Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fixers are uber! :)

I agree that Enforcers should have some update. But Fixers should stay as they are if not better ( some of our skills are bugged like we cant refresh the NCU buff, and need some more content to use our B&E and complit skills)
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

True

Yes i agree with you brother.
    As long as i stand a chance, more power to you.
    After all, i am close combat master..right?
    Dont get me started about CONTENT....rofl.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

I can't hesitate to agree with you that fighter classes should be able to be good in pvp, they HAVE been, and by classes that can kill enforcers i am not speaking of the current state pvp is in, but the one before, where enforcers could literally kill anyone with the snares being broken and such. Without grid armor i get hit in the arena for unbelievable amounts of damage from enforcer hammers and beams. I have a hard time believing an item available to my class will cut these attacks down to size.

I've even wondered why docs and traders, supposed to be non-combat in an RP perspective are the best pvp classes. But if every class went according to their descriptions, youd have a lot less people pvping.

Quoted from that fixer description:Fixer
    Overview
    The Fixer is at home indoors, with traps, locks and other devices, and a Jack (or Jill)-of-all-Trades. He tries to learn everything easily enough so he can rely on himself and count to be relied upon. A great solo profession, and also good in a team, the Fixer can easily travel all around Rubi-Ka by using his unique nanos that lets him access "The Grid". However, trying to maintain a high level in all skills (especially the rather expensive nano skills) can be an expensive commitment for the Fixer.

Strong Fields
    Some ranged weaponry
    Some speed skills
    Spying skills
    Navigation

Weak fields
    Close combat
    Nano formula skills

"Strong fields" - just thought id add none of the stuff you listed could be useful in a team either.
    Spying skills? yeah right. Anyone who wants to be a spy is an agent. Edit: If you think a fixer is a spy you don't know what a fixer really is, no offense.
    Vehicle navigation only needs to be raised to about 150 or so.
    Speed skills are cool, but run speed skills? It seems like a bad joke from funcom.

Close combat? Lol, our 1h edged skill is better than our nano skills. There are high level fixers who tell me they used swords through high levels over SMGs.
    Nano formula skills - Ok why is a soldier, a grunt, smarter at using nanos than a computer hacker? Why is it a class not considered to be a 'fighter class' has the worst nano skills in the game?

Personally, i wouldnt mind FC nerfing this grid armor MK4 thing everyone seems to hate and balancing it out with some nano help. This is getting ridiculous, all you have to do is look at the profession forums, the fixer section has 10,000+ more posts than any other profession forum.

Its very hard to implement non-fighter classes in a pvp-based game and live up to the profession/class's role. AO has proved that, or maybe i'm just wrong and funcom is just being too damn lazy about it. A poll proves most of us think funcom is doing a bad job, and this goes responseless. i think that if gaining exp wasnt combat required, classes such as doctors could be utility classes in a pvp group like they are supposed to be and in pvm. The more and more i research and experience pvp, the more i understand why 150+'s are leaving so much. Funcom messed up the pvp system, they 'fixed somethin that wasn't broke.' Instead of the blame going to the proper people its bickered among intolerant players and funcom only gains from this.

What I get a kick out of is the desperation people are having trying to get the fixer nerfed. Saying we have more green skills than we really do, saying we can take on 3 players in pvp and come out in full health, claiming nano resist does half a rat's rear and people playing the 'numbers game' by saying we are fine the way we are because we 'have tons of aqua and green skills' despite the fact a majority of them are useless(ill make an engineer if i want to smith myself an MCS). 14.4 is only the icing on this damn cake if you ask me.
    Last edited by Stromm; Jul 4th, 2002 at 10:31:17.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Stromm

I never said you have tons of green skills...not once.
    I never said nerf...not once.

What i want is, to do what my proffesion description sais, period.
    For your information, enforcers have dark blue skills in all nano skills.
    And yes, a computer hacker should NOT have dark blue skills in all nanos....thats sick.

But when i state something about GA, trust me i am not lying. I am basing my findings on facts....and i can prove them anytime.

Now, go figure out a way how i can be a close combat master...

Besides, the real problem here is :

100% Healing
    RRF (Should be selfbuffed) give soldiers some love FFS.
    Bracers

I am posting this stuff, because i had enough of this.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

I apologize for getting off the wrong track about green skills, i was referring to some other people who posted such things earlier on different threads who are posting here now.

In order for the things you listed(bracers, 100% heal) to be 'fixed' they have to be nerfed, made lesser. If you want to be able to hit this grid armor MK4 that is supposedly making the wearer invincible that will have to be nerfed aswell, but unfourtunately knowing funcom with fixer stuff there's always a 'catch' to our enhancements. If Grid armor mk4 is upsetting the high levels, all levels of grid armor will be affected and possibly the way evades work for all classes as someone pointed out above.

So much for the fixer being somewhat good in pvp....
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Unhappy well

i guess people would be more open towards "boost this class" threads before the doctor/trader fiasco.

at the moment i would rate the classes that need help something like this: engineer, enforcer, soldier since they have neither any kind of heals nor roots.

that said - so far i read that nt and traders still own a fixer. maybe there can be a few other classes to comment before the witch gets burned ?

Ok

I want:
    100% Healing to stop
    RRF to be selfbuffed
    Bracers to be DESTROYED or at least made less powerfull.

If FC wants to keep 100% healing:
    100% dmg
    Leave specials the way the are now.
    Bracers to be DESTROYED or at least made less powerfull.

What i dont want:
    To see fixers getting depressed again and thus me loosing close friends.

For my proffesion:
    A huge boost so that we can do EXACTLY what my proffesion description states that we where meant to do.

I hope i made my posistion CLEAR beyond any doubt.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Re: To Stromm

Originally posted by Anikitos
    What proffesion can kill an enforcer?
    Ma, Adv, MP, Sol, Fixer, Crat, Agent, Trader, Doc, Engi.
    Actually, Sol and Ma being able to kill enforcers is open to discussion Enforcers are the melee masters, but sols are supposed to be the ranged masters too... And MA could be argued to be melee masters too, just different style : brute strength vs speed and evades... Agreed that it shouldn't be one sided, but 50/50 outcome would seem reasonnable...
    Are Traders still that good? They can't heal anymore in PvP, or for ridiculous amount with the health transfer line, I would think that would balance things out... Weird thing is that now Traders are way better in PvP than PvM... I don't think they would mind getting worse at PvP and have some PvM love... At least, my Trader wouldn't mind
    Engi... Errr... I thought they claimed to be the absolute 0 in PvP? And MP being middle road (except to GA fixers where they own totally).

I agree that Enforcers do need some love... I actually tried out a low level one Felt very one dimensionnal though, no offense meant... They should be easy to fix though, since they're one of the few classes with a coherant concept (melee masters, able to take a beating)... Maybe make them a lot better at aggro management (seems one of the most common complain PvM)... And make the challenger line worthwhile in PvP (like adding anti-root in them and higher AMS would make it balanced vs rooting/GA classes). The Rage line fix vs roots is a typical FC fix though from how it looks, looks about as useful as the new improve Trader team heals now

Fixer:
    Weak fields
    Close combat
    Nano formula skills
    Enforcer:
    Strong Fields
    Health
    Armed close combat
    Some trade skills
    Unarmed combat
    Someone was talking about Rock-Paper-Scissors here... from the sound of this thread that ain't happening.

I can atest to the fact that Huntor has ran around 2ho for 20mins+ with 5-7 omni chasing him, not doing any damage.

I alphaed him... got him to 50%, then by the time i could do more damage.... He was healed fully.

That is my opbervation. My understanding is that he wasnt debuffed, and was running around.

I would say at most 5-10% of my shots landed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I fought Sodie in MMD, also using GA. Her HP didnt move. Max Full Auto damage here was under 500. Fling+burst landed, and thats about it.

I had a doc healing me here. After 4 complete heals she asked me to go zone, because Sodie still had full HP and she was sick of having to heal me.

No debuffs were used here either. I cast TMS twice durring the fight.

I have 945 buffed ATK using a nova/flash at level 176.

I didnt have a crit buff, and I didn't have a damage shield for either of the two fights.

/me will continue to flee when he sees a fixer comming
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Re: well

Originally posted by Blackwing
    at the moment i would rate the classes that need help something like this: engineer, enforcer, soldier since they have neither any kind of heals nor roots.

that said - so far i read that nt and traders still own a fixer. maybe there can be a few other classes to comment before the witch gets burned ?
    As far as I know enforcers DO heal, what would you call mongo if not a heal? Soldiers also have a puny heal hardly worth mentioning. An engineers main weapon is his bot and that can be healed aswell, useless in pvp mind you.

I consider enforcers and soldiers STRONG classes which haven't gone through FC latest profession upgrades. Fixed so far: MA's, adventurers and fixers. More to come I'm sure.

Seraphael

(fixer waited longer and deserved fixing more than anyone - nerf criers should have their tongues snipped)

Heh.. well if anyone noticed in 2ho lately..
    Hunter06 Running around and peeps arent even attacking him..
    Why you wonder? Well there is no point.. cant hit him..
    I with my 1100 Attack rate tried too hit him once for testing..
    In about 20 attacks i hit him once... in that time about almost every class would be 100 feet burried under the ground lol..
    Maybe a NT or Crat can kill him with nukes.. but thats about it..
    If you get 10 lvl 200 Sold and let them Alpha him.. he wont get under 50% even.. heh.. Sadly true =/
    And if he gets under 50% he just grids out Lol... so either way we cant win..
    Picture of me in real life
    -Honing är gott-

What proffesion can kill an enforcer?
    Ma, Adv, MP, Sol, Fixer, Crat, Agent, Trader, Doc, Engi.
    I found this list odd as I know some of these classes can't do that well
    Hmmm lets see
    Ma
    Thats a near even fight, Mongo and tons O HP vs slow 8 second healing. All a matter of who can get lucky and crit hard even to win
    Call MA an even match not uttler KILL Enfocers

Adv
    Hmm no roots. Rage to em and some Advs are melee, Pistol Advs damage output sucks, The Cylcilic damage shields would tilt things in thier favor if they were ingame yet
    But the fact is Advs don't have the damage output to do somthing with all that healing except heal past your damage
    Of course Post 140 any Adventurer can call the fight at any time
    *Cali's Form Parrot
    Instat cast with 550 or greater nano-init
    So call that a Win for Enfocers unless its a Nova Flow Adv then its slight in Adv's Favor

MP
    No roots agian, But heal and damage pet. Soon as you see MP Rage and Mongo then hope you can break em before that wears off
    MPs as a rule are hard for Melee classes to beat but don't have Tons O HP but a root symbo graph and a not paying attention MP can get them killed if they leave the pet behind
    Favors MP for that one
    I'll give ya that one

Soilder
    MK UP!
    Enfocer Rage
    Root him
    Run, bash wait for MK to go down-remonging as needed and hope your Alpha can kill him before his does you
    A toss up

Fixer
    Unless its MK IV like Nullity MK II Fixers fights are still one-sided Enfocer, With the excpetion of Lag works in both sides favor. Fixer might run to close to Enfocer. Enfocer might run wrong way from Fixer
    But then agian a Enfocer can get 1.6k Runspeed so who knows

Crat?
    Root, Nuke(Rule of One) while the pet and friends bash on you
    Get close enough to the Crat and they are going down

Agent?
    Sneak sneak
    Aimshot
    Enfocers turns
    Squish! one less Agent, I've rarley seen an Agent beat an enfocer in PVP even with roots Agents don't have the heath or evades to make it

Trader?
    No healing means dead Trader, Root, break root run smash repeat if they divest you, just more root free smashing time

Docs
    No roots
    Run em outta nano-poll and you win otherwise prepare to be womped

Engi?
    WTF?
    Rage past bot
    Smack down engie
    This one is complety one-sided, I've seen a level 120 Enfocer Face a 164 MK II Nova flow using Engie with Slayer and win easily
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Eh....

****************'
    Ma
    Thats a near even fight, Mongo and tons O HP vs slow 8 second healing. All a matter of who can get lucky and crit hard even to win
    Call MA an even match not uttler KILL Enfocers
    ****************'

Mongo is good yes. Recasting layers is good too.
    Its an even fight with ma....unless you introduce RRF and bracers.

Adv
    Hmm no roots. Rage to em and some Advs are melee, Pistol Advs damage output sucks, The Cylcilic damage shields would tilt things in thier favor if they were ingame yet
    But the fact is Advs don't have the damage output to do somthing with all that healing except heal past your damage
    Of course Post 140 any Adventurer can call the fight at any time
    *Cali's Form Parrot
    Instat cast with 550 or greater nano-init
    So call that a Win for Enfocers unless its a Nova Flow Adv then its slight in Adv's Favor

I was testing with mazine(adv) and i had no chance to get her hp down at the time. Advs are uber healers.

MP
    No roots agian, But heal and damage pet. Soon as you see MP Rage and Mongo then hope you can break em before that wears off
    MPs as a rule are hard for Melee classes to beat but don't have Tons O HP but a root symbo graph and a not paying attention MP can get them killed if they leave the pet behind
    Favors MP for that one
    I'll give ya that one

Mp, yes they are hard. But can be killed like the rest of them.
    Do not bring symbio graft up.

Soilder
    MK UP!
    Enfocer Rage
    Root him
    Run, bash wait for MK to go down-remonging as needed and hope your Alpha can kill him before his does you
    A toss up

Last i checked, enforcers cant root. Do not bring symbio graft up.
    I dont have one and have not seen one. But i want one.

Fixer
    Unless its MK IV like Nullity MK II Fixers fights are still one-sided Enfocer, With the excpetion of Lag works in both sides favor. Fixer might run to close to Enfocer. Enfocer might run wrong way from Fixer
    But then agian a Enfocer can get 1.6k Runspeed so who knows

Fixed does not need to run or root me to win over me. Trust me.

******************''
    Crat?
    Root, Nuke(Rule of One) while the pet and friends bash on you
    Get close enough to the Crat and they are going down
    ******************''

I have no experience dueling crats.

Agent?
    Sneak sneak
    Aimshot
    Enfocers turns
    Squish! one less Agent, I've rarley seen an Agent beat an enfocer in PVP even with roots Agents don't have the heath or evades to make it

Have not had the pleasure to meet an agent in ages.

*****************'
    Trader?
    No healing means dead Trader, Root, break root run smash repeat if they divest you, just more root free smashing time
    *****************'

Have not dueled a trader since 14.4

Docs
    No roots
    Run em outta nano-poll and you win otherwise prepare to be womped

Run them out of nanopool..hmmm...no comment.

Engi?
    WTF?
    Rage past bot
    Smack down engie
    This one is complety one-sided, I've seen a level 120 Enfocer Face a 164 MK II Nova flow using Engie with Slayer and win easily

Depends on the engi......

I get the impression that you think ppl duel selfbuffed ....very well.
    My favorite was to deplete the docs nano....when you do that send me a tell.

I have allready stated what IMHO is wrong with pvp.
    I hate to repeat myself....read the thread.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

As lots of people have pointed out earlier, discussing profession balance where one of the two don't play their class to their full potential is pointless. Therefore, discussing how a fixer without GA performs in PvP is pointless.

nallepuh is right..

only people with nukes and roots have a chance of killing them now, if they dont grid out before ......

my 180 ma friend hit a lvl 200 fixer 1 out of 15 hits with 1086 attack rating and UVC on, and a lvl 160ish fixer about 1:8

how can you kill something you cant hit with almost 1100 attack rating?

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    As lots of people have pointed out earlier, discussing profession balance where one of the two don't play their class to their full potential is pointless. Therefore, discussing how a fixer without GA performs in PvP is pointless.
    LOL, Coldstrike. GA is NOT taken into account in fixer class balance. Funcom has stated they DONT want every fixer to have it, and it is supposed to be rare and special. It is. However fixers should be able to PvP without it, and that is not because they are not playing to their full potential, it is because GA is one of the two rarest objects in the game

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

now you won't get to neophyte

It's funny, I normally try to play class/breed combinations that'll be a challenge - my atrox doc was pretty tough at low levels, and I've had a few others that have fallen by the wayside.

A few weeks ago I started a nanomage fixer thinking (WOW!! This one will be KING of the gimps! Wonder if I can break 120?)

So I go to the fixer forum just to see what's up, get a link to this thread.. now it looks like fixers are JUST SO GODDAMN UBER that I should probably make something else. I mean, it can't be that you guys are just *so* used to being able to hit 1,2,3 (fullauto, burst, fling (or insert your other choice of specials here) and then 5 for TMS/Mongo/Whatever and winning easily, that you now can't believe it that you might actually have to be a little smart to kill someone?

Hmm... what now can I play so that I'm not 'flavor of the week'... Maybe a nanomage soldier using breathing space..
    Last edited by Shikhi; Jul 4th, 2002 at 17:28:35.
    Velveeta - The best atrox doctor on Rubi-Ka 1!
    Aiboforcen - A change of pace..
    Shikhi - The return!

Digital Gunfire - Music to level by.

Neo?

I got freshman...lol (I am uber, but then again i dont pvp that much anymore rofl.)

Maybe its only me that had problems with GA armor...who knows.
    Lets hear from any NON casting proffesion, their input.
    Maybe they have a few tricks they want to share...

Maybe i am just stupid...bah.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Originally posted by Oxo
    nallepuh is right..

only people with nukes and roots have a chance of killing them now, if they dont grid out before ......

my 180 ma friend hit a lvl 200 fixer 1 out of 15 hits with 1086 attack rating and UVC on, and a lvl 160ish fixer about 1:8

how can you kill something you cant hit with almost 1100 attack rating?

1) Can't Grid when you have been unmade / divested / plundered / nanoshutdowned Traders/MP can really own GA fixers totally... Actually, Fixers without GA are more troublesome for them...

2) Brawl / dimach / shen / BwT / MA special attacks don't go through GA?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast