Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community answers - part 2

It would be so very nice if the Mission Terminals had the option of selecting the type of reward. Not a specific item, mind you, but a category of items.

I, personally, do not use ClickSaver, and finding a good 1HE for my Adventurer was painful (and I needed two). Being able to request missions that produce 1HE weapons, or even just "weapons", as rewards would help dramatically, I think.

Or, for that matter, if it just increased the chances of certain types of items being produced as loot in the mission itself, that would be great.
    ...you live, you learn
    ...you die, you learn faster

Therion thats brillant!

Easy as heck to you know how you could do it?

My Proffesion items
    Simple Yes/No box that lets you set all REWARD(not pick up or return mind you those are still random) to be proffesion specfic items

IE
    I'm level 20 Advetuter
    I hit YES to the above
    Now only rewards are Adventure only things and Adventurer nanos

It would relive 80% of the problems we face(NCU, BELT, and Armor runners would not change alot) but *casual players this would make things a world of diffrance

Bad english yes I know but you have to admint readers its a great idea
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Re: Community answers - part 2

Originally posted by Cz

New items being boss MOB loot
    The question is of course "why?" And the answer is to encourage social interactions; e.g. teaming and trading. Some ways to get these items are:
    - Team up for team missions or outdoor camp bosses
    - Hunt camp bosses alone
    - Team up with to get a team mission, then complete it by yourself
    - Trade with other players
    - Ask friends and people in your organisation to help you out

Most of those require at least a little bit of social interaction, and that - I think - is not too much to ask. Yes, many people choose to go solo only, but then they will have to do some trading, or simply pass on some of the items available. Being social should have benefits in a multiplayer game.

Now, I expect a discussion on this, so please state your views calmly, and I will look into setting up an own thread for it if needed.
    I know that FC is also trying to encourage more hunting and less missioning. Why not use those special mobs that were added? You know, that silly little leet you find now and then in random areas that has a specific name. The one that is agressive even when grey. Why not introduce new loot on special, random spawn location, monsters? That way everyone has an equal chance at finding the item even if you do solo, and it also encourages hunting and exploreation. Just my 2 cents.

Zepto
    President to the Order of Kauket (RK1)

To Dhurdahl:

Keep your hands off from our +300 MA buff. I like it and I like it VERY much and I think it is approriate when you transform yourself to slayerdroid look alike.

Pistol also is the one skill that is bit easier on cost than the rest, although I agree here that perhaps heavy weapons would be more approriate. I still like the pistol buff too though.

To Cz:

Could you add command like /partydice

With that command the game would roll dice and put people in places and display result in party channel for all to see like:

/partydice

<team> Imaginary Member B rolled partydice. Results are below.
    <team> 1. Imaginary Member A
    <team> 2. Imaginary Member B
    <team> 3. Imaginary Member C

etc.

I know we have helpbot who can roll but honestly, even with the verify number it gives, the person rolling could just roll as many times as he wants to get the result he wants OR example use old verify number in which he knows the result of roll That leaves a bit too much to persons honesty when there are items at stake worth literally 50M+ especially when there are people who took the highest worth item just to sell although one of the members woud really need it for use and the person taking this items to sell already have several...

Oh, and could you just make echo of loot too?

Like example below:

Boss mob dies...

<echo for all players to see/hear, could use say example>

Boss has following loot:

Item 1
    Item 2
    Item 3

etc.

Zarch and da chars

PS.
    There is no memory problem if I turn all visuals off. It is some of the visual options that causes AO to grab 1Gb of my machine's memory (throwing it on the virtual memory in process)...
    Last edited by Zarch; Jul 3rd, 2002 at 21:36:49.

Re: Quick visit...

Originally posted by Cz

Meligant, will check that thread more thoroughly tomorrow. Fighting boss MOBs is a lot better than the current camping, as you won't have to fight 10 other teams (or one huge organisation) for the right to kill the boss MOB.

---

Ok, heading off to play the game a bit now. I'll be back later or tomorrow. [/B]
    1. Point taken on "level" of camping

2. Please check that thread and think over the idea of allowing some of the "type" limitations in the single mission/team mission terminals. These kind of enhancements would make the need for CS almost non existent (i said almost can't please everyone ).

Thanks for the reply

Note to Cz

Cz,
    I think your problem is that you do not understand the out and out disdain that much of the user community here on the boards view you and Cosmik. No, not Funcom's Customer Service Department, but you two: Cz and Cosmik. You are the reps we talk to, and you are just completely clueless about the community and their wants/needs.

Example:
    BBI Faithful, a class defining weapon for Adventurers, is not fixed even though it would take a moron 5 minutes to fix in the database, and we are told, Oops, I lost the sticky. I really should be more organized, tee hee Give me a break. 5 minutes. A moron. Class defining weapon. Tee. Hee.

The explanation you are giving for level caps is ludicrious. "new items will unbalance game without them". Well golly Cz, maybe you shouldn't introduce said items? Maybe you should up the QL of items above 200. You're arguments (and Cosmik's) have been logically and resoundly rebutted here on the boards, and all you say is, "We'll tell the developers what you think."

Here's a full accounting of what the boards think of your argument's thus far:

Poll: Do you agree with Cosmik's arguments concerning level caps?

You roll 14.4 over us with zero regard for player comments, and then blow us off with a well, if everyone wanted to start at level 50 we wouldn't do that either! The comments of the fixer, agent, and adventurer community were strong, well thought out discussion. You should read them sometime instead of creating an easy strawman to shoot at.

If you want further proof as to how much you are valued here, look at This poll: 'What is your level of Trust with Funcom' . I would think that you would be appalled at this. 60% of those taking the poll think you are out and out liars. Doesn't this concern you? Don't you wonder WHY?

The only reason DAoC ever gave you a run wasn't for the crappy game, it was for good Customer Service. Because there is no trust, there is no loyalty. If SWG is half as good as the buzz and the put forth an effort at Customer Service, you guys are in big trouble.

sincerely,
    LostBoy
    jim

Note to LostBoyJim

LostBoyJim, I understand you personally feel a lot of disdain, and you are frustrated about the BBI's, but there is no need for the tone and language you show on these forums. Please calm down, and stop the name-calling.

If you have such big issues with the Community Team, feel free to e-mail me (cz@anarchy-online.com) about it.

Also, check out my little warning for you in the other thread.

Now I'm off. G'night everybody!

/me leaves ice cream for everybody

Ice-cream!

Oh yeah, and that idea to limit the mission rewards based on profession/type/miscellaneous-other, that's a great idea.

Could we get that at least added to the "potential" list, please?

Arrow

Some interesting stuff here. What missions need, is to not tell you exactly what you'll get, but provide a mechanism to slant loot towards a specific type. IE, you tell mission term I'd like armour, and more armour will drop. The all you have to worry about is where the mission is, and even that could have some degree of selection, side specific, pvp or non-pvp (pvp loot would be better), etc.

The mission thing is great, but it should be revisited in light of what you now know about it, and to see if it can be improved.

Other random ideas, how about if about 1 time in 3, the target mob in 'watch the person' missions was a bit tougher than normal and could drop one or two pieces of boss loot? You don't have to kill them to complete mission, but if you rise to the additional challenge, you might find something nice...

And thanks for the Ice cream, /me licks lips, yummy....

Talking

(puts fanboy hat on for a min)

Personally you could not pay me to do Cz and Cosmik's jobs.

With 50k subs, if you same something that offens even 1/10th of 1 percent of them that 50 people all over you. And that is one heck of a flaming thread.

I've done CS for <another> onlinegame and nothing sucks worse than not having the answer or worse being told the wrong one from a dev.

So, in a word Cz, thanks

(hat off)

However, that does not mean I agree with some of the fundemental parts of FC 'visions'. And yes, I do get very fustrated with the game for a variety of reason. And, ultimatly, a game should not be an exercise in fustration

And, frankly I don't know if I'll still be playing it this time next year...

da'Foot
    (wonders if he's on Cz ignore list? Do they even use the ignore list? who am I talking to?

And you may ask yourself
    How do I work this game?
    And you may ask yourself
    Where is that large yalmaha?
    And you may tell yourself
    This is not my guildl house!
    And you may tell yourself
    This is not my beautiful wife!
    Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
    Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
    Into the blue again/after the money's gone
    Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground.

Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...
    Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...
    Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...

Originally posted by reality
    Boss loot
    A better solution, imho, would be to put these nano's on normal, outdoor
    mobs. But I think you should increase outdoor loot anyway, to balance
    it with missions
    /agree , thats the key to give players a chance to have a different ways to find items rather the "ever doing indoor missions" (and boring).

one of the good threads to read about the subject:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=30272

Personaly i would like a dev answer about the possibility or not to implement random mobs with loot like we can actually find in missions.
    random mobs in random location. not dyna camps or static camps with the pending camping problem.
    Its abnormal that 90% of the RK world is totally useless. bring back outdoor hunt this way and you resolve a lot of problems.
    IMHO but shared with a lot of players.

I havent seen funcom adress the lack of money dropped by outdoor mobs yet. Also, I havent seen funcom adress the fact that doing team missions/team hunting exclusively will leave you practically broke and under-equipped.

New Items Boss Loot only

Well I disagree with the policy. Why?

At my current level a MA suit would be great. But at level 59 I can wear with buffs a ql 80 or so suit. To do a ql 8o team mission I need at least one maybe two others to help out. And it could be hard then.

So it is obvious that I can not do a even team mission and get a suit that would be of any good to me. So that option is out.

Buy one? ok the price range I have seen is 2 mil to 25 mil and good luck to you that you do not get into a bidding war with someone or else it will go higher. Not possible. Besides a decus coat goes for MUCH less and due to cost is the better option.

So in the end I am left with doing a ql 59 to 68 team mission for a suit or blitz a solo ql75-80 solo mission for a decus coat. Hmmm. Coat wins out. And yes I can blitz solo mission that level.

I tried the "can i get someone to team with me so i can pull a team mission to solo" rout. Got told to go away and stop spamming that and the ever favorite. How much you gonna pay me.

Thank you for the social interaction. I rather learn cross stiching.

And when I did get a team together to go for a ql85 mission for a suit. what happened. Oh this is to hard. I died I quit this team. Hey I am a MA too so i want the suit. what you are keeping the suit fine i quit. And so on went the coments. And then the team was to small and weak to finish the mission so we all quit. To bad it had to be like that. But it was.

So I disagree with boss loot for all new items.

And who are you to suggest players hunt outdoor bosses. Hello even at level 59 most (9 out 10) outdoor bosses clean the floor with me.

So at my current level I have little options. While CZ and Cosmik may find it easy to team with great players and have a "FAIR" and fun time in team mission the bigger group of players dont have that experience with teams or luck getting a good team.

As a solution maybe make "Go kill the Guy" missions have a chance of dropping new items. Make the guy you are going to kill come up 10% higher level than the mission. Sort of a boss mob for solo missions. So a player pulls a ql 75 mission and the solo boss would level 82-83. It would be a tough fight to be sure if the player was in their 50's. But it gives the solo people something to look forward too. Hey I would even stop doing the go find and describe mission for this.

Ok Next issue.

OUTDOOR HUNTING

Simply put fix it. Back before the 13.x days you could hunt outside and level at a decent pace and there was contiuos hunting from level 1 to 50. Just go further from a city and the mobs got tougher. Now the mobs are grouped levels 1-10 10-20 50-80 70-100 20-30 along some of the same hunting grounds I used to hunt with my first character last year after launch. Why do I find a level 50 aggro OT mob in a hunting spot full of level 20 to 25 mobs in GTC? Ok no solo outdoor hunting there.

peope complain about the grind of missions to level because the out door spawn is sad. example 2. Shades. I was soloing up them and another group of 2. a level 50 dont remember and a level 65 MA show up. The three of us wiped the spawn out in less than 5 minutes and then stood around taking turns killing the 1 shade that would spawn at a time. Uh that sounds like camping.

The big problems with the current outdoor spawns I have seen are that funcom made them cover a small area. and
    1> either packed alot of aggro mobs with instant respawn making it impossible for solo play and hard team play.
    2> put only a few no aggro mobs in the spot with loooong respawn times making the spot useless for leveling or hunting
    3> got the number of mobs and respawn time right for size of spawn but threw in mobs on the fringe that where 20 to 50 levels higher making the area unreasonable dangerous for the xp you would get.

In short I am tired of MISSION MISSION MISSION and so on MISSIONs to level.

I had to bring this up again as I really hate the fact that outdoor hunting is just not possible anymore. I should not be able to run for 10 minutes witha run speed of 400 at level 59 and see only grey mobs and then hit a wall of level 100+ mobs. There should be more diveristy.

Lhisa

Lightbulb Short update (very short, in fact)

Loot issues, 'selecting' mission reward, and outdoor hunting are on the list.

No, Blackfoot, we don't use ignore lists.

Re: Community answers - part 2

Originally posted by Cz
    Reload button
    I checked our database, and there are plans to implement this. It was not assigned to a patch though, and the coders had not commented on it yet, so I don't really have more specific information at this time.
    That's really one of the real big small things that would make life a whole lot easier in AO.
    Other small things but with huge gameplay improvement effects would be for example the possibility to set a marker on the map by typing in coordinates or a playfield wide lootmessage of who looted what from where.

All those little things would make life so much easier for all.

New items being boss MOB loot
    The question is of course "why?" And the answer is to encourage social interactions; e.g. teaming and trading. Some ways to get these items are:
    - Team up with to get a team mission, then complete it by yourself
    I agree it is workable to get that bossy stuff alone. At first I too was a bit miffled, but after I realized that you can do it this way, it's actually a very good system in my view, good design
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

looks like most of the content for this thread has been covered..

The main thing that I see is making sure that programers work on issues, not just putting them in a list.

Just make sure that solo missions STOP spawning implants and Miiir coats by 14.6, I hate seeing those things.

Originally posted by Maxtor 1-7
    Just make sure that solo missions STOP spawning implants and Miiir coats by 14.6, I hate seeing those things.

You've got to be kidding.... implants as a mission reward is a must, since you can't buy higher than QL125 in stores.

Originally posted by reality

You've got to be kidding.... implants as a mission reward is a must, since you can't buy higher than QL125 in stores.
    Since when are full ql 78ish implants a must ? Maybe empty ql 175ish implants are good, but ql 78ish ones arn't. People usually OE implants anyway..
    Last edited by Maxtor 1-7; Jul 4th, 2002 at 23:13:00.

*comes back looking for more ice-cream*

Being able to place map flags would be great. Say tap a hotkey, type in a short description, and a flag is placed at your current location. You'd probably get the description if you left the mouse over the flag for a bit.

Would be nice to flag Camelot or Wailing Wastes town, if I go out there, since I don't have the maps for those zones Save having to remember to get co-ords for the towns

Originally posted by Shatai
    *comes back looking for more ice-cream*

Being able to place map flags would be great. Say tap a hotkey, type in a short description, and a flag is placed at your current location. You'd probably get the description if you left the mouse over the flag for a bit.

Would be nice to flag Camelot or Wailing Wastes town, if I go out there, since I don't have the maps for those zones Save having to remember to get co-ords for the towns
    Now thats one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time! Would be so cool to have this feature. I have sticky notes all over my desk of various coordinates...would be nice if I could throw them all away
    Killrmeta
    Veteran of Synergy Factor
    lvl 220!!!!11one MP Diety - Player since 2001

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast