Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fixers are uber! :)

Chance of winning?

Did you read that i was not able to hit him?

That i am 161 and he is 154?

Or Caols statement that GA drops in team missions?
    Although i dont know if that is true.

Besides the fixers that pvp have GA....

But like i ALSO said, you guys deserve the loving.
    But still....

I CANT HIT THE LITTLE BLUE SMURF!

So, how do i ... A TRUE FIGHTING CLASS (what a joke) fight a fixer with GA4?
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

IF they nerf the GA, its more than likely they will gimp evades back like last patch........................ and we DONT want that
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

hey Ani, are you posting from work again?

how about another round of pvp today? you can even wear your energy bracers

jk man ... I agree, I maybe owned you yesterday ... but both Zorgin and Shamarg owned me just after you logged... heh.. does that mean they can own you? I don't think so... but we all have our strengths and weaknesses... I think this is balancing for team battles, the way pvp SHOULD be.
    --
    Torgman - Clan Fixer
    Torgshaolin - Clan MA
    Torgstash - Clan Trader
    Torgmedic - Clan Doc
    Torgredtape - Clan Crat

Games don't make people violent. Lag does.

hehe I PvP, and I dont have Grid armour, neither do about 3 other fixers I know of off the top of my head who PvP, so not all fixer who PvP have it.

and you also have to jump through hoops to get the damn thing equiped at a useful level, to wear it you have to dump IP's into a dark blue skill tht is used for nothing else, and Fixer Nano's arent our best area anyway hehe.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Torgy!

I just want to hit the blue little smurf!

Neh, i am content.
    Besides like i said, you guys needed this bad.

I guess my pride was hurt when i saw i could not smash little Torgy!

You have do understand, we enforcers get upset when we cant smash things!

I mean wth, its all we have! Smashing things...

Bah, i need to lvl more i think...161 is not enough by a longshot.

P.S
    Yes Torg, i am at work and bored...
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

And here I was pre-patch, hearing comments that the additions to Grid Armor weren't good enough.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Hugs Cosmik, they aren't, it needs to be better
    (just joking before anyone flames me)

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

cosmik teh funnyman
    Novice Bare "Xthril" Lotto
    Super agent man

Roosevelt "Muchopain" Babilonia
    Bad Boy Yardie

Just don't nerf it again, Cosmik... then I'll be sad (
    --
    Torgman - Clan Fixer
    Torgshaolin - Clan MA
    Torgstash - Clan Trader
    Torgmedic - Clan Doc
    Torgredtape - Clan Crat

Originally posted by Cosmik
    And here I was pre-patch, hearing comments that the additions to Grid Armor weren't good enough.
    Does this mean you don't plan to fix it? You have any idea what you have released into the game? 6 hours of practically continous invulnerability to physical attacks?

Shhhh Torgy you said the N-word =))

I actually WON a pvp fight today =))) Hmmm I guess hell has frozen over now. Can anyone with a direct line downstairs check it out plz ?
    Fixeline Unit Leader in Reborn
    Crateline

coldstrike... don't even start
    --
    Torgman - Clan Fixer
    Torgshaolin - Clan MA
    Torgstash - Clan Trader
    Torgmedic - Clan Doc
    Torgredtape - Clan Crat

I'm saying it right out loud.. This item must be nerfed. Flame me all you want for it, but it's over powered and you all know it.

Well, Beam Enforcer vs Fixer is the worst an Enforcer can do... Before patch and without GA, we already were good, because of the cheap duck expl (meaning Beam won't crit that much) and the roots. HoT helps too, since a beam is a slow hitting thing... And a slow hitting thing vs GA means very little hits will get through... I would be curious about the outcome of a max speed (40 attacks/min with claw) MA...
    Also, GA main weakness is the fact that specials just go through it. And Enforcers with a beam don't have that many specials (don't know if brawl is considered a special for this).

So, GA Fixer should rule vs :
    - Enforcer
    - MA (maybe, dimach and shen can still hurt a lot)
    - Non special using profession (Engineer, Crat, some adv...)

They should have troubles vs :
    - MP (debuffs kill GA)
    - Docs (massive healing + DoT vs HoT - uncome uncertain)

And a *lot* of troubles vs :
    - Traders (massive debuff => GA with crappy AC and crappy buffs, besides it kills our nano abilities)
    - Soldiers (FA + Fling + Burst = we're most likely killed by the specials, even if we evade all the rest)
    - NT (nukes just cut through GA unhindered)

A while design PvP system should be the paper-rock-scissors thing : everyone can potentially own someone and get owned by someone else... It seems the Fixers are correctly balanced for that... We have Fixers can own Enforcers who can own NT who can own Fixers...

I agree with you, Linta... I think this is by design, to promote team pvp...the way it SHOULD be in a war...
    --
    Torgman - Clan Fixer
    Torgshaolin - Clan MA
    Torgstash - Clan Trader
    Torgmedic - Clan Doc
    Torgredtape - Clan Crat

got to admit thought. if fixers are evading 90% of the physical attacks thrown at them that could easily be seen as a tad overpowered
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Originally posted by Pie314
    got to admit thought. if fixers are evading 90% of the physical attacks thrown at them that could easily be seen as a tad overpowered
    Fixers in GA, which is not a commonly available thing... Even if the disks drop from bosses, 1) it's still a rare drop 2) you have to sacrifice a lot of IP for it... I know that you see a lot of smurfs in PvP... Well, if I had GA, I would PvP a lot more
    And it's 90% of non-special physical attacks... Nukes and alpha strikes still cut through GA like butter...
    PvP strategy actually start before the fight : by carefully picking who you're fighting...

Originally posted by Linta
    Well, Beam Enforcer vs Fixer is the worst an Enforcer can do... Before patch and without GA, we already were good, because of the cheap duck expl (meaning Beam won't crit that much) and the roots. HoT helps too, since a beam is a slow hitting thing... And a slow hitting thing vs GA means very little hits will get through... I would be curious about the outcome of a max speed (40 attacks/min with claw) MA...
    Also, GA main weakness is the fact that specials just go through it. And Enforcers with a beam don't have that many specials (don't know if brawl is considered a special for this).

So, GA Fixer should rule vs :
    - Enforcer
    - MA (maybe, dimach and shen can still hurt a lot)
    - Non special using profession (Engineer, Crat, some adv...)

They should have troubles vs :
    - MP (debuffs kill GA)
    - Docs (massive healing + DoT vs HoT - uncome uncertain)

And a *lot* of troubles vs :
    - Traders (massive debuff => GA with crappy AC and crappy buffs, besides it kills our nano abilities)
    - Soldiers (FA + Fling + Burst = we're most likely killed by the specials, even if we evade all the rest)
    - NT (nukes just cut through GA unhindered)

A while design PvP system should be the paper-rock-scissors thing : everyone can potentially own someone and get owned by someone else... It seems the Fixers are correctly balanced for that... We have Fixers can own Enforcers who can own NT who can own Fixers...
    First of all, debuffs put your GA in OE, but that only affects the AC. And since you don't get hit, you don't need the ac anyway. That moves the trader to the section of people you will rule. MPs nuke, so they can get through.

Soldiers alphastrike.. *sigh* If you go with the usual setup of RRF and 1 proj / 1 enegy bracer, the alpha do 50% or less of your health. Usually closer to 20-30% I'd say. Will your two stacked HoTs heal you back up to full in the time it takes for the specials to recharge? I think so. Soldiers therefore go up to the section of people you will rule.

Docs will never damage you, but they will heal back the damage you do to them. The fixer can go on a bio break while the doc needs to sit there and heal himself.

The GA IV adds 150 to all evades. A high level fixer probably have 800 or more in implanted skills, and another 100-150 from gridspace freedom and frenzy of shells. That is about 1100 evades. Then add +2100 DMS on top of that for about 3200 evades.

And against nanos this item has a 300 nano resist attached to it, so if anything you will be less vulnerable to nanos than others while wearing this.

I'm not asking to have this nerfed into uselessness. All I'm asking is that with 1050 attack rating you should at least be able to hit someone wearing GA once every 2-3 shots. Right now it is so effective that saying that you *never* hit hardly is an under statement.

Are you SURE this was self buffed?

It seems GAIV requirements are a TAD over what level 150 Fixer could cast.

And cosmic: The 14.x changes to Grid Armor didnt mean squat. It was fixing the crit bug that made EVERY SINGLE HIT crit us pvp

John

Originally posted by Linta

Fixers in GA, which is not a commonly available thing... Even if the disks drop from bosses, 1) it's still a rare drop 2) you have to sacrifice a lot of IP for it... I know that you see a lot of smurfs in PvP... Well, if I had GA, I would PvP a lot more
    And it's 90% of non-special physical attacks... Nukes and alpha strikes still cut through GA like butter...
    PvP strategy actually start before the fight : by carefully picking who you're fighting...
    Rarity and IP cost does in no way qualify to have invulnerability. It's just as if fixers are the only ones on the planet who needs to use ip to get anything done.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast