Page 1 of 52 123456789101112131415161718192051 ... LastLast

Thread: Consolidated IPR Thread

Consolidated IPR Thread

This thread will consist of every suggestion that is and has been made about IPRs, and will be stickied on top of this forum. You will be allowed to post on this thread, *but* keep it constructive. New ideas will be added to the origional post and credit given to the poster. Any and all new IPR threads will be closed after this one gets going.

For clarity -
    1 IPR = one skill reset
    Full IPR = complete reset of all skills

One IPR for every alien level over 20. ( Posted by Talan ) clicky

One IPR per forty days of /played time. ( Posted by Nagash ) clicky

One IPR every two weeks, limited by title level, with a max of 25 at TL7. ( Posted by Rukus ) clicky

Three IPR every 24 hours, like a perk reset. ( Posted by DkBarett ) clicky

One IPR a month, with a limit of 10. ( Posted by Nesina and Portulis ) clicky

One IPR a week, with a limit of 4. ( Posted by Animosity ) clicky

IPR reset system similar to the perk system, as in so many hours before another reset. ( Posted by Gabriyell1 ) clicky

One IPR point that regenerates every 48 hours ( Posted by Killgore ) clicky

One IPR point per 1k tokens earned. ( Posted by Cypher ) clicky

Sell IPR points for 500million credits ingame each. ( Posted by Snublefot ) clicky

Sell IPR points for 100million credits ingame each. ( Posted by **aC!Dr3igN** ) clicky

Sell IPR points for 10million credits * level and a level of experience each, with a limit of IPR = title level. ( Posted by Czarina )

3-5 IPRs every patch, but timed as they expire (are removed) in 7 days. ( Posted by DeadAngel ) clicky

IPRs every time weapon stats change. ( Posted by Carmilla ) clicky

One IPR per shadowlevel. ( Posted by If6Was9 ) clicky

2-3 IPR for level 220. ( Posted by Innersanctum ) clicky

Four IPR for TL7. ( Posted by Elucidate )

2-3 IPR for TL7. ( Posted by Vega2 ) clicky

Quest for one IPR that shows up every so often. ( Posted by Jeremiah ) clicky

Reset for one Category ( Abilities, Body, Melee, etc. ) once a month, or more. ( Posted by Promentor ) clicky

One full IPR at TL4, TL6, TL7. ( Posted by Warlord01 ) clicky

Full IPR for pre-SL characters. ( Posted by Blondy ) clicky

Full IPR for characters older than 6 months to a year. ( Posted by Avoncrat )

Full IPR at 220 and AI 30. ( Posted by Yana ) clicky

Full IPR given out as bonus packs. ( Posted by Kaghelion ) clicky

Full IPR at level 50, removed at level 100 if not used. ( Posted by Metaing ) clicky

Full timed IPR that expires 96 hours /played after level 220, or full timed IPR that expires at 24 hours /played at level 200. ( Posted by Cazula ) clicky

Full Perk reset at 200, 220, AI 15, and AI 25/30. ( Posted by Charley D ) clicky

Gradual IP reset over time on a skill over a week, can be turned on and off. ( Posted by Purr ) clicky
    Last edited by Elloraena; Jan 25th, 2005 at 22:50:25.
    -Advisor Elloraena, forums team, Community Relations.

Social Guidelines
    Ark Public Website

I'm a fan of the following:

TL7 IPR
    IPR for level 220.
    Full IPR for characters older than 6 months to a year.
    IPRs every time weapon stats change.
    Quest for one IPR that shows up every so often.

One IPR per shadowlevel. ( Posted by If6Was9 )
    Sell IPR points for 100million credits ingame each. ( Posted by **aC!Dr3igN** )
    One IPR per forty days of /played time. ( Posted by Nagash )

My three favourites

TL7 should give IPRs, I really don't think IPR's affect balance a lot (except for the lack of them)... they are valueless you might as well start with 500 imo. The time effort needed to de-quip/re-quip everything etc. its enough of a deterrent
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

I'd keep current IPR in place.

include 1 ipr every 2 SL

1 full ipr that expires after 96 hours of /played time when you ding 220
    or a one time option to full IPR at 200 that expires after 24 hours of /played time when you get the SK question.

I'll lean more towards the 220 full IPR, because I feel it's earned more at that level, than it is at 200.

I think this would help out all the community "testers" out there that put time and IPRs into helping the community with testing new gear that came out and such.

-Caz
    Cazula Clan Nano Tech
    Tianna69 Clan Fixer
    Michalena Clan Doctor

Peoples Front of Judea

IPR reset system similar to the perk system, as in so many hours before another reset.
    One IPR point that regenerates every 48 hours
    Gradual IP reset over time on a skill over a week, can be turned on and off.

I like these suggestion for the ipr reset maybe we could see one of these put in place.

How about one IPR for every alien level over 20, that would shut a few people up
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

My thoughts on RIP's, errr I mean IPR's (sorted by how good I think the ideas are):

1. The cry for IPR's will allways be there, or atleast come back, if there isnt a way to regenerate IPR over time. Because of this some sort of IPR-system similar to perks would be cool but it would have to be MUCH slower than the perk-system. 1 IPR every few days or so its just silly. 1 IPR per month or a few every 6 months would be better.

2. When it comes to static ways of getting IPR's that only work once per character I think the "1 IPR per alien level above 20" is the best alien-way to solve this. The best shadowland-way to solve this would be IPR's at TL7 or 1 IPR per level after 205. I like the shadowland-version best as its way to hard to get AI-levels above 20. Its just not available to most players like that.

3. Buying IPR with RL cash is another way to do it but what you can do with your character shouldnt come down to how much RL cash you have to spend. It should be controlled by ingame mechanics that works the same way for everyone. Such as slowly regenerating IPR's, either by regenerating 1 point relatively often or a bunch of points rarely. Like once and twice a year.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

One IPR per forty days of /played time. ( Posted by Nagash ) clicky

I like that one.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I'd prefer regenerating suggestions, provided that you could spend more than one Ipr point at time :

One IPR every two weeks, limited by title level, with a max of 25 at TL7. ( Posted by Rukus )
    One IPR a week, with a limit of 4. ( Posted by Animosity )
    Reset for one Category ( Abilities, Body, Melee, etc. ) once a month, or more. ( Posted by Promentor )
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

My idea.

Anything that does not allow us to store IP is worthless. Anything that causes a massive money sink such as 500mil for a single IP, or even 100 million is absolutely a waste. I, a wealthy player and in one of the most wealthy organizations, could not even afford this.

A system that is usable and flexiable for all players is preferable while one that makes IPR overly easy to aquire is not desirable. One IPR every two weeks with a storing bin based on title level (my maximum based on current storing ammounts) is the perfect way to impliment a renewable IPR source.

This would give 25 IPR a year at 52 weeks in a year. (26, rounded down to cap)

One IPR every two weeks roughly means that we get 2 IPR a month. Since most weapons have three skills (Full Auto, Burst, Assult Rifle -- Aimed Shot, Fling Shot, Rifle -- Shotgun, Flingshot -- SMG, Burst -- and combinations of the above) with the exception of less pricy melee skills (which also seem cheaper for most melee professions? I'm not sure. I play Agent not Enforcer/Shade ect) this system is much more desirable in form of balance and playability.

In addition to this IPR change I am advocating --

I still disagree with the 24 hour perk resist. I think it should be 48 hours with a pool much like I have suggested for the IPR system. In addition to this, all perks should be as one pool. Open ended, skill based, and point based. Perk points should be that. Perk points. Not Alien Perk Points/Shadowlands Perk Points -- just Perk Points.

I understand the balancing issues but I do not think this would be unbalancing in any way. I'm sure many people agree -- Dispite the fact that SL perks have stronger specials than the Alien Invasion released perks, I feel that people would still use the same Alien Invasion perks due to the later level bonuses (+24ish at level 10) over many Shadowlands perks.

This gives people many more options and setups per profession.

Combined with a system of IPR which I have suggested the game would be vastly improved on many, many levels.

{Edited by forums moderator Elloraena - Telling FC to hire you and your suggestion is the best is not constructive feeback.}
    Last edited by Elloraena; Dec 14th, 2004 at 00:52:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus
    I still disagree with the 24 hour perk resist. I think it should be 48 hours with a pool much like I have suggested for the IPR system. In addition to this, all perks should be as one pool. Open ended, skill based, and point based. Perk points should be that. Perk points. Not Alien Perk Points/Shadowlands Perk Points -- just Perk Points.

I understand the balancing issues but I do not think this would be unbalancing in any way. I'm sure many people agree -- Dispite the fact that SL perks have stronger specials than the Alien Invasion released perks, I feel that people would still use the same Alien Invasion perks due to the later level bonuses (+24ish at level 10) over many Shadowlands perks.
    As you said yourself, there would be balancing issues. No wait, there would be -severe- balancing issues and this leads me to have real doubts about how much time you've put into researching SL vs AI perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus
    Combined with a system of IPR which I have suggested the game would be vastly improved on many, many levels.
    Your IPR idéa ain't half bad, but I don't think it would be optimal at all. This doesn't say I agree with the current system - it is obviously flaved and a big game-stopper for loads of ppl (Wake up FC.. it's causing loss of income).

{Edited by Forums Moderator Elloraena - keep it constructive please, thanks}
    Last edited by Elloraena; Dec 14th, 2004 at 00:53:12.
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Missing the days of 12.4 - Advisor of Clan Forsaken
    >Current: >Wo "Chaolz" Ha - 220 ENF >Former: >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF

One IPR point that regenerates every 48 hours ( Posted by Killgore )

definetly best idea out there (well maybe 24h not 48h) - rest mostly doesnt make a sense to me
    tamp [equip] and my perks
    pervy [equip]
    timezone: gmt+1
    addicted to ao

WTB~!

Quote Originally Posted by tampoon
    One IPR point that regenerates every 48 hours ( Posted by Killgore )

definetly best idea out there (well maybe 24h not 48h) - rest mostly doesnt make a sense to me
    Doesnt make any sense to you?

Not to pick a fight here but honestly.. what makes sense about being able to strip your character totally naked and redo the IP's once a day or once every second day? Thats what you feel you need if you want 1 IPR every 24/48 hours. Only reason anyone would need that is if they are trying to exploit something or if they want to be tradeskiller and PvP'er at the same time.

Why would you need a IPR every 24 or 48 hour?

Think about it.. thats 170-350+ IPR's a year. What would you use them all for?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I like the systems that allow you to accumulate IPR over time.
    It takes several of them to switch weapon types.
    Fixed increases will only see the issue arise again after people burn those
    few extra IPRs.
    Bolen - 220/23/70 trox ma clanner
    Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    www.synergyfactor.net
    Atlantean

By the way, you do not have to pick the ideas listed if you don't want to, just come up with an origional one that has not been listed yet. Just FYI
    -Advisor Elloraena, forums team, Community Relations.

Social Guidelines
    Ark Public Website

1. One IPR every two weeks, limited by title level, with a max of 25 at TL7. ( Posted by Rukus)

2. Full IPR for characters older than 6 months to a year. ( Posted by Avoncrat )

3. Four IPR for TL7. ( Posted by Elucidate )

As standalone or combined these sounds fairly easy to implement.
    Ancestors could hear what is happening now
    They would turn in their graves
    they would all be ashamed - that the land of the free
    has been written in chains
    And I know what I want - when the timing is right
    then I'll take what is mine
    I am the clansman

Id like to see.

A.) IPR at TL7.

B.) See the IPR that characters made PRE Shadowlands did NOT get that characters made AFTER shadowlands DID get.

C.) Id like to see a regenerating system once you reach 0. like 1 every 10 days. with a max of three.

The reason being that most weapons or trade skills take 2-3 skills. It would take you at least a month to change if you had 0 IPR. That seems like plenty of "downtime" per say.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

I think the best, and most logical thing to do would give a few IPR at Title level 7... Every other title level gives IPR, why not the most critical time for IPR?

Also like the idea of having a single IPR that resets itself every 10 days. So you can use 1 every 10 days and in theory never lose 1 of your IPR's. So if your impatient, you can use your regenerating IPR, and a few extra. Or you can painstakingly wait 10 days to reset each skill.

I think that your character should be based in 1 direction, but as the game changes, its neccassary to provide a way to change your character over a certain time. Funcom has always been aware of this and given us a few IPR's now and then, but I dont think they understand how rapidly the game has been changing lately. We need a way to change our characters on a regular schedule(even if the schedule is based on a long period of time) not whenever the developers decide to throw a few IPR our way.

The one thing I STRONGLY disagree is selling IPR's for cash. At level 220, if an IPR cost you 1m, you can buy hundreds easily, and change every day. However if your level 35, it might take you weeks to earn enough to get a single IPR. The system shouldnt be prejudice against people who lack credits, or lack the ability to get credits.
    Say goodbye to a tangerine sky
    Say hello say hello to tommorow
    When you say goodbye to a tangerine sky
    You lose your pain lose your fear lose your sorrow

1. One IPR every two weeks, limited by title level, with a max of 25 at TL7. ( Posted by Rukus)

2. Full IPR for characters older than 6 months to a year. ( Posted by Avoncrat )

3. Four IPR for TL7. ( Posted by Elucidate )

Now pls start and get it in 15.8

Page 1 of 52 123456789101112131415161718192051 ... LastLast