Thread: Suggestion for this forum

Post Suggestion for this forum

Figuring out is fun to me. At least when I don't HAVE to figure it out . So my suggestion for this forum is, don't post recipes.

Instead, if you make an item just post it can be done and maybe a link to antiguardians' db. Maybe some hints about price, availability of components/materials/instructions, skill requirements and such.

Really hope this forum doesn't turn into a cook book.
    postcount++

Agreed, I like figuring out tradeskills I and try to improve a lot of stuff, and I may have spilled stuff in the past...but I can improve.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Now i don't wanna sound like whimer or anything, but u dont HAVE to read the posts taht explains how to do stuff.
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

Not always, they do sell guides for 80% of this stuff in-game, plus everything you can't make, there isn't a guide for. There are a few exceptions, but none too signifigant
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Guidebook vs. Cookbook

While I can partly sympathize with your point, I for one find my innate frugality kicking in even when its only 'virtual' money. Plus, until you have at least one character at rather high levels, you simply will find yourself sacrificing armor/weapons/nanos/implants for trade skill experiments, and many of us (like me) would appreciate access to this at lower levels.

Personally, I would narrow it to a few main issues that can hardly be called cookbook, since I don't believe they are well-addressed in-game.

1. Non-consumable equipment - How does quality level come into play here? A QL10 Gem-cutter will work on any gem, but the same isn't true for the wire extractor - I believe you are limited to double the QL for those, but it varies by device.

2. Compatibility - as we all know, nano-clusters can be a much higher QL than the implant, but the reverse isn't true. What component is the limiting factor on QLs for other trade skills?

3. Working recipes - you don't need to post the exact formula to simply state this can (or cannot) be created currently, and possibly the skill level at which it can be accomplished.

4. Availability - is this component in stores, or loot-only?

Hmm, I'm probably forgetting something here, but its a start. On a related note, as a returning player, have they fixed tutoring YET? It seems to me that would do more to revitalize a trade-skill community than anything else they could do, with the possible exception of a trade-skill specialized channel in addition to the normal "shopping" ones.

Yes, Lisje, I also don't regard those as recipes.

Alvador, predictable

How about we set up a "rule"? Whoever posts a recipe is expected to "warn" us of that in thread title.

e.g. RECIPE: IQ Ring
    postcount++

Lisje, tutoring devices were fixed some time ago - they are self use only (you can't buff others ) but the effects are quit nice.

I am level 59 at present, my tutoring is somewhere around 180-200 I believe and I can buff trade skills by +10 with the devices. That's all from memory, I could be wrong on the figures but lets just say that tutoring is well worth it now, especially at high levels.

Now, who wants to give me a free Pioneer pack for that tasty +150?