother neutrals only to trade with them.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

So it will be really easy to anyone to find their way to Rubi Ka... And I mean anyone.

We all know that Rubi Ka is not just another planet. And a lot will jump into a shuttle not even knowing where they are going. The population of Borealis exploded already.
    But nothing prevent them from being heroes.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Dec 19th, 2004 at 00:58:59.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    Silverstone don't run things anywhere..
    roflmao

This is beyond comment......

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Indeed. Omni Tek once again stepping up and doing good for the best of our planet. More guns aimed at the aliens ships.
    yeah, it's not like the clans did anything to get more hands to carry guns on this planet. It only proves who really cares what happens here and who only want to bake their own cake, or sumthing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    Who did you bribe to get post of Commissioner? Or didn't job requirement inclode reading skills? Silverstone don't run things anywhere. And Vanguards bother neutrals only to trade with them.
    heh Any money want to bet this poor sap is neutral?
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Dont get things twisted my dear mindless Omni-Tek employees.

“Omni-Tek welcomes all new employees to the planet of Rubi-Ka in this hour of need and is grateful to the ICC for granting our petition to waiver the immigration levies against new citizens."

simply means making up for the employees going haywire, disapearing or getting killed by the aliens. now OT has two enemies and needs double as many people.
    Its terribly strange to me that you work in such a big coorporation and you still havent figured out that its all about the money that you yourself are also blinded by.

We do not complain though. You can always invite new people but i can entrust you that half of those people will be underdogs that will see the truth and join us as well. win-win situation here.

by the way...

Simon Silverstone is just a loudmouth at the moment. pfshhh I cant believe hes even got you Omnis on his line thinking hes the man or something cuz he deployed some guards into Tir...

Truth will envail. one day...*grins slightly*