Thread: Engineer. Until I break.

Engineer. Until I break.

We are useless.
    I'll say it again:
    We are useless.
    Lets take a look at what we have, and why what we have doesn't work for us.

What we have: We have ac buffs.
    Why it doesn't work for us: AC does absolutely nothing.

What we have: We have reflect.
    Why it doesn't work for us: Soldiers reflect is better.

What we have: We have debuff auras.
    Why it doesn't work for us: We can't attack while the auras are active or they wear off and they DON'T work on mobs. Also, we have to raise dark blue skills to cast them.

What we have: Weaponsmithing
    Why it doesn't work for us: Name a good weapon we can make.

What we have: Armor tradeskills (finally)
    Why it doesn't work for us: The parts required are a RARE as nullity sphere.
    Why it doesn't work for us #2: We have to camp lvl 60 mobs and missions with our ALTS to get it. Think about that for a second and realize how stupid that sounds.

What we have: Kamikaze bots
    Why it doesn't work for us: Nevermind, they were promised but then they suddenly vanished...

What we have: Slayerdroid Transferrence
    Why it doesn't work for us: Perhaps the best nano we have...but it forces engineers to be melee to be effective. And it forces us to raise a lot of dark blue skills.

Lets take a look at what we have:
    We provide nothing to a group (unless a soldier isn't present)
    We have to have very good equipment and go melee and be high level to even consider pvping.
    We have tradeskills that are either just plain useless or you need an extremely rare item to make the items.

This has been said and said and said and said again and again and again and again and again! I'm about at the end of my rope....and many of my friends know that.

The armor tradeskills were a step forward! Then I find out how rare the PPE (the item you need to make the armor) is and now it is a huge step backward. What are you thinking? I sure as hell don't know and am close to giving up. Call this a whine or what have you, but it needs to be said until something is done. I'm a known and respected engineer...I think I know what I'm talking about.

-Fotik
    Tired Engineer

well

that all may be true.

but one thing that is also true is engineers make a better ma then a a class defined as a ma.

I cant even begin to take you down and I got 30 lvls on you.

You have 4 levels on me. I also have a nice set of bracers. I'm pretty sure in camelot you would have taken me down had you not zoned.

-Fotik
    196 Tired Engineer

oooops

sorry i was mistaken

hmmm why would i zone if i even thought i had a chance

its gotten to the point of not even trying anymore

last person i killed was sycnoptic and hes was under rezz and i still had a tough time.

I admit, it was close. But a few more ticks on your BWT without me using a treatment kit and I would have died...but that's not what this thread is about. And if you would like, I can make a comparison of ma and engineer and show how we aren't better. But honestly there's no point.

-Fotik

Er.... just one point...

AC does nothing ? hehehehe.

U know... I'm an ADV. And one of the most popular buff that I ever gave people.. is my crappy AC buff. It only add 300 to AC, but there is almost always someone in the team who wants it.

AC is not nothing. Someone claimed that AC above 4500 is useless.

Again.. it is not true. Ask traders who bothered to use the drain AC NFs... it works.

I've tested it....I took about the same amount of damage (if not the same it was but maybe 20 points off...can't really tell if they don't hit for min all the time) with my reflect on...I think ac works up to a certain amount or is effective up to a certain amount. It definately is not as effective as it should be.

-Fotik
    196 Engineer

see this comes down to the min. damage rule. a mob is going to hit you for x amount of damage no matter what your ac is. Thus anything above 4kish don't do jack. Not to say that it wont save your but at traq to have 5k ac, but the instances that having that much armor will help is very limited...

Engi reflect caccons are a good example of a wanted buff. Specialy if there is not soldier in the group to cast his reflect sheild. The reason for this is that 26% goes against min damage. so lets say mob hits for min damage of 400 that 26% sheild is going to make it go down to 300. that is equal to 1000 ac.

The best armor in the game is something that adds to evades or health.. Thus you can avoid hits and soak more damage. or even better if your a pet class something that adds ncu.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

strangly i was just discussing this about an hour ago and im not an engie. Was wondering who got love in 14.6 and nobody in my team knew. We did all agree that engies needed the most love. Good luck to you. Dont get too tired fotik and miss your patch. *shivers at the thought of an un-rootable ninja droid*

-Arsiine

All of Fotiks point's are valid and correct.

Major bump!
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

so am i i think

i also think im valid

ma maybee 1125 or so ma 200 engi in slayer has well over 1300 ma with 4 fist buff and slayer just doesnt seem right to me.

I also agree with his other points though

this game just plain old sucks dick

I was really commenting on his initial points. It may very well be true that engineers get an higher attackrating than MAs while in transference. Im no MA and I dont have the necessary IP to max my needed MA skills yet (Id need around 1.2m IP I think), so I dont know.
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

Bump for the engineers!

Isn't Kali supposed to be MA only? (I remember that from somewhere)
    Fix that bug so we only can use it on MAs
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I can honestly say Engineer is the most boring class out there.

They really need something. Like first of all pet pathing being fixed so that they actually can use their bots at least.

And then a lot more to make them interesting to play with things like the beacon warp and more things to build that are really useful, and some selfbuffs for engineer skills so that not anyone can do what they do.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

If they made kali only, that would be the last straw for me.

And yes, we can get a higher attack rating than ma's, but it still doesn't make us a better ma.

-Fotik