Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fixers are uber! :)

Originally posted by Failed Fixer
    I NEVER took 0% damage from a nuke in mk GA IV.
    I never took 0% damage from a nuke ever. So I don't see why I am less vulnerable to nukes than fixers. That is all I'm trying to say here.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

I never took 0% damage from a nuke ever. So I don't see why I am less vulnerable to nukes than fixers. That is all I'm trying to say here.
    erm, possibly because you are wearing a full set of armour, +bracers + items that add HP, to protect you, and the GA fixer is wearing sunglasses

Just a thought

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

It was my impression that nano resist functioned as both an evade and as AC, and since it never resists anything I didn't feel the need to mention that.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Nano resist....

I resisted 11 straight divests from trader near my lvl....

2 to 3 divests from a lvl 200 trader....

Roots? I can break them at will.

50% of the roots casted by a lvl200 trader on me...failed.
    The others i broke.

Nano resist works.

That is if you have the same nano resist like me.... 1.4k.
    Need to max it though.

The trick to resist is easy...go full def.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

There is something rotten in the state of Denmark... nanoresist... damn it nano users! Stand up and demand your rights! Enforcers are too uber with it! ...not saying NERF here, but atlest we should have a chance of landing our roots, slows, debuffs etc etc on those pesky enforcers. Erm...how the H**L could a non-GAmk4 using fixer stand up to that? Most enforcers run WAY faster than fixers (with a little fixer love) - an enforcer would make a bloody pulp out of you in seconds with his hitech melee weaponry! Someone should look into this, just seems not right somehow.

Seraphael (hold the anchovies, extra sarcasm)

HAHHAHAHAHAHAH

NERF ENFORCERS!

WTF are you talking about?
    Rage allways worked like that.

The thing is....nano resist was broken.
    It works now.

Besides, as our dear fixers friend whines about their dark blue skills all the time....

/sarcasm on
    Nano Resist is DARK BLUE TO ENFORCER.....buhuuuuuuuuu....
    Enforcer is gimped because we have dark blue nano skills...and dark blue Nano Resist.....
    Buhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.......
    /sarcasm off

Thats how fixers sound when they WHINE about their dark blue skills...

Anyway....you are not supposed to keep a RAGE EVIL MACHINE like the ENFORCER rooted...deal with it.
    That is, if the enforcer is smart and has good nano resist.
    NO enforcer will have the IPS for it untill lvl160.

Anyway, i give up on the fixer issue.
    Its not even a fixer issue or a GA issue.
    Its an evade issue.
    Ok ok, maybe GA4 is LITTLE overpowered with its dms mod.
    Maybe it is supposed to work like that.
    Who knows.

Who cares, a fixer cant keep me rooted anyway, maybe...and its not like i could EVER kill a fixer with his EVAC buff...even if i could actually hit him...roflmao.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Originally posted by nallepuuh
    Heh.. well if anyone noticed in 2ho lately..
    Hunter06 Running around and peeps arent even attacking him..
    Why you wonder? Well there is no point.. cant hit him..
    I with my 1100 Attack rate tried too hit him once for testing..
    In about 20 attacks i hit him once... And if he gets under 50% he just grids out Lol... so either way we cant win..
    I have gotten my ass handed to me on severeal occasions vs MAs...swapping between melee and ranged specials. Many other professions are more dangerous to me now than ever before. LOL nalle, you were always a gimp! No more runbuffs for you!

Actually I am just a few postings away from a permanent leave of absence myself - just too much wannabe-uber-kill-em-all attitude in AO. Hope the next mmorpg will be different, but SWG with its possibilities of playing jedis doesn't sound too promising in that regard. What some of you just fail to realize is that in a combat based game as AO surely is, there MUST be profession balance - you just CAN'T argue the supremacy of certain combat related classes as long as those other professions gain nothing in return.
    If you fail to realize this then I am sorry for you. I know of many fixers and other players on the brink leaving the game now partly because YOU people whine and cry nerf at first opportunity time and time again, thanks for spoiling the game for the rest of us!

Seraphael
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jul 9th, 2002 at 12:26:22.

Seyonne

My game has been raped on several occasions. Nothing new there.

By all means, keep the GA. I dont care anymore.
    I have accepted the fact that i wont kill a fixer.
    Not like i had any experience with fixers in pvp before.

Does not matter really.
    And you are right. I screwed up.
    What started out as an observation thread about GA in pvp, turned very quickly into a NERF thread.
    Should have known better.

Even by me, i am guilty too.
    This UBER obsession by us(the players) is ruining this game.
    I want to be UBER...buhuuuuuuuuu.

My posts got heated up, because i got challenged by fixers about the GA issue. I know its uber and you know its uber.

But GA , is not an issue at all here.
    Besides no fixer will ever challenge me, maybe they think i will go and cry or something. I have done all the tests i need.
    By all means..challenge me..i will duel you.

PVP is an issue.
    Arena is an issue.
    Duel in arena? HAHAHAHA.
    We are talking GANK festival here.

The grief, the name calling, the ganking....ffs
    I had enough with this joke called....duel.

I just want to duel, but HONOR does not exist.
    So no, i dont got an issue with fixers GA.

I am very sorry for starting this thread.

P.S
    Dont get me started about the farming title issue.
    I will start a NERF ENFORCER thread now i think..why not.
    Lets nerf everything. Then we can all press cancel together.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Actually, it would be nice to have the option for honorable duels... Like, auto debuff when you enter the arena, and you can only receive buffs from yourself while you're there... I mean, the arena is for duels, that's you and an opponent, not you, your friends and your friends' friends (and the occasionnal ganker)... If you want team battles, just head to a regular 25% zone...

Actually, something I liked in a mud I played (and still play occasionnaly) was /challenge. Just good old honor bound duel, could be done everywhere, reguarding of PvP zone or not... You did a /challenge <target>, the target did /challenge accept, and voila, you two could have a duel with no outside interferance... You even had a set of nice option (duel to death, duel to half life, first blood - well evades worked very nicely...). Would be nice to have it in AO...

On the subject of evades... They're just starting to work... It was supposed to be an advantage for some classes (MA, Fixers...) and was totally inneficient... Same for nano resist, which did nothing before... Also, so far only a handful of classes have been fixed (MP, Fixers, MA, Crats, Adv). Many still really need some fixing, either because of the one dimensional factor (Enforcers, Soldiers) or because they're still not balanced (NT, Enginers, Traders -- good at PvP, but PvM they have little advantage now). So, this is a situation which is supposed to evolve and probably will...

FC might be a little on the slow side, but at least they can do a decent job when they eventually move to fix a class (MP was well done, Fixer patch seems to work pretty fine...).

I didn't know that nanoresist was fixed in 14.4, since I heard nothing about it (like I did with evades) I assumed it was broken like it always was. Sorry.

Oh yeah, fixers' nano resist is blue too, and two of our nanoskills (T&S and BioMet) are bluer than yours.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by SPORTYSLAG (a.k.a. Evilspork)
    I didn't know that nanoresist was fixed in 14.4, since I heard nothing about it (like I did with evades) I assumed it was broken like it always was. Sorry.

Oh yeah, fixers' nano resist is blue too, and two of our nanoskills (T&S and BioMet) are bluer than yours.
    Trouble with nano resist (like evades), is that it's checked against the opponent skills. So, resisting a Fixer's roots should be "easy"... Resisting a Trader deprive should not be too hard (unbuffed skills, since it's the first one), same with ransack (190% NR). Now, resisting a NT (whole profession geared towards maxing MC) is another story... And resisting a MP (skills maxed + mochams+Odin) is likely to be very hard too... Like, how often do you have people (without GA) evade an Enforcer during a whole fight when having blue evades? The problem is that failing a dodge just hurts... Failing a NR against a nano debuff when you're in GA means the fight is lost (and you most likely can't evac anymore at this point either)...

Still, good thing nano resist is now working properly Now, just too bad I don't have the IP to raise it

Im gonna check this when I get home from work, but feel free to answer:

Does the Basic Nano Store contain a DoT Nano ? Or do I have to get my hands on some Hacked DoTs to actually get to kill a Smurf?!

Originally posted by Yrsonny
    Im gonna check this when I get home from work, but feel free to answer:

Does the Basic Nano Store contain a DoT Nano ? Or do I have to get my hands on some Hacked DoTs to actually get to kill a Smurf?!
    No basic DoT in gen nano...
    And hacked DoT are not very high either...
    But a doc certainly has a very good chance :
    - Epsillon Purge. High NR, but if it gets through (very few Fixers have maxed NR) , both HoT are cancelled (having low NCU HoT is a double edged blessing...). And they're pretty expensive in nano (two highest HoT = 729+1293 vs 400 for Epsillon).
    - Nasty DoT, which can stack (Sentient Nano Gorger & Scythe B Virus = around 140 dmg/s, while our two highest HoTs heal less than 80).
    - GA Fixers are very low on heal and nano (no token board at all, no armor with health bonus - only base health and implants, and nano skill is usually low too). Docs have some nice health boosts, high nano pool usually and can use high end nano stims.
    - Doc will be able to outheal the damage from the Fixer, especially if Fixer is init debuffed.
    - Since the doc is letting the DoT do all the work, he can probably stay in full defense 95% of the time, and avoid crits and some hits...
    - Fixer won't be able to evac, you don't do that with a huge DoT on yourself, /terminate is instant vs 3sec run time for evac

All in all, pretty good chance for the doc to win the fight... Though it will certainly be a pretty slow paced fight lol So, that makes it NT, MP, Traders and Docs you stand a very good chance against GA Fixer, if not guaranteed success... In a team vs team situation, that means the smurf won't matter in the fight after the first seconds, because he will be waiting at reclaim

Originally posted by Yrsonny
    [BDoes the Basic Nano Store contain a DoT Nano ? Or do I have to get my hands on some Hacked DoTs to actually get to kill a Smurf?! [/B]
    Hmmm? I think a trader such as yourself should have little problem with first undressing us with a little debuffdelite and subsequently blast the naked smurf into a quivering little pool of blue gel.

You will probably have even less resistance from a smurf than you do any other opponent so you can quit worrying there is anything new that can actually put up a fight with the trader.
    I got undone by a grey trader 70 levels beneath me after he put his special love moves on me. Fixers are notoriously hard to kill tho, because of superior speed (except when meeting enforcers, MAs, adventurers in pvp) that fixers know better than anyone when its time to capitalize on, and gridevac. In addition we are just too cute - and cuddely - and slippery for death.

Seraphael
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jul 10th, 2002 at 15:42:43.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Yes we all know Fixers are uber now ..Grats i say.
    Im so sick of nerfing that i allmost left Ao , i say no nerfs for fixers.
    I have trader at one time ppl wanted me in teams now ... pfft

I Dont give a Flying F if Fixers are un hittable let um keep it.
    All i want is my love " soldier love "
    When was the last itme we got a fix or a new nano ???
    ummmmmmmm never !!
    Soldiers are posta be the masters of Rangded attack hands Down.
    just like docs are the masters of healing...

Well i want my uber Ranged buffs ..

Synliquad lvl 166 soldier
    speeddlr 144 trader

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    I'm saying 300 more nano resist is 300 more than what other people have. You try to make it seem like you got this weakness against nukers, yet you have 300 more nano resist than anyone else. I'm not saying it's a big advantage, but I can not see why it is a disadvantage at least.

And the reason this issue came up after 14.4 is because the way evades work was changed in 14.4. Gee, how stupid are people..
    Regardless of whether or not its more nano resist than what other people have does not change the fact that it is useless. It isn't an advantage or a disadvantage. It's just there. 14.4 mightve changed the way evades worked but its already been verified by both fixers and non-fixers it doesn't do a thing. And yes, we do have a disadvantage against all the pure-nano casting classes. But i could care less, since rock-paper-scissors style pvp isn't the most popular thing with other folks around here it seems *cough*

lol, if your concern was really about evades you wouldnt want the armor to be nerfed. You already said you don't want the armor to be nerfed to ****, yet knowing funcom, you and i both know it would be. But of course, the only purpose of ranting about GA is to make another class more uber, and you wouldve shut up either way if it turned out that way just like every other prof did who never spoke up for the fixers and made jokes about killing them in pvp.

Ank: "Roots? I can break them at will. "

Sharp Objects Inexperience.

"Nano Resist is DARK BLUE TO ENFORCER.....buhuuuuuuuuu....
    Enforcer is gimped because we have dark blue nano skills...and dark blue Nano Resist.....
    Buhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....... "

So what? we don't have to abilities in a group that an enforcer does, we don't have their dmg, we don't have their HP, and our real role in AO is still being debated. And a computer hacker with dark blue nano skills is just ridiculous, btw, especially since we rely on our nanos more than enforcers do...Do not even get me started about how you sound right now, either.

"Anyway, i give up on the fixer issue.
    Its not even a fixer issue or a GA issue.
    Its an evade issue.
    Ok ok, maybe GA4 is LITTLE overpowered with its dms mod.
    Maybe it is supposed to work like that.
    Who knows."

Make up your mind already!
    Last edited by Stromm; Jul 11th, 2002 at 22:34:35.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Paper rock scissors would work if we could change our type at a whim. However... you can't. That's why PvP still needs LOTS of work. One thing at a time.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

You got that right, but i don't get what you mean by 'our'...do you mean soldiers?
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

No. I don't.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Stromm

So what? we don't have to abilities in a group that an enforcer does, we don't have their dmg, we don't have their HP, and our real role in AO is still being debated. And a computer hacker with dark blue nano skills is just ridiculous, btw, especially since we rely on our nanos more than enforcers do...Do not even get me started about how you sound right now, either.

You have no clue what an enforcer relies on. We dont rely on our nanos? HAHAHA.....wake up plz.
    Ever heard of Essence, Rage, Shield, MONGO?????????
    NOOB!
    About me going BUHUUU about the dark blue nano skills...did you miss the sarcasm tags?
    I was saying that, because you fixers are WHINING too much about your damn dark blue nano skills.
    I got dark blue nano skills too...SO WHAT?
    Cry me a river.

I have made up my mind Stromm.
    I dont care.
    When i find a way to crack smurf skull, i be content.
    And yes, i think GA4 is a little overpowered.
    DEAL WITH IT, AS I DEAL WITH IT FFS.

BTW
    Since when is it FORBIDEN for me to state my opinion, based on ACTUAL FACTS tested?
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast