Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Can there ever be peace?

Never did i mention the employees, to the corporation, employees are merely a cog in the machine that tottaly expendable and replaceable, again another of the symptoms of greed, and u cannot tell me that that is not true, for if that were not the fact, this war would probably never have begun from the start. So let them reap what they have sown.

Bottom of the ladder employees are the ones doing the hard work and driveing the profits of this scar on the planet, and for what, to be payed peanuts, a lousy pension, the false promise of getting to the top, only to be denyed by the hundreds of other brainwashed employees, crawling over the top of each other to reach unforfilled promises. to be put out to pasture when Omni-tek has worked them past their usefulness. In short allowing them selves to be used.

More fool them i say, more fool them. They should revolt too. I do not despise them as u might suggest. They are not masters of their own destiny, they let themselves be blindly led in the pursuit of profit. They have my pity for being so foolish, they have my contempt, but i do not despise them. Untill they wake up from their brain washed slumber, let them be fodder for the reclaim. I hope the nightmare of their poor choices haunts them in their sleep.

Steelyglint

Proud General of The Black company

"We give our word, they shall not pass"
    Last edited by steelyglint; Dec 3rd, 2004 at 12:20:03.

Quote Originally Posted by steelyglint
    Never did i mention the employees, to the corporation, employees are merely a cog in the machine that tottaly expendable and replaceable, again another of the symptoms of greed, and u cannot tell me that that is not true, for if that were not the fact, this war would probably never have begun from the start. So let them reap what they have sown.

Bottom of the ladder employees are the ones doing the hard work and driveing the profits of this scar on the planet, and for what, to be payed peanuts, a lousy pension, the false promise of getting to the top, only to be denyed by the hundreds of other brainwashed employees, crawling over the top of each other to reach unforfilled promises. to be put out to pasture when Omni-tek has worked them past their usefulness. In short allowing them selves to be used.

More fool them i say, more fool them. They should revolt too. I do not despise them as u might suggest. They are not masters of their own destiny, they let themselves be blindly led in the pursuit of profit. They have my pity for being so foolish, they have my contempt, but i do not despise them. Untill they wake up from their brain washed slumber, let them be fodder for the reclaim. I hope the nightmare of their poor choices haunts them in their sleep.
    I know you didn't mention the employees, but the reality is that people who are employed by Omni-Tek, and people who belong, even remotely, to the clans, fire away at each other without any real reason. That is how it is right now. I agree that those unfortunates who do menial labour for Omni-Tek and other corporations ought to make sure they were treated right, but such actions aren't right for everyone. Better that we of the clans deliver them to their freedom. But that struggle, for all its importance, is less of a concern right now than the fact that the entire planet is being threatened by marauding aliens. Don't you agree? Let your anger rest for a minute and try to see past the idealism we all normally embrace. We, as race, may need to tolerate each other for some time in order to survive. As hard as that may be.
    Zen koan of the day:
    What is the sound of one buttock farting?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubricus
    I agree that those unfortunates who do menial labour for Omni-Tek and other corporations ought to make sure they were treated right, but such actions aren't right for everyone. Better that we of the clans deliver them to their freedom.
    Why is it that you Clanners always ASSUME that those of us who CHOOSE to work for Omni-Tek are somehow brainwashed drones who must be freed? Believe it or not, Omni-Tek happens to be a pretty good gig so do me a favor and just DON'T try to "save" me.

Please?
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 3rd, 2004 at 12:52:45.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I dont not fire on the Omni's with out real reason, i, as many of my fellow clansmen, have a long, long list of reasons to be packing the omni's back to a rome reclaim, The Omni-Tek corporation Destroyed everything i held dear as they have done to many many others. My anger will not rest. As for the aliens, i do not fear them. Let them come. May their bones fertilize the Rubi-ka soil.

Steelyglint

Proud General of The Black Company

"We give our word, They shall not pass"

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    Why is it that you Clanners always ASSUME that those of us who CHOOSE to work for Omni-Tek are somehow brainwashed drones who must be freed? Believe it or not, Omni-Tek happens to be a pretty good gig so do me a favor and just DON'T try to "save" me.

Please?
    All right, all right. I'm sure all of your miners and labourers feel the same way, so I'll just keep away, shall I? My POINT, however, was that the aliens might just be such a problem that we need to stop killing each other. If not, expect me to "save" you any day, Nevver!
    Zen koan of the day:

All right, all right. I'm sure all of your miners and labourers feel the same way, so I'll just keep away, shall I?
    Not everyone is cut out to be a Doctor or a Bureaucrat; Omni-Tek provides jobs for anyone who wants one. What you fail to accept is that the world needs people to dig ditches and those types of jobs go to those who lack the skills needed for more cerebral lines of work. However, that does not mean that those workers in less "glamorous" positions are any less important. I respect anyone who works for a living no matter what it is that they do. The bottom line is that all employees are earning a their way through life and providing a valuable service to someone whether they are stitching up the wounded to save a life or digging notum to make everyone's lives better or emptying the fryer at a Bronto Burger stand so that your food will taste fresher.

My POINT, however, was that the aliens might just be such a problem that we need to stop killing each other. If not, expect me to "save" you any day, Nevver!
    Sorry to get off track, Eternalforce, but I think Lubricus and the other fanatics who have voiced their misguided opinions here illustrate perfectly why there will never be peace on Rubi Ka.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Sorry to get off track, Eternalforce, but I think Lubricus and the other fanatics who have voiced their misguided opinions here illustrate perfectly why there will never be peace on Rubi Ka.
    Where did that come from? I have spoken of little other than peace throughout this forum. That last comment was a joke, Nevver. I am happy to leave you alone. Unless you need help against aliens, in which case I will help you if you want me to. Spoken like a true fanatic, right?
    Zen koan of the day:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternalforce
    Would you ever join forces with Omni-Tek for the greater good?
    As an individual person or clan, probably not. The clans must unite as one. Then and only then can I see the clans joining forces with Omni-Tek. There is too much division amongst the clans right now. Its mind boggling to me why Omni-Tek hasn't crushed us yet..

Jekor

Quote Originally Posted by Jekor
    As an individual person or clan, probably not. The clans must unite as one. Then and only then can I see the clans joining forces with Omni-Tek. There is too much division amongst the clans right now. Its mind boggling to me why Omni-Tek hasn't crushed us yet..
    Maybe we have something to thank the aliens for after all...
    Zen koan of the day:

Where did that come from? I have spoken of little other than peace throughout this forum. That last comment was a joke, Nevver. I am happy to leave you alone. Unless you need help against aliens, in which case I will help you if you want me to. Spoken like a true fanatic, right?
    Hmmm... I think I misunderstood what you were saying... I thought you were going to "save" me by removing my head from my shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekor
    Its mind boggling to me why Omni-Tek hasn't crushed us yet.
    My mind is boggled as well over why we haven't done that yet. Oh well, good things come to all who wait.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

lolz

Clan != Omni Ever!

but if tir could get some of the omni guards that were in trade, hell yeah, i would join up =p
    Monayshot
    220 Fixer AL: 28

Coxtrox
    220 Soldier AL: 27 (Permanent Vacation)

Oh well, good things come to all who wait.
    Yes, that's right! Wait... That will do the trick!
    Zen koan of the day:

Well the bickering an fighting in words was entertaining if NOT very productive to the asked question.

Can there ever be peace?

That is the question really an as you can see from some of the more entertaining posts that for some the answer will always be... NEVER!!! Or the all impressive when all of(fill in your least favorite faction) are dead!!!

This for the VAST silent majority is an extremely vocal minority. Look if you will the number of actual organizations from any side with there hot anger filled rhetoric an you will see a clear MINORITY. Yes that is right those who want to utter an complete extinction of one side over the other are in the extreme minority. unfortunately there minority is filled with the most vocal of the conflict.

How then do we have peace?
    Peace can only be obtained when those who desire it finally rise above the words an anger an treat the minority like they are.
    A MINORITY!!!

How do we accomplish this?
    Simple ignore those people who will never talk of peace an help defend against them. Until Clan Omni an Neutrals who want an end of this silly blood shed stand up an publicly state to all. It is ended we will take part in no more and will try to stop those of our side from perpetuating this POINTLESS war. There will be no end.

How do we accomplish this?
    A miltifaction treaty/council for mutual protection. This would mean tough choices maybe for clan you might have to fight against those of a more radical bent to defend a omni tower or even omni person ell helping defend a fellow clan council members tower from omni organizations.

Would this be easy?
    NO. Until all are willing to defend an maintain peace there will be none. Nothing worth while is easy an peace on our planet will be one of the hardest fought battles mankind has ever faced. Until ALL who want peace are willing to fight to maintain it no matter WHO the foe is there can be none. An so the war continues with no end in sight.

I'll go right ahead and apologise for my harsh (?) words. I really would like to live in a peaceful world - at least more peaceful than it is nowadays. But I can't see it happening. Omni-Tek would have to acknowledge the sovereignty of the Clanners, and the Clans would have to let Omni-Tek do business the way it wants to, and both of those conditions seem like vain hope to me. We can hope, but I doubt we'll see any kind of real peace any time soon. Unless the aliens kill us all, that is...
    Zen koan of the day:

History has taught us that there can NEVER be peace without a war. At this time its Omni-Tek vs. the Clans (multiple clans). Omni-Tek could beat down and subdue one or two clan factions and make peace with them, but that still leaves 4 or more clans that are the enemy and are still at war. Until the Clans unite as one, and either defeat or lose to Omni-Tek, there willl NEVER be peace. We will just live in a constant state of Anarchy. The Kyr'Ozch invasion has just added another wrinkle to the mess. How could the clans join Omni to repel the Kyr'Ozch when they can't even get it together enough to fight Omni-Tek? Its one cluster of a mess and it will not get resolved until either the clans wise up or the Aliens destroy us all. Omni employee's are lame-ducks with no real say in this matter..

Jekor

Hmm.. this may not be the time and place for me to speak, but I choose to say my piece and let the chips fall where they will.

As an independent operator I have travelled extensively in both clan and neutral areas and often also in OT lands. On these trips I have met with many people and I've indeed found that the vast majority only want to live in peace and raise their children while helping to turn Rubi-Ka into the lush, green planet that we all hope it may one day become.

But I've also met some of those people who have suffered greatly as a consequence of this conflict, either feeling the wrath of war themselves or having to see their children mutilated and killed before their eyes - and in some cases both. These acts have been committed by members of all factions, noone is free of blame and noone is worse than the others so there is no reason to start a discussion about this - it is just a sad fact.
    As a soldier, I have myself caused agony for civilians even if I tried to avoid it - I do not shirk my part of the responsibility and my only defence is that a war does dehumanize those who fight in it.

While I agree that we must all stand up to those who want to perpetuate this conflict I at the same time find it very difficult indeed to condemn a mother for wanting justice for what was done to her child.
    In time perhaps we can all come to terms with what this war has done to us and to those we hold dear - but the thing is, noone and nothing can ever erase the pain in our hearts, it will be with us for all time to come. Even if we agree to stop the senseless killing we will still miss our friends and relatives and be saddened when we go to familiar places and find that we are without those who used to share the experience.

There are some people that hold positions of power due to this war and there are some people that earn a profit from it - if we can remove these people from the equation, then we stand a chance at attaining peace as they're the ones that set others up to carry out attacks. For one thing is true, as it have been for many millenia of human warfare - those people are seldom seen in the frontline, they spend their time dreaming up new scemes to further their own end while others face the weapons and slaughter of battle.

Yes, we must all stand up and demand peace and then we must, one by one, remove those people that wishes to keep on fighting - but here is another thing: Which faction will be the first to lay down arms? Who will trust the others enough to actually do this?
    Do you see my point? It is human nature itself that we're up against here, the ingrained territoriality in us all that makes us refrain from doing this.
    And the really sad thing is, right now we're facing perhaps the greatest threat in our entire history, this alien invasion. And its clear that if one faction falls the others will follow - so the logical step would be to postpone our internal strife until we have beaten these aliens - or died trying. Unfortunately, logic alone does not decide this - it comes down to a mixture of genetic heritage and emotions.
    I truly hope that we can find a solution but until we do this world of ours is spinning on a knife's edge..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Well, many have replied to my question, and the answers given are varied. From that fact alone, I would deduce that the chance of a lasting peace on Rubi-Ka is but a faint hope. And yet, there still is that hope, and those of us who desire peace must continue to hold onto it. There may be no hope of peace now, nor in the next hundred years, or thousand. But can humans, and all their genetic offspring, continue to fight forever? Sooner or later, a generation will spring forth that will take a break from fighting, and suddenly realize they have no idea why they are fighting in the first place.

But this is probably a long ways off. I appreciate all the responses given, for the input and beliefs put forth have helped me to further understand our world. I hope it has helped others to open their eyes as well. And I encourage yet further responses. But please, let this remain a forum for civilized discussion; if we are to discuss peace, let it be in a peaceful manner.
    Last edited by Eternalforce; Dec 9th, 2004 at 21:02:40.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

It will be peace when the damned clammers realize that they're wrong, and pick up an omni application form and sign it.

Once, there was only Omni, it was peace then. The war came when clammers came. Get rid of clammers, you get rid of war. simple.
    Last edited by skybert; Dec 8th, 2004 at 22:24:58.

Quote Originally Posted by skybert
    Get rid of clammers, you get rid of war. simple.
    Agreed, but in reverse. this is our home. Omni can go elsewhere, we cannot. If Omni leaves, that's the end of the war. we can supply Omni with Notum, who will then supply the rest of the universe. We have the whole planet to run democratically under the Clan banner, they have reduced expenses. Win all around!
    Under that scenario I can reccommend a peace treaty to my clan, and I believe that it would get a majority vote of all Clans. As an added sweetener; I'll even help Nevver pack.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Mr Green, you home is up in the North, our home is down in the South.

Peace will only be possible the day people give up this absurd notion of one government for one planet. Let the Clans rule the Clans, let the Neutrals rule the Neutrals, let the Rhinomen rule the Rhinomen and let Omni-Tek rule Omni-Tek. There is plenty of real estate and notum on Rubi-Ka to fit us all.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast