Thread: Damage calculation in-game mechanics wanted

Damage calculation in-game mechanics wanted

Hello.
    I´m a relative n00b to this game but I´m always interested in the game mechanics on a mathematically base.
    I´ve found out so far:

attack value <---> enemy evade value ---> chance to hit (and crit)
    damage dealt <---> enemy AC ---> real damage dealt

What I _don´t_ know is how exactly your chance of a hit (and a crit) computates based on the attack and evades and how your damage before beeing modified by AC computates.
    I´ve searched the forum but i couldn´t find any satisfying answer yet.
    Let´s say i´m using a Weapon with 10-400 (100) damage what is my damage _before_ AC is taken into account on one hit?
    And likewise for the chance, I´ve got an attack value of 500 and the mob has an evade of 600, what are my odds to hit or even crit?

oh, you're not the only one who want's to know some exact numbers

but Funcom is very silent about this. all formulas and numbers floating around are calculated by players. some are doing a great work in testing and so.

i'm sorry, but i can't give you exact numbers either

there are however some threads on the profession boards related to such things. i.e. the init faq by chronita on the ma board.

check them out

hmm, I´ve read about the init and got a pretty good formulae for it (at least for weapon init).
    So if there are no exact numbers, what are the estimates? Or at least what does the damage depend on?
    I´m going to search the prof boards too - I hope I do find some enlightenment there
    Thanks for your answhere anyway though.

?

Mayby you shud visit www.auno.org

there is Damage Calculator and Weapons Evaluator

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Well thanks for your reply.
    I´ve seen a very similar calculater at antiguardians already, but what I really wanna know is, how those calculators computate their values. Especially the normal damage and critical damage that is dealt per blow, not over a period of time.
    If there´s a calculator than there has to be some base formulae to calculate just that.

How evades exactly work is anyonese guess.
    Damage is displayed as min-max(crit)
    example : 1-351(820)

normal damage is 1 to 351
    crit damage is 351+820 = 1171
    There are a few modifiers
    Attack skill, armour, reflect shields, rings of power, damage boosting nano's

(attack skills/400)+1 is a modifier on damage
    If you have 600 skill the gun above does damage as 2.5-877.5(2050)

Rings of power & damage boosting nano's are added to the total

Armour reduces damage by 1 pt for every 10 points you have. Except when fighting NPC's which have a min damage

reflect shields reduce the damage by the % that stands under maxium <type> reflect, even allowing to go under the min damage rule of NPCs

Ahh, thank you Alberon, that´s what I was looking for.
    So a high attack not only makes crits and hitting more likely, but also helps for better damage too.
    One more thing: you say rings of power and damage nanos are added to the total. In your example a pretty decent nano might do +20 to all damage types, which would make final damage, 22,5-897,5(2070), right?

Well, since last night I'm begining to think even devs themselves can't answer this topic. Because there's just too much randomness in it.

If a green Atrox Enf mob resists ransack EIGHT times in a row...give me math behind that!
    postcount++

Talking nope..

Originally posted by Midnight

One more thing: you say rings of power and damage nanos are added to the total. In your example a pretty decent nano might do +20 to all damage types, which would make final damage, 22,5-897,5(2070), right?
    afaik +damage nanos and items (rings etc) add their number to the top end of the weapon damage scale, but do not add their damage to each shot (some exceptions to this seems to be the MA 2 min damage nanos and the bear shrines)

so if you're doing 1-200(200) and you put on a +10 ring of whatever damage you are doing, you will now do 1-210(200)

I think this is correct because I have hit for less that my min+ rings many times.. (So in the example above, you could still hit for 1->10 (I'm ignoring AMS just now)
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Like it was said, the ring bonus is added at the very end, after the ams, ac, etc calculations are being made. I'd check if the mob had either a reflect or absorb running while you were hitting it.