Thread: Fixer Nanoes should be based on Comp Lit.

Fixer Nanoes should be based on Comp Lit.

Fixer Nano skills are definatly, un-argumentably the WORST. Dark Blue. SO dark that it's SPACE BLUE!

I believe that Fixers should get their nano skills which are Grid related (Grid Armor, Bootleg's Junk'n'Useless, Hack Grid Vector, Grid Phreak) converted from Matter Metamorphosis into Comp Lit and/or Break and Entry......

The Description of bootleg's blunts'n'blades seem to me as if the fixer was "hacking" more then "summoning".

We aren't engineers, we are the grid-born.

I believe Fixer nano skills should be mainly based on their trade skills and not their Dark Blue nano skills.

An MA doesn't use an Assault Rifle because his/her assault rifle is dark blue.

Why should be Fixer's be forced to completely devistate our IP into 5 (FFFIIIVVEEEEEE!!!!!) Dark blue skills?

I strongly believe that the dark blue nano skills are to be replaced with:
    Quantum Field, Comp Lit, Break and Entry and Nano programming.

It just makes so much more sense.

Fixers are there to Hack. Their sneaky lil Data pirates. Not engineers who have the TIME to play lego with spare parts and play magic with their lil nano botz. =P

Fixers don't need those omni-present lil buggerz called Nano Bots. We are proud and traditional hackerz.

If i falsify my medical records i use comp lit to hack into Omni-Med's mainframe!

I suggest that one lowers the Dark blue skill req of our nanoes EXSTENSIVELY, in turn ADD additional Reqs which are higher such as Break and Entry or Comp Lit.

OR

Replace some dark blue reqs with lime green reqs.

This should apply to all Classes.

If our nano skills are to remain dark blue, then please make trade skills, where we can icnrease the charges on a pill or a blister pack.

Thank u for the wonderful HoT and stuff. I'm not flaming all too much.

I'm happy with the fixer class now, but i JUST think that Dark Blue skills for a CLASS DEFINING asset is not very appropriate.

The difference between a MA Doc and a MA lies alot in their nanoes.

Nanoes is what define what we are as a class.

An Enforcer is only an effective enforcer because of his/her/it's essence buff.

Get my point?

Fixer's are anything but to be "standartized".

I just believe that Nanoes should be shaped to fit a class's skills and not Vice Versa.

Imagine a Homo Nano Fixer. *Sigh*
    @-----}----,---'------------
    For Ragnar Tornquist, the Visionaer.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--
    N00b, but HardCore Fixer, RK1.

Good ideas, heck I'd just settle for them lightening up some at least 2 of fixer nano skills...

while we're at it, lets make mp nanos based on their owners karma, and enfs on their 1hb skills!

nanos use NANO BOTS, which require nano SKILLS to operate.

<edit>

not to mention that with the new (and rediculous) level restrictions youll have plenty of time and ip to raise those dark blue nano skills.

</edit>

Originally posted by KlngArthur
    while we're at it, lets make mp nanos based on their owners karma, and enfs on their 1hb skills!

nanos use NANO BOTS, which require nano SKILLS to operate.
    I agree here, nanoskills should be used where nano programs are concerned.

The one exception is the engineer robots. To me it makes no sense that making a robot necessarily has to be a nanobot process. Personally I think robotmaking has little or nothing to do with matter creation and time/space manipulation, but it's based on your engineering skills, more specifically mechanical engineering and electric engineering.

Then again, I suppose that's too reasonable to actually spend time and effort on redoing the bot creation system - making useless leet-charms for advs is a much better way of spending resources IMHO.

One could, I suppose, argue that changing this would make engineers upset since they've already upped their mc and t/s skills for their bots. Well, I don't think any engineer would be upset by it - especially now with ip-reset implemented.

Hrm... why do I even bother?
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

It's all Logic.

Enforcer nanoes are mainly based on skill enhancement and Body-Enhancement.

Enforcers use nanoes to enter their bodies and "Toughen it". They master these "schools" of nano-usage.

MP's use nanoes to "Enhance" their spirituality. Tho their base skills should indeed be "Psychology", followed my "Psychological modification". Matter creation to focus their amterialisations into the materialistic world. It's all logic.

However why would i need Nanoes to hack my medical records?

THere's no logic to it... and i thought sicne we had dark blue skills, why not make it logical AND make use of this Logic as an advantage as to mvoe the skill reqs to comp lit or break and entry?

I also agree with Archelan.

MP's however should function like beast lords in EQ. They should have a base skill which requires no Nano, but is purely based on their psychology skill, which they can then summon a manifestation "base". They can enhance this base with buffs, determining wether the menifestation is a med or a combat manifestation.

=)

It would just make more sense.

Better for RP-ing 2.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

I mean....

It seems like this:

My mom: "take out the Trash, Natalie!"
    Me: "Let Da nanoes do the work. mom!"

Or

Receptionist:" Sir, could u fill out these forms please?"
    THe Beaurocrat: "*Casts a nano spell SOMEHOW managing to do the whole administrative process in 1 second"

Like my borther asks me "Why is the sky blue at day and black at night, Nat?"

If i was living on Rubi-Ka i might aswell say "Because the Nanoes do that".

ABsolutly EVERY SINGLE THING is done by "Nano". EVERYTHING.

Clear indication of a lack of Creativity.

Soon it will be so far that guns are SO nano enhanced, that there will be no difference between a Direct Damage Nano-Finger (Like frost slivers), and a normal weapon!

Don't u wanna feel like ur char REALLY is a proffession?

DOn't u wanna feel like skills are "Innate" to u?

If we all wear implants, we all might be pretty much the same poeple.

The only difference between a Shotgun Engineer and a SHotgun trader are their Nanoes.

I'm tired of being an MA defined mostly of the nano i use.

Give us MA's "Feign Death" or something. lol

And I swear...if FC makes "Feign Death" into a Nano... someone's gonna die. =P

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

You need the nanos to enhance your brain to enable you to hack.
    Masata
    MA - Rubi Ka 1 - Omni

Angry This is not EQ

Jeeez..

Ok, Natelie..

Nanotechnology: A hypothetical fabrication technology in which objects are designed and built with the individual specification and placement of each separate atom. The first unequivocal nanofabrication experiments took place in 1990, for example with the deposition of individual xenon atoms on a nickel substrate to spell the logo of a certain very large computer company. Nanotechnology has been a hot topic in the hacker subculture ever since the term was coined by K. Eric Drexler in his book "Engines of Creation", where he predicted that nanotechnology could give rise to replicating assemblers, permitting an exponential growth of productivity and personal wealth.

Nanobot: A robot of microscopic proportions, presumably built by means of nanotechnology. As yet, only used informally (and speculatively!). Also called a "nanoagent".

NanoFormulae: A coded sequence of Nanobots designed and programmed to perform a specific task via creation, emulation, destruction, or rejuivination.

When a fixer casts "insurance hack" he/she uses a program that he (being a fixer and a grid-born superhacker) named "insurance hack. His/her nano-formulae releases his/her pre-programmed result.

Nano's are the back bone of AO. Like it or lump it. And PLEASE quit talking about EQ, you are giving my nanobots a complex.

Jabba.

PS: "Engines of Creation" is a great book, imagine holding a black piece of paper, then manipulating nanobots to alter the light-reflections into todays newspaper.. Fun stuff.
    Devil's Advocate is cooler than you.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
    - George Bernard Shaw

O O

Wow....

-Wocke
    Impressive Wocke.

Good points... now i get it =)

I wish there were more poeple like u tho...

Ur patient, reasonable, rational and smart, mature and you do not flame and or act like a child.

- Masata
    Coffee does that for me 2. =P

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

I was going to say "like caffeine" at the end but erased it heh.
    Masata
    MA - Rubi Ka 1 - Omni