Thread: I miss old pvp (almost a whine)

I miss old pvp (almost a whine)

To get started.. I very rarely post, but I've been playing this game since a week after release.

I remember when low level doc / soldier teams used to let juggernaughts kill themselves attacking a mk shield.

and seeing people blur past me when run debuffs used to increase your run speed.

when most of the people in the game thinking that evades wern't worth the ip and then complaining about being aimed shotted for 10k, when turning your agro bar down used to drastically reduce the damage.

when most people thought duck explosions.. was for ducking out of the way of explosions (and so pretty much useless).

when burst did respectable damage.

when maussers were thought of as uber weapons.

when beam users almost didnt exist and rubi-ka was flooded with no recharge hammer users.

I came to this game from EQ and loved it.. health kits, nano kits, guns.. most I was ever not doing anything was 30 secs and even then it sometimes seems a long time to wait, before this I played in a game where if you solo'd then you waited 10 mins between kills.

I loved this game so much, it was full of bugs tho.. and lag was insane, and there was constant whining on the boards (same with every mmorpg out or ever will be created in my opinion) and everyone that was playing a different game had a incredibly low opinion of AO because of the bug filled release.. still.. I loved this game.

Then DAoC came out, and I had pretty much burned myself out on AO, got tired of leveling and used to pvp a lot on RK2.. but gave DAoC a try and after a while gave up on that.. tried going back to EQ.. gave up on that about 20 mins after starting a new char when the downtime waiting on mana at lvl 2 was more than I'd ever get in ao at any point, and so I came back.. to find they changed pvp damage to 50% and capped specials at 40%.. tried to pvp again (using pre nerf scope) and now its crappy.. my guns seems to be firing wads of tissue paper at my opponents and outdamaging healers is insane (it used to be tricky but possible).

I dont want to leave AO, I dont plan on leaving AO, I will however be trying other games.. I just.. really.. wish pvp was the same, a lot of the people that complained about the way it was.. never truly had a grasp on the game in the first place, sure.. some genuine arguments for the damage nerf existed, but they were kinda washed away in the sea of whining, if damage was turned back to 100% I'm convinced that more people would be happy than upset about it, pvp in AO used to be way better than it is now and probably could still be if they turned the damage back up.. yes.. pvp fights with 100% damage last about as long as fights in FPS games, but.. it works, people just dont like being owned so quickly when they believe their character is 'uber'.

who did you pvp as on rk2?

(Xabrak maybe?)
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

bah I miss pvping in july/august ;(

Ah yes...grid camping and 1 shot kills....those were the days.
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

beats all the crap that goes on nowadays
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

sure does...i remember when MMD had more than 5 people there at AO primetime. Now the current system offers a 'pvm' style of fighting and encourages running to zone.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)