Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Items in databases

Items in databases

There are a number of sites out there that have taken information from our databse so as to display items, nano programs etc. etc. It's a great service, but I just want to give everyone a reminder that if an item is listed on these sites it does not necessarily mean that the item in question is found on the live dimensions. Items sometimes do not go 'live' right away because of various circumstances surrounding them, so please be aware of this while looking through these sites and putting them on your shopping list.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Agh, you must be talking about Null. Sphere

Is there any chance you can inform us about if certain items *cough*Eye of the hunter|Ancient Adventurer Sword|Blazing/Rusty Pistol of Liaker the Buccaneer|MTI Grey*cough* do exist in game or is that classified? We might need some hints, we're slow...

Cool

There are items in the DB that are only there to make you wonder... Once the DB became public in the way it now is, FC had to fling us a few curve balls and keep us guessing. Maybe some of these will actually appear later, maybe they won't. The point is, just because you have access to the DB, doesn't mean you know everything...

Originally posted by Piercingevil

lol

nope, he's talking about the Cyclic damage shields.
    (the instruction discs for these aren't in the db... hmmm)

Now we have confirmation that Funcom likes designing and creating items that don't even appear in the game! Woohoo! =)

(Yet it will still take 3 patches in a row to get the inits fixed on existing weapons. Does that seem wrong to anyone else?)

-Jayde

Dropping back into old habits?

Cosmik - I hope you have the playerbase for such 'elegant' comments. (If we - some of us - are smart enough to 'hack' the AO database why shouldn't we be smart enough to figure that distribution and probabilities of items are handled by the server(s)?)

Read you post this way:

We know, that you (the players) are smart enough to figure almost all that is in AO, but we wouldn't help you, because this keeps you playing longer. (and we are not asking for spoilers)

See it from this point of view:

You promised a whole bunch of new nanos (most of which we didn't ask for - another point) in this thread 2 months ago:New Adventurer nanos
    'First' point - new DS shield lines, looking rather promising (recycling damage (all types) absorbing, lower NCU consumption). Now we get our long awaited (9+ months) Adv love patch and what do 'we' have to find out? - the Cycling DS are not in there.

Yes, you learned as well, they are not in the patch notes - I rechecked, but the new Pistols, that keep dropping in team missions since 14.2 weren't mentioned either.

A simple 'yes' or 'no' would be kind. Sure, all Adv on this virtual planet will start searching if we get a 'yes', but we won't waste our time and hopes (still there) if we get a 'no'.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

I think us engies understand this.

http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=view&id=156286

nice to see what could be though

/me points to sig.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Re: Dropping back into old habits?

Originally posted by Maximilian
    Read you post this way:

We know, that you (the players) are smart enough to figure almost all that is in AO, but we wouldn't help you, because this keeps you playing longer. (and we are not asking for spoilers)
    I think what Cosmik was saying is that yes, we know you can now see the contents of the database, but just because you see something in there, it doesnt mean it is actually available, not because they are trying to fool us, or keep us guessing, but because they put things in the database for testing, or ideas, or some other internal purpose, and it was never their intention for us to have access to it in the first place. Now we do have access they are not going to change their testing proceedure just so we can have a complete list of just what items are in the game.

On a different note, why is everyone always so ready to believe that everything is a conspiracy to anny the customer? When you are all at work, is your every action designed so as to make your customers life as difficult as possible? If not, what makes you thinks the people at Funcom are any different? and if it is, please post the name of your company here so I can avoid buying anything from you

Hugs

lilnymph

edited because I am feeling icky and had lost the ability to write correct english
    Last edited by lilnymph; Jul 5th, 2002 at 13:35:22.
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Well Cosmik, there is another reason for that you should be commenting on what's in and what's not and that is 'quality control'. Your programmers can just forget to put things on certain drop lists without knowing it until we, the players, start asking for the items. Take the MTI Grey for example, it is not an uber weapon. It's a good weapon but nothing uber. Looks to be something that a Boss MOB could drop. Can't it just be that you guys forgot to put it in? How do you verify that your drop lists are 'correct'?

Cool smile

/me hands Lil a Gin&Tonic - have a seat and let's talk comfy for a while.

Ever heard of a institution named 'Federal Bureau of ...'

Ok, seriously.

I agree with you and I would think for my part (as uninformed as I am) you are right. FC didn't forsee guys like Auno and ... (forget the name of Mr. AOMD) would enter the scene - actually, didn't similar things happen to EQ as well?

Most important - I don't have any dispute with Cosmink or Cz (well, not that I know about ). And - 'In dubeo pro reo' - I think Cos didn't want to be sarcastic or derisive, but the outcry about our (Adv) love patch was to hear all across the boards. And we figured in the meantime that the one or the other part of the things that have been 'promised' are not in by now. So an answer like you gave - would have been more appropriate (in my eyes).

In the end I am only one of these meaningless, permanently crying gunslinging Adv.

So long,

Max(imilian) - a bunch of good Adv already left - don't let the old guys vanish completly

P.S. This game is so damn complex (by means of amount of available options and items and their interaction) that some 'more' detailed information about the content would be really necessary. Don't forget the occasional players! Keeping some extra content for the power/guild players is fine, but not the majority.
    100% curious

Hugs Maximilian, for being nice, and level headed (getting rare round here)

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Originally posted by Intra
    I think Lil is in on it!!
    hehe, your wrong Intra, I dont sit around all day trying to make my customers annoyed, I sit around all day thinking of ways to annoy my boss

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Question Pow Bow

Can you please confirm the status of Advanced / Professional Pow Bow atm?
    Are they Still only Dropping from team mission bosses and what qls are in game?

thanks

I agree wholeheartdly that the developers should be able to put whatever they should so choose into the database. It's only the ones that actually exist that need to be looked at closely. After all, we aren't technicitly even supposed to be lookin at it. Anyone ever looked at the AC spells database? Least there aren't spells like Bovine Intervention and Camping Mastery here. Though I must admit, I actually wouldn't mind seeing something like that pop up in the database. Add a bit of humor.

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    LOL
    man, I laughed for 5 minutes, mostly cause your avatar icon looks like someone when they say "ugh!"

Originally posted by Valentria
    I agree wholeheartdly that the developers should be able to put whatever they should so choose into the database. It's only the ones that actually exist that need to be looked at closely. After all, we aren't technicitly even supposed to be lookin at it. Anyone ever looked at the AC spells database? Least there aren't spells like Bovine Intervention and Camping Mastery here. Though I must admit, I actually wouldn't mind seeing something like that pop up in the database. Add a bit of humor.
    baelzharon cast bovine intervention when he walked around the world.

camping mastery (and inept) are cast on players that open a specific chest (one is in banderling castle at the north end of osteth i believe, dont remember the other)

*me wounders if the Metaplast NT armor is actully avaible to make in game and then how?*
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast