Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Community answers - part 2

Re: Re: The loss of IPR Reset with no warning

Originally posted by Weebabeast
    My family has cancelled all six of their accounts of this issue. We waited a long time for is (our "newest" account is from last September) and decided to wait a little longer after we heard all the horror stories, then BAM! Option gone, no warning!
    You were given plenty of notice! Cosmik posted a thread about the possibility of the patch happening within a day or so in a not often checked section of the forum - didn't you see it?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Unhappy *heavy sigh*

Clearly, I was derelict in my little-used-forum-searching duties...

*hugs for the Evil Spork*

Exclamation Final update in this thread

Weebabeast, the full IP reset option will have to be turned on and off with a client patch, I believe, so it's not something we can do for a week. I'll look into what the mood among the designers and others here are on the issue.

Evilspork, be nice!

---

Ok, to concentrate the feedback - and reduce the time I spend on going through threads in the morning - I'll leave this thread now and concentrate on the latest Community answers thread. Feel free to bring your posting over there.

Talking Latest thread

By "latest thread" I meant of the ones numbered (like "part 1" and "part 2"), not the topic specific ones (like "level reqs"). Please leave the topic specific ones on-topic.

My fault.

Re: um, excuse me?

Originally posted by CountNerfedalot
    Please prettypleasewithsugarontop PpPpPpPllleeeeeeeease give us a function key/chat command to dump a list of our inventory/packs/bank/apartment/stats/worn items/whatever to a text file. Ohhhhh the pleasureable hours I could pass at work (ah, I mean at home, while the cable is out...) planning and sorting and seeing what I have, what needs upgraded, what I can sell, etc.
    Brilliant idea!!!!
    This idea needs a lot of bumpage!! =)

K.

Originally posted by Cz

The self nano explanation was a generic one. If you will bring the pistol buffs up with a little more detail I might have a chance at looking into the specific issue.
    You say :
    "One example is the 1h Edged buff for Adventurers. We want Adventurers to excel over other professions with 1h Edged weapons. That is one of their profession benefits. "

I guess the same can be said with our self only pistol buffs, the are self only cause you want us to excel over other professions.

But the best adv pistol buff (lvl req 195) is +100 to pistol, the second best is (lvl req 165) +87. But the Engineers have Extreme Prejudice ql 139 that add +120 to pistol, and can be casted on all profs (dont stack with our buff). Now how can we excel when we are out buffed?

And our new Multi Range buffs are to weak, they dont allow us to dual wield 2 high ql pistols. It would be nice with better buffs or lower Multi Range req on pistols. Tests shows (documented on this board) that dual wielding has no real advantage atm.

I hope you can comment on this, us advents really need some feedback on the Multi Range issue, right now pistols are not an option for our class. You keep giving us alot of advent only pistols but dont listen to our comments on the wild Multi Range reqs.

Unhappy Re: Community answers - part 2

Originally posted by Cz

New items being boss MOB loot
    The question is of course "why?" And the answer is to encourage social interactions; e.g. teaming and trading.
    Firstly, I agree to a large extent making rare items rare. Gameplay would be boring otherwise.

But if I want one of the new X3 rifles for my lvl 90 agent I need to equip a ql 165-180+ one. The prices on these rifles is currently in the range 10-20 mill.

My options are:

1) Solo sneak 20-30 missions for 6X Belts or other easy to sell items. This can hardly be called very sociable, but still an option for a sneaking agent

2) Team up with some high level dudes willing to both give me the rifle if it is found and take on a weak agent on a team for many missions. Sounds like they have to be real good friends, in fact so good that the social aspect of it probably will be there in Real Life

3) Have someone give it to me. Hmmm.... Doesnt seem to work that well. This gun has been found a few times by Guild members who get so excited about it, that they immediately shout out in guild channel and start discussing how much they can get for it, then running to the shopping channel to collect their credits.

Should I change my Guild ?? Is that social? /me wonders

Exclamation Closing

By suggestion, I'll close the thread. That way we're sure people post in a thread we're checking often.

Social Additions always seem to take a back seat to everything. One day an online game will come along that takes it serious and the days of the "level-upper" games will die. How hard can it be to up the item counts on apartments (a bug as explained by FC during the early days of AO) and add furniture (which exists already in graphic form) to terminals(I know this is just for looks but heck..its a start). A social package was on the list during the first month of the game and now a year later its not even planned. All I can think is that there is such a high level of ineptness behind the game that AO will always be a dog chasing it's tail (add something to the game..spend eternity chasing bugs..not to mention the original bugs still floating around). Come on FC..you hawked apartments as a selling point..either delete them or do something with them (or at least just say..we have no plans to work on the social part of the game...so just keep leveling and paying your monthly fees).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234