Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fixers are uber! :)

Question

ummm... how many fixers are >=201?

Originally posted by kyleb
    ummm... how many fixers are >=201?
    hehe wear is 200, to use it (advance it to QL 201) you must be lvl 201, it means it cant be advanced any more in QL, but you can wear it.

It starts at QL1 and you right click it to advance it to your current lvl.
    The Original "The Man" and Level 200 Fixer
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02
    ... err Back on the 5th March 2003 for a nifty payed for 30 day comeback trial

Lightbulb

Ah I see, seems like a pretty nice toy then.

More testing....

Tried some combinations and a duel with Hunter06(lvl195 fixer)

Hunter06 uses GA4...and has like 1k duck evade...

Test 1 (Me at full aggro VS Hunter06 at full aggro)
    I was doing alot of dmg to him...had to back off because at some point his HP dropped with alot. Stunned and amazed.

Test2 (Me at full aggro VS Hunter06 att full def)
    Eh, i was not hitting him at all...even with challenger it sucked big time. So at full def he was impossible to touch. Hit him maybe a couple of times. Brawl worked every time.

Test3 (DUEL)
    I lost, but.... i was very close killing him at some occasions.
    Hunter06 did not want to kill me(something to do with me being clan) but i insisted and did not back an inch.
    I enjoyed our duel very much. I did not feel helpless at all because i was actually doing good dmg on him. Our duel lasted long time. In the end, i lost....but it felt right and i did do my best.
    Loosing this way is acceptable.
    What i dont know is if Hunter06 had any melee bracers on or not.
    I know that when i dueled Highjack i basically sucked.

The result of our duel is NOT what i expected.
    Anyway, thats what happened....fyi.

P.S
    We where both selfbuffed.
    Good duel Hunter06!
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

You cannot wear bracers with grid armor. Only rings. token board, and skinchips.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Yeah...

True Stromm....my fault.

I am at work, tired and bored....

Ah well, vacation next week! 5 weeks! WOOT!
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

What had I been saying all along?

Yes... You have failed us for the last time Anikitos. Now prepeare to feel our wrath!

Lion Strimple aka Sware

Hehe

Still, this does not explain why i could not touch Highjack.
    Bad luck maybe....

YOU ARE NEXT SWARE....YOU ARE NEXT! ehhh
    I will get all of you blue smurfs!

Overall i am content i guess.
    I will be even more content when enforcer gets some loving.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Re: Hehe

Originally posted by Anikitos
    I will get all of you blue smurfs!

Wanna try me for size? hihihi!
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02

Sure!

As you wish smurf! Me and you!

No, seriously i duel you....wth not.

As long as i do dmg i am happy...

Send me a tell...
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Re: Sure!

Originally posted by Anikitos
    As you wish smurf! Me and you!

No, seriously i duel you....wth not.

As long as i do dmg i am happy...

Send me a tell...
    hehe alright
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02

Re: ENOUGH with the dark blue fixer skill complaint

Originally posted by Rhumak
    You see this *fixer only* item?

NCU Hacker Interface
    http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=view&id=158417

Get one. Eqip it. And walk around with up to permanent MP Masteries + 10 on all 6 nano skills.

They aren't hard to obtain. Trust me.
    Not hard it only takes 80 in B&E to make one This is by far one of the most unbalancing item I have seen.

Hell at level 125 this items give 38 to all nano skills. The only close item is the Van Horn Vest. Expensive vest of Dr Jones. That only adds +20 to them. I don't see a problem with allowing the fixer a little bonus in skills but get real not 1 item that comes close is as easy to get as this item. this item can be bought for under 1k in the store and show me a fixer over level 10 that has less then 80 in B&E.

This seems a little unbalancing as it is Fixer only and atainable at a VERY low level. I know that I will get flamed for this post by all the fixers out there but hey I have even heard fixers say "Holy S*^#, This thing is AWESOME!!!" Yes I agree but get real it is a BIT to easy to get. Look at the Agent mask that upgrades also "Baklasomething" That atleast requires cash to upgrade. THis only requires a click???

Look at the items that add to all your nano skills and what needs to be done to atain them and it seems this is a very unbalancing item.

Just my 2 creds

Subpar, take a good long look at Fixer nano skill costs, and the reqs to use Fixer nanos. Take a long look.

The NCUHI was implemented because our nanos were horribly overcosted and our skills horribly priced. It was one of our biggest problems pre 14.4, if not THE biggest.

Nobody spent more IP to use nanos than a Fixer. Nobody..even those classes with blue skills only had one or two lines to keep up..we have to use all SIX. And return on IP investment in Fixer nanos (prior to 14.4) was generally poor, further aggravating the issue.

Even with the NCUHI, ALL OF OUR SKILLS ARE DARK BLUE..that means that if you subtract the .3/skill/level bonus the NCUHI gives a Fixer, you're still looking at a minimum adjusted 10-11 ip base cost on every nano skill.

What it means for a fixer is that we can save a bit of IP, and be able to cast nanos only ten levels below us, not twenty.

I'm fine with the fact that they didn't cost the upgrades to the NCUHI because, well, Fixers already pay through the nose for GA, and this was not an OPTIONAL fix, but a needed, necessary, core upgrade to Fixers.

The other solution would have been to muck around with the core character code and reduce the IP cost of Fixer nano skills directly, something they didn't want to risk.
    You can run, or you can die. If you run, you just die tired.

Re: Re: ENOUGH with the dark blue fixer skill complaint

Originally posted by Subpar

Not hard it only takes 80 in B&E to make one This is by far one of the most unbalancing item I have seen.

Hell at level 125 this items give 38 to all nano skills. The only close item is the Van Horn Vest. Expensive vest of Dr Jones. That only adds +20 to them. I don't see a problem with allowing the fixer a little bonus in skills but get real not 1 item that comes close is as easy to get as this item. this item can be bought for under 1k in the store and show me a fixer over level 10 that has less then 80 in B&E.

This seems a little unbalancing as it is Fixer only and atainable at a VERY low level. I know that I will get flamed for this post by all the fixers out there but hey I have even heard fixers say "Holy S*^#, This thing is AWESOME!!!" Yes I agree but get real it is a BIT to easy to get. Look at the Agent mask that upgrades also "Baklasomething" That atleast requires cash to upgrade. THis only requires a click???

Look at the items that add to all your nano skills and what needs to be done to atain them and it seems this is a very unbalancing item.

Just my 2 creds
    Well lets take me in exemple, Level 200 Fixer, pre introduction of this tool, fully implanted in nano skills, using general buffs, maxing nano skills, there were some nanos i couldn't even use. Unbalancing? you don't know the first thing you are talking about.

That item grows with you and starts by giving +1 to skills at QL1 and grows with your lvl until at lvl 200 it gives +60, good yes, unbalancing not even close, this is in fact a balancing item for a profession with Very dark blue nanoskills across the board.

Please do some research before you post stuff like that.
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02

Re: Re: Re: ENOUGH with the dark blue fixer skill complaint

Originally posted by Hextorr

Well lets take me in exemple, Level 200 Fixer, pre introduction of this tool, fully implanted in nano skills, using general buffs, maxing nano skills, there were some nanos i couldn't even use. Unbalancing? you don't know the first thing you are talking about.

That item grows with you and starts by giving +1 to skills at QL1 and grows with your lvl until at lvl 200 it gives +60, good yes, unbalancing not even close, this is in fact a balancing item for a profession with Very dark blue nanoskills across the board.

Please do some research before you post stuff like that.
    You could do a little research of your own. While they may be dark blue, fixers still raise them 4 points per level. Much better than a poor enforcer or soldier (who get nothing to "balance" their nano skills).

For some reason the fixers think they are entitled to max everything of value to them without sacrificing in some areas. Instead of accepting their low nano skills like enforcers, or accepting their low evades like many other classes, they fight to have them both equally effective.

Re: Re: Re: Re: ENOUGH with the dark blue fixer skill complaint

Originally posted by Zeroshift

You could do a little research of your own. While they may be dark blue, fixers still raise them 4 points per level. Much better than a poor enforcer or soldier (who get nothing to "balance" their nano skills).
    Care to explain to me why i should research somethign i'm not even talking about? he said the NCU hacker interface is unbalancing, i proved him otherwise, i didnt say anythign about soldier or enforcers (yes they also need help, an atrox soldier cannot do steam roller for esemple) but i wasn't talking about soldier or enforcers was i... Have the urge to attack someone today? sheesh
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02

The grid armor did make fixers alot better the problem is it made them a little to good.The damage add is good the acs are good the evade and dodging are good but the def mod is twice what it shood be i think

Angry

Don't nerf the smurfs!

Then us metas won't have a prime target for our NanoShutdown.

/me gets his pen out...

ok i'm here where do i sign to be uber?

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast