Thread: how does the parts decide the ql

how does the parts decide the ql

i got a weapon receptable or what its called and i bought the missing part. but the part is a little lower ql than the unfinished gun part, will that lower my ql of the gun? i tried to buy a higer ql part but it wouldnt let me combine them( giving me a message that i didnt have the skill)

/cal
    Caljeriko - Opi _fixer RK1
    RK-explorer
    Uberos- atrox_enf RK1
    Keeping lvl 100 zones safe
    Caldraco - sol _adv RK1
    SL-explorer to be

In this case the gun will be the ql of the part you use.
    Might want to get the higher ql part and a friendly engineer around to build the gun.

Are you certain? It doesn't seem to be working that way for my Mauser conversion. Instead, the QL of the weapon at each stage seems dependent on the QL of the "base" item (in this case a Mauser Particle Streamer).

Sorry to muddy the waters,

~R~
    Last edited by Soyuz; Jul 7th, 2002 at 09:32:58.

Like I said In this case.
    You know this SPECIFIC instance of someone using trade skills.

For weapon receptable, the part determine the ql. If the part is lower than the receptable, the finished item will be the ql of the part.

MCS process is different as the last step (plate) is not available in high ql from shop terminal.

The MCS creation works the same way as Implant cretion. Higher the skill, the higher the QL jump.

Improving weapons with a MRR results a 0.15*QL higher QL weapon.

For receptacles the missing part dictates the final QL

For building weapons from scratch, the construction kit dictates the final QL.

That's useful information, thanks. Time to show my ignorance now - what's an MRR?

Cheers,

~R~

Mass Relocation Robot.
    Added to the game to make a bunch of weapons more interesting and to give lowbies (below 20 or so, discs are ql 10 IIRC) a chance at earning cash by selling the instruction discs that others can turn into the instructions needed by a MRR