Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fixers are uber! :)

Originally posted by Heart of Evil

The only thing that has changed on Grid Armor between 14.2 and 14.4 is that Funcom finally fixed the crit bug. Nothing else has changed.

What makes the difference is that EVADES have been tweaked in 14.4. If you are asking for evades to be nerfed back to pre-14.4 then you are screwing yourself as well as everyone who plays this game.

Grid Armor works as it was intended. Leave it alone.

~Hoopspro
    All I'm saying is that the +2100 DMS modifier that was scaled according to the old ruleset might be a bit too much under the current ruleset.

Heart of Evil

/Heart of Evil

Lvl200 Soldier, Lvl 165 Agent, Lvl 161 Enf
    vs
    Lvl 154 Fixer

Fixer at full def.
    Rest at full aggro.
    Fixer was taking fire from all 3, att the same time.
    He was fine.

I want an official reply from FC about this.
    Does it work as intended?
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

/s ROCK PAPER SCISSORS!!!

Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

LOL, EvilSpork

I hope you are kidding me.
    Where exactly does it state that?

Give it rest. By stating this, that means that you are EXPECTING to win agaist enf, sol, ma, adv allways.

I must have missed that part, maybe FC mentioned that we are supposed to loose from you smurfs...lol.

In that case, i want it made official by FC.

Thx for your time.

Also, did you read that we where 3 HIGHER lvl then the fixer and could not kill him?

ROCK PAPER SCISSORS
    ROCK PAPER SCISSORS
    ROCK PAPER SCISSORS

Sorry, but i dont buy that for a sec.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Would you expect to be able to win against an NT with Nullity 2? I've never used it, but judging from the stats it looks like it could be easily chain casted.
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

EvilSpork: There's a skill-lock on Nullity, which prevents you from using it more than once every minute. Hence no chain casting of either NSI or NSII.

Thumbs up GA.. lol

I did some tests with a fixer in GA4 and landed approximately 10% of my shots.... which was a bit of a surprise considering I was 46 levels higher than the green fixer...

hiting 25-30% of time I could live with.

However...

Like like the idea in PVP that classes should be effective against some and have some nemesis. Fixers are pretty well protected now vs melee/ranged combat. However some nano classes can own them.

Its a trade off.....

FC would be better to spend there time fixing other problems in the game or giving 'love' to a few other classes than re-nerfing fixers.

(Free GA4 Nano donations accepted)
    /Voorg

Originally posted by Two-Face
    EvilSpork: There's a skill-lock on Nullity, which prevents you from using it more than once every minute. Hence no chain casting of either NSI or NSII.
    Ah, didn't know about that. But you could still cast 4-12 nukes (depending on which one you use) in those 17 seconds of true invulnerability.
    Hi.

The thing I fail to see here is how fixers are "owned" by nukers.. It's not like you have any less hp than others. It's not like you have any less nano resist than others (+300 from GA IV alone). Sounds like some fabricated "weakness" in order to justify invulnerability towards malee/ranged attacks.

The only weakness exists in massive nano debuffs, something that takes a MP, trader or agent in FP trader to achieve. Being as vulnerable to nukes as anyone else in the game hardly counts as a weakness.

Originally posted by EvilSpork
    Ah, didn't know about that. But you could still cast 4-12 nukes (depending on which one you use) in those 17 seconds of true invulnerability.
    Nullity I and II renders you unable to move IIRC. So you have the time it takes to run out of range with 1600 run speed to get off those nukes.

Roots.
    Hi.

I'm guessing Funcom didn't consider what improving evades would do to grid armor

Maybe they did and this is what they intended. Like someone else mentioned, you can raise your evades too, not just fixers.
    Hi.

A GAmk4 fixer sacrifice bracers, pads and about 2-2.5k AC++. A smurf has considerably less hp than almost all equal level pvp opponents. Nukes vs 2k AC (with GAmk4) = ouch time! And oh, I miss a lot vs MA's in pvp too.

Seraphael
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jul 6th, 2002 at 08:19:10.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    The thing I fail to see here is how fixers are "owned" by nukers.. It's not like you have any less hp than others. It's not like you have any less nano resist than others (+300 from GA IV alone). Sounds like some fabricated "weakness" in order to justify invulnerability towards malee/ranged attacks.

The only weakness exists in massive nano debuffs, something that takes a MP, trader or agent in FP trader to achieve. Being as vulnerable to nukes as anyone else in the game hardly counts as a weakness.
    Nukes and specials go straight through Grid Armour, this was intended to balance it out, so if a Nuker can root a fixer in GA that fixer is dead as they are wearing no armour, and have none of the Hit point adding items. that is the reason why no NT's or MP are here demanding GA is Nerfed again

hugs

lilnymph
    Last edited by lilnymph; Jul 6th, 2002 at 15:54:58.
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Re: Heart of Evil

Originally posted by Anikitos
    /Heart of Evil

Lvl200 Soldier, Lvl 165 Agent, Lvl 161 Enf
    vs
    Lvl 154 Fixer

Fixer at full def.
    Rest at full aggro.
    Fixer was taking fire from all 3, att the same time.
    He was fine.

I want an official reply from FC about this.
    Does it work as intended?
    and I thought you weren't campaigning for GA to be nerfed Anikitos?

Hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

lilnymph

3 vs 1 should allways result one thing.
    The death of the one that fights the 3.

Anything else is plane stupid to assume, and very selfish.

Also after reading the fixer board, i see that i am not the only one thinking that GA4 is ....unreal to say the least. Many fixers share my opinion aswell.

Besides, GA is becoming more availabe and is droping more...that according to FIXERS talking about it in your own board.

That GA4 is uber, there is no question about it.

When an item becomes so powerfull, so unreal, that you have a 3 vs 1 scenario and the 3 cant win....even though they are higher lvl and more experienced.......

Well, you got to admitt that something is wrong with that.
    If you cant admitt to that, you are not at all realistic and very selfish i am afraid.

After the countless tests i have made now against different ppl wearing GA4...i fail to see how that item is balanced at all.

The fixers claim that VERY VERY few ppl wear GA at all..ok.
    Like 93+% dont wear GA.

What if the GA was reduced in effectivness and made more available to the general populations of fixers having NO chance of paying that outrageous ammounts of money for GA.

Because what we have now, is simply BS.
    Its god mode....against melee/ranged....plain and simple.
    That is if you have the evades.

But even against Sware(GA4 fixer) with evades at 350....my 1.3 attack rating was not doing much when he was at full def.
    Now god forbid, if he raised his evades.....forget about it.

Suggestions...constructive suggestions that is.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

mmm

hmmm.. who to start this post...
    yes.. ok here gose.. well GA4 may own close combat profs im not saying its ok BUT(!!!) im playing a NT and i can tell u that a Dbuff from a MP/trader is the same way 4 me.. no its not... i cant even attack if they do that to me. so what do i do..
    1, i dont pvp traders (hehe if they dont attack me in 2ho ;P)
    2, i attack the MP first whit my dbuff and i hope the sucka wont b abel to dbuff me..

is this right that Enfs cant kill Fixers and that NTs cant kill Traders?? well only FC knows that.

one thing i do know is that i dont want ne nerfs.. its better to boost the profs who needs it. som1 told me NTs r getting a MC resist buff in the NT patch (will make it harder to dbuff MC) (not 100% if its coming)..
    and mayb enfs needs some love (dont play 1 so i take ur word fore it) but i think they hafto fix the Engi first the bigest gimp in pvp.

the pvp system now is workin like this... u can kill som profs and som profs will own u so hard u cant sitt fore a weak...... hmm and som profs will gett ownd by all the profs (engis.. ok som realy good pvprs can do it).

i dont like this system i think that every prof should have a chanse to kill neone but som profs should b harder to kill.. not inposibel... Fixers whit GA4 can kill Meele classes and Nukes and dbuffs will kill them and enfs will gett ownd.. so if u look att the way pvp is today this is right....

hmm thats my way to c it and i hope they fix all the profs that needs it =)

/PS ok GA4 is bossdrop now well so is Nullety MK2.. but that dosent mean they r common.. they r still rare like hell

/ Tolbat Masta Gimp Flame me if u want to..

Ok, since everyone is so afraid of the word "nerf", let me put my request in other words:

I want the usefullness of attack rating boosted to come up on par with the way evades work.

Re: lilnymph

Originally posted by Anikitos
    3 vs 1 should allways result one thing.
    The death of the one that fights the 3.
    I agree with this, aslong as the 1 is fighting, Was whoever the one on full agro, or running with full defenese (ie, not fighting, just defending). If full defense, I would say it was working as it is intended, as I refuse to believe that anyone could kill someone else with full defense, they just wouldn't shoot fast enough. So in this case the fixer might have made a choice, given up his/her chance to kill any of you, for a chance to escape. This is know as tactics and should be encouraged. If you had said that this fixer took on 3 of you, and managed to kill you all, or even one of you, then yes I would agree it was over powered.

And people try some tactics, lure a GA4 fixer into an ambuse, have a trader or MP around and Debuff the sucker, just dont shout nerf whenever you run up against something that is a problem.

What if the GA was reduced in effectivness and made more available to the general populations of fixers having NO chance of paying that outrageous ammounts of money for GA.
    We have been asking for this very thing, but where always told that GA was MEANT to be Powerfull, and MEANT to be rare.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast