Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ross' Triumphant Return, Promition of Unity

This is a rather sudden and surprising turn of events! I am glad to see that Mr. Ross is safe and resuming his duties as the CEO of Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka. The Corporation will benefit from his... 'decisive' leadership just as it always has.

The scene that took place at the ICC Headquarters was rather interesting. It was clearly a power play on Ross' part. Anyone else would have, at most, put out a broadcast from their office announcing their return; an actual public appearance in Omni-1 would be considered bold considering the security risks. Ross not only travelled outside of Omni-1 to make his speech, but some of the "non-traditional" contents of the speech are viewed as rather, well, controversial by some. Only Philip Ross would be bold enough to consider an action like this. I think that the whole spectacle was set up by Ross so he could assert his authority and test the bounderies set by the Board of Directors.

Several clansmen have predictably noted the presence of the liason from Prime, and assumed that it meant Ross was being kept on a leash like a dog. Perhaps in some small sense this is true, but a more correct metaphor would be with Ross as a mastiff charging about while the liason, like a small child, is dragged behind as he desperately tries to hold on to his end of the leash. For better or for worse, the real Philip Ross is back and he has a very considerable amount of power.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

I suspect critics of Ross are making a big deal of the OT liason because they are finding it hard to disagree with what he said. They cannot get themsleves to say "Yes, Ross is making a lot of sense. I agree with we need to stand united against the aliens." Not being able to fault the speech, they try to discredit him by some other means.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

In a way, fighting united against problems, have been the Omni Tek way for a long time now. Even before the aliens came this was the case.
    Unfortunately, the clans would not benefit on uniting any longer as they have reached a state of being semi-corporations themselfes.

Therefore we will always witness great argumentation when someone fight for unity. If the clans would change theyre cause from profit and back to freedom like before we could start talking again.

They said profit corrupts... Well, they should know.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    I suspect critics of Ross are making a big deal of the OT liason because they are finding it hard to disagree with what he said. They cannot get themsleves to say "Yes, Ross is making a lot of sense. I agree with we need to stand united against the aliens." Not being able to fault the speech, they try to discredit him by some other means.

Savoy
    Umm...No, I think its a great idea, and a good time for us all to work together. But this speech was not characteristic of Ross at all in my oppinion, and thats why it was troubling.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    Umm...No, I think its a great idea, and a good time for us all to work together. But this speech was not characteristic of Ross at all in my oppinion, and thats why it was troubling.
    Uncharacteristic of the man who first offered the Amnesty or uncharacteristic of the man who donated out of his personal funds the money that allowed Newland City to upgrade its guards, get rid of the Loren Warr mercs and allows calnners back in town?

Savoy

Uncharacteristic of the man who first offered the Amnesty or uncharacteristic of the man who donated out of his personal funds the money that allowed Newland City to upgrade its guards, get rid of the Loren Warr mercs and allows calnners back in town?

Savoy
    Yeah leave it to you to ignore the odd part. I didnt mean that the point of the speech was uncharacteristic, I meant the way it played out. He was taking cues on the spot from his liaison, basically he was acting like a puppet, or watching very carefully what he was saying as if he'd be shot if he said something wrong. He was very cautious of his words, and the topics on which he spoke, checking with the liaison. Its not in his usual character.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    Yeah leave it to you to ignore the odd part. I didnt mean that the point of the speech was uncharacteristic, I meant the way it played out. He was taking cues on the spot from his liaison, basically he was acting like a puppet, or watching very carefully what he was saying as if he'd be shot if he said something wrong. He was very cautious of his words, and the topics on which he spoke, checking with the liaison. Its not in his usual character.
    Well some people might call that nick-picking. I was not there and I turth I have only seen him a couple of times, from a distance, so I am not necessarily the best judge. The point is the substance of his message made a lot of sense to me, and I don't need to fish for strange excuses as to why Ross would say something sensible.

Savoy

Well some people might call that nick-picking. I was not there and I turth I have only seen him a couple of times, from a distance, so I am not necessarily the best judge. The point is the substance of his message made a lot of sense to me, and I don't need to fish for strange excuses as to why Ross would say something sensible.

Savoy
    I've seen the man quite a few times, though I'm not Omni, I do have a certain amount of respect for him. I'm not trying to give excuses for the words he said, I am in total agreement with him actually, hes words made a lot of sense. I simply think that the way in which his latest public speech was conducted was odd. Which may implicate that something has changed, for better or worse is yet to be seen.

Yes maybe it is true... Maybe Mr.Ross now have the entirety of Omni Prime in hes back. Maybe hes trip have been very productive and he has negotiated even better conditions for OTRK with Omni-Admin. I guess we can only wait and see.

Omni Tek protects.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Days later, Ross emerged in ICC Headquarters with his bodyguard, both disguised as ICC diplomats, and made his way through neutral areas to gather a group of people capable of defending him from assassins that were rumored to be stalking him. Telling most of the people we spoke with that he was an ICC Envoy who had to meet with Omni-Tek administration about leasing issues, he managed to evade recognition and convince these Neutral citizens, along with some Omni-Tek Employees who were also in the area, to help him get to Omni-1.
    Why didnt he take the god damn whompa from ICC to Omni-Trade? It's a ****ing two second 'journey'.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

LOL oh Kink, so true so true, but he also could have had a fixer Grid warp him. Its part of Phillip's Nature to be a good PR man. It what he does best, so taking the wompa would be just to easy when he needs to let the entire planet know he is home.

And about working together against the alien invasion.... not so sure that would work. Clans dont take orders very well, they are a rag tag group of thugs, that frankly I am suprised that they can assemble a nano crystal... They would fumble any strategic attacks, by arguing about who attacks where... Clans only attack well when backed up into a corner. Like a rabid dog, summaging the last bits of courage to not be destroyed. So, I would formally like to say, a co-op against the aliens with Omni-Tek and The Clans would be in the end just more trouble some. Let the clans worry about becoming the fleshy pod coccoons of the aliens. Omni-Tek has enough to worry about just by scrapping the recently energy blasted alien goo off the 100 meter high walls we have secured around our wonderful cities.
    THE IMPORTANT THING TO THINK ABOUT IS:
    The one thing the people of Rubi-ka need to think about is this. Who are these aliens? Why are they attacking our planet? And if it is because of the Notum, how did they know this planet has the Notum within the depths of its soil? Are they previous inhabbitants? Do they have some sort of Superior technology that they can scan for Notum? And if so, how did they develop such technology, and MOST importantly how did they know how to Tune it to a NOTUM setting? Perhaps Notum is not just found on Rubi-Ka. Or, perhaps these are the ancestors of the Redeemed and Unredeemed come back to take back their planet? Or even worse. What if they have developed a machine that would enable them to take over the ENTIRE UNIVERSE, but it is missing one single component. A substance that they have been searching for threw out the Galaxy. That would power this Machine. That would enable them to RULE THE UNIVERSE, and Destroy all that stand before them.

In the case that the situtation is the last one, where the entire universe might hang in the balance of weather or not Rubi-Ka is held by Omni-Tek/The Clans .... I might change my stance on alleying myself with the clans. In a situation like that, I think that we might need all the help we can get. There would be more at steak then any of us could imagine. And worst of all. You think a Suprerior Alien Technological Race comes half way across the galaxy to fight a small war and loose? heheh,...... sadly no. I believe we have just seen a breif glimse of what these Aliens are capable of. I wonder, that if in the deep, dark regions of space.... if a entire horde of Aliens Fleets are at wait. And this is just a first wave, to test our defenses, see how we react. As a planet as a whole. In such situtations, I dare not think of what may occure after. I would only say this. Ready yourself, War is at hand.

~Sincerely Yours,
    Omni-Tek Field Marshal Hunter "Garricius" Garasha.
    Last edited by Darkarc; Dec 26th, 2004 at 01:10:02.

I suggest you go write a book while we go defend our homes and families "like rabid dogs".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12