Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Consolidated IPR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher
    Here's a new idea:

1 IPR per 1K tokens earned

This would give the older players an advantage that I believe they deserve for leveling on RK before SL and Hecks. Thoughts?

1 Full ipr for 1k tokens maybe

1 Singel is just silly

just 1 full ipr and keep the current settings (1 at ai 15 and 1 and ai 30). don't turn it into a flavor-of-the-month thingy
    Didi 'Cnyper' Kempot - mimic Eejgunt, proud Unit Member of Hells Heroes

Changes to the IPR mechanic so that over long periods of time IPR becomes available to allow characters to move with the game.

Many changes have come and gone which force players to relearn skills..

Limitted Lifespan characters create limitted customers which doesn't make for good long term play.. when people run out of IPR and game mechanics change they will leave rather than start over from scratch.

Suggesting that people "learn there characters" is not a fair assumption for 2 reasons:

1) it should not be required to browse databases and read forums to play the game.. a lot of the fun of the game is learned through trial and error.

2) Long term players have been through many gameplay changes... changes to the way Attack Rating, Initiatives, Crit, PvP, Weapon Skills, MBS, Concealment, Specials.. New items have been added to use previously useless skills.. new items have been added that are improvements of old items but require different skills...

All in al this leads to the necesity to be able to grow your character as the game grows and changes... Prior to Alien Invasion, no one knew it would be so simple to get an addition 340 points in nano or weapon skills... no one knew a scope considerably better than the ELLTS would be implemented which would make the ip used in both EE and WS fairly useless...

Once long ago evades didn't work as they do now

Some day Parry will have a purpose and might be necesary for some...

once sharp objects had no items

Once Chemistry and pharma Tech had little to no use.

Once soldier guns required IP into 2 different skills (HW, RE, and AR generally)

Once support classes could land bursts effectively

Once adventuring had no use (now it's needed for survival gear and map casting)

Once there were no decent pistol options for non-adventurers (that didn't require high burst and fling skill)

Once, MA was considered a good skill for Engies and Doctors.

Once Lockpicking was a skill that everyone had to raise for missioning

Once Comp lit wasn't needed to be higher than the QL200 NCU required.

Once, there were NO heavy weapons options that didn't require assualt rifle and there still are no low level heavy weapon options.

Once NT's all had to use weapons

Once there were reasons to use Ground Vehicles...

Once perception did nothing...

Once Shotgun/Pistol Diamondine Kick Pistols were a fair choice

Once Enforcers had little options but to got 2hb, then enforcers had little option but to be 2he, then enforcers got nerfed and couldn't get a team with 2hb again, now enforcers can use weapons of their choice.

Adventurer weapons have forced changes between melee and ranged weapons to be effective for teaming...

Once training multi-melee to use Phulakterions seemed like a great idea, til I found out that Bureaucrats can get 200 points in nano skill over their highest nanos to cast..

the first to level through new levels were the greatest at risk to find out their ip should've been used differently

New players are at a great risk to pick up the wrong weapon early (because of it being the only thing they can find) and then forever gimp their character.

Once duel wield FA 3927's were the only reasonably option in game for ip useage..

Once crat pets made them good, now at 220 it's all about weapon choices.

Once PvP wasn't all about special attacks

Once crits landed full % in PvP

Once players did full damage in PvP

Once there weren't over-equipping rules

Once Decranum's MK II was the only good armor in gain, so everyone had to train psychology to be effective...

And that will certainly not be the end of it all.... the game WILL CONTINUE to tweak game mechanics.. the game WILL CONTINUE to add new items requiring skills that people never phathomed they'd need... The game WILL CONTINUE to move forward, to change, to improve...

The only way to make it possible for players to move with the game is to have continually recycling IPR...

People play to have fun, having fun often means rolling with the punches as new content is added. Having fun often means adjusting one's character to gameplay changes.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Quote Originally Posted by Kissysuzuki
    IP resets were a mistake.

Should never have been given and should be removed from the game.

Learn your profession and make a descision people!
    That would be valid if game mechanics didn't change with the wind..

that would be valid if a requirement to play was that you had to plan out what your character will be at level 220 when you roll them in the backyard (it shouldn't be a requirement to read forums and browse databases to play the game). How the heck is a new character going to know what a level 220 is like?

Most people play for fun... people will continue to play as long as it is fun. No one will have fun if the skill their character is based on suddenly becomes third class or nerfed... re-rolling is not a fair expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Feetus
    I'm very excited to see IPR being looked at. The idea I would prefer was one I had about it back before Shadowlands came out. In that suggestion, I stated that IPR should remain as it currently is, but at level 200 you continue to gain rubi-ka Experience. At the point your experience bar filled (somewhere around 75mil) it would then be reset and you would gain one new perk point. As the game continuously evolves then there should be no maximum limit to the total number you can ever use, but perhaps a limit of up to 4 IPRs stored up at any point in time. When you are lower than 4 IPRs built up then you will be able to build those back up again by filling your XP bar again.

Applying this same idea to Shadowlands would be much rougher considering the enormous amount of SK required for the 220 ding. I would still prefer the logic from the original idea to apply. That way, while you're beyond level 200 and gaining SK in Shadowlands, you can also accrue XP towards a roll over to more IPR. I believe this leaves a variety of options on how you build them up (be it by just casually letting IPRs build up while you do quests, kill pocket bosses, raid uniques, etc), or you grind out missions, or kill mobs in Shadowlands, or however you decide to build it up.

So to summarize, I suppose you could say my idea is:

Allow players to build up to 4 IPR at any time by gaining some form of experience.

Although I think it would be best to mask this "IPR XP" in the form of some other XP that way people won't freak out when they see a 4th type of XP needed to gain in this game.

I love that idea =)

Cheers!

I think about it the same way you do.. as RELEARNING the skills

I'd even be ok if I had to relearn level 220 if I ever needed to to keep my character up with gameplay changes.

Full IRP at 220 sounds great to me. Also I think I timer like the way our perk resets done would be realy good mabye one IRP a month or so...

Agree with Czarina, once SL came I went for rifle, only to find out that it pritty much sucked on hecklers and most other things. Was using X-3 back then and did'nt know of a good alternative gun. Things like this repeats themself over and over again in AO and it's hard to keep up with changes, its not a flavour of the months, its being able to play the game.

FC should see this as a opportunity 2 get old players back aswell :P

Yeeeeeesss ! IPR ! We need some IPR system ... I have 0 IPR atm, and i need em for more fun in game !

BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM BUMP FOR NEW IPR SYSTEM
    Gimpy Fixa - [Cypok] [Equip] [Perks]

Bump for IPR system similiar to perks reset, but with 1 month timer on it

IPR Based on /played is not a good idea, because it provides incentive for people to log on and afk during the night/day merely to get more IPR. This would increase lag, and provide unfair advantage to those with an internet connection stable enough to do so.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Three IPR every 24 hours, like a perk reset. ( Posted by DkBarett )

I liked this one
    Disquast - 218 | Doctor - - - Keelhaul - 220 | Soldier
    Black Dawn Syndicate - http://blackdawn.eu

Thats waaaay too much disq

One each month would be ok imho.
    22023 Doctor - General of Redemption http://www.clanredemption.com
    APFbot Hostess.
    Setup

IPR reset system similar to the perk system, as in so many hours before another reset. ( Posted by Gabriyell1 ) clicky

This would be the best imo. max 10 maby?

Quote Originally Posted by Nesina
    Thats waaaay too much disq

One per month sounds about right, with none added over 10.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Quote Originally Posted by Portulis
    One per month sounds about right, with none added over 10.
    I agree as well =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nesina

Agree
    Lucas Cromfel
    Remains of Juliena 220 Novice RK1 Meta-Fiziki
    This is my legacy; by the grace of the gods, I am not alone.
    Biodome Tutorial

Remains of Octopuss - Day when justice died.

1 Full IPR for veteran players (pre-sl or nw) then move to the one IPR a month.
    Dirt "Koppolumkins" Nasty 220/30/70 ENF
    Nanobots "Nukelumkins" Inyoface - NT in progress
    Fire "Lilweezyana' Man - Trader in progress
    Spartans

There are soo many people out there with high level character gimped from lack of IPR. On OOC I hear about lowbies spending IP reset points east and west prior to level 50 even.

This needs to be adressed.

Any chance we can get some DEV feedback as to when something might be implemented?

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast