Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Can there ever be peace?

Quote Originally Posted by XCantara
    I wonder, could the same ever happen on Rubi Ka?
    No, I don't think so, unfortunately.
    As has been reported, even when trying to assist in fighting off alien attackers neither omni nor clan is allowed to enter/leave the other faction's territory.
    What it does show, in my opinion, is that even though we consider ourselves to be civilized as we are, we really have quite a distance to go to actually reach that goal - and that we've lengthened that distance since those days so long ago.
    After all, war is the most inhuman large-scale activity that we have and until we find some other means of solving our differences, we're stuck. And for 27,000 years we've been unable to do so..

((Yes, it's touching indeed. But then, WWI was the last "innocent" war - and the innocence was gone even before it ended..))
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

War is the one constant in the universe.
    Saxon1's Equipment
    General Of Omni-Pol Tower Command.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

As for speaking about aliens they dont care much about the war in between clans as omni beside taking advantage to their own cause since it makes us looking into two directions instead of focus on one ...

I'm landing in this dump heap of a planet in about half an hour. I got my orders from ICC and in the corporate trash of Omni. But, I say this let's call a total ceasefire. I am coming for one purpose save you from yourselves. And, exterminate the vermin alien invaders from this planet. You may either be with me or against me. But, let's obliverate them this is our world and we deserve to fight each other. Not them trying to exterminate us. And, see if for once we can work together. Because I fear this is only the beginning.

You may say go back to your cozy little palace in the Carpathian Mountains. Doubted I am a Princess back on Earth. When I hit the garbage heap of a planet I am a soldier. ICC is laughing at both Omni and Clans not being able to get along they are the ones that are the enemies. They are the ones who are supposed to be in charge of both Sol Banking and Omni Tek and you are being decieved. ICC could end this all by a corporate merger. But, ICC is the one making more money off the wars.

And, Happy New Years everyone.
    Last edited by Kitty_Tepulus; Jan 6th, 2005 at 05:49:02.
    Royalty by birth. I now discovered my future. ICC Resistance Leader. ICC wants to reclaim Rubi-Ka. And, I am a fighter not a diplomat.

I have just finished my research wearing my Omni uniform and these are my research notes.

After, carefully observing these aliens they do not look like they are from another planet along with the spacecraft. This is definately the work of ICC. Genetically altered creaturs in a ICC Corporate built spaceship. I believe that ICC is behind this whole entire Invasion. Clanners, Omni so blind; I pity them. The claim to Rubi Ka is almost up ICC will take over. And, Rubi Ka will be much worse under ICC control. Why do we keep on fighting? We need to make peace or ICC will dominate us all and be real slaves under a bunch of Dictators. Omni was never the evil corporation. ICC could have intervined at anytime but did not. ICC been making lucrative credits through this war. Omni, Clanners, the People of Rubi Ka are having it much worse than the Corporate Executives of ICC. People I plead with you join up and attack the Oppressive ICC. Freedom for All.
    Last edited by Kitty_Tepulus; Jan 10th, 2005 at 02:30:42.
    Royalty by birth. I now discovered my future. ICC Resistance Leader. ICC wants to reclaim Rubi-Ka. And, I am a fighter not a diplomat.

umm, i suggest u lay of those hallucenagenic stims while u conduct your research. Of all the strange theorys about the invaders, yours has got to be by far the most hilarious one's i have ever heard. ICC Genetically altered creatures my foot. I laughed so damn hard, i nearly spilt my coffee over my desk. It's great to see some good comedy on the grid feed.

steelyglint

Leftenant

The Black Company.

Exclamation

Steely look at ICC spaceships look at invader spaceships nearly identical. Now we know what ICC probably has been doing for over the past 1000 years making rich off the war. Then they do this just before the reclaim of Rubi-Ka. I want some answers from ICC officiakls have you planned this war to claim Rubi-Ka. And, I do not think Omni found Noctum I think it was ICC. ICC has been plaguing both the Clans and Omni. Freedom for All. Omni, Clan join forces and fight the Oppressive ICC.

Clan members Freedom for All, ICC has been lying since day 1. Read between the lines. We both lost family and friends because of this war. We lost both credits and equipment. ICC runs this show. ICC is the only one who could have tapped into network broadcasts. ICC has been playing us both and now this Alien Invasion just before the reclaimining of Rubi-Ka. Just the excuse to reclaim Rubi-Ka. We need to discuss peace immediately. Not only did I come to Rubi-Ka too fight I came as an Ambassador of Goodwill. Doubted I am in Omni ranks I had no choice. It was the best way to get Omni to listen to me. I am staying out of this civil war to kill these genetically altered creatures which ICC made. And, wipe them and ICC off this planet.

Freedom for All

We need to start working together and make a Real Peace Accord of the soldiers and citizens of this planet and rebuild Rubi-Ka. We need to start working together. Will not surprise me one bit ICC gave the orders not Omni to kill the workers in the mine. ICC has been making more credits off Rubi-Ka than Omni will ever see in this Thousand Year Civil War. ICC is the enemy to both Clan and Omni. Let's make a peace alliance.
    Last edited by Kitty_Tepulus; Jan 10th, 2005 at 22:24:53.

*looks around, very confused*

Exclamation

Ok short and simple, I am thinking of putting in the timeline but ICC has made Corporate Laws and Omni has to abide by them. They hav to obey every order ICC tells them to do. This is corporate conspiracy at it's best. Everyone wants to blame Omni. ICC intervines they get Rubi-Ka lease back and now ICC owns Rubi-Ka. And, Rubi-Ka will be ruled in a Dictatorship. It is imperative we live on this planet. Doubted there is Clan andOmni in 29550 in about 50 years ICC will own Rubi-Ka. We need to put our differences aside and fight ICC. They will be much worse than Omni.

I strolled through Athens today. I saw the buildings destroyed the homeless. I was crying. We all need to work together. I wear an Omni Uniform not by choice but ordered. I came from my beautiful palace in the Carpathian Mountains and when I walked into Clan Territory I saw the most beautiful land. But in the cities poverty. Omni will be bankrupt soon I would rather live in an Omni Planet than an ICC planet. If we can destroy ICC maybe just maybe things will get better.

What would you like to live on Omni which is going bankrupt and almost broke and can't pay most of the employees or a Corporate Money Horder ICC which will do worse with lower salaries than Omni and ICC making more profit.

I say this lock and load and destroy ICC. FREEDOM TO ALL.
    Last edited by Kitty_Tepulus; Jan 11th, 2005 at 06:52:27.

Poverty should not be an issue among the Clans. Many Clanners are extraordinarily rich. They run multi-billion credit notum mines, drive fashionable sports range Yalms and even build castles with with their own dragons in the basement to fuel thier delusions of medieval nobility.

If some Clanners are living in proverty, maybe its time they held their own Clan leaders accountable.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Exclamation

I would not hold the leaders responsible those which are milionaires and drive Yams more than likely work for the ICC, like most Omni traitors. Majority of Omni and Clanners are ICC Sympathizers. The ICC, right now has Peacekeeping Forces in all territories. If the people start rising against the ICC instead of attacking each other the ICC can be crushed before there Notum Geneticly Made Creatures in ICC made spacecraft kill Omni, Clanners, and Neutrals. Not one ICC Peacekeeping Forces Trooper was killed, not one ICC War Spacecraft came, better question no ICC spaceship have been seen throughout the Universe.

ICC wants Rubi-Ka. It is rich with valuable resources. With there Nutom Gentically made Creatures attacking Clanners and Omni. ICC crushed all resitance to reclaim Rubi-Ka. Clanners and Omni along with Neutrals Unite. Contact Kittykat so we can build the ICC Resistance. Where everyone will be an equal. Let the future begin.

The Future is Now.
    Freedom For All, Death to the ICC.
    Last edited by Kitty_Tepulus; Jan 13th, 2005 at 00:47:16.

Of course there can be peace!

....oh wait, I'm still on sabbatical, disregard the earlier statement.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

As an Omni I am normaly against the clans, however untill this invasion is over I am more then willing to support a joining of the clans and OT to protect this planet we all call home.
    Like a stealth ninja polarbear, I slip silently into the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty_Tepulus
    drive Yams
    I'm sorry, but have you had too many stims?

(lol, that was too funny to pass up, I'm sorry)

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Most intelligent people can probably see a pattern here. Notum. The mining of Notum. The distribution of Notum. Credits.

Need I say more?

As long as Mother Ka is pillaged by all sides without care to her well-being, I see no end in hostilities. The thing that makes me sad is that war is not at all necessary. There is enough room for all of us here. However, in her current condition, Mother Ka will ultimately fail to support us. And for every day that the mining continues the goal of a stable eco-system creeps further away from our grasp...

From what I can tell, there are but three definite answers to the problem of war:

1) Remove all Notum from this Universe. Then no-one has anything to fight about anymore. Or at least one thing less. At least I or my Brethren would not need see the end of humanity.

2) Make Notum appear everywhere in the Universe. That way there wouldn't be a need to export it, and mining could cease.

3) Destroy all of humanity. This will surely happen if things keep going the way they are, but not without sacrificing Mother Ka to the gods of greed first.

Oh, and finding a way to peacefully use Notum? Humanity is too savage to find such a way. Perhaps this is the thing that the Kyr'Ozch have noticed, and have come the correct the problem. I for one almost hope so.
    Daniel "Cobrian" Tinander
    Priest of the Meta-Physical Order
    My Roleplaying Profile

Agreed, humanity is to violent...maybe that will change in a few thousand years if we havn't destroyed ourselves yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrian

[...]
    Indeed, you needn't say more, greed is an ugly thing that we humans know well, due to the fact that we have been dragging it along with us for millenia..
    And not only is this war "not at all necessary", it is downright detrimental to our chances of survival on this planet, let alone expansion.
    The ressources spent on this futile war could have been much better spent on improving and expanding the terraforming and weather control systems, thus providing access to even more notum - and an opportunity for creating areas for each of the three factions so that we could start to co-exist in a more friendly manner.

As to your solutions:
    The first one is in the process of being implemented, albeit in a haphazard way.

The second one is impossible, as notum is a natural element beyond human capacity to reproduce.

The third one - yes, as long as we speak only of Rubi-Ka, this looks like the final outcome indeed, given our own actions. As for the Aliens, if they manage to beat us here and proceed to the rest of our worlds then humanity might be in grave jeopardy.

What would be a sensible plan would be to allocate ressources to terraform more of this planet (providing access to more notum) and spending the profits of those new areas into artificially recreating notum in a non-harmful way, both with regards to us humans and to the planet itself. That would enable us to stop destroying our home and it would go a long way to ensure the survival of the Nanomages, who cannot live anywhere but here.
    The "only" things required to do this is cessation of war and some long-term planning. And, of course, the population backing up such a plan..
    Of course, in order to keep Rubi-Ka as a central part of human economy, the artificial notum would also have to something that could only be manufactured here, at least in the beginning.

Knightzilla, it is surely a thing to be hoped for, but I fear that we won't change. After all, we have been a warlike race ever since the beginning, all you need is to read up on our history - it is one long row of wars and conquests. Romans invading the Americas, Greeks conquering Africa, worldencompassing wars galore.. I do not know the areas that are spoken of, but the numbers of people killed or enslaved quoted in history texts are huge..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

my last post was OOC and IC by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrian
    1) Remove all Notum from this Universe. Then no-one has anything to fight about anymore. Or at least one thing less. At least I or my Brethren would not need see the end of humanity.
    I would just like to point out that while you would not see the end of humanity, it would only be because you, yourself, would be dead almost immediately.

You do realize the reason nanomages can only live on Rubi-Ka is because of the notum, correct?
    "Yay, full team of 6."
    "With Jaszt's ego, it's more like 8."
    "Hey now, that's not fair... it's more like 18."

[16:28] <Escritores> Jaszt for president

Quote Originally Posted by Jaszt
    You do realize the reason nanomages can only live on Rubi-Ka is because of the notum, correct?
    Yes, this fact is well known to me. However, I would gladly trade my life for all those destroyed by greed and envy, both fruitless products of the savage human mind...

Would you be willing to do the same, even for those that you love?
    Daniel "Cobrian" Tinander
    Priest of the Meta-Physical Order
    My Roleplaying Profile

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast